Why is Jow Forums against anti-depressants if they genuinely help somebody who used to be on the brink of suicide

Why is Jow Forums against anti-depressants if they genuinely help somebody who used to be on the brink of suicide.
The majority of people benefit from them, some report no change and a small minority feel worse when using them.
I'm not just talking about SSRI's but also Noradrenaline and specific serotonergic antidepressants (NASSAs) and Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs)
Calling Antidepressants a Jewish trick is not an argument.

Attached: mirtaz-30mg.jpg (960x720, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

raypeat.com/articles/articles/serotonin-depression-aggression.shtml
salon.com/2013/03/14/your_tap_water_is_probably_laced_with_anti_depressants_partner/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

natidepressants are drugs. you're not getting better you're just getting high

I'm on anti depressants and they work for me. I'd rather take them than be depressed.

Heroin would make you feel better and be healthier in the long run.

What bullshit, they're not psychoactive drugs, like cocaine or amphetamine.

What are you on? I'm on 30mg Mirtazapine, been on them for about eight months and haven't had any depressive episodes. Probably the best I've had, plus they don't decrease libido like SSRI's do.

>specifically prescribed to alter brain function
>not psychoactive
I think you need to change some dosages

Because I see on daily basis what they do to people. I work in prison and they hand them out like candy.

There are a shitton of people who get addicted to this shit only because they are given them in here when they never needed them in the first place, but it's convienient to take them to escape the bored dome. Just like regular drugs.
Also big Pharma milks the shit out of it and has many doctors in payroll.

they're not as strong but they are still drugs.take more than your allowed prescription and you will feel the effects more visibly. again you aren't feeling better you are just drugged. controlled.

There's way more to it than just opinions about whether or not a person should "rely" on them. The short version is that the drug companies are corrupt as fuck (go figure) and that they lie about their products. In many ways, these drugs work by inhibiting your brain function. "Feeling better" is not a very useful metric. You may feel better, but that's most likely because you feel *less.* They should really only be used short-term in times of crisis, where a person might be at risking of harming themself or others if they don't.

There are other ways and there are better ways. Turns out, the quick fix is no fix at all. Besides, drug companies do their own clinical trials to test the drug before FDA approval and there's no third party there to oversee it, so they can easily get away with fudging numbers and all kinds of stuff. They can do 100 studies where 98 indicate that the drug is unsafe an ineffective, then two studies where they change shit around to make it look safe and effective, then just turn in the results of those two studies to the FDA without reporting the other 98 and the drug gets approved.

The industry is fucked and it hijacked psychiatry decades ago.

Pharmakopoiia is litteraly sorcery, only Jesus is the truth, Lord and savior.

All antidepressant drugs do is bring the serotonin levels up to a normal level, they don't cause people to make wrong decisions or give any sort of 'high'. If a person who was happy took an antidepressant they would have no affect on the person as their serotonin was already at a normal level.

Nobody abuses antidepressants like other prescription drugs. You never hear of people looking to get high by taking a load of Prozac. They don't have any abuse potential and do not work on the reward pathways.

Stop talking about things you have little understanding of, SSRIs act on the same receptors as cocain (namely 5-HT1A) so yes, they are akin to getting high to forget your woes. They're a permanent solution to a temporary problem, once you start taking them you quickly become dependant on them, having to increase dosage to get the same feeling that once would've been achievable without drugs whereas if you'd just worked through whatever issues you might have had at the time and come through the other end of it you not only will return to your former self but be even stronger due to whatever hardship you faced, they do not fix the problem instead they alleviate the symptoms. Sure there may be SOME people out therw that have genuine brain chemistry issues that need addressed but this depression meme is simply a way for (((someone))) to sell their drugs

Its a scam to kill your brains capacity to think. If you want real antidepressants change your diet by eating foods that facilitate the happy chemicals in your brain, Serotonin, Oxytocin and Dopamine and binge overdose on those foods. Just search for 'Seratonin Enriched foods' and you'll get an entire list on what to eat to cure your depression. You'll notice a change in your mood almost instantly, and in a week of dieting, no more symptoms of your depression.

Anti-depressants make societies easily controlled, they're a jewish trick and that's not ever an argument, nor is it meant as one, but a gigantic nose which should give you enough pause to take a deeper look at the subject. Arguments are not the only statements made here, some statements are evidential and some are theoretical, you seem to not understand this and this makes me suspicious that you're about to engage in some level of pilpul. As the pharma-jew is wont to do.
If someone is on the brink of suicide they should make a decision. Become a hero, or become an hero. There is no respectable middle ground. A man should not out of weakness take a pill to avoid making this decision. It's one hundred percent acceptable for that person to choose suicide. We should dismiss suicide prevention as an argument in favor of anti-depressants as weak men bring hard times, we could use far fewer weak men, we should encourage Self-selection for Societal Sanity.

Attached: 440px-Bowl_Of_Hygieia_by_David.svg.png (440x576, 16K)

Cocaine is a very mild serotonin reuptake inhibitor, it works very strongly on dopamine, not serotonin.

depression was a meme up until a couple of decades ago and especially up until the 2000s. things do not go as planned without any bad choices made? exagerate it and get on medicine. kid is having fun? suffering from X ilness, throw him on drugs. when he reaches adolescence he is not as motivated as he should me? throw him on anti depressants it helps.
look in the mirror and end it - go outside, get sunlight, lift, read greek and roman philosophy, get a business haircut and dress with fitting clothes in one or two, max 3 complementary colors. swap the snickers for some sport shoes or boat tipped things. listen to something else than depressing music, get a hobby not a meme shit like traveling and "finding yourself". i for example gone with learning all romance languages as perfect as i can among other things. get a pet to interact with another living being. take some minerals if you crave pills like mg and zn, throw in some vit d3 during winter.
read and understand how many grand things your ancestors did and how much honor they've gained from them.
the only obstacle is your mind. just as the body breaks every limit when in exceptional situation, so can the mind. also, stop being an atheist or larper faggot and you will also set your soul at ease.

Hence I said 'namely' 5-HT1A, I'm well aware it's not the sole receptor so this refutes nothing.

Dunno about that, I was on 75mg of mirtizipine and lost all my personality

75mg is a huge dose, the maximum they will ever give you is 45mg. Why were you on such a high dose?

when i found the one that worked i ended up cuckolding married jewish couples.
when i stopped using them my libido vanished and I don't care about sex or women anymore

L-Dopa? Methylphenidat? Venlafaxin? D-Amphetamin?

Probably cause I was ready to off myself and no other depressant worked. Been on them for 6 years and would do anything not too need them

The problem is fuck tons of people take them when it's not even close to necessary. If you have a literal and significant chemical/endorphin imbalance in your brain then fine... see a doctor and get treatment. However, people take medications for depression simply because they are sad. If you have a bad breakup or a family member dies you don't need fucking medication. Tons of people take these medications just because it's a meme, they don't feel great, doctors push it, etc.
My sister's roommate is on anti-depressants because a friend of hers died in an accident and she didn't do well at university and felt sad about it. She also HAS HER FUCKING CAT ON PROZAC. HER CAT... which is apparently common (seriously look it up). Shit happens, sometimes it's sad, you don't need fucking drugs.,
Tons of these medications also have horrendous side effects. Some of them cause withdrawals. Some of them zombify people.
People want to zonk themselves out because their lives aren't incredible, they don't have huge social media followings, they aren't rich etc. It's a serious problem and doctors along with pharmaceutical companies are getting rich by exploiting people who have no genuine need for drugs.

Attached: 1528590063500.jpg (1024x765, 147K)

Might I be so bold as to suggest mushrooms? I'd suggest you do a massive amount of research beforehand and I'd strongly advise having someone that you trust with your life present to watch over you, give you some grounding in reality. Research should start on shroomery and erowid, they're currently doing clincal trials in london too, perhaps worth a shot.

When I took these
>headaches all the time
>stomachaches all the time
>hallucinated spiders at least two times
>suicidal thoughts
>became more depressed and anxious than I was before them
>felt like the marrow was being sucked from my bones at all times
>felt like I was having poisoning from consuming too much sugar at all times

Prozak alleviated my anxiety and helped me get a job, adapt to a new place and get into it.
I got a good and lucrative job with high resposibbility and nobody to ask for help.

I almost got kicked out because I was scared of responsibility and didn't know what to do, I'm handling aircraft parts that cost 10 times my net worth, shipping, recieving and filling paperwork alone at night.

With prozak I got confident, pretty much fearless started just doing my job and making decision no fucks given.
I also got into gym and lost virginity all thank to Prozak.

I tried mirt, 15 mg made me extremely sleepy and hungry, 30 mg did absolutey nothing for me except an urge to kill myself after i discontinued it.

you are weak men. I'm sorry to say it but it's true. you should be able to do all that without drugs. take away the substance and you are back to the original weak state. embrace pain. it will help you grow

Prozak helped me take that step in my life, now I'm better and I dont need the pills anymore. Currently I have a job, attend gym, go out whoring and pursue my hobbies without any pills.

I only took it for one month and it allowed me get up on my feet and stand on my own.

Another angle to look at is from is this, you're doing a disservice to your children by relying on these chemical crutches. You have no idea what effects they might have on an epigenetic level and we likely won't know for some time due to this being a boogyman of a scientific field as it may lead some to consider the implications of the welfare state coming to conclusions such as perhaps it isn't wise to allow the dregs of society to be rewarded for shitting out kids or even further, perhaps some people are better off not breeding at all. The tldr basically being in absence of an actual chemical imbalance suck it up buttercup, life isn't all sunshine and roses.

I suppose you think it's 'weak' if someone is bi-polar and has to take mood stabilisers, or a schizophrenic having to take antipsychotics is 'weak'.

yes, the bipolar is a weakling. the schizo must take his meds, he has an actual psyhiatric condition. he should opt out of breeding though, because schizophrenia is hereditary

Yes, they are weak as their genetics/environment has caused them to be defective. I know that may tickle your sensibilities but please do try consider it rationally. This doesn't mean they should be dehumanized nor shoved into an oven, you can still be empathetic towards them and help them in whatever way possible especially if it's a family member but this doesn't change the reality of it.

You are one edgy cunt if you think mentally ill people shouldn't be able to get treatment

So you're saying the schizo has to learn to fight off hearing the voices in his head that say "Kill kill kill" rather than take medication? Or a bi-polar is having a manic episode, playing loud music at 4am or dancing on the roof of a tall building, putting their life, or somebody else's in danger.
>"We should just leave them to sort themselves out, I don't care, they're weak"

Nice strawman faggot, I said nothing of the sort. If they have a genuine mental illness then they should seak treatment, I'm for this. That doesn't disqualify ANYTHING I've said, they are still defective, they are still weak genetically.

Did you even read his post? He pretty much stated the opposite/

Sorry I was meant to reply to him

I agree with what you're saying, but have you noticed how most creative people are mentally ill? Stable people who are very smart are often not particularly artistic or creative. So unstable people are often quite useful for society, problem is they aren't good planners.

I said the schizo MUST take his medication because that is a real mental disorder. the bipolar needs a good smacking over the face till he stops having manic episodes. he should have some sense beaten into him or otherwise he should be too afraid to trow a fit in public for fear of a smacking

Attached: 1522788295920.png (890x768, 241K)

I'd have to disagree honestly, while it can be said that a majority of artists are dysfunctional in one way or another genetic illnesses such as schizophrenia should be removed from the gene pool for the betterment of society as a whole, the value in doing so far outweighs whatever value they may provide as individuals imo

fucking reddit tier bullshit

I will never take the meds unless you hold me down and inject you can fuck off with your kike poison

You're an absolute bloody moron.

>Prozac
>one month
You got placebo'd. Prozac starts to work in not less than 4-6 weeks.

>hurr durr being addicted makes you weak
I see no problem with incorporating drugs into your biochemistry if it will make you more strong and fit, given that result intake will be stable.
Consider it part of the evolution. You depend on air, food, water. It is only matter of time when new resource would be required for advanced agent to exist. Religiously clinging to your current layer of existence is weakness in itself.

>Consider it part of the evolution.
it's called evolution if your body naturally produces the chemicals and you don't have to carry a vat of (((branded chemicals)))TM around with you just to avoid breaking into a psychotic episode

Attached: virgin-transhuman-vs-chad-overman.jpg (960x401, 100K)

>genetically defective

I love pseudo intellectual bullshit

lol at all the britcucks who have to take mind-numbing chemicals because they live in the most dystopian hellhole of the world outside of north korea

raypeat.com/articles/articles/serotonin-depression-aggression.shtml

Because mirtazapine is a dirty drug with unnecessary and potent h1 antagonism which induces metabolic syndrome in most people.
It alters the way your body metabolises glucose.

Another issue with discussions like this is the over-diagnosis of various mental issues, I view depression as a symptom of an illness but not one in and of itself. You can be depressed due to your serotonin receptors burning out or perhaps not having enough of them and THAT is the illness. Simply being 'depressed' with no other cause is a natural human phenomenon and is most likely a byproduct of your actions in day to day life. Eat like shit, have 0 ambition or goals and don't workout regularly? No shit you're going to be 'depressed', you've strayed from the path of your nature and in doing so felt the consequences, this isn't a problem it's actually a good thing. Modern society does all it can do draw us away from our nature and it's our job to resist that not only for ourselves but for future generations, cities are akin to hamster cages; food and water gets dropped in, waste and sewage gets taken out. That simply isn't natural and it isn't the only issue but one of many.

Yes because having a genetically heritable illness doesn't make your defective, gas yourself kike

your genes* phoneposting :/

>genuinely help somebody who used to be on the brink of suicide.
>this is a good thing

I do believe some people need them.
what I DON'T believe is giving anti depressants out like its candy.

They're not that easy to get, not like Jow Forums would want you to believe. You can't just go to the doctors and say I'm feeling low, my marriage is falling apart etc. It's usually after repeated visits to the doctors or having a history of depression from your teen years.
I think it's easier in the US to get pills, I've heard it's quite easy to be prescribed benzodiazepines, whereas over here they are usually very strict about giving those out.

Depression is a time to fully get to know who you are, ask questions about life. Its where you find whats worth fighting for. The reason why you are doing anything at all. Where are we heading, whats the meaning of life. This is an important process in ones life. You can't run from the truth, Those that run only increase the pain in thew future. There is no magic pill fix, only consequences in the future for taking the easy path in life. Consequences for you, maybe ur offspring and ur society.

Depression is a time when action needs to happen. We are social creatures, we are creators, we are helpers. When we try to replace these with man made creations, we have problems. Instead of learning how to behave in the world to get these basic human emotions, we fight the learning process with pleasure. When the body is pleasured we think everything is okay without worries. We tend not to plan for the future. So imagine a spectrum of pleasure one can experience now days. The highest the pleasure, the more we'll avoid planning for the future, this debt will collect and eventually need to be paid. The more we avoid, the heavier the debt.

Ultimately like religion teaches and what is natural. We need to learn how to love each other. Depressed people should have to earn refilling their serotonin cup via acts of kindness. No matter what you are feeling, how low you are. If you go help someone, or go out of comfort zone to volunteer to help the homeless. You'll release serotonin. There is where we have fallen as a society. We set standards no where close of our nature.

That's entirely subjective mate, one of my old friends got his after 4gp appointment and he'd not been for anything beyond the flu beforehand.

I agree entirely, this is why I advocate mushrooms to those that dare. They allow for a level of introspection that is simply unparalleled in any other way within a reasonable timeframe, they're as natural as can be and for the most part entirely safe when done correctly.

If your depressed it means you need to change something in your life. All anti-depressants do is allow you to continue doing the life style thats causing you to be depressed int he first place while also killing any other possible emotions you could have.

>Why is Jow Forums against anti-depressants
No one is against the delicious Mithridates that are anti-depressants.

Swallow / suppository stuff away, my gormless little z̶o̶m̶b̶i̶e̶ goy.

Attached: white_pills.jpg (501x585, 120K)

>They're not that easy to get
That's not true at all. Aside from benzos, amphetamines, opioid pain killers and a few other things it's extremely easy to get anything you want.
Getting an antidepressant is as simple as asking a gp for it, saying you're currently prescribed and need a new prescription.
t. Professional doctor shopper

Attached: pharms_.jpg (2969x2227, 893K)

I did change, I started going to church, wasn't really enjoying it and was still miserable. Started taking mitazapine then I went to the gym 3-4 days a week, exercise is excellent for stress. Cut down on my booze and started eating better, felt pretty good.
Now the weather is getting colder I've not had as much energy so Im only going to the gym 1-2 times a week now, but I've got into my photography hobby again. Problem is I'm not seeing people, except for work and I've started drinking nearly every night for the past few weeks.
I went on a date a few weeks ago but I don't have any urge to be in a relationship with anyone, I'm always alone. Is this bad?

all of these medications are trash

you are wrong its easy to get benzos and amphetamines

You're weak willed user, sorry to break it to you. The fact that you were drinking while being "depressed" is pathetic and shows that your priorities weren't in order and yet you continue the habit to this day. Exercise is great for a multitude of reasons but it's but a piece of the puzzle, the foundation of a great life if you will. Hobbies, pursuit of knowledge, having ambition and goals to aim towards etc... are some of the other pieces but you will know best what's missing from your life and what must be removed, all you have to do in look inwards rationally. Solitude isn't negative nor positive, it's what you make of it that differentiates the two, you can be alone but not lonely just as you can be surrounded by people and lonely.

>you are wrong its easy to get benzos and amphetamines
how

You don't know how much I envy you Americans and your easy access.
This was just what I had in the box under the bed to make a point that antidepressants are easy to get.
Not shown was all the Xanax, valium and oxys that I've mostly sold out of.
I'm prescribed 40mg of dexamphetamine a day which is much nicer than the partial levoamphetamine mix in adderall and nets me an easy $1000 a month

My question is, is drinking really that bad so long as it isn''t affecting your mental well being, I'm not depressed atm, but I don't know what do do about the future. I've got useless qualifications and I just don't have any plans.

only thing worth anything is the pregablin. In jail they sell for half oz burn per 150mg
I take gabapentin occasionally for a laugh and take prob 10-15 at once. nice floaty stumbly feeling.
I was a benzo abuser for years so docs are weary of even giving me sertraline atm. I'm self medicating my anxiety symptoms with weed n methadone. Nothing else works aside of benzo's

Attached: mmmmpgtips.jpg (1007x768, 62K)

was getting some food from local shops and heard some junkies talking about Gabba-pentin? (not spelled correctly) Heard the guy say he had 600 to sell. llol

sell me some bro. xanax

yea 600mg, love threads that im knowledgeable

The way to fix depression ought to be to fix society.

We WANT disgruntled, frustrated, unhappy people to use their unhappiness as an impetus to fix the world.
Anti-depressants are just a way to ignore the problems we're creating and it makes everything worse in the long run.

Because men are supposed to do physical work to feel good, not sit on their asses and do drugs

yes drinking is terrible for you.

ok, was a fuckin smack head for years.decided enough was enough. went and became a chef. life was still shit. The key to happiness is friends that want to spend time with you, doing things to talk about in the future

>chef
>physical work
yeah wow
go do manual plowing or something retard

That's ultimately a personal choice, I drink from whisky from time to time but reserve it for special occasions like my birthday, newyears etc... It is harmful? Yes but it's a calculated decision I've made, it's not just for mindless hedonistic indulgence but to mark a special day and bond with those around me. Let me ask you this, if you were to commit to sobriety for the rest of your life would that positively or negatively impact you? I think we both know the answer to that, I'm no purist but do what is right by yourself, be ruthless and objective in doing so. If "depression" is something you find yourself slipping in and out of then you aren't fixing the problem but merely jumping from one escapism to another, the problem still remains and it will have a root. As to the future, if you don't have goals then you've nothing to reference and measure your progress by you're simply drifting through time, which is your most valuable resource. I went to college for compsci and did extremely well, left with an internship for web development at a publishing firm and things were going good but I decided that wasn't the life I wanted to live, being an office drone surrounded by women and numales so I packed my shit and headed north to get the required quals to join fishing boats as I've always had a love for the sea. I intend to join the royal marines within the coming year (to die for our greatest ally hue) for the adventure, brotherhood and action. The point in me saying all this is that you must aim for something even if you're unsure that's what you actually want, you'll figure that out in due time but if you aim for nothing you'll become nothing.

Although judging by this post my time typing this up was wasted, you're a degenerate.

At least he has a job, unlike most of the NEETS on here.

>be jew (or part of the ruling elite class otherwise)
>completely fuck up society
>people begin to feel like shit
>sell them the solution at their expense

Anti-depressants are 100% the most evil scam in existence

yes but you need to be fit to feel good. not just have a job. friends are cool, but they are not what makes you actually feel good

If you place your happiness in the hands of others you're doomed to failure from the get go. All you need to achive happiness is located within yourself, you just need to search for it. Read meditations by marcus aurelius and get your shit sorted, then continue with the greeks.

DO these chemicals from the drugs get into the water supply? like when you piss in the toilet will these types of drugs be cleaned from the water supply? is that even feasible? always wondered.

I started reading Marcus but he tolerates the buggering of small boys by men so I dropped it.

>DO these chemicals from the drugs get into the water supply? like when you piss in the toilet will these types of drugs be cleaned from the water supply? is that even feasible? always wondered.

They are in the water supply

that is true, but many people end up being inactive since childhood, and they never find out why they feel bad. they just live with feeling bad and doing drugs. easy cash for the industry

I believe that's called throwing the baby out with the bathwater, it's one of the few books I return to bi-yearly and for good reason.

Attached: jfunk3.jpg (1920x2268, 1.42M)

hi Alex how much are those water filters?

care to go into detail user? all that cleaning bleach, shampoo, girl's Pill. surely its cleaned from the water?

Anything that's renally excreted will end up in the toilet when you piss

4-6 weeks is the entire recommended course duration which is supposed to treat a depressive disorder. It doesn't start acting in 4 weeks, you're supposed to get well and stop taking it in 4 weeks.

Prozac gets me legitimately manic on in 2 or 3 days.

I took it twice.
First time it was one hell of a ride, then after two weeks it started to go away I upped the dosage and crashed horribly the next week was nothing but intense suffering.

salon.com/2013/03/14/your_tap_water_is_probably_laced_with_anti_depressants_partner/

There are so many fat kids nowadays.

you're damn right

60 hour weeks running around a busy kitchen burns more calories than you'd think. In my younger days I did fencing and landscaping which was better for the fitness it was still shit.

I dont have any friends since I came out of prison. They're all selfish cunts anyway, once upon a time I was quite active and went around England working and finding decent days out they were good times n then we got older had some got wives n shit.

I'm still looking to get some xanax though bro........

>good goy dont actually fix your problems just drug yourself

You're a lost cause mate, enjoy the next few years of degenerate hedonism before it inevitably ends up in you swinging from your neck or ODing on smack.

>ODing on smack

Fun times, its like you know me personally. mate

I take 20mg of escitalopram a day. Started this about six months ago. Never makes me feel high. I don't mix it with alcohol (I've drank maybe twice since starting it). I'm no longer feeling the constant sense of dread and tightness in my shoulders I remember having throughout my life. My temper is a lot more even and not so quick to flash hot since I'm no longer in a constant state of anxiety. Only other med I'm taking is naproxen sodium for my arthritis.

I agree though that a lot of these meds get over-prescribed. I'm still amazed that I came out of surgery last year after having my leg snapped in half without an opiate addiction. Getting that shit injected was like getting hugged by angel.