Jobs and Business General

prev thread

Attached: 1538064048112.jpg (1024x1024, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Zx5lY5RCvr0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: images.jpg (317x159, 6K)

Tell me who this alsome man Is?
Link pls

That’s a good pic OP. Glad to see some good vibes.

Attached: 932CAF0E-3BB1-4FC2-AC73-7E13B7B4A4BB.jpg (776x1024, 209K)

who /bloomer/ here?

Does that guy from the last thread or anyone else have a way to get into the vault.click link he posted?

Look into medical records jobs. The pay is somewhat shit but if you try you might be able to go from there

Post your job finding or business ventures here. I've had some success in a variety of industries and I'll give any advice I know.

Attached: 1538767781299.png (528x321, 157K)

I wanna homestead, any words user?

Get ur CDL
some mega companys will pay for ur CDL school free

first year=40k - $70k
second year=80k- $125k

Attached: trcukkkk.jpg (800x600, 66K)

What do you think about land surveying career path

Posting another Don Asher vid youtu.be/Zx5lY5RCvr0

I just want to be an Uber driver in (((New York))), I know it's shit but that's what I would do for starters. Trucking pays really well I heard too, but I would go vanning instead, it's easier.

Dropshipping? I have very low income and I don't spend much on anything. I need multiple sources of income

Do you think a truck license from European Union would be ok in the US?

>tfw blooming

>some mega company's will pay for your CDL school free.

Stay the fuck away from those companys. They make you sign a contract for 10 plus months. Making less then minimum wage. If you try and walk away, you're on the hook for the CDL school. about 6-8k.

About to finish up PhD in geophysics. Partner is about to finish hers. She's doing a better job of hers and is more likely to get post-doc position, I'm more interested in pursuing a career in industry, which will necessitate significant time away.

Any general advice on managing diverging career paths in a committed relationship?

Unironically me

Sure, we let mexican's drive here right over the border and they dont even have to follow our DOT laws

in most states land surveying requires some kind of experience and licensing. licensing is generally good because it reduces supply and keeps wages higher, pic related. of course that means it's harder to get into initially, but it pays off later.

homesteading seems nice if you can turn your real estate into income, but how much income, who knows? it's an upfront investment that requires work from yourself, but you knew that. haven't done that myself but it seems comfy if you know how it pays your expenses and personal needs. there's gotta be a great feeling too while living off the land

Attached: 1537675513779.gif (302x237, 7K)

>even when trying to get internships in college with an industrial engineering major I get fucked because all the big corps want you to already have experience, independent projects, or studied abroad
>too old to start learning a trade and too dumb to participate in the occasional corporate contest
Fugg

Can I just try to self-employ and even if the business fails the attempt will look good on a resume?

Attached: 1477403603928.jpg (600x655, 76K)

Attached: 25 year old teenager.png (1684x900, 229K)

I worked with truckers for a year or so and about half the ones I met were foreigners. Most of them barely spoke English. You'll do fine, even if the license doesn't transfer over.

Dropshipping is a meme. It's highly competitve and overly saturated. Mostly it's people trying to get rich quick by throwing up a half assed Shopify account and selling the same shit as everyone else. It's not to say you can't make some cash, but personally, I feel that your time would be better spent on other ventures.

Yep, i paid for my CDL school, but if thats ur only option, then do the mega free school. Personally i didn't wanna be a slave in a contract.

I was rock bottom 2 years ago: aimless, hopeless and nihilistic. Trump got elected and then I got a job after looking for a few months. Now I make good money at a job that is flexible, stimulating with varied projects that will allow for intellectual growth. Just need to get a QT and keep at it. Praying for you lads. Regardless of where you are now and as long as you are in good health, a lot of it has to do with perception and a lot can change within you and around you within 2 years.

Attached: boomah.jpg (838x696, 38K)

dropshipping can be nice. from my point of view there's two kinds
1. arbitrage dropshipping (ebay->amazon, vice versa, or like bestbuy.com-ebay/amazon). this can be done but you gotta be wary of returns or having a packing slip from someone who might not be you, which usually doesnt bother the customer but sometimes it can give negative reviews
2. manufacturer -> your retail outlet (proprietary website, ebay, amazon, etc.) this seems to be ideal, the margins may be lower and it may be hard to find a good manufacturer. alibaba may be a good path, aliexpress may be too but aliexpress may be saturated and/or hard to find a good supplier

both postdocs and industry may be location-limited, as there's not always lots of positions available for either - although that's probably true for most high income jobs. perhaps just spam apps for both of you and try to find the overlap? if you can't get matches, just go with the first one either of you get and try to match up later

save 1500 that's about what it costs, most community colleges have a CDL program that includes a teacher qualified to test you in the truck you've trained in. don't get fucked over having to rent a truck for the test. most companies will send you to their own training before letting you drive anyway but having a CDL and completion of a school cert on hand will reduce the amount of required exp. for them to even consider you. make sure you can pass a piss test.

this

you forgot the most important part

>will die because of climate change before he is 50

bestbuy->ebay/amazon rather, for example

Get married. It commits you (in mind at least) to staying together.
Compromise means both people lose something. You are not two individuals but one corporate household.
Have a plan for getting back together, if you must live apart. Do the same thing, at the same time, like watch a movie together.

>120k annually
>Wendy's chef
>13 inch penis

Ask me anything.

Following up, CS and programming are all things you can easily learn and master online through a variety of online resources (MIT OCW) and can then leverage into whatever domain you currently work in, to solve a variety of different kinds of problems, or to transfer out of without necessarily being a code monkey. Good luck.

work in tech, make $200k+, 29yo, ama

>Yep, i paid for my CDL school, but if thats ur only option, then do the mega free school. Personally i didn't wanna be a slave in a contract.

still not the answer. Get your permit and get hired onto PepsiCo Inc.

Trips don’t lie, it is true that you can always leverage a good programming background

I am a few years younger than you. What do you do? You don't need to reveal anything too specific. Did you start at that high of a salary? Any tips?

>140k a year
>idaho national lab
>literally sleep every day at work

bump

You do physics work? Any good? I have a CS background and I'd like to learn physics, but I doubt I'd be able to pivot without getting a B.S.

Tough to reveal exactly what I do for anonymity, but basically I'm a glorified Python programmer.

Do a 3 month bootcamp and any coastal US startup will pay you $100k+ right from the start.
Move every 2 years and make sure each move is an upgrade. You'll make engineering manager quickly. Way too many people stick around for too long at shitty companies because they feel guilty.

You will have to bite your tongue around your insanely cucked coworkers tho and you WILL be fired if they find out you're anything to the right of Bernie.

Only some of these apply to me but damn do those ones sting

Attached: 1495424658361.jpg (640x431, 73K)

I'm a radiological engineer. Easy work.

Any advice for a recovering 21 year old NEET who is poor and almost homeless? I'm getting my driver's license tomorrow after moving to this new state. Got fired from last job.

which one user

Love this meme. We need to meme more positivity.
10/10 meme.

Your best bet is to meet a surveyor and try to mentor under him, it helps in getting your licenses. The work is a mix of land record research and field work. There is a lot of similar work out there in utilities and DOT's if you know where to look.

Programmer here. I spent a while applying to tons of positions and couldn't get so much as an interview, so I wrote a bot that applied to about a thousand jobs nation wide over a two week period. Got some interviews, was hired and relocated.

Attached: fugg.png (1684x900, 159K)

I’m working in AR, 40k a year. Thinking about getting another bachelors next year because my literature degree ain’t worth shit.

Should I do accounting, or computer science?

Consider the oil rigs, too. Most oil companies are in red states. I have friends that have made 80k for half a year working in Midland, TX.

If you're interested in Life Sciences at all (Biology/Geneetics/etc.), look into adding a good chunk of formal Statistics education to your CV. You'll be making good bank for a researcher, and will be in high demand.
Life Sciences is full of NPC cunts who do lab work like goddamn robots and can't rub two neurons together. Learn to do good data analysis and you'll be a fucking king.

How'd you write it? General Techniques?

I am 27 years old and this is unironically me

Can't speak much about accounting, but computer science is a solid choice. CS is a huge field with a lot of different opportunities and kinds of problems, it's in demand and pays well. Just apply yourself and have fun. Learn a lot of math and take it seriously, it will only broaden your options.

I unironically whistle Erika at work all the fucking time.
I'm a HS History teacher and I suspect half of my students are on /pol based on their essays and comments in class. Just remember, you're here forever kids.

>Have anxiety
>Have depression
>Under that still a Bloomer

Man, I hope I get this shit in order, I feel great when I make others happy.

Carbs are poison get the wheat shit out of there and replace it with a dairy farm (steak + butter factory).

Attached: chad spotted.png (139x163, 37K)

Any advice for someone with an Information Systems bachelors degree?

if you want to round out your resume, do some altruistic volunteering for a charity as you can meet cool people who just want to make society better. HR types value that kind of virtue, and few people have it in a format that's demonstrable on a resume. wouldn't recommend volunteering for an actual business though, it's not as fun.

USPS is hiring a lot right now due to people leaving, relatively easy to get into and it pays $17/hour for a lot of entry level positions with a lot of time and a half overtime usually. might take 1-3 months to start working though.

i do recommend USPS particularly for people who want to live in an arbitrary new place - they have offices everywhere. hiring even in hawaii for example.

if you need money RIGHT NOW, check out mturk.com, get some scripts like mturksuite, theres a forum for it at mturkcrowd.com

Did just that. Got my CDL from megacarrier one year ago. Entry level 40k to 55k depending on your work ethic.

Just started as a trainer and I’m banking in the low 100k level now. You would have to be retarted to not start this job if you have no other prospects. I drive my shift and then park and browse Jow Forums the rest of the afternoon. Pay zero rent. Car and sportbike payment are easy. Bringing in enough cash my small debts just melt away. What the fuck are you niggers waiting for?

Take some community college courses. Get your feet wet and back into the learning game. Try to do well and see if you can get some decent financial aid and into a decent state school. State schools are affordable and if you major in something decent, then you can easily pay back a 40-60k loan. You will have housing, food and everything provided for you, so you won't be at risk of going homeless. That's a normie-tier answer.

I joined the military 5 years ago after being NEET for almost two years after college, fuck the recession. I'm now about to make $120k/yr (I'm extremely overpaid, it's ridiculous), debt free, nearly quarter million dollar net worth, and working on a solid portfolio for the next market crash. It's definitely possible to make it if you're willing to work hard and compromise a bit on the work you do.

If I hadn't gotten into the military my plan was unironically to work for drug cartels. If that didn't work I was going to buy a one way ticket to Gensokyo.

there's some advice in the previous thread about this. do some open source projects, put them on github, etc.

What military job pays 120k?

If you want to drive from entering the us you likely need an international driving permit. But thats like 5 eur. Other than that get the esta or a work visa once you have a job and then get a us driving licence once you're over there

>if you want to round out your resume, do some altruistic volunteering for a charity as you can meet cool people who just want to make society better
You can just lie, they never check that shit

That user sounds like he needs the social skills from actually doing it, and lying on a resume is never a good habit to get into.

Post more /comfy/ 1950s American Dream

Attached: In God We Trust.jpg (800x1016, 87K)

>literally me
How do I fix this?

I want to open up a waffle and coffee shop. Like have cool waffles with fruit and really good coffee. Maybe have some live music nights or so?

How would I go about starting this? I'm currently in school to become a physician.

Attached: waffles.jpg (428x640, 50K)

O-3 in california. The pay charts are public domain go look them up and realize that about half the pay is not taxed and you get free healthcare and we get extremely common 10-15% discounts every day of the year. Oh, and I don't pay state income tax because I'm a resident in a state that doesn't have income tax.

I don't even want to look up how much my CO (O-6) is making. It's gotta be insane.

this thread is depressing

im the unknowing bloomer turned degenerate junkie

i mean it's fun though. plus you get easy references that way in exchange for like 4 hours/2 weeks. also meet cool people

Literally all of these apply to me except I'm 6'0, I get lots of sleep and I don't watch cartoons, and I'm 24. I've never met another guy who looks nearly as young for their age as I do so it's nice to see this pic. It used to bother me but now I don't see it as a bad thing, it just gives you more time to grow up and figure things out. It's basically a life extension, assuming you're healthy and live long that is.

Especially is you "helped" at large fundraising events or walks. Every nonprofit has an annual Walk For The Cure- say you helped put up signs, register ppl, etc.. Ppl who work at nonprofits are too busy posting anti Trump shit on Twitter/Fagbook they wont remember you (or forgot to put you in the nonprofit's CRM)

I would like to know this as well. Have a killer recipe for waffles & maple cupcakes

Dropshipping is fine for side income, like the user says he wants multiple sources of income which is what anyone who aspires to be wealthy should be doing. Just look up a tutorial on Youtube or pirate one of those courses and you could have a decent store set up in one evening.

FYI- recipes are not copyrightable. The ingredient list is not, the way they are worded, though, is.

Could you give an example, please?

It's worth nothing that restaurants have a narrow profit margin. For something with a live music component you're going to want a prime location with lots of pedestrian traffic (and talented local musicians), and since you're looking to fill a specific niche that's probably a little crowded in some places (especially the coffee house component) you might want a bit more oomph there.

You might be able to hook up--or even look into growing and being your own supplier to a point--with some local suppliers which should reduce some of your costs. There are a handful of Americans who grow coffee, too, which may help save on import costs of some of those specialty coffees.

Location, location, location, and relationships essentially.

28yr old bloomer reporting in.

Just got my bachelor's a month ago in journalism (please clap) so I can get a shitty copy editing job to hold me down while I teach myself to code.
Thoughts/suggestions on how to land a proper job?

hate is also welcome, I'm aware I got myself a shitty meme degree and a reality check would be a welcome break from the congrats I keep getting from my family and friends

Oh man. The woman looks so much like my late grandmother.

Every waking hour is worse than the last.

Look into copyright law

I kind of just want to tell you to meme apply to all the alt media websites you can think of. Sorry I can't think of any legitimate advice for you, m8.

I've thought about that. I applied to the Daily Caller for a joke and got an interview, but they took three weeks to get back to me with a "no" lmao
might just bite the bullet and start my own site or do a youtube radio show desu

Wow someone made me into a meme sweet

This

maybe I'll just kms

Attached: gas.png (500x517, 153K)

Take it from someone with the same degree: Either find a way to work on your own or do something like court reporting. I was a reporter for about five years before I got fed up with shitty Tumblrqueen bitches and an editor who thought everything was about racism.

Getting a journalism degree was one of the worst decisions I have made in my life. Unless you wanna work for fucking Buzzfeed, you're better off finding something you can tolerate while you code.

Journalism is dead. Women and fags killed it.

Well, while you set up your own site/radio show there's a good ten others you can meme apply to in the meantime. Might as well.

hello

anyone live in NYC? you can make money as a paramedic.

like helping people? no? for money? maybe? GREAT

you get your EMT card, which earns you minimum wage thanks to democrats. GREAT. You have to either accelerate to paramedic, or take a job and hope to get a lucrative hospital job, rather than cutting your teeth in the privates.

here's a quick idea of PAY in NYC for Emergency Medical Services Workers

EMT NEW - Minimum wage
EMT EXPERIENCED - Minimum to $23hr
EMT EXPERIENCED GOOD JOB - $20-30 an hour

EMT- PARAMEDIC NEW $23-30 an hour
EMT- PARAMEDIC EXPERIENCED WITH A GOOD JOB - $30-40 an hour.

I personally make 36 an hour. I do 911 in the five boros. I have a bachelors from an elite school which helps a lot with advancement. Hours are flexible. Great as a side job once your established and made your nut with overtime already

I really like having a trade. No emails. You can lose your job, but NEVER your profession.

Professional upkeep is annoying I have to re certify every 3 years

the more you know

Attached: fdnyam.jpg (500x319, 135K)

A journalism major doesn't "apply" they send samples of their writing. My advice- have your own website, www.johndoe.com, and post all your best writing samples. Doesn't have to be a blog, just a virtual resume.

haha i forgot to mention DONT WORK FOR FDNY UNLESS YOU WANT TO TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN AND GO INTO EASY BLUE COLLAR LIFE PENSION MODE. more money is in private enterprise

Fun times. Fuck this guy.

>tfw you have always wanted to own a humble little shop of some kind so you can wheel and deal all day
>tfw Amazon and JewMart have killed any prospect of surviving in retail

Life is fucking pain. I am now leaning towards starting my own research consulting firm. I fucking love learning shit and finding out more about mundane garbage. I honestly think I've got the 'tism since I often enjoy looking for info more than the info itself.

Not autistic? Need to make 70k+ right away with no experience? Sell cars. Just walk into a dealership and demand a job, that’s how they like it. It’s gonna suck dick desu, all your coworkers will be sons of bitches. I did that for a few years now I work for Hermès and sell handbags to old ladies.