Prepare for the happening

You guys have me convinced this shit is getting crazy. I theres going to be riots in the street and i want to be safe.

Im a poor and have about $500 to spare. Should i get an AR15 before shit hits the fan? Or am i being paranoid and should put that money elsewhere?

Attached: 1538635577469m.jpg (1024x619, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

armslist.com
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danziger_Bridge_shootings
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get a luger

if you are serious about just self defense, buy a Glock 23 and lock your doors when stuff starts going sideways.

If someone tries to get in, defend yourself.

You don't need an AR-15, if this goes full on civil war, there will be plenty of them to spare and they'll be handing them out to willing defenders of the Republic for nothing.

Get a mini Ruger 14 and learn how to use the tool correctly before going for big boy guns. Or would you go straight to buy a jackhammer if you never used a hammer? Also

Hmmm

Attached: 1401255169167.jpg (688x456, 43K)

>$500
>AR-15

user, buy something cheaper and get a load of ammo with the excess. Rather have a crappy gun which you can use (because you have put loads of rounds through it) than an awesome gun that you cant (because you spent all your money on the gun)

>mini 14
>ar 15
>difference
Yeah big ol iron ar 15 lol

My ar cost 500, 700 with a red dot

What else could you with 500,

Considering how cheap they are there is no reason most Americans can't be well armed. Even unemployed and people living broken lives should be able to get something.

Exactly. So if you have $500 to spend, dont spend it all on the gun.

Get a fucking Sks

Fuck off

>You don't need an AR-15, if this goes full on civil war, there will be plenty of them to spare and they'll be handing them out to willing defenders of the Republic for nothing.
This. Go buy a dicksuck instead.

Do you stupid retards know there are other boards other than Jow Forums??????? Fucking use the correct one you faggot or just go back to >>>/reddit/. $500 AR is definitely doable. Stop talking about things you know nothing of. Go back to >>>/facebook/

Nah

No get an AR. You’ll need ammo too.

>$500 AR is definitely doable. Stop talking about things you know nothing of. Go back to >>>/facebook/
>being this illiterate

Re-read my post. Understand my post. Respond accordingly.

>mini Ruger 14
You can get an AR for 1/2 the price

>before going for big boy guns
AR? Big boy gun? Don't make me laugh

Attached: 1538436703071.jpg (948x960, 132K)

What’s a good AR15 to get? I only have my little Ruger SR9c for concealing and shoving up my ass.

Why get an sks with ammo when you can get the ar and then buy ammo?
In the long run the ar will be a million times more cost effective

Pistols are shit defensive guns in a civil war. They are good for carrying for self defense in a small skirmish but in a all out civil war they would be shit. A Rifle and a fuckload of ammo is what you want for civil war.

I'd go with a pistol instead. They are more portable, and the fact of the matter is if there really isn't any happening, then you would want the gun for self defense. It'd be hard to use a rifle for close quarters fighting with nigger robbers. Handguns are also cheaper in general, so you wouldn't have to spend all that much, which is good since if you're poor then you'd want a more affordable firearm.

Lastly, if there IS a happening, you can grab all the rifles you need from the dead bodies as you wander the war-torn wasteland

I was looking at some websights you can get an AR15 for $300. That leaves 200 for optics,mags, and ammo

How much excess capital do you have per month?
>ammo my boy, ammo

the difference between a good shot and a bad shoot is ammunition. You need to fire a weapon thousands of times to become a good shot, varying conditions/positions and range.

The gun is irrelevant, its your groupings that count.

Can someone tell me what is "happening"?

>Why get an sks with ammo when you can get the ar and then buy ammo?
Purchasing power. You buy ammo in bulk - 7.62x39 is generally the cheapest ammo. You could get an AR-15 in .223 Rem for equally cheap ammo... but then your starting price for anything semi-decent is about $800.

If you are doing it monthly, depending on your disposable income, you are unlikely to be able to exploit the bulk prices.

I have a m&p sport 2 that I picked up on sale for around 700 maple pesos. Works perfect. I'm sure there are cheaper ones I don't know about though
Based Saffer. A hit from a .22 is more effective than a miss from a 7.62x39

Attached: 1538580008664.jpg (866x823, 87K)

I'm not the op, but I have enough disposable income to invest in a NATO round. One that will be plentiful in the event of a happening, I will agree that 7.62 can be cheaper, but again long run its 5.56

the cheapest id go is PSA, unless you can find an MP15 for that price.

>$800
why? m&p 15 .223 is like $500-600

If you can only afford 1 gun just get an AR. Thinking an AR is any more a big boy gun compared to a mini 14. They shoot the same caliber, the mini 14 is 2x-3x more expensive and weighs a shit ton more. The AR-15 isn't an FAL or anything.

Lurk more, user. "Happening" is a catch-all term for disasters or scandals, or even wars. Like Trump saying on tv "gas the kikes race wars now" would be a happening, but if civil war were declared in the US, than THAT is also a happening. If a CNN news anchor is caught masturbating to CP, then that's a happening too, and so on and so forth

$200 mall ninja red dot, I feel bad when you drop it in a SHTF scenario.

get a glock and cheap shotgun.

Plenty of ammo.

Those 2 can get you an AR15 for free if shit hits the fan.

Attached: 53.jpg (800x533, 183K)

>but in a all out civil war

yeah but be realistic here, the odds of a civil war breaking out is almost zero. The odds of maybe needing a handgun of some sort of is rather low too in most areas. Yet long term your investment in a handgun allows more flexibility.
Maybe get a conceal carry permit later if that's an option. Ammo is cheaper and it's easier to store/lock away from kids etc. Where as if a true all out melt down of all social order really did happen what's going to mater is all the prepper level BS. Do you have food storage so you don't HAVE to go out for a few months until the shit calms down? What about water? Do you live in a defense-able area or home? Do you have a bug out bag and/or a family plan?
I mean just that mundane level shit is going to result in a higher chance of survival than muh AR.

Jow Forums here. I have way too many funs, unlike most of Jow Forums. On a budget, I'd just get a Glock 19 and be done with it. If you're a poorfag I'd get an SKS and some ammo when money allows. THese shits are memes for a reason. The Glock will do almost anything you could ever want a pistol for, and any SKS is a good one. That said, you'll never need either for anything other than range shooting so don't even trip.

What specifically is OP referring to that he feels the need to arm himself?

Checked and Rekt

Attached: 2AB22CF400000578-3168287-image-a-20_1437405803845.jpg (634x386, 51K)

A hypothetical civil war

It was a discounted vortex, it's a quality red dot

if you have no gun get a glock 19 and train. save up for an ar. just my opinion based on odds.

literally my advice. This user knows.

>SKS cheaper than AR
Nah son, in the USA an AR15 is king for cheap and reliable. You can also get 1000 round cases of Russian steel .223 for about $220 shipped.

While $500 will get you an AR it will most likely be 2 moa, and will not be durable at all. You can get a perfectly fine complete lower receiver and stripped upper receiver for ~$300. Yea the trigger will be a little sloppy but for a combat rifle thats fine. The problem is going to be the bolt carrier group and barrel. It is very hard to source a barrel worth owning for less than $300. And a decent bolt carrier is going to run you about between $150-200. I havent been able to design a worthwhile AR for less than $800. (and you gotta remember you need tools to build it, roll pins are a fucking bitch if you dont have the right punch set)

If $500 is all you have I would recommend considering getting yourself a solid pistol. Look into the CZ SP-01. I will shill for that fucking thing all day long. The prices on them are all over the place but I found one for $450. Things built like a brick shit house and is comparable to pistols that go for 3 times the price. It is accurate as fuck, if you put in practice with it you WILL be able to hit bullseye at 50 meters. And stock magazines hold 18+1 and the better quality and cheaper after market mags hold 19+1. And 9mm is cheap enough to be able to easily afford 1000 rounds to train up on the pistol.

Only downside with the gun is that you will most likely have to put in some time adjusting the sights when you first get it.

There's a lot of people in here who really need to head to Jow Forums. They live for this.
Shit is getting weird.

> SHTF, Letting the nigger get within close quarters and not shooting on site
You need to read more crime stats bruh

If you’re going PSA, get the adjustable sba3 brace package. More comfortable plus it’s adjustable. Also, spend money on a decent BUIS and red dot. A decent flashlight and sling will serve you well too.

Attached: 85B1909E-4B11-41A3-9078-C94432B2FB2D.jpg (600x749, 80K)

AR "kits" are simple if the upper has been assembled and tested. Assembling the lower is fast and can be done without special tools.

As for pistols, Smith Wesson has a $230 9mm that Glock won a lawsuit over for being too similar. I want a Glock but the SW is half the price.

>putting any sight on your gun that needs a battery
All that time spend zeroing the sights is going to be for naught when you run out of batteries and have to throw unzeroed irons on it

Around this time last year i built a range ready AR (cheap sights, 1 mag) for $409. I wanted to see just how cheaply i could build one and i was even kind of lazy with my research and probably could have gone cheaper. At around $400 you still have some money left for ammo and a spare mag or two. Not much, but still its something. As cheap as AR's are these days there is almost no reason not to buy/build one. And when i say build i mean put together from an already assembled upper. Otherwise you will need some tools. A lower can be assembled with almost no tools other than a hammer and punch.

Gimme a good site my man. I've got a little extra spare cash and I've been meaning to buy a decent gun and ammo but I have almost zero knowledge on where to buy one.
I've tried looking up a military surplus store but the closest one around me is close to 2 hours away and I ain't driving that for a weapon I could just get shipped directly to me.
That being said, I'm also in Upstate NY so that probably fucks me

Attached: 1531749716033.jpg (480x480, 46K)

>A hypothetical civil war

I could see a possible world level event causing a break down of social order. I can get how a local but wide scale issue cause it at a local level, for a few weeks or maybe a month or so at most. Yet I don't see how anyone honestly thinks a civil war in this modern day and age has any chance of happening on USA soil.
Even if it did, they are not going to be rolling over other states in some strange land invasion to take control of the USA or whatever. Maybe random state looks to do something on it's border but it would be quickly put down with federal level troops as it would be a small sub group trying to pull it off, at best.

Well I'm thinking like waking up in the middle of the night and hearing someone in your house, or just hanging out in your living room during a home invasion. Smaller guns are easier to hide and quickly access, plus you can have it in a glovebox in case the ghouls try car jacking. The pistol idea wasn't for the civil war, just in general in case the war never happens. As a starting gun I think he should use a pistol to get used to shooting, and then buy the rifle at a later date

If you don't already have an AR-15 absolutely buy one. PSA kits are fine because if there's any issue they'll fix it right up. My first rifle from them had a canted front sight so I sent it back for repair, second rifle was in perfect shape and was a more recent purchase.

Attached: 20180105_133707.jpg (4032x3024, 3.31M)

SKS has reached AR prices over here at least for one in good condition.

how much for a yugo these days?

Food. Get food and ability to cook without electricity. Ability to stay warm and purify water.

Also cheap alcohol.

Attached: download (8).jpg (587x620, 59K)

He said semi decent. The m&p 15 is like wanting a truck and deciding to buy a ram. Yea it works now, but when you really need it and no spare parts are available?

>vortex
>quality
Uhhhhhhhhhhh alright then user

Remington 870 tactical and a shit ton of buckshot

Attached: 1517193521120.gif (720x306, 2.12M)

All burgers who lurk here should be armed, you have to be a fucking moron not to own guns

www.Palmettostatearmory.com
www.Classicfirearms.com
>For cheap parts and budget build kits shipped to your door.

www.80percentarms.com
>to mill a lower receiver and assemble a ghost gun.

hey snob, vortex is quality. It's a lower tier than Trijicon of course. But it beats a bushnell

>“iLl JuSt PiCk Up A gUn WhEn ThE wAr StArTs!”
These are the same people who think they are going to go loot a grocery store and get away with everything they need unscathed during a happening.

Get an AR now do you can learn how to use it. Look into carbine classes in your area for beginners.

I was gunna say that, but didnt want get into a big dick waving argument. When I was in the US it was Daniel Arms and Taurus who were making the good AR's.

Because that is the other thing, you want to buy something that will retain some value so you can trade-up or swap-out later.

Go get yourself a fucking high-capacity tactical Mossberg shotgun. All you need for casual close encounters of the 3rd kind. Sidearm optional.

Now, Do I have to look up the legality of owning an AR kit from one of these sits? Or are they automatically flagged based on state?
And how easy is it to get one registered?
Forgive me for my questions, just new to buying and owning one.

I use aimpoint, but ur right. vortex isn't garbage

I live in NY and I'm suicidal

A build kit isn't a gun. The lower receiver is what makes something a gun. I don't know much about your state laws except NY has restrictions on magazine capacity so most websites won't ship you a high cap mag.

An 80% lower isn't a gun until you mill it with a router. Buy a jig and an 80 lower and follow the YouTube videos. Since none of the separate parts are a gun until you mill the lower and assemble the parts, there should be now legal issues with shipping. It is also 100% legal to make your own gun in the USA. You can't sell it though, with ought jumping through more hoops.

>alcohol, meds, and food/water > guns

If I had $500 and I wanted a gun for shtf, I'd buy a $200 sale pistol and $300 of supplies.

You aren't going to be able to to fight off masses of people no matter how big your boom stick is. Just hope it's only a small gang m8.

Attached: Owc2pMI.png (826x960, 342K)

Also since we are on the subject of guns and many seem to be ignorant. There is a Craigslist for guns.
armslist.com
You can complete legal person-to-person firearms transfers in your state.

If the nigs don't give you a happening, the pigs will.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danziger_Bridge_shootings

No point having the gun if you don't have ammo.
$500 won't be enough. If you're limited to $500 and concerned about chimping you probably want a cheap shotgun, a few boxes of shells and a cop-surplus soft vest. Should be able to do that for 500.

>hasnt been paying attention to leftists
>hasnt been paying attention to the amount of spics loyal to mexico and friendly with leftists
>hasnt been paying attention to the amount of niggers always ready and willing to loot and riot the moment shit gets a little chaotic

You are right, there will be no uniform army marching across state lines. There will be wide spread guerilla warfare. And it will be decentralized for the most part. Random uncoordinated warfare. It will be a hyper violent outburst by the dregs of society necessitating their physical removal.

>the commies dont have the balls for war

They dont and they would fold easily in combat. But they will partake in terroristic tactics. We are witnessing many themes throughout history repeating themselves. The kikes doubling down until all the goyim wake up, for one. Another which we have started to see in isolated cases is that communists are drawn to terror tactics. They always have been and always will be. Why? Look at the eastern front during ww2. As the communists made their advance to berlin anyone caught in their path was raped or horribly tortured to death . This ensured that the local populace would be less likely to risk attracting attention to their family.

Terror tactics cause the civilian pleb to bow like a dog with a harsh master. These fucks have been using everything from their old playbook why would they stop when they come to the conclusion that violence is their only option?

Moreover, they would be too numerous and sporadic for law enforcement to ever even attempt to engage. And it would take almost no time for RWDS

>what’s body armor
5.56x45mm minimum, although I still believe 7.62x51mm is better if you can’t get an automatic weapon anyway.

If you train in a weapon that relies on ammunition to be useful you are an idiot. Plus an overwhelming majority of Hank Hills who own a gun can't even hit anything more than 8 feet away. Just buy a sword.

Well thank you man. You've been a real help. I'll probably snag one after a couple more paychecks.

OP or other anons interested in guns, I would avoid armslist, private sales and gunshows. The used gun market is atrocious with 99% of guns being sold for more than you can purchase them online after paying transfer fees. This is because a lot of normies buy guns from gun stores where there's already a significant markup so they feel their gun is worth more than it actually is, coupled with the 'I only fired 5,000 rounds through it and I cleaned it once so it's practically new' mentality. You don't know how they were stored, you don't know what issues to look for, and you'll almost always pay extra in private sale.

$500 is fucking nothing for a one time purchase. Are you a teenager working summer jobs or something? What is your frame of reference that an AR-15 is expensive? kek

I thought I was the only one thinking that. If my South American country has a civil war chance of 0.00001% I don't think the US can be any higher. These anons seem way too paranoid. I have a small revolver I carry around for self defense, and a .22 pistol at home, and feel like I won't ever even need to use that (other than self defense in case of an assault or something).

One thing to keep in mind is that OP posted an image of an AR pistol build kit. You may find some restrictions building that in your state. But just remember, the unassembled parts aren't a gun and it's not breaking the laws.

The fuck is this monstrosity

You will get a P.O.S AR-15 for $500
>point of reference
>his total budget

Get a Sig P250, they're sweet.

I stockpiled a bit before the election. I can't tell you how good it feels knowing that if shtf I have what I need. Lots of ammo and the guns to shoot it with. Plus a hundred rounds in my car and three extra mags in my backpack. Enough to get me to my car, which has enough to get me to my house, which has enough to get me to the capitol. Where I will heil Trump and offer my services to his newly formed militia of cultural sanitization.

Go to pawn shop buy a cheap pistol and a cheap shotgun plus ammo for that amount. Then you're prepared. Its not about how many rounds you have its about where you place them when you pull the trigger.

The fruits of jewtopia aka california.

Get the AR you faggot and make sure to buy some ammo and a cleaning kit

This user gets it, foreign flags are waiving in texas and border states, hook noses got the university millenial leftists to aid them even not in arms but food and shelter as well as money. They will at least have canned goods and the likes. The gov is watching this closely as well there have to be red teams that full well know this is happening. We have every ingredient imaginable for a total collapse and war. That said I need to get myself more prepped as well. Things might get really ugly country wide in the next 5 months.

Your not being paranoid whatsoever, and if you believe so, you have every right to be “paranoid”. I suggest you for sure buy one, don’t buy one from Walmart or anything like that. I suggest maybe you save up to $600 if possible and buy parts, figure out what kind of reliable barrel you’d want and other things. But if you really feel the need to get one with $500 right now, go for it.

Attached: 880CC566-AF3A-48D7-9F79-C910C696B912.jpg (540x304, 66K)

Reminder to bulk purchase ammo.

Good pointers user. Thanks

Pay $200 for a used rifle
Pay $100 for a case of reload ammo
Pay $200 for prep
Practice

No, save your money and just get a fucking life. Ive been on here for years and the quality of post has declined so much because of newfags not lurking ling enough and coming en masse from the ayyyy Ready player one site.
You mother fuckers seriously need to quit it with this larping bullshit and claiming there's a fucking happening over absolute dog shit. You're no different than the cancerous liberals screaming bloody murder. Try getting the fuck off Jow Forums and research the news yourselves and get the fuck out of the house and develop some social skills you fagots. Jesus fucking Christ, just the other day I found yet another Hunt thread demanding a witch Hunt, breaking fucking rules btw, and when some fagot post the name you cronies all started "praising kek" and Jow Forums like people here actually got his name and fucking got him fired.
You NIGGERS could maybe try getting off Jow Forums as your main source of social interaction and maybe you'd find out that some Canadacuck just like Hunt himself was the one that outed him and called his salon to get him fired. It was all posted on Twitter literally a day after the incident. I'm fucking 27 and it's pathetic how more in touch I am than you fucking Zoomer fuck heads with social media trends and current news.
Seriously, for your own sakes, please lurk more and work on yourselves. You're turning this place to shit.

Gaucho?

Attached: Los-GAUCHOS_0051.jpg (1159x783, 338K)

I'm ordering this today OP.

Attached: Screenshot_20181004-091355.png (1440x2880, 290K)

is this $500 specifically for a weapon or is that including other preps? If its just the gun get a PSA build kit. couple hundred rounds of ammo, a few magazines and a simple cleaning kit. if its for everything get a maverick 88 shotgun or a taurus g2c pistol, both are around $200 and will realistically be able to defend you against 99% of encounters you might face. spend another $50 on ammo, a spare mag or two and some cleaning supplys. everything else can go to other preps.

Daniel Defense is top quality shit and comes with a top quality price tag. Thats like with name brands like Colt. I had a real good Colt AR. It was very durable, very accurate and in every way identical to the M16A4 I had in the military the only difference being that it did not have a 3 shot burst trigger. But, I only bought it because it was looking like onigger was going to actually pull off a gun ban and it was the best rifle my gunshop had. But for the same price I could have gotten much better had I the time. I'd say a solid 30% of the price of a colt is the name.

But if you have the time to source the parts and build one you could build a top notch rifle for around $800 while only making sacrifices in the lower receiver and upper receiver. (which there are plenty of companies that make 'good enough' (meaning they work and if they work they work) receivers for sub $100. As long as those work you are good, what really matters are the internals and the barrel.

Most of the good rifle companies are making their rifles with free float barrels. Which do improve the accuracy of the rifle but one would only be able to see the difference if they were expert marksman tier. freefloats wind up driving the price of a rifle up quite a bit because the foregrips are more complicated and need to be more durable and you need different gas blocks. So, unfortunately, right now the best options if you dont have money falling out of your ass are to buy something real cheap and hope it stands up to abuse or put about $800 into a custom build and do it yourself.

That said one could always start with a decentish cheap rifle and replace the barrel and bolt carrier when money comes along. This might be the best option in the long run because you would now have spare (albeit shittier) parts should your high quality parts break.

Okay, so if I were to simply purchase one of the complete AR rifles from PSA, would that simply be shipped directly to me, and then get it registered by my local state police?

No, a complete gun or a lower would have to be shipped to a dealer.