What’s causing the obesity problem in America? Is it the fast food industry? The FDA? The low price of food...

What’s causing the obesity problem in America? Is it the fast food industry? The FDA? The low price of food? Something else? More importantly, how can we stop it?

Attached: image.jpg (429x446, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/Doritos-Spicy-Nacho-Tortilla-Chips-9-75-oz-Bag/157162807
walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Long-Grain-Enriched-Rice-5-Lb/10315395
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fatter than you, jose garcia

Corn lobby

>What’s causing the obesity problem in America?
Freedom

How do spics manage to be poor and overweight?

Attached: 341B3DDF-0841-4D4A-AEB9-674C38005B79.jpg (474x266, 30K)

Lobbiest, the FDA. The Media.

Hahahaha, Amerifat….HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA

Attached: Amerimuttica.png (1931x1172, 2.45M)

Sugar. The word you were looking for was sugar.

sugar and carbs

Obesity is statistically a problem only when it comes to non-whites. If you deported all blacks and hispanics the obesity ''problem'' would disappear completely.

Wealth. There is a direct correlation. Qatar is fat too.

corn syrup and corn starch in literally every food item

Unhealthy shit is generally cheaper

We're hungry

Attached: smugamerican.jpg (499x499, 72K)

>what's causing it
Corn syrup. Subsidies make it artificially cheap, so it's put in everything as a sweetener.
>how do you stop it
eliminate corporate welfare and subsidies helps, but honestly it comes down to not being a lazy pos and actually caring about your body and health.

Attached: 1533586266486.jpg (500x488, 29K)

basado y redpileado

high calorie food subsidized by the government

No one knows how to cook me and my girlfriend live off 130$ a month in foodstamps. I eat amazing homemade food everyday

fpbp
/thread

Why wouldn't the dumbest and most dedicated slaves of ZOG, slaves that went to such lengths such as dying (willingly and with vigor and vitriol) in every single Israel war and accepting the circumcision (like mudslimes and kikes, and somali niggers) get fat?

Why wouldn't they? It's the "greatest country on earth". Greatest country means greatest people.

Attached: whiter-than-u-achmed.jpg (1081x1636, 171K)

Poorer Murican states have a bigger obesity problem than richer states. There is no direct correlation.
The only direct correlation with fat people is race. The less white a state is the fatter the people living there are.

Fast & processed food is engineered to be hyperpalatable and is also fairly cheap. Combined with increasingly sedentary lifestyles. It really isn't a mystery.

Attached: 1489546334638.png (1000x794, 669K)

Its caused by gluttony combined with sloth. The two preferred american pastimes

>healthy food is more expensive
>poor people make poor food choices
>sugar companies lobbying like crazy
>Advertisements pumping Americans full of fast food cravings
>roughly 50% of jobs now consist of sitting in a chair for 8 hours a day
>Most popular entertainment at the moment is either playing video games or watching netflix

a combination of these.

Some foods are cheap yet calorie dense.

Healthy food is cheaper than junk food look up the price per pound for Doritos compared to steak

>steak is healthy food

And that's why you are so fat

holy shit they actually beat us at something

This isn't true. Blacks and Hispanic non whites are more likely to be obese, but it's still a very serious issue among whites.

Attached: a59.jpg (323x326, 14K)

Post more of her

fat people

i'm starting to look like dale gribble and it's freaking me out.
I think it's the soda that is giving me this gut

In modern times obesity is not a sign of lack of food its a sign of poor nutrition.

Humans, fundamentally, are lazy. They will naturally try to spend the least amount of effort possible to reach their desired outcome. This is in fact a good thing, its what causes people to seek efficiency (work smart not hard, etc).

This means that only easily accessible food really matters. People can point out their farmers markets or supermarket vegetables all they want, but only the bourgeois have time think about those sorts of things. In reality people will get whatever is easily available, and that means junk food. The lack of easily available ready to eat healthy food is the cause of obesity. It needs to be just as cheap and easy(which are the same things, time is money, remmeber) as going through a drive through at mcdonalds before people will stop being fat.

So untill people can decide "i want to eat something" and within 5 minutes go to a nearby location and spend some pocket change on something already made and healthy for them, they are going to be fat.

Uhh don't these big food companies literally spend millions on advertising and making them chemically addictive? As well as lobbying in the US govt?

Pop off James

Mexico isn't the shit hole you image

Steak is perfectly fine in a low carb diet.

Its healthier than chips and frozen dinners

>>healthy food is more expensive
hello fat ass

Attached: x8YY38k.jpg (1126x1001, 420K)

hydrogenated oils

Partially this. Advertising is meant not to honestly publicize a good or service, but to undermine rational consumer choice.

Do you want conspiracy theories or the truth?
Because the truth is that compared to other countries, we don't get much exercise. People in other countries tend to walk or bike everywhere, but we drive everywhere. Our portions overall are much larger. Often an average meal for us is 3x the servings size for another country.
Even if you cut out junkfood and sugary soda, you'll still struggle to get to a healthy weight without increasing your exercise by a lot and decreasing your food intake by 66%.

Cooking it yourself is easily $20 worth of time on top of the cost of ingredients.

i dont think its 'over-eating' like people suggested. what happened in between the 50s and now that suddenly made people so hungry? are you telling me the people back then didnt have appetities for soda , ice cream or other sweets? that they ate broccoli all day? not really, the food had lots of sugar in it too, the difference is that the industrial food supply has been essentially poisoned through the use of additives by corporations seeking profits. people also went outside more, got lots of sunlight, avoided the degenerative influence of wifi.

>2 pre-packed slices of bread with cheese and lettuce
>2.50
>2 family bags of Doritos, considered more tasty by poor people standards as well
>2.50

Hmm, what will a poor person pick?

Corn syrup is a big one
Soda
The low quality of cookery - compare US recipes online to the rest of the world. Full of processed shit and simple sugars even when cooking at home.
Being fucking lazy
Junk food

t. retard
Something being a ''serious issue'' is your opinion.
The actual facts are that obesity would STATISTICALLY not be a problem in the US if the country was 100% white.
Obesity is a ''serious issue'' anywhere. This is just a poor attempt at dodging the issue.

>healthy food
Vegetables are super cheap
Nuts, cheese, berries are expensive
Literally you can eat whatever you want just count fuckin calories and eat less. Less expensive and you don't have to give up anything.

Attached: 1520873774613.jpg (2560x1440, 1.49M)

Comrade Andropov is correct. The Hitler Youth has already applied the generous suggestion of the central comittee of our glorious allied Soviet Republic. It is called "Kraft durch Mast" and offers a Variety of free range Foods ready made by beautiful BDM girls. Glory to the Greater Soviet of the Russian-German brotherhood!

user 's got you there. Start eating a salad twice a week fellow burgerman. No more than a tablespoon of dressing and half a cup of cheese though. Fruit salad doesn't count either.

low price, high fat content. thats why im overweight

Do you work 24 hours a day? time spent cooking is better than shitposting or watching netflix

Poor rack of self disciprine. Feminism is also making women into sows, encouraging them not to be ashamed of disgusting body habits.

Attached: 1538414312417.jpg (474x560, 79K)

What Are Starch Blockers?
Starches are complex carbohydrates that cannot be absorbed unless they are first broken down by the digestive enzyme amylase. Amylase inhibitors, also called starch blockers, prevent starches from being absorbed by the body. When amylase is blocked, those carbs pass through the body undigested, so you don't absorb the calories.

Amylase inhibitors

White Kidney Bean extract

US food companies should be adding white kidney
bean extract to all carbohydrated foods so you
cannot digest them as the amylase will be blocked.
it's all natural and won't kill you and prevent diabetes.

Attached: my shit.jpg (444x511, 68K)

You can't even really blame Americans for not biking or walking. It's not like your society is built to accommodate it. You can't go anywhere without a car.

>walmart.com/ip/Doritos-Spicy-Nacho-Tortilla-Chips-9-75-oz-Bag/157162807
vs
>walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Long-Grain-Enriched-Rice-5-Lb/10315395
take your pick fat fuck

America’s obesity problem is mostly relegated to minorities - who are overweight and obese at shocking rates.

It is the Dysgenic people overbreeding combined with the industrialization of starch-sugar-rich foods. Were the same scale of industrialization done with protein based foods, perhaps synthesized, you would not have the same problem.
Returning to the dysgenic idea, dumber people like sweeter foods and have even lower tolerance for non sweet foods.

Attached: 1533848557517.jpg (500x441, 25K)

Most problems typically are never for just one reason. US obesity rate is no different in the sense that it is caused by a plethora of ideas.

GMOs, high fructose corn syrup/processed foods are big culprits. You have some that are gluttons that cannot control themselves, some it health issues and the epidemic of fast food?... Most Ameircans have become lardasses.

The best way for most Americans to lose weight would be a low carb/high protein diet.

cringe

The fact that fat absorbs firearm recoil, so this is what true peak performance looks like

Attached: 1537591006074.jpg (426x812, 84K)

A lack of self control, shill, if gullible people buy shit they dont need and get hooked on sugar, that is a direct result od their lack of self discipline. Now fuck you and your slide thread.

You can't eat a bowl of plain rice for dinner, you also have to cook it while Doritos are good 5 seconds after you get home. It's easy and cheap, face it.

Im just telling you how humans work. The question is why are people fat, not how to individually not be fat. Human nature, which Jow Forums is always going on about, says you need healthy food to be just as fast, cheap, and easy to obtain, as junk food, before people stop being fat.

You can get fast and easy healthy food, but its not cheap. You can get cheap healthy food, but its not fast or easy. This is the problem.

Diversity is our strengt-

Attached: 6A1AE7A5-6EEE-43EA-BB92-3D71B1FE8283.jpg (895x647, 93K)

They also apparently use parts of fetuses and their cells to test how addictive or tasty their food is. They spend tons of cash making sure this product will make you eat and buy more. Couple that with what said about convenience and people being dumb as dirt

I really, really like this digits.

>What’s causing the obesity problem in America?
americans
but looking at these answers pointing out at shit like unhealthy foods and sugar is pretty fucking funny
delusion at its finest
i mean look at this shit
laughable

cringe

Attached: 20150626_white_house_rainbow_3_ap_1160.jpg (1160x629, 92K)

Crockpots exist nigga

>muh cooking is hard
>muh plain rice
I just proved proper meals are WAY cheaper than fat fuck food.

nice try shekelstein

also there are other things that might be overlooked. its not just fucking corn syrup , hwich is metabolically not that different from sugar which white americans ate a ton of during the 50s. i think the increasing age of birth-giving for mothers is a significant factor. It used to be as young as 22, now it's like 30. Compare the health of an average woman at 22 versus 30. The former is their peak, the latter, they often encounter significant health issues, and yet that is when many children are born, at the stage in life in which the mother has begun the slow climb down into the degenerative dysfunction characteristic of old age. You know what else? younger mothers have higher levels of all hormones, including testosterone. A baby born to a young mother will be more masculinized.

This.

330 million people over the course of ~30 years made a conscious and simultaneous decision to lose all their willpower.

>Wait, that's retarded.

My mom had me when she was 14 maybe thats why I grew up to be an uber chad

And I just told you it isn't, you want to buy rice, meat and veggies for 3 people that you still have to prepare or just a big bowl of doritos everyone can dig in instantly and finds more tasty? Again, consider the poor people choice here.

another thing: wayyyyyyyyyy less people SMOKE cigarettes now.

>You can get fast and easy healthy food, but its not cheap
Every fucking leftist says this and it never makes me not angry.
Listen you utter fucking nigger, go to the grocery store, you can get a 30 pound bag of rice for like 10 bucks. go get 5 pounds of ground beef, 16 bucks. 26 bucks, you got enough carbs for like two months and enough protein to sustain your muscle mass for two weeks.
Dont give me that fucking "Kale and v8" jewish Bullshit nonsense, Eating healthy is
>NOT
>FUCKING
>HARD

Attached: 1536355226134.jpg (750x546, 32K)

The last two points are quite true. People had TV back then, but it wasn't possible to be bombarded 24/7 with a digital world like today.

big bowl of doritos is more expensive and only lasts a day or two.

20 lb bag of rice, 20 lb bag of veggies, and raw chicken with spices is way cheaper and lasts the whole week

>5 Pounds of ground beef
>enough for 2 weeks muscle mass

if you are a concentration camp survivor

Sugar. Sugar. Sugar. Sugar. How to beat a cook in American 101
>sugar
>salt
>butter
Sugar is addictive and fat people feel addicted to eating food... Surely there's no connection between these and sugar being in absurd amounts in every meal is fine.

culture of consumerism for the sake of consumerism
>how can we stop it?
stop eating like the disgusting kafir pigs you are

Low food prices lead to high volumes of food consumed, sedentary jobs and entertainment lead to lack of exercise, suburban sprawl leads to travel by car for every little errand instead of walking and biking for everyday travel

There are things we can do about it but ultimately it's a matter of personal responsibility. Most people seem to understand generally that exercise is necessary and also they understand what sort of diet is best (in very general terms), but they are both unwilling to make changes and willfully ignorant of how poorly they are meeting the lifestyle criteria necessary for healthy weight

For non-Hispanic whites the rate is something like 38%. For comparison, the rate in the UK is 28%.

this!

Europe has much better food because they don't add sugar to everything. And who the hell puts sugar in cornbread? Sacrilege!

most people are, they just have about 400 lbs of fat on their frame.

if you want fat asses to lose weight you just need half a pound of meat per day.

40 Grams of protein per day
110 grams of protein per pound
550/40=13.75, round up, 14 days=2 weeks

>Dysgenic people overbreeding
Obesity generally doesn't cause fatal complications until after 30-35.

It's poor nutritional science education and the alienation of nutritional science backgrounds in medicine and doctors studying in medical school. They're taught to memorize and regurgitate pharmaceutical drugs and how to TREAT symptoms without making the VITAL CONNECTION to malnutrition.

The truth (and irony) is that the Standard American Diet malnourishes you. Carbohydrates are the ONLY nutrients that you body can create by itself. There are essential fatty acids and essential amino acids, but no essential carbohydrates. Way too many people eat carbs and starches, along with refined sugars, they even gulp down alcohol every other night and they NEVER fast. In fact, ask anyone if they've EVER fasted. I guarantee you many people have never fasted a day in their lives.

A lot of people also don't consume enough electrolytes so they have thyroid issues on top of the insulin resistance from their diet which causes obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.

That's right. Prolonged insulin causes oxidative stress, insulin resistance, so what that means is heightened cortisol, inflammation, and weight gain.

Not to preach a ketogenic diet or lifestyle, but you are quite literally killing yourself if all you eat is carbs and sugar.

Hope this answered your question op

You don't stop it.
People are people. They eat and don't exercise, they get fat.
Natural selection.

Cheap food is typically laced with sugars

Attached: CBE6CFE6-750F-4F05-8D5A-9CACB8862FD1.jpg (913x507, 166K)

Depression, sedentary lifestyle, and cheap junk food everywhere.

shitty food recommendations. the government never had any business recommending a diet, people claim nobody follows these guidelines but they do, schools do, people did.

the short answer is way too many carbohydrates.

>tv
>Computers
>Shit food
>Laziness
It's easy to not be fat. It's actually quite cheap as well. People are lazy as fuck though. In the past we were forced to do physical activities. Nowadays it's normal to sit all day.
>Who is to blame?
You. Don't blame your lack of self control on others. No one forces you to eat doritos

I thought Jow Forums was Jow Forums. Thanks for debunking the fitohoax

Attached: thicc snek.jpg (960x626, 27K)

When I was in Italy I noticed that people ate much slower and in smaller portions.