Politics in videogames

Thread about political content surrounding videogames to not shit up /v/.

Attached: vases of funny jokes and revisionist history.jpg (1024x576, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/IdB3m
youtube.com/watch?v=bq-HTglRTF8
youtube.com/watch?v=lTWtIm79QEM
cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/assassins-creed-discovery-tour-teaching-tool-1.4566553
youtu.be/2fAW95goNW4?t=1633
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They phrased it in a really faggy way but I can't fault what they're actually saying. I assume thats from Assassins Creed or some shit and it's by no means historically accurate anyway so let them change shit if they want. Now if it was an actual game that marketed itself on how well it represents actual history that would be something worth criticizing. As it is a game made for faggots by faggots made a retarded faggoty change, who gives a fuck

/v/tard here
thank you for being more considerate and eloquent than 99% of my board in the current era.

and thank you for using the appropriate memeflag so we know you're from /v/

>it's not important to tell the truth if we disagree with it

Attached: disgusted.jpg (800x450, 41K)

A reasonable post

Attached: 1466249264878.png (475x354, 292K)

Am I reading that right? It was a museum that put that out?

I find it more miserable that they even bothered to give excuse. Just do it with your shit game if you will, don't market it like you are some kind of hero for doing it.

I agree. I don't know the context of that vase, I assume it's a collectible but I doubt too many players look at it and come to the conclusion "oh, both genders are represented here." It's good that it's nwow possible to play as a woman or man, it doesn't hurt anyone but this reeks once again of virtue signaling.

>both genders
off to gulag

The Assassin's Creed that takes place during US history (you start off on a boat) list Jesus as a famous carpenter that people follow. You can see it when you look at the description of one of the churches.

I will bet you this is from a franchise that didn't used to be like that.

These marxists don't create, they only hijack, and drive the project into ruin.

Attached: please reconsider.png (824x720, 430K)

Intellectual games like strategy games from 90s and early 2000s had a lot of politics in them, but in a different way. Quotes from a lot of great leaders like Mussolini and Hitler and references to heavy theoretical books (sim city series have 2-3 pages of references to books and further reading going to books about building empire and cities etc)
Now they just push some weird corporate ideology where everything is dumbed down and censored to fit their idea of a perfect world where we goyim dont even think.

I've also noticed that tons of video games remove crosses from churches. Especially games from Bethesda.

Isn't the game about collecting literal pieces of the garden of Eden and the Knights Templar are an actual secret society?

Wow. I was gonna buy that game today. Never fucking mind.

Yeah, I didn't mind the political crap in most of their games, but they make it very obvious. Assassin's Creed Syndicate in London, has some random black NPCs that are dresses like anglos (although it's rare). There's also a place where two men are making out on the map, I ran into them while climbing buildings.

To be fair, they also have one that takes place in Turkey, and you can kill Muslims. Although they excluded the fact that a lot of mosques were originally churches. I knew some were churches because of the usage of byzantine christian architecture (any mosque with flying buttresses is 100% a converted church).

I like how they don't mention the students were raped regularly, or maybe it's not rape since it was consensual by standards of that time? Like trading education favors with giving up ass as payment, which means nothing much has changed i guess.

>70 dollars
>it got wow style hitpoints
>follow the yellow strip line to your next objective
>"hint: you can click X to interact."
>evil templar knights
>hihi we have actually made a copy of our dev studio which you can walk around in.
>look there's my desk
>so many cool animations, you only need to stagger your enemy three times to kill him
>we have actually improved the story a lot

Attached: 1538591357801.jpg (640x548, 103K)

Just buy Japanese games if you want good entertainment without shoehorned political messages. Western gaming died around gamersgate time where it was so obvious what was expected of devs to get a positive reviews.

This picture is actually okay.
They have confirmed that it is historically inaccurate (i.e. lies).

My humble compilation of images describing the absolute state of gaming industry. It has SJW revisionism, microtransactions, feminism etc.. I keep it updated from time to time
imgur.com/a/IdB3m

Attached: Big boy.jpg (534x602, 55K)

Assrape is literally more pleasant than the modern American public education system, which is genuinely torture

>making a /v/ thread on Jow Forums
>fag flag
Yeah you're a faggot dude

Attached: 1495046122872.jpg (248x244, 27K)

Spider man is gay as fuck I am sick playing this shit. Inter racial couples, gay pride flags, making me play as a mulatto and a roastie.

>who cares if kids grow up with a rewritten history
Yeah who cares. Who cares when they Europe was always black. Who cares when they say the US was founded by blacks. Who cares when they say Australia was always part of China. Who cares.

Fuck off fag

Attached: 318D2C38-A031-4ADE-AB74-A343CAF513C5.png (470x647, 317K)

doing gods work

there's already a thread on /v/ and it's an absolute shit show

>it's possible to shit up /v/ even more

Attached: 02140545678432451.jpg (800x450, 26K)

Attached: 1538060250140.webm (1280x720, 1.44M)

This; the pic in the OP is the definition of virtue signaling.

That subtle "both genders"

Yeah I know, I came here from the link in that thread since I stopped coming here in 2016. And the political threads on /v/ always get a large amount of discussion even when most of it is telling people to go back to Jow Forums

my laugh has been activated

If your game has motherfucking Art History lectures in it - Ministry-of-Truthed or not - it's not a "game" in the first place.

Attached: dickwashers.jpg (480x360, 35K)

But the whole point of virtue signalling is to get public recognition for how Good of a person you are.

>a jug is gameplay

Attached: 1535399879197.gif (294x300, 2.47M)

Yeah, I don't really have a problem with mentally ill faggots having their own shitty games to play. It's an Ubisoft game that's not Rayman so who gives a fuck? Let the trannies have the scraps for all I care. Better to pick your battles with video games because it's easy to lose when you're arguing for historical accuracy in a game where a guy goes into a brain machine to relive the lives of his ancestors or whatever gay shit.

>not necessary to prioritize historical sexism over inclusive gameplay.
This has been a recurring theme in the gaming industry lately.

Attached: WE.jpg (535x388, 36K)

lol Ubisoft is cucked beyond belief

youtube.com/watch?v=bq-HTglRTF8
youtube.com/watch?v=lTWtIm79QEM

Don't let your kids learn history from videogames dumbfuck.

WUZ

kids are constantly learning, and propaganda from the video jew will taint them even if you've taught them otherwise.

pretty much this
be open about what's alt-history and it's just fiction, it's when they scream about THIS IS HOW IT REALLY WAS GUYS it's retarded and manipulative.
big difference between "we chose to be ahistorical" and "there were really black amputee trans nazis goys"

Any game made by Califaggots is cancerous.

Attached: trannygamers.jpg (1600x900, 340K)

literally all video games are military propaganda- align crosshairs to target.

BANNED

I don't disagree, but you have to fucking realize it's being used as a political propaganda tool.

It has an indoctrinating effect.

They're being upfront about them changing it because they're left wing virtue signallers who place being politically correct above actual historical accuracy. That's a lot better than things like Battlefield which just make half the German WW1 army niggers without any comment on it at all.

Yes it's being used as a political propaganda tool, but other developers use far more subversive methods which are more important to identify. Ubisoft are doing you a favor by acknowledging their faggotry in the game.

Thanks man, can you please also include a list of games that are mentioned in the album at the top? Helps to kinda just check that to see straight away if some shitty game is SJW or not

>imgur.com/a/IdB3m
Can't use the download album link, pure cohencidence I'm sure.

Mario Card...

KANGZ

Attached: WUZ.webm (1282x404, 1.02M)

When will the Progressive Left tackle hip-hop, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1537020953720.jpg (451x451, 29K)

shouldn't you be picking up your kids from soccer practice and asking for someones manager on biblecamp?

Watched the first part yesterday. That leak is a company slayer.

They’re fucked.

Speaking of which, kind of a reoccurring theme lately, eh? Bunch of SJWs infiltrate a company or a project, start doing some seriously derranged shit, a failed game here, a leak there, an inflammatory tweet or two over there, an anti white casting call right about here and befoFUCKING BANG FUCK OH NO

They accidentally the whole thing.

This is corporate espionage in action. There’s some sort of intercompany war going on and the smart organizations got wise to a new method via the Bioware ME3 diaper fire. SJWs and forced diversity kills companies and projects while simultaneously managing to alienate their primary target markets in the process. It’s amazing. They crash with no survivors and they do this WHEN THEY’RE TRYING TO SUCCEED.

Imagine what they could do if they were trying to destroy a company from the onset. That’s Ubi right now.

Shit needs to be investigated. This isn’t just a video game issue.

It's not about individual games or companies, but the whole indoctination/revisionism trend in the whole industry. AAA, indies, "journalism", etc..

Being up front doesn't make it less indoctrinating though.
Maybe to more redpilled people like us, but this is a normie game and normies wont see it for what it is unless they literally state "we are indoctrinating you"

It's a silly subversive technique in and of itself to be upfront, because they know alot of people are starting to see this shit with the whole global political scene.

Yes, it doesn’t look like crosshairs but you’re still aligning pixels to target, meeting points with angles.

>both genders
>both
>implying there are only 2 genders
IM TRIGGERED

I’m playing a video game right now flaggot. Know your enemy and all that.

Except assassins creed is being used to teach history here in leafland... so it does matter
cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/assassins-creed-discovery-tour-teaching-tool-1.4566553

Imgur is a bitch. I was forced to change my email to Google, to be able to continue upload images or even create new albums

yeah i'm gonna shoot up afghanistan now from planting all those flowers in animalcrossing you crazy tinfoil goofball

>implying the other thing media isn't used for is globalism
>exactly what's shown in animal crossing through animals

>Now if it was an actual game that marketed itself on how well it represents actual history that would be something worth criticizing.
no one actually bothers to "get the real story" about history after playing a videogame you fucking retard. never doubt the stupidity of children to take what you tell them as facts, because that's an in-built system intended for them to learn.

the problem is that *someone* thought it was a problem in the first fucking place that a culture 2k+ years ago didn't do something we do, so OBVIOUSLY the modern representation of facts has to be ADJUSTED to suit our sensibilities.
know who also did this shit? VIctorian era England. All that shit about medieval knights romancing princesses and garbage?
Victoria era English bullshit that never fucking happened.
AND WE STILL HAVE THE FUCKING SHINING KNIGHT MEME TODAY

IT IS FUCKING HISTORY
IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO CHANGE
IT IS NOT A FUCKING PROBLEM THAT YOU NEED TO SOLVE
IT SOLVED ITSELF CENTURIES AGO, BY EVERYONE DYING OF OLD AGE

if an ancient greek potter was transported to the future and found out that one of his masterworks was defaced by having a girl painted on it to be "inclusive" he'd probably fucking kill you.

You’ll follow the rules like a good little drone.

>game that has literally no rules and win/failstate

This is reaching levels of orange man bad that shouldn't even be possible

Attached: aaaaa.jpg (355x424, 28K)

Okay meme flag, I had to look up your gay little game, everything in it requires aligning to a target.

Yeah, but most of history is made up anyway. In a field that's 90% inferences and story telling, there's room to let a few things go.

I dislike how they replace the word "accuracy" with sexism. I like the look of this Assassins Creed game but I think it should be its own stand alone title. One of the best things about the series is, while not entirely it accurate, it did have a lot of historical information to read about, plus maps and recreated buildings and such. This new game is giving us a cartoon greece, not quite as cartoony as Prince of Persia's Persia but still. Again I don't disagree with it but I'd rather they not drop the previous standards just so they could inclusively exclude everyone from a more accurate view of history.

> literally being a 1984-tier historical revisionist
Lmao@urlife

one makes you forget
the other outright states being incorrect

>there's room to let a few things go

>but most of history is made up anyway

>9/11
>vietnam
>JFK
>gamergate
>the holocaust

there's only one correct way to describe history, which is mine and mine alone, and has nothing to do with physical evidence

Attached: Thunk.png (225x225, 4K)

Is that the new life is strange? I'll be sure to show my friend so he doesn't buy it hopefully.

just buy this instead of these fag games

Attached: Fist-of-the-North-Star-Lost-Paradise_06-11-18.jpg (600x338, 224K)

>the other outright states being incorrect
In some behind-the-scenes supplemental appendix content that 99% of players won't see?

Currently playing on hard. Played a bit too much and my hand feels like its gonna fall off since I wanna hit every tatata.

Pretty accurate depiction of hysterical unprofessional trigger happy american cop, desu.

Attached: DoH9njdWkAQAWP-.jpg (1200x675, 46K)

>that pic

Noooooo waaay? That's also from the same game? Jeez Louise.

i fucking hope ubisoft shutters, what a bunch of fucking dip shits

yep, they sipped the AIDS, and now they've lost my respect and therefore money

never played, but probably

you can take the fine print argument in both ways. It's both poor indoctrination and poor accurate education.
You could reversebluff tinfoil hat it as a lightningconductor from criticism to lowkey manipulate the masses, but I still applaud outright stating what liberties were taken in historical accuracy. (even if it's mostly virtuesignaling)

Big Gaming has been comped. Sims and small devs only from now on

>mussolini
>hitler
>great leaders
Cringe

Attached: 1523833885221.jpg (605x685, 77K)

This is clearly a behind the scenes developers notes kind of deal. This isn't a publicity campaign

Attached: 1535591536897.jpg (1282x1441, 350K)

I can actually believe Soiros meets the chief dev in an abandoned building with a suitcase, at this point nothing would surprise me.

Attached: gman.jpg (259x194, 9K)

bunch of fags

Attached: 1534583865553.jpg (470x470, 168K)

Can i have a source? I need confirmation for my cringe compilation.

Assassin's Creed Origins, the same as OP.

youtu.be/2fAW95goNW4?t=1633
found it

historical revisionism is progressive

>Apathy
Yeah, this never goes well.

Attached: 1538623874717.png (1228x1150, 191K)

inclusivity = the art of trying to please everyone at once, and ultimately satisfying no one

At least they admitted it so we can all laugh at their idoicy.

That was enlighting as I don't follow videogames much nowadays.
Had a good laugh at Daniel Vávra's replies and btw, what forum are those from with the trigger-happy mods?

Attached: V2ggEou.jpg (993x9000, 1.15M)

Lol women think cops are this insane