Why wont millennials get trade jobs?

also welder here. AMA

Attached: IMG_20180929_104247.jpg (2448x3264, 1.69M)

Gen Z will. My buddy is a plumber's apprentice and im studying to become an electrician.

trade jobs require a pair of testicles

Attached: Super Soy Brothers.webm (270x480, 2.9M)

im gen z. can confirm. im 19

Would you want to become a Welder knowing that there is more money to be made creating content on twitch, youtube, instagram, etc.?

Sorry, boomer. You can keep your trade jobs.

im not gay

I haven't pursued a trade job cause they all seem boring to me. Probably gonna go back to college and get a teaching degree, that's at least kind of interesting.

Attached: 1536710735057.jpg (497x576, 75K)

I tried to do this thing where I would just fight for a living, and I'm pretty good but I lack the discipline to keep myself in shape enough to compete at the professional level
so then I feel back to just teaching but now I have some anxiety building because I'm going nowhere fast

>teaching
user please I don't want you to make barely above minimum wage,

I currently make like $9k/yr, user.

I'll take a $30k/yr gig with two months of paid vacation any day.

I work HVAC and have for the past 4 years.
I fucking hate it. Mostly because the pay is absolute shit.

This this this. There's no point in working if you're not famous and making 6 figures

They've been propagandized into thinking college is the only way forward which justifies importing immigrants for these jobs instead.

Just don't be an auto mechanic, it fucking sucks.

Do we know the story here?
did he died?

why?

I’m 38. I started working at 12. I was an iron worker at 15. I’ve hung iron, I can weld, I’ve also worked in a fab shop fabing rebar. Ive also owned a tech company and had a lawn business for ten years . Now I work in a comfy office job at the steel company. I never look down on people who work hard for a living. Never. I’ve been around degenerate drunks and drug users (kinda par for the course in the construction field) but at least they came to work everyday. Now some didn’t make it and fell off. Being a plumber, a welder, and electrician or any other trade is noble work and I hold people like that in high regard. Not to say that all office people or professionals are shit. Some people are not cut out for the trades. We have some very hard working people in our engineering dept. I still weld and make shit from time to time to. Nothing better than creating something tangible.

We are hiring in you are in a certain part of Florida.

fatality

Is it worth buying an ac flux core mig from harbor freight if I only will dick around on projects or fix small things?
And if I use it more make it DC and get a gas cylinder

I'm not supporting a family by working as a fucking plumber retarded boomer.

Attached: 1536100892467.jpg (586x578, 45K)

badly injured
no healthcare means no job, no job means no healthcare

>welder
thank you for making things safe for the rest of us, op.

because when they try to do those jobs people like you just tell them they're not cut out for it and get annoyed when they have to train them and ridicule them for the date of their birth.

holy shit did that guys neck break?

I bet youre a grind and paint kind of welder

Project manager here. How much do you enjoy people like me bossing you around?

I have like 6 friends in welding. youre not special because you werent good at school. youre just someone who can tolerate working in absolute shit conditions for decent pay

Journeymen in NYC make like 45 an hour and can get easily 10-20 hours of other a week if they wish. And oncall pay during the weekends is 12 an hour with other starting once you leave the door and only ending once your home

Trucking is where its at.

No cause the ground never shuts off. They fucking suck. Spend a little more and get a portable Lincoln or Miller. Don’t cheap out on a welder. They will only frustrate you.

>work as a sprinklerfitter apprentice
>told I’ll make 25 dollars an hour when I get my journeyman license
>get licensed
>told I am now on a path to eventually make 25 dollars an hour
>all sprinkler outfits know each other so you can’t tell them to fuck off and go somewhere else
>fuck trades they just want more victims to slave for their monopolies

Better off being a handiman under the table

I dont need a trade to provide for myself. Maybe if I had a wife and kid but every woman has been fucked by BBC already and have nasty fuckign goblino children which I am not being cucked into wageslaving for tyrone's baby.

>45 an hour
I make $15.50, and I'm the second most experienced guy at our company, and I'm only 32 and have 4 years experience.
Highest I've heard any company paying in my city is around $18 an hour.

>What is saturation?

I hope you realize there's millions of kids like you all around the world who think they can be become twitch streamers, just like the millions of kids on soundcloud who thought they could become rappers.

Don't delude yourself into thinking you'll make it into that 1% before mommy and daddy croak and you have to find a real job.

Attached: putin.jpg (640x360, 33K)

>Just don't be an auto mechanic, it fucking sucks.
Seems like a great trade to me. There's always going to be work and shop rates are 80$ an hour or better. I think if you had the discipline to save and invest in your own shop and were competent and honest you could have as much work as you want and live well. My neighbor has a small garage and he is always busy, seems to enjoy what he does, and lives comfortably and provides well for his family.

Absolute worst case scenario you learn that, then work in another field and save yourself thousands of dollars a year doing your own car repairs.

Do you live in NYC?

yeah, rip.

Attached: JC Denton whatashame.png (500x711, 150K)

Why make barely 20 an hour, when you can make much more?

Same with HVAC.
>Start off making $10 an hour
>Bust ass and work 70-80 hour weeks all the the time
>You're doing so good user! Have a 50 cent raise!
>2 years pass
>Ace the fuck out of Journeyman test
>Obtain License
>Great job user! Here's $15 an hour.
I got suckered into being told that "oh man! Those HVAC guys they make like $30 or more an hour!"
Bull
Shit.

Good answer.

Attached: 1512091175294.jpg (236x236, 11K)

Because they are under the mistaken impression that they will get great jobs as the next great game developer, IT professional, or application writer...

OR they don't like getting their hands dirty...
Wanna make big bucks? Go underwater welder

Hell no. And I never would.

whats a good trade to get into? I live in Massachusetts. I like computers but hate math

Problem with fixing cars is that there is so much tech that is being pumped into them, the average mechanic won’t be able to fix it. It’ll have to be done at the dealer because it’s so proprietary.

Union elevator constructor apprentice, I make 30.38 an hour plus a shit load of bennifits. The same people the gave me shit for being a slacker are making less than half of what I make. Feels good man.

im going to be sitting in an office sweety

im not doing stinky work

The money at independent garages isn't very good. Once upon a time it was a good way to make a living, but nowadays unless you've constantly got work coming in, it's not. If you find a good dealership that is willing to stick up for you, you'll be doing pretty well. But my dealership experience has been a lack of backbone when anyone comes in and throws enough of a fucking hissyfit about how they want the vehicle repaired under warranty, despite the car having well over 150k miles each time, so you make fuck all for the work you're doing because the company doesn't want to bleed money fixing it.

Hm, thanks for the heads up man.

That’s why you don’t make $45 an hour then.

>underwater welder
So you can get sucked into a dam outlet and die?

buy the lincon package from home depot. its a much better machine.

By law the manufacturers must sell all tools and manuals to any mechanic

paralyzed from the neck down.
Fighting is a last resort, lads. Don't be stupid.

Onions and xenoestrogens

After 6 years in construction; interlock in summer, house framing in winter a test of sewer and water installs I am back in school at 31 for computer systems tech. I only made over 30k one year in construction. Min. wage here is 30k a year so people at Walmart make as much as I do. I get nothing extra for hard labor, danger, skill and the fact the jobs important for the upkeep of our society. If I make it through school I make 40-60k a year to sit in a climate controlled office. Fuck trades

>just graduated with an associates degree in instrumentation.
>job offer before completion with starting pay of 60k/yr on 40hr weeks with occasional overtime
>top out my pay in 4 years @ 90k/yr
>median income in my area is like 36k/yr for a family

I went from neet(official wizard tier) to productive member of society. If I can do it, you can to guys.

Because Boomers are eager to pay the cheapest worker possible. They don't give a damn about the quality of work and they're horrible with money

But the cost of living in NYC is outrageous. You're probably making the equivalent of like $18 an hour

Sounds like someone is a little clumsy.....
Maybe you didn't mean to say that out loud... inside voice means inside.

tfw the lower pic wasnt mirrored but the shadows wouldnt work

I literally have 4 subscribers already and I have won fortnite solo games multiple times. I can smell my mcmansion from here.

Double digits and you shove that torch up your ass, with time stamp included.

Attached: joel-egerton_rotator.gif (465x268, 72K)

Listen to this guy

shut up you cocksucking shit stabber

Attached: 1510199535729.gif (500x251, 1.96M)

If I'm like across the street and see the light from welding, do I have to worry about it hurting my eyes? I always try to look away, but sometimes see it for a second or two

People always say “just join the union” when you are more likely to make the NBA than get in the fucking union.

He's not trying to pay down a $800,000 mortgage on $45 an hour, after federal, state and city taxes stole half his money, either.

It’s not that simple. Can I take my car to any repair shop if the auto shut off starts to act up? (Auto shut off is when I stop at a red light the engine shuts off for about two mins or until I lift my foot off the brake and it starts by the time my foot hits the acelatrator). I doubt any regular mechanic would be able to fix if or would want to. I would have to take it to the dealer.

That sucks I worked for one of the largest mechanical companies, we did wall street server farm going, towers for the city and the largest hospital network and yeah journeymen made 45 an hour apprentices for the first 6 months made 12 an hour, then 15, 1 year $18, 2 years 25, 3 years 35, and journeymen 45 keep in mind it could be 4 years but you have to past tests and I know some people who have 6 years in but only are on 3 year pay because they aren't good enough.

Honestly. I think our generation in general, Trade skills or college degrees (and I mean decent degrees) are just fucked because of the high cost of living/ student loans and all these other fucking bills we have to deal with now.
Hell, even the guys in the oil field are making good money but the COL in Midland/Odessa can be worse than living in CA and I mean the good parts of CA.
The only people I know making good money are the fucking Boomers I work with who still won't fucking retire and let us move up.

Ive got a great idea.
Move to the sun belt.
Work on HVAC smol buisness like.

> being so dumb as to not know the difference between an outlet and inlet
keep on trucking at mcdonalds, nigger.

>whats a good trade to get into? I live in Massachusetts.
ANY union is a gravy train in that state.
There's still going to be plenty of stuff that any regular bloke with regular tools can do. Also people who get very good and specialize will always be working and command premium rates.

Industrial controls

You're fine.

We're a right to work state anyway. Unions have no power here (and that's somewhat of a good thing) because unions are for leftists.

yes. the UV rays will burn you like a kike and your eyes will blister on the inside if you focus on the arc

Oh, you have aids now.

Thanks for the heads up

What is a computer systems tech? That’s a vague description.

Tell the story man.

Also, I’m sorry.

>Sun belt
Florida?

Do you truck?

Welder
>No, you're some schmuck who's in one of those places that advertise on TV to learn to weld.

Enjoy paying $20,000 to learn to weld, at a job that pays $40-50k a year.
>Dont go to one of these TV schools, find a company that hires and teaches you

Attached: 1537967951080.jpg (720x720, 47K)

I think part of this anxiety comes from getting hit in the head too much
cte is one hell of a thing, already even though I'm under 30 I feel a little foggy

Of you live in Manhattan ya. But most trades people live in the outer boroughs unless they have a rent controlled apt.

B/c I make more bossing you fucks around?

But you at school OP, can't say you in the trades until you land a job

Why become good at landscaping with the immigrant nurich chinks don't give a damn about weeds growing in the lawn?
Why learn to make cabinets when people will cheap out at ikea?
Why learn carpentry when Boomer cheapasses will hire illegal mexicans?
Why learn permaculture and organic farming when 90% of people don't give a damn about poisoning themselves?

etc

Still, I could never live there. Way too many jews and leftists. I would probably kill myself.

Millennial here, I do field work. Would consider it more gray collar, though, probably 80% of my job is in front of a windshield or laptop screen and isn't as physically demanding as most trades. Great pay/bennies too. Feels good, man.

Fuck. I’ve had flash burn before. It’s just like having a fist full of sand thrown into your eyes.

The onions prevents them from getting anything better than a feminine body. They literally can't work under pressure such as needing the strength that trades physically demand.

Basic all-around tech work. There's a little programming but my school has its own programming program. It's not the engineering technologist program since we don't go too too much into the science of it. There's a hardware, software and networking component and it's basically for aspring IT guys

I see what you mean. I’m alway the guy who has a warrantee anyways. I drop it at the dealer and say fix it bitch and give me a loaner.

If all the millennials got trade jobs your ass would be out of work and the pay would decline.

How are you this retarded?

Lazy bastards.
>t. studying for law school

See u in oxy acetlyne class tomorrow /b/ro