Pipe Great Lakes water to Phoenix? It's likely, NASA scientist says

Hand it over, lakies:

>States surrounding the Great Lakes have a recurring nightmare about proposals to siphon off water for parched areas in U.S. or other countries. So they might be staggered by suggestions from NASA scientist Jay Famiglietti, who said a water pipeline from the lakes to cities like Phoenix was "part of our future.”

>Famiglietti, a hydrologist and senior water scientist at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, was in Cleveland recently for a lecture. In the interview with Ideas, he said that "from a quantity perspective you might imagine that there’s a giant bullseye that can be seen from space that’s sitting above the Great Lakes. Meaning: It’s a target area in a sense for the rest of the country.

>"Because there’s so much fresh water, you can imagine that 50 years from now ... there might actually be a pipeline that brings water from the Great Lakes to Phoenix. I think that’s part of our future.” Famiglietti said such initiatives are needed to address a global water shortage.

>States surrounding the Great Lakes have jealously guarded the vast water resource. After all, the lakes hold 20 percent of the world's fresh water, and those states (and the government of Canada) realize the value in a world that is increasingly faced with shortages.

greatlakestoday.org/post/pipe-great-lakes-water-phoenix-its-likely-nasa-scientist-says

Attached: Great Lakes.jpg (2100x1701, 629K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cbSkRS8Ih7o
glerl.noaa.gov/seagrant/GLWL/Fish/lamprey/lamprey.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This will never happen. You'll see an insurgency develop that would be 100X worse than Iraq in the Midwest.

Fuck you. Great Lake's are Michigan watery clay.

And we have a lot of Finns here who really like nature. Molon labe the Great Lakes, you thirsty bitches.

Attached: SuperManlet.jpg (500x719, 123K)

Sounds like a good plan

Dont touch the lakes. Final warning

Maybe don't live in the fucking desert you dipshits.

Stuff like this has been an idea for at least a century now.

Mulholland and others imagined an aqueduct from the Columbia River in the northwest all the way to SoCal.

They are actively exploring tapping the Missouri River near Yankton or Omaha to pipe it just west of Denver to add more water to the Colorado River.

Eventually we are going to reach a point in this country where population growth is unsustainable, water availability in the Western US is one reason why.

Even if completed and operational they are temporary, use a lot of energy and will generate an unimaginable amount of pollution every year pumping water up elevations.

We have desalination technology how the fuck we still running low on fresh water.

youtube.com/watch?v=cbSkRS8Ih7o

Daily reminder that every drop of water in the Great Lakes belongs to Michigan. Enjoy the heat sand niggers of the south west.

Attached: PepeMichigan.png (600x550, 45K)

lake superior is beautiful

Why do people continue to act as if terraforming vast sections of the Earth are good ideas? The same people who cry about global warming because of Trump are the same people who support this shit.

Once twenty million illegal beaner shitskin criminals are sent back to their shithole countries there will be plenty of water for Americans without the need for any pipeline.

Attached: vlcsnap-8627-03-22-00h23m06s715.png (853x480, 558K)

>siphon off the great lakes so some faggot retiree boomer can water their golf courses in the middle of a god damn desert
fuck off and die, desert cunts. leave your fucking hellhole and live somewhere reasonable

Ohio can have Lake Erie. Fuck that noise. Superior, Michigan Huron and St. Clair are ours, though.

Your fellow Americans need water. You guys have water. Thankfully, we're all proud members of the same nation, and sharing is caring. I look forward to those water deliveries, lakie.

DRAIN THOSE LAKES!

This. Move back East where the fucking water is.

not cost effective to run, because (((profit))) is all that matters, not long term sustainability

over my cold dead body you fucking greedy cunts

>Twenty million
Not enough. I want like 50 million deported.

h'haaaaaaaaaa

Because faggot shitlibs are afraid of nuclear energy.

michigander here, it will never happen.

You wanna live in the fucking desert like a dipshit you find your own water damn it

Never

Attached: 1413165599602.jpg (400x302, 32K)

>Your fellow Americans need water. You guys have water. Thankfully, we're all proud members of the same nation, and sharing is caring. I look forward to those water deliveries, lakie.
lol stay thirsty, user, cause it aint never going to happen.

they touch multiple states so the feds will take control

Iowa Is willing to trade the entirety of our Minnesota territory to Michigan for water supplies if our aquifer runs out

>lake superior is beautiful
indeed.

i say we revamp all the dying/dead malls into a concentration camp

>Iowa Is willing to trade the entirety of our Minnesota territory to Michigan for water supplies if our aquifer runs out
never. keep your waterless pos land.

To be fair they have 10,000 lakes. It's just impractical to pipe water from that many different sources

Bitch, I need my Mackinaw Island Regatta more than I need you to water your fucking desert rocks.

Fuck off. You do not want to fuck with the Great Lakes States; we all hunt and have angle grinders.

so much, this. we're not fucking up the planet so idiots can live in a desert
>"We have deserts in America - we just don't live in them ASSHOLE!!!" - the poet Sam Kinison

Not sure what the issue is. Billions of gallons flow out of the St Lawrence and mix into the ocean thus becoming unusable brine water. I guess as long as you were to take less than the outflow the lake would never even lose water.

great lakes are sinking by a few more feet every year

hello fellow island bro
cheers from mackinac island

another busy day at the office mr. berg/stein/man/witz/ski?
weather could be a litter better eh?

Wouldn't it make more sense to get water from the Pacific northwest?

If you lakies were so damn concerned about your water why do you let the Nestle Company steal so much of it from you?

Someone please answer this.

Part of the North American Water Diversion Project, which involves replumbing virtually all of North America's rivers.

those contracts concern specific aquifers, and it's a source of local jobs

I'm all ears michiganders, UPers, leafs? Anyone?

Arizonan here
calicucks are despised by the entirety of the union so they pretend that Phoenicians want the Great Lakes water as a cover
Arizona has Jr water rights to the Colorado river (california has Sr rights), yet we still get by just fine due to our actually competent water management.
Arizonans understand the need to preserve natural beauty, whereas calicucks believe we should drain the beautiful Great Lakes so that they can grow more fucking avocados.
>why isnt everyone responding to me within a minute
calicuck spotted

Attached: az spurdo.png (853x700, 295K)

Nestle should be destroyed for the good of everyone.

Siphons (really big ones) and hydropower will do the uphill work.

We just sold them the Fracked Groundwater, not the Lakes.

>UPers
*Yoopers. It's spelled Yoopers.

No, we're going to take Canada's water.

Thank you for the prompt response leaf, however the Nestle Company is taking more then they should. Weren't they busted a few years back for pumping more then allowed?

>global water shortages
>71% of the Earth’s surface is covered with water
Anybody who truly believes that ocean salinity is some sort of massive barrier that cannot easily be overcome needs the immediately be gassed to death

The only lake water you losers are getting is if you start enjoying the juicy taste of dredged quagga mussels you degenerate cretins
Don't touch my lakes

>pipe all the resources to a sanctuary state

I bet this is one of the same scientist douche's who is for sure 100% that global warming is real but we should definitely waste time, energy, and resources pumping that sweetwater across the country to retards who choose to live in a fucking desert. As a resident I reply with a hearty fuck you dummies.

Here's a better idea, take your dusty dry ass back to Mexico and bring your spic friends with you. Arizona, New Mexico, and Southern California are literally uninhabitable burning wastelands.

Is that so? Make no logical sense but you're the northern I'll take your word for it.

In Denmark, Lemprey is a delicacy. I support Lamprey Fishing Vessels through the Eisenhower Locks.

The problem is cost and volume.

I'll personally sabotage the pipeline. and I won't be the only one.

Attached: Ohio flag bearer.png (477x719, 253K)

God damn right.

>Your fellow Americans need water. You guys have water.
Fuck that
You fucks already have the Colorado river being run DRY, so you can have green lawns in the FUCKING desert.
No one told you crazy fucks to live in a desert. Either figure out how to make it not a desert (possible). Or start desalinating that saltwater nearby.

If this pipeline was even attempted we would have the great lakes disappear
So some cali celeb or Hank Hill in Texas can go "MUH LAWN"

>Pic related
>You fucks looking for water

Attached: Syriana_bob_barnes.jpg (240x320, 30K)

DUST EATERS CANT HAVE IT
TUEBOR

>> niggers siphoning water from pipeline, mad max style
> securing California for year to come
NO ty

Is it true the Danes use lamprey skins as condoms?

My homie lives in flint and talks about the problems they have with water all the time up there. Apparently it's a really hotbutton issue.

I've never seen a lamprey myself, just the marks they leave on occasion.
There are native species besides the invasive Seas though
glerl.noaa.gov/seagrant/GLWL/Fish/lamprey/lamprey.html

The Muslims invented the lamb skin condom and the English improved it by removing it from the lamb first.

That’s not a problem, that’s an excuse. We’ve seen them use their excuse since time immemorial. When I was a kid that used to say the fracking will never happen because of cost and consuming more energy than extracted.

You fools need to stop being submissive and obedient to jewish lies. jews are authorities on nothing.

Only the democrat party could have a UN petitioning water crisis in the great lakes region

>States surrounding the Great Lakes have jealously guarded the vast water resource.
>jealously guarded
>jealously
What?

they should be gassed too

If I remember correctly, that was from a lake in California.

Fuck off desert nigger I will fight to the death to protect my water

Attached: 6A675AB6-897A-48FE-8FB1-50E04008F7E4.jpg (378x396, 33K)

Thats a boomer joke lol.

Based

I'll fuckin blow up the pipeline

Good luck

T. Michigander

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

>Even if completed and operational they are temporary, use a lot of energy and will generate an unimaginable amount of pollution every year pumping water up elevations.
if the fucking romans could do it...

This, I'm not even from the Midwest and the desertfags piss me off. You literally picked the most inhospitable environment to live in and demand to have cities identical to the East Coast.

carlysle group has been buying water rights in montana for a while. pretty sketchy

Honestly this. Phoenix and LA are shit city locations, and they shouldn't exist.

I will literally suicide bomb a pipeline before I let one drop of our lakes be stolen by West Coast liberals

no, how about you faggots stop trying to have golf courses and acres of lawn in the desert.

mfw yellowstone finall blows, california falls into the sea, and arizona is suddenly coastal

problem mostly solved, just shoot the boomers and bulldoze their precious golf courses

maybe building bustling metropolitan areas in the middle of a desert was a bad idea. stop moving there retards, and get fucked

We've already got a big company coming to take our stamp sand. Desertfags fuck off

U (You) P (P) Yoop-er.

Don't worry, if my secessionist movement has our way, you'll be calling us "Uusi Suomi" soon and we'll be allowed to execute anyone who pronounces "Sauna" as "Saw-nuh" for espionage.

Reminder that Michiganders would literally go to war to protect our lake clay

Attached: Michigander.png (833x799, 127K)

>yfw there's just enough warning for all of them to flood into the rust belt en masse before it happens

Attached: 1344833328826.png (225x225, 2K)

Stop being greedy kikes and give them your water, michifags

I guarantee you people in Michigan would go into an all out civil war over the lakes being pumped out. People in Michigan are not too fond of Ohio but would probably ally with Ohio and Illinois against this. You would see an insurgency like nothing the world has ever seen since the Revolution. Think of all the insurgency since WWII and multiply it by 1000x. UN can fuck right off and ride a shit tornado to Oz.

We have a fleet of 13 Nimitz-class sized freighters. If we give away our water, what the fuck are the Thousand Footers gonna float on?

>northern illinois fag here who has spent his whole life camping and touring around the lakes
can confirm

I will handover the water when Arizona agrees to take our niggers. Until then you can dry up and blow away for all I care.

God I fucking hate California.

Attached: stay-in-oakland-jewess-mayor-begs-people-and-businesses-to-not-flee-california-shithole.jpg (534x401, 32K)

They couldn’t do it are you retarded? Gravity did all the work for the Romans.

I hear scrap metal prices are up

nope Chinese own that water

"The March to Atlanta" wouldn't have shit on the "Sight Seeing and Razing Tour to Phoenix" we would make.