Liberalism thread. Ask a liberal anything

Will be answering serious questions. Usually these threads produce some really good discussion.

Attached: 1500160630170.jpg (493x640, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realism_(international_relations)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you fear death?

What is the core of your belief system?

How's your FLDD?

Attached: IMG_0479.png (673x994, 909K)

Are you a liberalist?

Why do you think the world is the way you want it to be instead of the way it is?

Everyone who like living does. So yes.

Basically, embracing technology and change ( when it is warranted ) is the best way forward. Trying to cling to the past is futile and conservatism is a losing battle ( the issue is when to conserve, and when to discard, not to conserve indefinitely). The end result is transhumanism.

Attached: Crescent-shaped_Earth_and_Moon.jpg (565x790, 19K)

>The end result is transhumanism.
So you're a religious man, then?
>Everyone who like living does. So yes.
I feel a certain way, therefore everyone feels a certain way. Nice logic.

So you'd discard basic rights and rule of law if they were in the way of change or replace them with technological advancements?

No answer?

Attached: IMG_0302.png (673x994, 669K)

I have a very realistic understanding of the world. You have to elaborate on what my supposed 'delusions' are.

I'm the opposite of religious. I'm strictly secular. Transhumanism has nothing to do with religion. I don't even believe it will be achieved within my lifetime. It's just the inevitable result of the human race should it not collapse. It's very hard to square with conservatism. I've said i'm a conservative when it's needed a liberal when it's not. Technological change cannot coexist in the long run with traditionalism. Kaczynski has a good quote on it.

>I feel a certain way, therefore everyone feels a certain way. Nice logic.

It's a strange question. Is this tying it to how fascists don't fear death apparently?

I believe technology and basic human liberties will eventually go hand in hand. There will be some bumps but in the end we will only be freer. In the short term, i'd support the law over unrestricted technological development. It's how you get there and determines where you end up.

Attached: 1504550846719.jpg (2162x1585, 925K)

Do you really think the left is 90% women? Most white women voted for Trump, as is often repeated.

What do you mean by technological change? Also i'd argue liberals have been more stiffling in the scientific field than anything before it

Why did the movement devolved into a disorder wasn't liberalism about liberty order equal rights and nationalism ??

>liberal

What's it like following a dead ideology?

Attached: liberalism is dead, left versus innocent until proven guilty, harvard college.jpg (1440x810, 841K)

Is it true that German lawyers eat their own feces?

>I believe technology and basic human liberties will eventually go hand in hand.
Explain?

>where you end up
Yes, but where will you end up with those core beliefs? It's just chaotic rearrangement of the status quo over and over again without a cornerstone around which to anchor your progression. Conservatives do live in the present, which is the future of yesterday, conservatism isn't opposed to advancement, they are opposed to reckless abandonment of the core beliefs that have hold us secure in the stream of advancement.

>liberal
>realistic
lol

You're religious because you believe in something non-existent without any proof. You have faith that trans humanism is real. That's a religious belief. I'm not saying it's bad to hold religious beliefs, but it's silly to claim that you don't and claim that you do at the same time.

>It's a strange question. Is this tying it to how fascists don't fear death apparently?

Yeah, go ahead and totally ignore the fallacy you made. If you were just being facetious, then just say so, and no big deal. What does fascism have to do with not fearing death? Countless people of all religions, creeds, races, countries, ect, have proclaimed they don't fear death, and proved it over and over. This is a stupid argument to have.

>embracing technology

Do you "embrace" nuclear power and 3D printed guns?

Attached: 3d printer, come and take it gun grabbers.png (567x476, 67K)

That's not liberalism.

>expecting a self-proclaimed liberal to understand the core tenants of liberalism

Attached: mike laugh.gif (178x179, 2.99M)

That's why I'm ignoring this. Liberals believe in bullshit like equality which is obviously not realistic. He's either not liberal or not realistic, so the debate is over.

> embracing change
are you progressive

What's with the whole double standard thing?

checked those trips.

To answer, since OP can't be bothered, here is what it seems to me most liberals are thinking when they say "technology". They mean magical computers that Elon Musk talks about. They think that there will be some magical energy source that will be created that will defy the laws of thermodynamics. They literally just watch ted talks and podcasts and maybe even get a STEM degree, so they think they understand everything scientific.

>Basically, embracing technology and change ( when it is warranted ) is the best way forward. Trying to cling to the past is futile and conservatism is a losing battle ( the issue is when to conserve, and when to discard, not to conserve indefinitely).
You've just demonstrated you don't understand either Conservatism or Liberalism. Congratulations.

>transhumanism.
idiot

Attached: anarcho-transhumanism.jpg (640x640, 75K)

How can you think that you are on the right side, when your side censors and deplatform everything?

Take race or the holoca$h, where you guys need to censor and put people in prison, from the simple reason that you are wrong.

Liberals are always for free speech, until they the lose the debate, and then instead of changing opinion, they start to censor and imprison.

Attached: tibet old.jpg (640x480, 44K)

why do liberals want to import illegal immigrants and become a minority in their own country ?

It's more than that. Liberalism is directly contradicted by realism in the political/IR sense.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realism_(international_relations)