How was this interracial relationship acceptable in the 50s?

Wouldn't Arnaz be a nonwhite by 50s standards?

Attached: 800px-Lucille_Ball_and_Desi_Arnaz_1955.jpg (800x1071, 250K)

No a lot of Hispanics were considered white back then.

No. If anything he’d only be non-white by today’s standards (because he’s from a Latin American country even though he was clearly European.)

Arnaz was Cuban(european). He was white.

El monstruo...

white guy. look at race on a macro level. micro level is just pointless arguments and hair splitting.

Almost white hispanics were kind of a grey area back then.

He was cuban, and by no means was considered white.
This show was more about Lucy than anyone else on it anyways.

Would you consider mark down these Filipino men as ‘Asian’ instead of ‘white’ on a form purely because they come from an Asian country even though they are clearly of Spanish descent?

Attached: 6426F998-B676-47CF-850C-DC50B8FFF363.jpg (415x416, 33K)

Desi was Cuban and the show helped propagate getting cubans into America to marry white women. Fidel hated the show for reflecting the glory of America.

He got a pass for looking like a spanish speaking white guy dealing with women shenanigans all men could relate to.

Yes, this is why CBS almost turned it down. Until Ball and Arnaz took their vaudeville act on the road and got rave reviews, and ABC and DuMont started showing interest. Then CBS decided to pick up the show.

Looks like an Italian

>looking like a spanish speaking white guy
He was a Spanish speaking white guy. And that’s like saying English speaking white guy. Spanish is an Indo-European white language.

Reminder this show is garbage and had the absolute worst influence on culture.

Attached: Spurback.jpg (322x450, 26K)

Puerto ricans were an experiment by the government

America is supposed to be a nation of white immigrants. Ricky Ricardo passes the eyeball test, the only one that matters.

No less white than an Italian or Greek.

he was spanish-cuban, not african-cuban
the whole cuban schtick was to amplify the humor. if he was a boring anglo who spoke perfect english there would be less funnies.

also, the smart thing "modern family" did was reverse the raced-genders so that basically ricky is now the hot colombian wife who also has a lucy voice. the silly somewhat nasal lucy voice is what makes a female character "pop". look at how well married with children and the nanny did. both have somewhat sexual but nasally-voiced actresses getting into hijinks. same goes for lucy and modern family.

ricky was not considered white back then but would be 100% considered white today as long as he speaks english. the legal and police system would classify him as white if he were to commit a crime.

even mexicans are considered white in FBI crime stats now.

Hispanic wasn't even a separate ethnic group until the 1960s.

This, the jews brought in the low IQ Hispanics. Hispanics like this were more American and have been in this land longer then the Irish, Italians and Germans.

Guys, you should trust other people. They always have our best interest at heart.

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

He looked white enough on black & white television. Also a lot of male viewers probably emphasized with him whenever Lucy fucked something up.

European... no he was Cuban. Far from Europe.

What would he have been considered then? Certainly exotic, but not non-white.

European descent. Obviously.

There was also an assumption that the Hispanics we were letting in were actually white, immigration authorities would turn down goblins and indios

If Arnez was really a metizo, he would have been so tired from beating Lucy for all the dumb shit she was doing, that he'd have been to tired to lead the band.

Literally white. The humor was linguistic, not racial.

Exactly.

Desi Arnaz is 100% spanish white. Fuck off with the divide and conquer "x isn't white" subversion, kike.

My test for whiteness is this: I think of a natural redhead. Then I picture person is question having sex with her. If I'm okay with it, the guy's white. So, for example, Fassbender fucking Jessica Chastain is erotic. But Jeffrey Wright doing it with her, makes me nuts. So... Said guy looks like a Tanned Med to me. I'm paler, but the two of them together don't bother me, therefore he's white.

she's not white, she's just like him, a fucking
mutt. they both have nigger genes and white
genes and when they age is when the nigger
genes come out. lucy died with a bulb nose
she was young and didn't have it, this is
the sign of race mixed genes. wolves in
sheeps clothing niggers with white skin,
just look at that fucking fat fuck william
shitner, he looked white when he was
young and had white features. now that
he is old and his shem dna has taken
over, he looks like a pig and his features
have gone from sharp to bland round.

spot your fakes morons.

European becuase his ancestor were European. Unlike your 56% mutt self.

they slept in separate beds.
must have been another immagewlut contraption.

elaborate

So if a white person is born in South africa is he suddenly not white? Fucking Jew

Guess things weren't as bad as your sociology professor said, eh?

in the 50s or 60s there were not 20 million beanbags in America coloring peoples view of Latinos. He was white.

Not really. There were more Americans living in Cuba than the reverse at the time, so quite a big white population. And Cubans are still fairly white compared to Puerto Ricans or Dominicans.

I know.

I think it’s a German/french thing desu

Latin Americans are white.

Attached: 1527547884358.png (800x747, 218K)