Who is your favorite philosopher?

Who is your favorite philosopher?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-06_09-25-08.png (610x455, 366K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kzk2Uaki-Kg
youtube.com/watch?v=VbsTgf3nmQU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

favourite*

Albert Camus

Diogenes

Marcus Aurelius

Philosopher Stone

Attached: 35538843_429836777511421_6673944222350966784_n.jpg (320x320, 21K)

entire thread complete

Lubosh

Attached: 1510019362245.png (474x223, 56K)

Attached: 1538807878282.jpg (300x466, 16K)

Thomas Aquinas and Aristotle, of course.

Attached: 131500-004-4E3E4827.jpg (324x450, 24K)

Michel Foucault, yes he was a pozzed up homo and traditionally associated with the left wing HOWEVER his entire project was a massive critique of liberalism and it is the most dynamic and factual that has ever been accomplished—he is like Nietzsche but with documentation to back it all up. A huge redpill.

Schopenhauer

Seneca

Attached: image.jpg (768x477, 339K)

to be completely honest, all philosophers are crazy and I don't like crazy people. "what is this, what is that, what am I, why am I, how am I, where am I and where is there?" anyone with too much time on their hands can ask every one of these questions philosophers do, and play mental masturbation coming up with bullshit answers.

Philisophy is for faggots and potheads

this

Other than Jesus?
Idk probably like Plato. "Republic" was just really ahead of its time.

Some good names here already. I'll throw this one into the mix.

Attached: IMG_0278.jpg (850x400, 97K)

IAN STUART

plato? the guy who imagined a non-existent land called Atlantis

My perspective is that humans have very good intuition. Even if we don't fully understand something, we can contextualize it in such a way as to "think" about it. That's what philosophy is. A deeper understanding spoken by somebody who doesn't actually understand it.

The actual people putting those concepts to the test though, that's the important part.

pyrrho

t. brainlets
Philosophy literally helped shaped world like no other form of human activity.

Jordung Pebbleson very wise shaman

Attached: IMG_0279.jpg (1200x1239, 201K)

Dude he was literally before Christ, cut him some slack

It was a hypothetical place like Utopea. He wasn't saying it literally existed somewhere.

Any of the non-lefty existentialists. Schopenhauer, Kierkegaard, Heidegger, Nietzsche. I like Camus and Sartre except for their politics.
I still need to read Guénon and Evola, can't yet form a decent opinion on their capital-T-traditionalism

Adolf Hitler

Ayn Rand and Jesus

Honestly myself.

Attached: 1518867783709.jpg (484x417, 48K)

>radical centrism of thought

>underneath we're all the same
what a retard

I'm the greatest philosopher bar none.

Greater than Solomon.

Alex T. Jones

Smart cookie are you sure its liberalism he is commenting on?

Chomsky called him entirely amoral.

Does his critique reflect the premise of do what thou wilt? Taken to an individualistic extreme.

Surprised Jordan Peterson is afraid of him

Just kidding I'm not surprised.

@realDonaldTrump

No one bothers to mention

Thales

Wittgenstein

Russell

Mussolini

No Plato here?

Someone mentions Aristotle before Plato?

GET A GRIP

He did a lot for Italy.

Bring up existentialism and I will push you face first out of the office

Hate this pompous ass

Anyone that didnt answer this should be booted out of Jow Forums.
Also, Husserl and Louis Lavelle.

I'm going to be doing a doctorate in philosophy

here are my notes
existence of creator based on natural world design
(music helps to transcend this)
60 thousand word essays on topic Philosophy

plato christianity nietzche jung subconscious

Fermis Paradox

Essay

The man is a genius

Attached: YOH3J.jpg (495x331, 14K)

Spengler

Aristotle

Ioseb Stalin

His mother was a literal SERF, he was a bank robber and fugitive, he spent time in Siberian prison camp before the Revolution. Then he became leader of Russia and took Russia from wooden ploughs to nuclear superpower despite all the destruction of World War Two.

Attached: 1480581829486.jpg (850x400, 54K)

You probably never read a philosophy book in your life, i guess. Most philosophers were actually concerned with essential questions that science now tries to take upon. A few of those questions seem very legitimate, for instance:
>what is time?
>what is space?
>what is matter?
>what is the first cause (if any)?
>what is consciousness?

If you ever read Aquinas, for instance, you would realise that all of his arguments are extremely rational and that he was trying to create a system that was able to explain man and the world around him. This bullshit about existential angst is a modern parody of real philsophy when everyone started to become too much of a brainlet to discuss anything other than politics or culture (i.e. french existentialists).

For what reason?

I agree that plenty of modern day intellectuals are pseudo-intellectuals at best repeating the same shit said a thousand times.
That being said, these men essentially invented the scientific method and the human condition. Knowing what we are and what we do is a pretty important question to ask if we want to feel like individuals.

>Husserl
I find his phenomenology interesting but it was one of the catalysts to spawn all of this
>how can you just deny her LIVED EXPERIENCES as a black lesbian muslim disabled transgender womyn
bullshit. I realize this isn't what Husserl had in mind, it's just so fucking tiresome to deal with.

Qui est Francis Bacon? L'homme de lumière.

Science is being tainted by retarded philosophers is all. Philosophy is not science.

Well, actually Husserl was responsible for bringing philosophy back to the aristotelic world view. It is not his fault that a bunch of autist-tier french people started to turn his stuff into existentialist bullshit.
Husserl also was the main guy to refute the stupid transcendetal subjectivism of Descartes by reinforcing the need of Plato's world of ideas as a basis for philosophy. How can you hate on this guy?

Autocrat not philosopher

He was both.

"The writer is the engineer of the human soul," said Joseph Stalin.

Just a Leninist pendant

Oh shut up.

Scientia is Knowledge.

me

sapientia > scientia

So what's the relationship between Hades and Plutocracy?

Sophia numero uno

Actually, it's the other way around. Most scientists are brainlets because they lack in any philosophical training, and thats very easy to prove. They become indocrinated by default in believing that every form of knowledge that cannot be reduced to quantity must be wrong. They often believe in very weird axiomatical claims and 90% of modern students never cared to look into their own methods to understand what the hell they are doing. Also, the best modern book about science and its methods is written by Bernard Lonergan, a fucking theologian.

Wittgenstein

Zeus

Attached: E410B2FD-3750-40D9-997A-2F1BA020ACBA.png (500x424, 278K)

Sargon of Akkad

Hermes

At what point did you grow up and realize that Ricky is a dipshit hack douche and that Karl is smarter and funnier than he ever will be?

I'd roadtrip with Karl across Route 66 and I won't take him to a desert hippie snuggle party.

So your favorite philosopher is Olavo de Carvalho. Should have just said it, to be honeset.

*honest

what about conquering your enemies?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 58K)

>implying that liking Olavo is a bad thing
>implying that I cannot read any philosopher that he recommends even if they are some of the most popular and important names in western thought
youtube.com/watch?v=Kzk2Uaki-Kg

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Machiavelli.

Or Pythagorus

Or...

sob

Immanuel Kant

He may be too cynical for some of the idealists here

Rickys reactions to Karls tidbits are one of the best things ever. Have you heard the old xfm stuff? It's fucking gold.

I love Karls way of thinking. A lot of it seems genuinly profound but comes across as absolutely stupid. It makes it so much better. He's like Philosophy for Dummys

Have you read the 48 Laws of Power?

Never out shine the master

that's one I have yet to master myself.

>>implying
I implied no such thing. He's clearly your main influence.

kierkegaard atm

Nah mate just the prince

True. His line on attacking someone is my favorite philosophical line of all the philosophers I'm familiar with.

>If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.

If you have to hurt someone, hurt them so bad they won't even think about revenge.

Haven't read him but bought two beautiful little hard back books along with beyond good and evil which I have yet to read.

I know he, like Immanuel Kant was fond of a daily constitutional, also I feel with an equal moral genius but we shall see when I delve in.

Which principles of his have stood out to you most of all?

This guy is my legit friend
youtube.com/watch?v=VbsTgf3nmQU
And a chill as fuck philosopher unironically

The 48 Laws of Power are based on the courtier hierarchies as well.

fucken A...I listen to heaps of it on YT...Karl is plain speaking and spot on while Gervais just makes himself look like a cunt trying to rebuke

Based

Sure he is an influence, i did read a lot of what he recommended and a few of the books were extremely good. Im following him for 10+ years and i didnt find any of his books too amusing, but his course on philosophy is definitely great. I dont think his own literary work is very good, but his role as a popularizer of conservative / neo-thomist authors is definitely worthy of your time.
I just dont understand why people get butthurt when you read the stuff Olavo recommends.

The Satanic bible says

If you enter the home of another and the host is rude, then leave.
If someone enters your home and they are rude then destroy them.

he understood christianity for what it truly is ie not a walk in the park, explained perfectly the stupidity of the aesthetics (pleasure seekers), ended up taking on the elite establishment of the day including the complacent church and paid dearly for it with a relentless smear campaign that left him isolated and hated by almost everyone, ie fulfilling the proper role of a true christian

Aesthetics I would not categorise as pleasure seeking but resonance with God.

Dontcha think?

I'm not aware anyone gets butthurt over that. However, it doesn't surprise me that olavettes are compared to drones when you guys fail to mention a single book that he doesn't recommend among your favorites.

Joe Rogan

and i forgot, emphasizing living the truth instead of merely knowing the truth

Wouldnt that be mathematics ?

Beta faggot