Did you have a good relationship with your father while growing up?

Did you have a good relationship with your father while growing up?
nybooks.com/articles/2018/10/11/male-trouble/

Attached: dad.jpg (1920x1305, 386K)

Raised by a single dad, 3 sibling... he ruled with an iron fist as a military fuck that was raised by a single mom.... I wouldn't trade it for being raised by a single mom. Mom lost custody when I was seven, didn't get to see her again until I was 27... when I was 38 I hit a fought patch, went to stay with her, and found out how wicked and disgusting thins woman was, made me respect my father more, and realised that he was fucked up from being raised by a single mom, not by seeing live combat.... So yes I am very close to him, I see home 3 time a week... I feel if I stop seeing him, he'll kick the bucket...

I have nightmares about him. So no.

nope, my dad was a jerk

I was in the backseat of our family car at only 1 years old when two guys beat my father to death with a baseball bat. My mother had drove to the tavern to pick him up. When he came outside they jumped him. Neither one served time.

workaholic

My dad was a good man and I love him but he was terrible at being a father. Everything he taught me could fit on a post-it note.

Yes ! Loved and idolized him. Still do! I guess I was very lucky.

No my mom randomly left him when I was a baby, moved to an entirely new state, burned coal and had two mudbabies. Now I harbor lots of anger and hate towards my piece of shit mother and my piece of shit nigger "brothers."

God who knows who I could have been and what I could have done in life.

How did you cope with your dad's death?

I'm sorry user.
I love my father and still talk to him every day

Datamining thread? Psychological profiles of 4channers? Hmmmm....

Yeah, my dad was awesome. He taught me about Hitler and how to Sieg Heil and how to make air-tight gas chambers with wooden doors.

Do you want his name and address, OP? I can give it to you. He's not ashamed of being a hardcore Nazi. He'll be glad to talk to you.

They threw the bat into the street and ran off. You chased after them, saw the bat, picked it up and vowed one day to beat them to death with the same bat that killed your father. You now stalk the streets at night, beating up random thugs as you hunt down your father's killers.
They call you...
Faggot

my dad is a meth head

right wing step dad since i was 6 (now 25). he was good in teaching me to hate communism and liberals but also way too patient. i only ever got chokeslammed by him once and it wasnt really warranted so the dominant father figure never existed for me. my mom bitched and complained while he sat there annoyed, rarely putting in effort to put her in her place.

my brother turned out fine with a successful job and gf thanks to his fathering but i ended up a wackjob

Definitely. Dad was awesome, taught me how to shoot, fiah, cook, canp, throw a frisbee and how to not take shit.

My Father died when I was almost 4 years old.

My Mother is a feminazi bitch who married a hippie a few years later.

They used to leave me and my younger brother home by ourselves when we were 11-15 years old in the summertime while they would vacation weeks at a time.

We lived in a neighborhood full of niggers and my brother and I were once chased by a pack of these feral beasts one summer day when our parents were out of town.

I went into my parents bedroom and grabbed my step-dad's .38 and chased them off. This is only one incident out of dozens that I had with these wild monkeys.

I wish I had the pic related in your post, OP.

I went on to do ok in my life on my own, but am wondering what it would have been like to even do one little thing for one moment, like help my dad wash his car.

Attached: Look At All The Feels.jpg (250x188, 11K)

this. My dad's a good man but worked too much to really be involved with my life. Thankfully I had a great stay-at-home mother as well.

Right so it's your dads fault you can’t get your shit together. Grow the fuck up, be a man, take responsibility for your own actions, and handle your business.

Your problems are created by you, not your father or anyone else.

Sounds awesome user.

My father was the best, but I never appreciated him because he worked two jobs my entire childhood.

Now that he's retired, I can honestly say he's my best friend. It's sad he wasn't there for me when I was younger--I could've been a better man. But it's all good now. I just hope he doesn't die on me.

I had just recently turned 18, living at home with younger sisters and bro still. Parents where going through some shit always fighting, I never fully understood it. But dad had a drinking and gambling problem.

Sunday night they fight and argue real bad. Seemed worse than normal. Monday morning we all go to school. I come home around 2:30ish, front door not fully shut. Open door, calling for mom to tell her I’m home. There’s no answer. Walk into the basement. Blood is all over the floor and walls

Mom is laying in pool of blood hand on neck eyes wide open. She’s dead. I go into shock, my whole body is numb. Siblings will be home soon, what do I do? I call 911 report that mom is dead and walk outside and sit on front porch

Cops and ambulance arrive in seconds. I lived in a town house complex, they basically roped off the entire street as a crime scene. I get questioned and interrogated for hours. They find a kitchen knife in the yard in a bush. Dad never came home. No idea where he is. Can’t reach him.

Cops find him 2 days later sleeping in his truck behind some convenience store in a run down part of town. Apparently he was black out drunk

Turns out he throught my mom had been cheating on him and he stabbed her to death in the basement

I had to clean mom’s blood from basement with friends help. Dad gets life in prison. I inherit the townhouse and raise my siblings. Haven’t talked to him since that Sunday before the incident.

I’m 39 now, seems like a lifetime ago and almost as if it never really happened.

Attached: 177F3885-DECD-4533-99D6-DD0E2DB13926.jpg (1085x1300, 72K)

That man probably KILLED people of Japanese descent WILLINGLY and GLADLY. Not to mention that he supported and BENEFITED from the white male patriarchy. He is no hero and should never be celebrated.

Attached: 1536457608780.png (750x807, 739K)

Not really. He worked weird split-day hours mostly so I didn't see much of him before or after school. He would come home for dinner then have to go back to work. He wasn't much of a parent even when he was around. He was a "sports guy" and I wasn't so we didn't really connect on anything. He died in '03 and I didn't really feel much of anything after the initial shock. Still don't think about him much.

Yea, he is great.
We get on each others nerves sometimes (as family is want to do) but over all fantastic relationship. In fact I have given up a lot to be able to spend more time with my parents as they age, they will not be here forever.

Damn it, I'm getting feels over here. We can change the title if you want. What a good sport
Tragic loss of a father figure seems to draw people to this board, it's like American History X

Mods do your fucking job and erase this cancer

My dad was a hippy who worked 60 hours week with two jobs (one at a bar) and my mom was mentally ill psychotic, so no.

Yes my dad was older..he was 43 when I was born.. I revered him.. He was a great man and provided a good home for us. He was loved by all who knew him. He's been gone for 33 years.

Stay strong user

Attached: 1517142385361_20180127_022150s.jpg (962x962, 329K)

Died when I was 10, I remember a little bit. He was a good man

My father is a selfish piece of shit--and blames me for being a shitty man for "not growing up with a father"...I wanted to fucken kill him for saying that.

I worship my father

More nog stories user

grew up without a father and now I'm a trap. can confirm fatherless families suck.

No. He drank too much for that.

Good up until I was about 5-6
I feared him until I was about 12
My mom died when I was 13 and I basically just raised myself after that.
He was there physically just not emotionally.

Don't need mods to delete shit you don't agree with. just say kys fag 10/10 would kill japs and move on

Forgive your father for not being right by you and you'll be freed.

Just like you can't control yourself, your father couldn't control himself either. Forgive him and Apologize to him for being angry at him. And you'll be saved.

Attached: twYdQqKz_400x400[1].jpg (400x400, 23K)

Great relationship with daddo. He was a bit of a pushover with mom though. And then he committed suicide when I was 17. So I kinda hate him for doing that.

Forgive him man. Your father couldn't stop himself. He was in a fallen state.

>father
who?

No!... you are all there... you just got to put the pieces together

Same here. Dad was airborne, Ranger. Taught me good stuff.
Not sure what I'm doing here.
Just kidding.
No, I'm not.
He couldn't help that I'm a sperg I suppose.

Lol, fuck no, modern day western fathers are basically just black fathers, once they see that raising kids is hard they bail out.
Fatherless losers unite I guess?

Attached: 0B08F108-FF27-412A-A683-5370AB57B711.jpg (453x500, 44K)

You're a tv nigger... rerun another dexter episode you fucking smoked cunt

When you have kids, you'll appreciate it him... enjoy it now.. until you realize the sacrifice

My dad drinks and has narcissistic traits. My mom is also crazy.

It probably is for that dude yeah, terrible parenting produces terribly inept people, you act like you don’t know that by now, are yoy an NPC?
Not that you can’t get your shit together, everyone on Jow Forums is probably already redpilled to a degree about personal responsibility.

Attached: 436F96DD-CA1A-4EF9-9239-42AA5EE813CF.png (499x500, 233K)

Fag

Men are not emotional

Once you finally escape the emotiona shinanigans...you'll finally be a man..like your father

Fag

JLP...he's on to something.... God made him black, as a test, so only true men could see, or purse the truth.

I thought what turned out to be my stepfather (a psychologically abusive, major alcoholic) was my biological father until I was 9. I was only told cause he'd threatened my mom that he was going to tell me, so she did it first.
I didn't meet my biological father until I was 13. I only did because my mother was suing him for child support, and previous to that she spent a while conditioning me to hate him. Told me that he talked his way into her vag by telling her virgins couldn't get pregnant, then dumped her the next day for "not being experienced enough". That he'd had all of his buddies go around saying they'd all fucked her around the same time to avoid being clearly pegged as the father (this was before DNA testing, but I was young & stupid anyway, so just took it all at face value). So she didn't pursue the support previously as she didn't want him to have any contact with me, and she said he'd never tried.
I was a really shitty, faggoty, liberal as fuck kid, and he was more or less disgusted with me, but tried to do what he could to teach & enlighten me, all of which I rejected (he lacked social graces & had no other kids, so was largely lost on the hows anyway). Died when I was around 21.
Late 20's I started to "wake up", more or less; came to find out around that time as well that my mom had lied about pretty much everything, she'd had an abortion before getting pregnant with me, she'd gotten pregnant from some glue huffing degenerate & was worried it'd be retarded (at least that was her personal spin, as she'd have been out on the street at 15 if her father knew).
So basically 1 completely worthless father figure & a real father that might have been able to do me some good had circumstances been entirely different & my mom wasn't an absolute cunt.

You’re doing something wrong if you’re not emtional at all.
People have emotions for a specific evolutionary reason, just do what you have to do in order or get over them if they’re getting in your way, fuck a whore or cry yourself to sleep at night, whatever works for tou.

Based

My relationship with Dad was quite the rollercoaster.
>At first he was some deadbeat college dude who barely scraped by studying and working nighshifts as a guard.
>My mom separated from him and had custody of me, so I was "raised by a single mom" (In air quotes 'cause she just threw me at my grandparents while she went to work overseas and called/went to visit me every once in a while)
>Only got to see my dad during vacations. Pretty chill but unemployed and visibly unambitious. He still taught me how to defend myself, which was a valuable skill for me, as I used to get bullied a lot.
>Grew bitter at the fact that my parents were separated while other kids had traditional families and shit.
>Mom took every chance to turn me against my dad by telling me bad shit he demonstrably never did. At the time I believed her and resented him.
>I finally lived in the same house as her once she got some canadian guy locked down with a kid. Got to have him as my stepfather.
>No complaints about him. He taught me how to cease my teenager bitchthink, putting emotions and bullshit above logic and reason.
>Mom was a hysterical bitch who got angry over the smallest things and often compared me to Dad in a derogatory way.
>Dad came to visit me during his vacation and spent some quality time catching up. I came to the revelation that my mom was full of shit.
>Go back to my country with Dad and live with him. We get along nicely and we rarely fight, as we're pretty like-minded other than the fact that he's purple-pilled.
>Mom divorce-rapes my stepdad and takes my stepbrother with her. And of course, she threw him at my grandparents so they would raise him in her stead. I feel sad for both my stepdad and lil' stepbro. She completely fucked their opportunity to have a traditional family. Needless to say, I seethed in anger.
Continued...

>ftw when mom and dad says they are proud of you and your accomplishments
>tfw your father shakes your hand as you go off to the city to work at your fortune 500 company, beaming with a big smile knowing that he was able to raise a self sufficient son

good feels man

Yes, he provided for me, never treated me poorly, never let the family down with drinking/drug use, and supported me in the activities I did. His only flaw is the same flaw in a lot of white fathers these days - didn't really teach me how to be stand up for myself, be confident, and have pride so I learned those things myself.

You're asking if a bunch of self-hating schizoids who's every post is essentially projecting blame, had a good relationship with their father?

Attached: gay.jpg (430x322, 30K)

I read a poem once, something like this:
- when I was 5 my dad was the smartest guy in the world
- when I was 10 my dad was really smart but was wrong every now and then
- when I was 15 my dad was pretty stupid for the most part
- when I was 20 my dad was a complete fucking moron
- when I was 25 my dad was right once in a while
- when I was 30 my dad knows a lot about life
- when I was 35 my dad was the smartest guy in the world

Dad is based and redpilled on almost everything from Jews to ww2 to common people, but when I was eight he was arrested for accessory to murder and sentenced 15 to life, I primarily lived with my mom so I wasn't there when it all went down

>Mom tried the same old trick of telling me shit about my stepdad so I would side with her, but saw right through her bullshit and knew she wanted to hook up with another guillible betabucks to divorce-rape.
>I inform of this to Dad, and how it correlates with my previous knowledge of all women being thots. He holds on to his last shreds of purple/blue-pilldery by stating #NotAllWomenAreLikeThat, using his sister as an example.
>Literally the next month, Aunt cheats on her husband and gets pregnant with an incest baby from his cousin.
>Watch Dad go through the whole grief cycle until he finally concedes that I was right. He gets redpilled.
>Since then, he started getting in shape, acquiring new fields of expertise and being overall more succesful in life, while rejecting thots due to the legal situation in western countries.
>Be there to witness his character development, and how it reflects back to me.
He's based. I respect him a lot.