Why do gun owners want silencers legalized? They can decrease the sound of a discharge by 90%-97%...

Why do gun owners want silencers legalized? They can decrease the sound of a discharge by 90%-97%. Why should people be allowed to have an almost silent discharge?

Attached: log-scale.png (300x239, 15K)

This is shit b8.

>that id
>Cuck's Gate
AHAHAH

Because EEEEEeeeeeeeeeEEEee

Wrong, faggot.

It really decreases it by around 50%. Which is the critical reduction range to prevent hearing loss - which allows you to shoot guns without retard-level hearing protection.

why should someone defending their home be forced to suffer hearing loss because of your unjustifiable panic?
no one uses silencers to commit crime.

So they don't fuck up their ears shooting gud bois who didn't do nothin and wuz just stealin for college

Why do car owners want mufflers legalized? They can decrease the sound of an engine by 90%-97%. Why should people be allowed to have an almost silent drive?

because I don't want the nogs keeping me up at night while they murder each other? some of us have to work in the morning.

No it decreases the sound pressure by 90%-95% by all official sources.

>t. never used a suppressor

How much does a suppressor take off?

Because the original reason they were restricted in the first place isn't an issue anymore

>used to poach cattle from ranches

So that the shooter and the shooters friends don’t lose their hearing. 97% is bullshit unless you’re pushing a subsonic pill and most subsonic ammunition renders a semi-automatic firearm a single shot firearm. Exceptions include .300 BLK which was designed to be a suppressed subsonic round that can still cycle the action on a semi-automatic firearm.
Question for you, why were suppressors banned in the first place? The answer might surprise you.

Reduces noise pollution which is good for the environment, animals in nature, and people who live nearby. Some European countries RECOMMEND silencers for hunters to help reduce noise pollution and they are not banned in those nations.

I am sorry but I only get leftist sources when searching "why are suppressors illegal". Is there a source you can link me to?

Austria just published a reform of gun laws yesterday and in that reform suppressors are generally legalized. It protects one’s hearing and your hunting dog’s hearing and also puts a lot less stress on the animals in the forrest.

Attached: 6581A46F-3EE5-4E1E-B918-8BE92D0993AC.jpg (1200x832, 255K)

Suppressed guns are still loud as fuck. They are just under the threshold of hearing damage. Most are considered "hearing safe", not quiet. A suppressed 9mm is still like 130 decibels. My smoke alarm for my house is 90 decibels...

>silencer
>Almost no sound
Gr8 b8 m8

Now calculate those in sound pressure.

>silencers
suppressors

kys baiting faggot.
Don't bump this thread, retards.