What happened to Celts?

Why did the Celtic peoples crumble so easily against Mediterranean and Germanic invaders?

Attached: celts.png (1323x883, 588K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dEQsM4SApQs
youtube.com/watch?v=fIhzBCZyByo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Buzzy drawing shit in blue paint.

Turns out armour>paint

Why do you limeys make the worst fucking cuntish annoying memes?

Their druids ran out of mana.

'ate gathering
'ate cupping hands to drink liquid

Luv ceramic drinking vessels
Simple as

Attached: Beaker FC.jpg (215x268, 25K)

Come on then you cunt.

Attached: celtmass.png (1366x768, 286K)

oi you got a loisence for that blue paint?

Attached: 9BA6BCA1-7404-4ECA-853A-D35B31E65DD8.png (400x370, 166K)

Attached: 1538759057802.png (1474x1195, 711K)

they elected Celtic Trump

Okay Satan.
But Trump is Germanic.

Attached: celts.png (1730x748, 157K)

Which Celts?

It took the Romans 200 years to subdue those in Iberia, and it could be argued that they never fully succeeded with the Astures and Cantabri. When the Teutons and Cimbri decided to cross the Pyrenees into the Peninsula, they were crushed by a confederation of Celtiberians and promptly returned north with their tails between their legs.

Attached: 08f335855ca2a386d385aebe776065e4.jpg (486x651, 44K)

He's actually half and half

Infighting.

Yeah but those same Iberian Celts got BTFO by Muslims

They did? It was the Visigoths that got BTFO and then the native Iberians which proceeded to reconquer, quite literally, the entire Iberian Peninsula.

You mean the vandals? You know those guys that marched on to Tunesia?

Bong is mad

Judging by current day celts: too much alcohol and shittalking.

Someone post the guy asking to work on hadrians wall

>marched on Tunisia
That's on odd way of saying "Got smacked so hard by the Visigoths that they fled for their lives to North Africa only to then stage an abortive attempt to retake the land they lost."

And, no, I don't mean the Vandals. The events I'm referring to happened during the Republic and early Empire when the Vandals were still skulking about beyond the Rhenus.

somebody make a norg of this

Attached: p0dTZ78.jpg (1280x1732, 398K)

'tis an saxon 'ate thread what it is, mods delete this shite

Problem of the world it's that you all believe celts were only in the nowadays UK, Ireland...

Visigothic nobles founded the Kingdom of Asturias and started the reconquista.

Later tradition. The first mention of D. Pelagius being a Visigoth comes a century after his death and modern scholars (like the preeminent Garcia Moreno) pretty much reject this as an attempt to legitimise the Pelagian dynasty by tying it to the nobility of the Regnum Visigothorum. Most likely, Pelagius was either local Astur nobility or even a bandit, being that the Asturians and Cantabrians since Roman times were infamous for being mountain-dwelling raiders and robbers.

Almost the entire Visigothic population that survived the coup against Roderic (many were slaughtered by Roderic's opposing faction, the Witizans) almost immediately converted to Islam and were granted generous estates and positions in the bureaucracy by ibn Musa (Payne estimates that ~3,000 estates were granted to the Visigoths by the Muslims in the first 5 years of the "conquest").

I thought the painted ones were from the north and they were not conquered, that the southern population painted themselves with oranges and browns not blues like the north

??

as someone who studies euro history from nords to celts this is fucking great

kek. So you think modern Spanish historians wouldn't have biases to claim Pelagius was Iberio-Roman? Do you think Visigothic Christian nobility wouldn't also flee to remote mountainous regions? It's always common for a portion of an ethnos to convert to a new religion/rulings class, and another portion to flee. Visigoths were the first people to ever unite Spain and for that matter Iberia into a single polity.

Attached: 1536704599954.png (1918x734, 508K)

Love t'circus me.
Go on Ngubu! Stab 'im up!

Attached: 1536702202918.png (1153x592, 64K)

Not enough warriors assembled when the toot tooted.

Attached: PictFCToot.png (749x1010, 99K)

Attached: 1536709570917.png (2760x720, 185K)

Filthy Anglos degrading their Celt ancestors. Typical.

Attached: romans lol.png (171x192, 90K)

youtu.be/dEQsM4SApQs

TOOOOOT!

Attached: tootmeupinside.png (4408x1068, 1.81M)

What does this meme mean

>raids your oppidum
>steals your torc
>decapitates you
>preserves your head
>sips mead

Attached: PictFlag.jpg (749x921, 135K)

Not modern ones but Roma ones told marvelous things about our celtics. Even copied a lot of war strategies and weapons...

>Crumble

Nigger, the Romans had to make a wall clear across Britain to stop the Celts. And even then it was unsustainable.

What cucked the British was Christianity. After the fall of Rome they were living high on the hog and went soft.

But the Celts - my ancestors - held back the fury of Rome for centuries. Even Julius Caesar got BTFO by them.

A single Celtic Queen killed something like 100,000 Romans.

>So you think modern Spanish historians wouldn't have biases to claim Pelagius was Iberio-Roman?
I think serious historians would be more interested in getting to the truth of the matter. The aforesaid Garcia Moreno has spent his entire career studying the Visigoths such that he has become the chief visigodist and probably the most important authority on the subject in at least the past century. If anyone would want to reaffirm the theory of the Visigothic origin of Pelagius, it should be him.

>Do you think Visigothic Christian nobility wouldn't also flee to remote mountainous regions?
Seems unlikely. The ones who would have a mind to do that would have been the Rodericans, but: (1) Roderic was killed at Guadalete; and (2) Almost all of his supporters as far as we can tell were exterminated by the Witizans at Toledo before the gates were thrown open to ibn Ziyad. The surviving Visigoths were overwhelmingly of the Witizan camp, and being that they literally invited ibn Ziyad's Berbers over to serve as mercenaries in their coup against Roderic and served loyally as cooperators to ibn Ziyad and ibn Musa, they had nothing to lose and everything to gain by staying put. In fact, as mentioned, they profited enormously from their labours.

Garcia Moreno has also written that there is quite literally 0 evidence for anyone having fled to the Cantabrian range in the immediate aftermath of 711. It's a supposition people have that has no obvious basis in reality.

>Visigoths were the first people to ever unite Spain and for that matter Iberia into a single polity.
They didn't, though. The Visigoths never managed to bring the Vascones under the yoke. Their grasp on the Cantabrian range was also incredibly tenuous at best. What the Visigoths managed to do was establish an incredibly unstable rule, often by cruelty and rapacious greed, over the natives who were already accustomed to being ruled by foreign polities after centuries of being Rome's westernmost wing.

Come on dude, it's pretty funny

lush :)

Actually the Druids were deliberately targeted and genocided by the Romans.

a reference to the fact that England is being paved over to make way for shitty poorly made houses and that people want to live in them.

In this one it's the fact that the Pict/celt wants to go live in a shitty roman house rather than his idyllic country existence.

Do not disturb my circles, celt

Never forget the Angleseycaust

Attached: celtdrood.png (1056x1032, 123K)

That's because the Jews sabotaged their defences and opened the gates to the Muzzies.

ITT: Incel Beta Roman bootlickers that would’ve had their heads chopped off for talking shit by based and redpilled alpha chad celts.

EXPLAIN. I don't get it!

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (800x800, 142K)

Attached: PictFCShield.jpg (845x1033, 190K)

Attached: 4529E565-66D0-40D4-BFC4-1A93D7A680F2.jpg (656x929, 152K)

Ah, makes sense. Yeah that's a good meme tbqwy

The Mystery of the Druids

Attached: 1134874364-00.jpg (800x684, 94K)

They are in Austria and Switzerland now.

*Blocks your path*
What did ya call me, med boi??

Attached: B53B8D66-5F27-42D0-B5C9-BB12135CD976.jpg (1009x560, 188K)

Scotland did okay. Ireland which was run by Scandinavians got rekt

>Celts now.

youtube.com/watch?v=fIhzBCZyByo

>The aforesaid Garcia Moreno has spent his entire career studying the Visigoths such that he has become the chief visigodist and probably the most important authority on the subject in at least the past century. If anyone would want to reaffirm the theory of the Visigothic origin of Pelagius, it should be him.
Argument from authority.

>The ones who would have a mind to do that would have been the Rodericans ... etc.
It's very silly to say that all the Visigoths died or were converted in one campaign. The entirety of Iberia was ruled by them. Its not farfetched at all that Visigothic nobility would survive in remote parts of the peninsula. All the evidence is textual. Moreno is supposing almost entirely, just as we are.

>Garcia Moreno has also written that there is quite literally 0 evidence for anyone having fled to the Cantabrian range in the immediate aftermath of 711.
What is the evidence? There is no written evidence of that or the alternative. We only have evidence of the people who wrote close to the time of the events. There's no reason for historians to randomly claim the Kingdom of Asturias had a Visigothic nobility.

Someone please post the boat saxon meme.

Regarding my last point: it's no coincidence that the native population didn't stand to defend the Goths at all. The Goths were aloof, miserable masters and one of the reasons why Islam spread so fast in Iberia after 711 is very likely because many regarded the Moors as liberators after decades of being reduced to serfdom, whereas the Witizans converted quite obviously for self-gain.

I don't think people realise just how shit the Visigoths were at pretty much everything. They were most famous for being incapable of establishing anything resembling a stable monarchy, such that regicide, patricide, fratricide, civil war, coups d'etat, etc. became practically yearly occurrences and the rest of Latin Europe came to call such instability in their own territory the morbus gothorum, "the disease of the Goths". Their most famous legacy in Iberia was imprudently asking for help from ibn Ziyad in yet another coup which directly, demonstrably led to centuries of occupation by the Moors and very nearly could have created a permanent Islamic foothold in Europe were it not for the hard and noble labour of Iberians in kicking this alien religion out of their land.

They were killed by the Anglo-Saxons.

Attached: EYE (2).jpg (3263x2447, 1.03M)

haha who taught you history? The Romans got tired of them not wanting to participate, they kept rebelling so the Romans sealed them off and said fuck you guys then. There was nothing of worth for the Romans in Scotland, The only benefit would have been in the Scott's favor via trade with the Romans.

Attached: ingui frey.jpg (538x719, 355K)

>Shirtless
Kek fucking retards. The battlefields must have been so gorey from these idiots getting disemboweled so easily.

>Ireland which was run by Scandinavians got rekt
Vikings didn't land in Ireland until about 800 AD. Even then, they were confined to the Pale and Waterford.

Fucking yankee education, I swear.

t. Irishman abroad

wtf is wrong with his ear? gross

>Has never seen a califlowered ear
It happens to wrestlers, this happens when they wrestle a lot and the friction and roughing up of their ears constantly break cartilage, which always grows back somewhat stronger and bonier

>They got tired of the Rebellions, so they withdrew and walled off the area they couldn't conquer

Sounds like an insurgent victory to me.

Also, Roman influence in Brittania was always based on bribery and trade, rather than military force.

Their massive fuckup with the Iceni proved that. Keep the locals happy or get your shit pushed in.

There was little else of Importance outside of those areas

>Be celt
>Reign from north england to iberia
>slowely get replaced by germanics and meds
>majority of langauge died out
>only a few hold outs in britian and france
Classic

Attached: file.png (316x540, 95K)

Interesting posts... What do you make of the alleged Jewish role in the conquest of Iberia? I don't know much of Jewish history pre-reconquista.

>More wojak variants

What the fuck happened to OC on this site? The more reliant you are on just one aspect, easier you'll be manipulated.

Attached: Untitled90.png (1067x598, 37K)

You argument involved Vikings landing in Ireland 800 years after the Romans arrived in Britain, not anything to do with the Viking settlements.

Go back to wallowing in your ignorance.

>Argument from authority.
I'm glad to see you have no respect for actual authorities on this subject and are more concerned with advancing you own, vastly inferior opinions and feelings.

>It's very silly to say that all the Visigoths died or were converted in one campaign
It's not very silly at all. We know what happened to the Rodericans at Guadalete (crushed) and Toledo (exterminated) precisely because those authorities who you so conveniently disregard have diligently done decades of work researching what happened to them. At no point, by the way, did I say "all". What I said is "almost all". There is quite a substantial difference.

>The entirety of Iberia was ruled by them
Except, again, it wasn't. I already addressed this.

>ts not farfetched at all that Visigothic nobility would survive in remote parts of the peninsula.
It's not farfetched but it is unlikely that (1) We would know nothing about them (for instance, those who remained neutral in the Roderican-Witizan conflict like Theodemir of Cartagena accepted Muslim rule in exchange for keeping his titles and lands; others, like the old Suebic kingdom in the north-west were made tributaries); and (2) It is highly, highly unlikely that they would have gone to the wild territory of the Cantabrian range where Visigothic rule was always iffy and where the locals were regarded as primitives, rogues, and generally dangerous.

But none of this matters because this is pure speculation on your part. It's hypothetical and it cannot be proven historically. We have literally no record whatever of any Visigoth, at any point, fleeing to Asturias except the aforesaid later tradition proposed by the Codex Albeldensis. And if you want to know why historians like Garcia Moreno are suspicious of this as a source, I encourage you to read what they've written.

>All the evidence is textual. Moreno is supposing almost entirely, just as we are.
Here's how I know that you've never read a word of what he's written.

>haha lets go back to the stickman comics! xD

Attached: celtpie.jpg (238x420, 62K)

>What is the evidence?
I would tell you to read his books but since you've already said that referring to actual authorities on the subject of history is a logical fallacy, I'm not sure it'd do any good.

'Ate Romans
'Ate Greeks
'Ate Germanics
'Ate Iberians
'Ate bath'ouses
'Ate aquaducts
'Ate garum
'Ate wine

Luv torcs
Luv mead
Luv woad
Luv chariots
Luv carnyxes
Luv fightin'
Luv raidin'

Simple as.

Attached: PictFCHelmet.png (487x432, 37K)

>Not included, the Romans slaughtered by the tens of thousands as Boudicca systematically razed most of the Roman communities, including Londonium.

Yes she played into Roman hands eventually. Her army was basically a huge, pissed off mob with little coordination. And you don't let a Roman enemy lead you by the nose, pick their own ground and fight you using siege tactics, without getting BTFO. It's also not a great idea to park your baggage train and soldiers families in the path of a possible retreat.

But what do you expect - she was a woman. Moreover a pissed off woman. But then again look what a single, pissed off British woman could do? Imagine if it had been a male leader?

But, she killed a lot of Romans and totally changed Roman foreign policy in Britain. They had a much softer hand after that because they knew a British revolt was just a matter of how pissed off the Brits were at any given time. They kept the tribes divided and heavily bribed after that.

That's unsustainable. Especially so far from the Roman logistics base.

The real proof is legacy. Genetic studies of the British showed almost no Roman DNA. Meaning they hardly interbred with the Romans despite their presence for centuries. This happened with no other invaders (Saxons, Vikings, Normans) all of whom integrated. The locals hated the Romans.

Nope. Britain was Rome's Afghanistan and it ended about the same way.

That's a bit of me, that is.

Attached: 1538574413424.png (900x900, 1.27M)

>vastly inferior opinions and feelings.
wow what a scholarly thing to say bro

>because those authorities who you so conveniently disregard have diligently done decades of work researching what happened to them.
How? All the evidence is textual.

>But none of this matters because this is pure speculation on your part. It's hypothetical and it cannot be proven historically.
Most history of ancient times is speculative.

>We have literally no record whatever of any Visigoth, at any point, fleeing to Asturias
We have literally no records of most things. Its conjecture. Is there any archaeological evidence or written evidence of their not being Visigoths in Northern Spain? Nope? I thought not. There is however written evidence of them being there.

Your entire arguments are appeals to authority and longwinded tripe.

I agree lad and good post.
How many Celts became romanised do you think?
They begged for help off the Romans when the Saxons starting turning up, didn't they?

I bet Boudica's pussy was tight af, totally understand why the Romans did what they did.

It seems extremely likely to me that the money that the Witizans sent to Julian, Count of Septem, to recruit ibn Ziyad and his mercenary Berbers came from Jewish sources.

The question is why. We are past the point of the Catholic-Arian conflict in Iberia where it could be explainable that the Jews would support an Arian coup against a Catholic monarch. It could be something as simple as the Witizans having made some sort of deal with the Jews to relax the legal restrictions against them once they had their claimant on the throne. I'm not sure the Jews could have predicted that a permanent Islamic foothold in Iberia was forthcoming, but that is also a possibility given the Visigoth's piss-poor track record of establishing a stable kingdom.

The problem with Celts is that the Romans didn't put you to the sword.

Attached: thetroublewithscotland.png (1020x1200, 1.64M)

>Begging for help against the Saxons

You would too if your entire nation had been systematically demilitarized and neutered. Rome Gelded them and left them divided. Of course they asked them for help. Instead the Romans fucked them, made them easy pickings, and abandoned them.

They still gave the Saxons a good kicking though.

Imagine being this fucking retarded.

>spaniards want to pretend Celts weren't a ruling class

I mean that looks a little better, but the reliance on wojak specifically will make it extremely easy for bots to emulate art here to seem genuine as well shows the prevalence of followers and not creators without any OC

Attached: z999999999999999.png (729x549, 17K)

t. mutt

*sips* Yep, Battle of the Allia, now THAT was a real battle *sips*

Attached: PictFCMead.png (632x710, 80K)

Thanks for explaining your reasoning, friend. I'll be sure to give you the 0.0001 seconds of consideration your argument is due.

Attached: grahams-grading-og-disagrrement-argument.jpg (820x612, 59K)

>Stop having fun, right not, I don't like it!

Attached: ASSEMBLE THE FUN CORPS.jpg (488x516, 100K)

*sails to england*

Attached: 1537839656506.png (488x678, 64K)

saved

MY ANCESTORS

Attached: ancient celt and saxon.png (1470x662, 351K)

Reminder that the Celts were the only ones to sack Rome.

I mean you can have fun and not use the same template for every drawing. Just seems like memeic stagnation when everything is just wojaks and pepe.

Attached: zrat.png (259x266, 7K)