Folk music

For all their talk about traditional values, why aren't more conservatives into folk music? It seems like it's almost always lefties like pic related. I'm thinking primarily of America of course. Is it different elsewhere?

Attached: pete-seeger.png (500x703, 623K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yYawxUbwemA
youtube.com/watch?v=CSg4c2UtBqM
youtube.com/watch?v=QzWMt-Fh3uk
youtube.com/watch?v=62byH1G8A6c
youtube.com/watch?v=_OxToTuYHrA
youtube.com/watch?v=64Wslo0AKR0
bitchute.com/video/6kNZGwVGLJti/
youtube.com/watch?v=jZqB3WTbgT0
archive.org/details/SOMEKAYAKS
youtube.com/watch?v=dkXbJEkkEeI
youtu.be/VDyS_8_2knw
youtube.com/watch?v=nAbZ3I6-1lY
youtube.com/watch?v=NGUP8oc9Bgs
youtube.com/watch?v=mWsxkzSzKRo
youtube.com/watch?v=ViconEieDig
youtube.com/watch?v=9vST6hVRj2A
youtube.com/watch?v=RYw4NaRtnT0
youtube.com/watch?v=DUO9ikz63vA
youtube.com/watch?v=h2sBJx-bnTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jREUrbGGrgM
youtube.com/watch?v=bN8pGjsq5vg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZLdscXdnFFE
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_machine_kills_fascists
youtube.com/watch?v=n5aoQLhBSVE
youtube.com/watch?v=A6GlajMzVf0
youtube.com/watch?v=drdlc-bHEpE
youtube.com/watch?v=RpZ8umpz42c
youtube.com/watch?v=CpSy0wfLcdw
youtube.com/watch?v=b1o68h4Usqs
youtube.com/watch?v=a54YpZIdFS0
youtu.be/LwJrviNcQnk
youtu.be/4HkQXPQ6kPw
youtu.be/D0wb_vgg7vw
youtu.be/8NEe_k3Di9I
youtu.be/Rbcj-n3QecQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oELWmTVR_j4
youtu.be/1Oc2BNvBhic
youtube.com/watch?v=8iuqOOL49Mo
youtube.com/watch?v=7o0-vYD1clg
youtube.com/watch?v=hAbmimbaFHE
youtu.be/hCebq5lLgos
youtu.be/_QzcrflqDCg
youtube.com/watch?v=G3rNJwPqGHA
youtu.be/bzrcO7CArNk
youtu.be/xYG2f7LxxkM
youtube.com/watch?v=8BawN15CYOc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As far as English folk music (with vocals) goes, the left co-opted it quite heavily in the 50s and 60s. And then there was psych-folk which was interesting sometimes but obviously not very conservative. I feel like neofolk kindled an interest for a few people but it's not always that easy to find decent versions of songs that represent trad values because of the bias of past archivers and performers when creating the canon.

Folk music is implicitly white, although no one of the hipsters that listen to it will admit it

youtu.be/yYawxUbwemA

youtube.com/watch?v=CSg4c2UtBqM
I'll give it a bump. This is what real American culture is for those out there who don't know. It's a shame record companies are too busy pawning off nigger shit as art for quick money

Attached: Small Town Real America.jpg (1000x600, 182K)

sounds like some faggot anarchist shit

Byron de la Vandal
youtube.com/watch?v=QzWMt-Fh3uk
youtube.com/watch?v=62byH1G8A6c

Paddy Tarleton
youtube.com/watch?v=64Wslo0AKR0
bitchute.com/video/6kNZGwVGLJti/

TRS has also made a shit ton of covers for classic rock songs
youtube.com/watch?v=jZqB3WTbgT0
archive.org/details/SOMEKAYAKS
youtube.com/watch?v=dkXbJEkkEeI

Most of it gets taken down from youtube...

Europe has many good artists that sing of the true nature of man. A time before humanity left a scar upon the earth.

youtu.be/VDyS_8_2knw

Because folk music is usually some upper class leftie white or Jewish kid whining about the state of the world or their life.

Plenty of based folk boys. They just don't get as much kike media attention in what is already a pretty isolated genre.

youtube.com/watch?v=nAbZ3I6-1lY
youtube.com/watch?v=NGUP8oc9Bgs
youtube.com/watch?v=mWsxkzSzKRo
youtube.com/watch?v=ViconEieDig
youtube.com/watch?v=9vST6hVRj2A
youtube.com/watch?v=RYw4NaRtnT0
youtube.com/watch?v=DUO9ikz63vA
youtube.com/watch?v=h2sBJx-bnTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jREUrbGGrgM
youtube.com/watch?v=bN8pGjsq5vg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZLdscXdnFFE

Attached: whatcha think hoss.jpg (640x430, 51K)

This machine kills fascists.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_machine_kills_fascists

Meant to include this
youtube.com/watch?v=n5aoQLhBSVE
youtube.com/watch?v=A6GlajMzVf0
youtube.com/watch?v=drdlc-bHEpE

Attached: me3.jpg (1302x1983, 1.99M)

Attached: 1fde37bf4cd3f178586aaf986c55ae29.jpg (1200x800, 155K)

I am. Neocons aren't because they aren't that into culture in general.

i

youtube.com/watch?v=RpZ8umpz42c

Patti Smith paraphrased this when she said 'My guitar weighs less than a machine gun and it never runs out of ammunition'.

Folk music doesn't fit into the modern world, and all modern political movements even reactionary ones, are still modern. So it's just nostalgia manipulated by whoever wants to.

Springsteen might be a lefty cuck but 'Born in the USA' should be the the official /nsg/ thread song.

youtube.com/watch?v=CpSy0wfLcdw

Attached: Bruce-Springsteen.jpg (1962x2997, 2.53M)

one dog goes east the other goes west, so what?

Attached: mrs scorsese.jpg (464x348, 31K)

OK, I'll just shit the bed

youtube.com/watch?v=b1o68h4Usqs

Reminds me of this one lefty guy at the May Day protests in Warsaw a couple of yeas ago who said something about it killing fascists shortly before it was broken over his head by fascists.

I disagree. Our ancestors as well listened to folk music at least partially because their ancestors listened to it. I actually enjoy how it sounds, but to listen to it at least partially because of your ancestors doesn't discredit it because "nostalgia". Modernity as well might have infected all of our minds, but the truth is the primoridial lurks underneath even the biggest cuck. The challenge is I guess to smash the shell of modernity. Listening to music that is unsullied by the modern mind I don't think is the worst idea in the world in attempting to go about this.

Shit I never realized that pic was from Goodfellas, I thought it was just a comfy photo.

Bluegrass is folk music and it's pretty diverse in terms of politics.

It was originally a picture in National Geographic. That's the pic in the post I replied to. Nick Pileggi's mother painted the painting in the movie based on the photo.

I listen to folk music all the time. It's perfect music for camping, cruising in the car, hiking, or fishing in the creeks and rivers of my home. Upstate NY has some fucking gorgeous scenery and I couldn't ever see myself leaving even with all the shit my state puts us through. I'll fight and die for my glorious mountainous homeland.

Attached: Leatherstocking Region.jpg (1200x450, 732K)

What is the story behind the picture exactly? Never saw Goodfellas. Why was it in national geographic?

Not sure. One thing's for sure, you're right, it's comfy af. Nice to be out in your boat with the doggos.

Did a little googling. The original picture is of "river nomad and former banker John Weaver and his dogs Brocky and Twiggy on the Shannon"

>Why was it in national geographic?
National Geographic used to have fewer photos and a lot of hand drawn illustrations. There was also a lot more text than there is now. I wish it was more like those old issues really.

But on the topic of folk music, I want to learn banjo so I can play old timey stuff like this: youtube.com/watch?v=a54YpZIdFS0

are there political tensions between upstate and the city? If so, would you support the state splitting to better represent conservatives up there?

Also, for music, been listening to a lot of old time Appalachian stuff lately, which is "implicit" as all hell. Also trying to learn banjo to carry this forward.

Some examples:
youtu.be/LwJrviNcQnk
youtu.be/4HkQXPQ6kPw
youtu.be/D0wb_vgg7vw
youtu.be/8NEe_k3Di9I

Attached: file.png (300x300, 110K)

youtu.be/Rbcj-n3QecQ

This short documentary shows the evolution of North Carolina folk music, and how the geography influenced the sounds that came outta there.

Preserving and expanding this is inherently traditional.

You should learn the banjo, it will make you feel good. Check out the different styles of oldtime playing, like 3 finger (in your vid) or clawhammer style, which seems to be on the rise again.

Attached: file.png (217x283, 92K)

this

Attached: lesbianseagull.png (400x242, 190K)

Fuck yes I'm in support of splitting. Everything below Newburgh should be connected to NYC and be under the laws and shitty guidance of our current state politicians. Upstate NY is a completely different breed of people when you actually meet and talk to some of them. People from the city have a shitty attitude about everything and having them move up here in droves to alter our political climate feels like the last gasps of a dying regime.

That being said, I could listen to stuff like you just posted all fucking day long. Reminds me of scouts and camping with friends and family back in the good old days.

Attached: Baden Powell Council.jpg (1280x960, 581K)

Oh boy, I love that shit.
> that heritage

I need to go to /out/ again anons. Why do I work so much, live alone, and have nobody to enjoy the outdoors with?

Attached: 14481845_10202475851693491_6136651448490436275_o.jpg (2048x1152, 223K)

Ireland's different;

> Still populated by peasants
> Backwards country 50 years behind everyone in cultural degeneration
> National pride
> Racist as fuck

Irish folk music is the only national music that's still played by common people and not faggy hipsters with beards and delusions of being Bob Dylan

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1222x994, 205K)

American folk music actually is what inspired jazz, which led to Rock and Roll, then disco, hip hop, and rap, so when niggers claim that they wuz muscicians n shit they actually based their shit off of white music
youtube.com/watch?v=oELWmTVR_j4

It's what I listen to the most.
Norwaybro, can you tell me if there's a Norwegian group similar to Triakel? Everything about them is perfect, but I'm curious if there's a group from Norway that is similar.
Simple, old-style recording, and traditional folk and religious songs.
youtu.be/1Oc2BNvBhic

Damn, there's a really good old docudrama on American folk music. I'll try to remember the name of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=8iuqOOL49Mo

Attached: 1537333525940.png (740x753, 723K)

Here user, have some folk metal. youtube.com/watch?v=7o0-vYD1clg

Attached: ktj863p9e7n11.png (300x300, 131K)

An cuimhin leat an grá
Crá croí an ghrá
Níl anois ach ceol na h-oíche
Táim sioraí i ngrá
Leannáin le smál
Leannáin le smál
Lig leis agus beidh leat
Lig leis agus beidh grá

Only good folk music left is bluegrass

I really like the Hope County Choir stuff for Far Cry 5.
youtube.com/watch?v=hAbmimbaFHE

Is there any 'real' stuff like it but not just made up?

*blocks your path*
youtu.be/hCebq5lLgos
youtu.be/_QzcrflqDCg

Attached: file.png (400x400, 178K)

>youtu.be/hCebq5lLgos

Thots get wrecked

You need to live as a "people" to dig "folk" music.

Everyone is living as a slave, so they tune up Goyim.radio

You cannot leave out The Devil Makes Three when discussing conservative folk being produced today.

youtube.com/watch?v=G3rNJwPqGHA

This is what it's all about right here boys. You're welcome. youtu.be/bzrcO7CArNk

Righties do like folk music except they call it "country."

The music that lefties call "folk" is them LARPing as working class so as to try to brainwash people more effectively.

youtu.be/xYG2f7LxxkM

>Yes I guess I see,
>They ain't doin nothin here but leechin off of you and me, well
>Yes I guess I know,
>There ain't no place left on this earth that I can call my own, and
>Yes I hope I see
>The day we all wake up and stop them ships upon the sea, well Hallelujah,
>Let it all just burn,
>Cause they ain't the type for listenin and they sure ain't never gonna learn.

I have yet to see Jow Forums produce an example of a more based and redpilled band than TDM3.

>ManlyTear's_Daughters_Operating_A_Typical_Mechanical_Keyboard.mov

i

Is there a strong Canadian tradition of banjo playing? The only Canadian folk music I've really come across is Maritime stuff.

I almost ordered that Smithsonian Mountain Songs compilation just now, but I went with their English and Scottish Ballads collection instead. I really want to be some kind of songster/balladeer, which I guess is why I made this thread. I just wonder what kind of place there is culturally for the kind of stuff I want to play. If I had made this thread on /mu/ it would have been dead long ago.

I currently play the guitar and ukulele, which I do my best to make sound old timey. The southern stringband music of the 20s and 30s is where it's at for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=8BawN15CYOc

Attached: charlie-poole.png (236x288, 87K)