The universe is a bland stochastic slate of randomly bouncing balls

The universe is a bland stochastic slate of randomly bouncing balls.

there is no reason for our existence. We are pointless creatures born into a universe that doesn't care whether we exist at all. You are a programmed machine, governed by your hormones and animal impulses. Your consciousness is an illusion.

Prove me wrong?

Attached: 1536234692172.jpg (1024x691, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panpsychism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation
cosmosmagazine.com/physics/a-universe-made-for-me-physics-fine-tuning-and-life
twitter.com/AnonBabble

+1 upvote

>Prove me wrong?
Cant prove a negative OP

2LDR

honestly I bounce inbetween those two states regularly
could be worse

Attached: 1535432407557.gif (181x144, 3.24M)

The fact you believe that yet still haven't killed yourself proves you wrong

Prove yourself right?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panpsychism

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation

blackpill is what happens to a self too durable or in some other way unable to be properly digested but also not given the proper footing to rise above. black-pilled perception is the film residue of your incomplete digestion. it is the withered remains of every self-destruction meme you have had thrown at you and survived.

>Your consciousness is an illusion.

Then the universe is too.

Take some acid. It will make a man out of you, edgy teenage fuck.

This is deep to you?
No shit Sherlock, what are you fifteen and having your first realization about how little you matter? Did it scare you and you think no one knows this?
What's your point?

God is real m8

now this is epic. SCIENCE BITCH!

Accept Christ you pitiful creature.

Attached: (You).gif (240x180, 1.11M)

What the fuck? You need some supreme reason to live? What are you, some pussy?

You'll die pointlessly and be forgotten just like the millions before you have. It's all a matter of time. Nothing you'll ever make or do is important on any real timeline.

It doesn't preclude living or enjoying your short spin here. But why the fuck do people get so hung up on higher meaning?

Is there higher meaning in radioactive decay? Paint drying? Making a sandwich? Things don't need it, you don't need it, nothing does.

>triggered Christ cucks think nihilism is "edgy"
Have fun deluding yourselves.

God is fake prove me wrong

Hold on let me read his mind.

Because Bible
Because miracles yo
Because you can feel it
Because science hasn't explained X edge case yet disregarding it has destroyed every Christian claim it has gone up against in all history ever so far. Surely this one though...

Oh don't forget Bible said so again.

Or we can go with circular reasoning and ranting paragraphs of horseshit that devolve back to one of the above.

> The universe is a bland stochastic slate of randomly bouncing balls.
The parameters of physical constants of the universe are in the infinitesimally small band that allow for life to exist. This is known as the fine tuning problem

cosmosmagazine.com/physics/a-universe-made-for-me-physics-fine-tuning-and-life

Whatever the explanation for this (Cosmological Natural Selection, Intelligent Design, etc.), it is not by any means "a bland stochastic slate of random..."

> there is no reason for our existence

Whether the reason for our existence is that over billions of years of evolution by natural selection our ancestors consistently survived and reproduced while 99.9999% of their contemporaries died, and those billions of years of genetic victory makes composes our DNA, or whether we were designed by God, or by some aliens, or whatever, there is always a reason.

> We are pointless
Our actions literally echo into eternity. Whatever actions you do will have some ripple effect 1000 years from now, and even a million,.

> universe that doesn't care whether we exist at all
That depends on whether or not the universe is conscious. That position is held by many philosophers, scientists, etc., and is a fairly easy conclusion if Cosmological Natural Selection is correct, which is the only non theistic position that explains universal fine tuning.

> You are a programmed machine, governed by your hormones and animal impulses.

Reductive statement. One could build an AI superintelligence that can literally create planets by manipulating atoms directly and contains the entire knowledge of humanity and more, and you could still describe it as a "programmed machine".

Also, genetically altruistic actions demonstrate that their is a conscious layer of self control beyond animal impulses (to survive and reproduce).

> Your consciousness is an illusion.

Then everything is an illusion, which means nothing is an illusion.

OP is an edgy faggot confirmed.

Don't think too hard about life, it's an intentional paradox not meant to be solved. Just live your life, eat well, sleep well, be a faithful lover, live up to your obligations and be excellent to yourself and others. Or you can just kys....choice is yours.

Whats wrong, OP? Got BTFO and now can't say shit?

>Then everything is an illusion, which means nothing is an illusion
There are many logical gaps and rhetorical fallacies in your post, but this is just a complete non sequitur.

Wow this is so epic, NOTHING MATTERS MORTY LOOK IM PICKLE

> many logical gaps and rhetorical fallacies
Then make a coherent argument

> this is just a complete non sequitur.
Not at all.

All conclusions, knowledge, and understanding come from our consciousness. If that consciousness is illusory, then everything stemming from that, including that same conclusion, and any other knowledge of some hypothetical non illusory universe, is as equally illusional as the consciousness that spawned such a thought.

>if a tree falls down in the woods and no one is there to hear it, it didn't really fall or ever exist
"No."

> My entire consciousness is an illusion
> Except for some non illusory reality that my illusory mind has hpyothesized

You start by presenting proof yourself, you fucking twat.

based rareflag poster