Was Calvinism right about NPCs all along?

“We say, then, that Scripture clearly proves this much, that God by his eternal and immutable counsel determined once for all those whom it was his pleasure one day to admit to salvation, and those whom, on the other hand, it was His pleasure to doom to destruction. We maintain that this counsel, as regards the elect, is founded on his free mercy, without respect to human worth, while those whom he dooms to destruction are excluded from access to life by a just and blameless but at the same time, incomprehensible judgment”

basic gestalt: God controls everything, all fate is predestined, those that God has predetermined will ascend to heaven unconditional of their sins or acts on earth (the elect); the rest are ignored by God entirely, have no soul, and will live outside of God's mercy in eternity, no exceptions (reprobates / NPCs)

Makes sense to me. I always thought that it was brutal and nonsensical that an absolutely powerful creator of the entire cosmos could grant some eternal life, and basically just give everyone else one mortal life where they just return to the void. If in fact most people aren't really people, and don't really have internal monologue... it makes the reality a lot more palatable. Clearly there's no way an omniscient being would grant any kind of salvation to drones, right? Why would an NPC even go to heaven with the rest of us? It would be bored for eternity without Netflix and Reddit.

Attached: calvinist.jpg (892x1024, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jesus-is-savior.com/False Doctrines/Lordship Salvation/spurgeon.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=QvSuJHYh1X0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump out of interest

Christians generally consider non-Christians to be like animals, and we also believe that even if you call on God but don't actually get right with him then you're still not worthy of the best parts of Christian life. Calvinism takes it to the degree of salvation, and one of its quirks is actually that it's impossible to know who gets heaven ultimately and who ends up with hell.

Hell, in Calvinist theology though, isn't really a place of fire and brimstone and damnation -- it's separation from God's mercy. The elect get eternal life (whatever that means), the NPCs get "damnation", which might just be eternal non-existence, ala atheism.

What I wanted to get to is whether NPCs can have salvation or not: in most forms of Protestantism (except notably, Calvinism and Arminianism) and Catholicism, and most religions, people can gain salvation through acceptance of Christ, and good acts in life.

Can an NPC truly accept God? Or, how is it possible to have a religious awakening when you have no real thoughts?

If you can't have a religious awakening without internal thoughts and can't truly connect with God, then you're basically damned in all variants of Christianity, and most religions, no? Has God therefore made some people basically damned by default? If so, then Calvinism seems likely -- if some people are NPCs and must truly be hopeless, then the negative must also be true -- some people are the elect are essentially guaranteed at least a chance at salvation.

NPCs just believe whatever seems like the default. They're the same faggots saying praying (or communicating if praying is your trigger word) to saints is idolatry.

Actual Calvinist here. You're full of shit. Non-Christians are bearers of the imago dei just as much as you and I are.

You speak as if separation from God's mercy was a vacation at the beach when compared to fire and brimstone and damnation. In fact it's quite the reverse.
Also: read the books of James, Romans, and Galatians. Good works in life are *consequences of,* not *preconditions for,* salvation.

If non believers truly are npc robots then even if they do burn in hell they cant feel pain because theyre a robot theyre not a real person

It's been a while since I went through Romans or Galatians. Offer me some verses to illustrate your point about fire and brimstone?

I have trouble with the idea that God would create people who have no chance (reprobates) and then torture them. I've never come to terms with that. Torturing them seems unjust, when they could simply cease to exist.

Even God can't see which of the many futures will come to happen, except in some special situations like prophecies, but he does have a personality and will reward those who appreciate him for what he is and has done.

As far as the non-player character meme, it's a good one, but good for trolling. I think that most people are simply a lot, lot weaker than they are given credit for being in this age of "everybody gets a trophy" sentimentality. They're doing everything they can to hold together and thus they become like N.P.C.s but still do have internal thoughts. It's a nice meme because it trolls them and other "P.C." hear via the derision directed at the N.P.C.s which individuals might be strong enough to make a difference.

Well, I was expecting an "actual Calvinist" to have disagreements with me, user. So take your condescension and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

If i actually believed in Npcs then you are merely a computer script pretending to talk to me and have thoughts

Non believer wouldnt feel pain in hell if theyre not conscious

>Good works in life are *consequences of,* not *preconditions for,* salvation.
That's like saying I flushed my toilet because my shit disappeared. Not that it's any different from God's perspective. If making the shit disappear is part of your plan you gotta make someone flush the toilet.

Op i thought of this same idea years ago

But it means only christians are real people

Most people talking about the npc meme dont even believe so you would have npcs saying theyre not npcs

And it would be a very small percent of population who is real only born again christian

Otherwise i dont really GET hell either wtf is the point of burning alive forever even for really bad people

>Even God can't see which of the many futures will come to happen

Claiming that a being that is powerful enough to create the entire universe isn't somehow able to figure out what will happen in it is absurd.

God is by definition, infinitely powerful ,and putting arbitrary restrictions on him (because perhaps you think otherwise free will would be violated) seems like poor reasoning.

No. In Calvinism not only Christians are "elect" -- and not all Christians are elect. You can't become elect by your own volition, nor can you become a reprobate by choice.

No u have to become born again my dude

God chooses from before the world began who he will save and has them come to faith in jesus before they die

Thats the people who were chosen

Anyone else isnt

>theyre
*he's

O.K., name-call all you like, but it doesn't change that individuals can change their lives through conversion and that God wants all people to convert, user. I'm done here, since you're a very silly and very insincere Reddit spacer (think of all the farts in your brain!).

Calvinism is the gayest shit
You’ve chosen a particular interpretation of scripture and then twist all other verses contradicting your viewpoint until they do.
Calvinists are by far the least happy, most mentally unstable lot of Christians around. Their only tradition is hatred of all tradition. Their uniting principle is that everyone else is damned. Their one virtue is submission to authority for fear of eternal pain. Their interpretation of Christ’s sacrifice is to fulfil some absurd legal obligation. Faith is seen as primary, whereas love is nice but not necessary. Free will is denied and Romans 9 is the lens through which all scripture is interpreted. Judgment of other Christians runs rampant as fearful Calvinists look for their neighbors’ sins to help them cope with their own terror. A dark pit of anxiety fills the Calvinist, who regards themselves as utter filth, unworthy, a hateful creature, beyond the pale, full of despair, yet somehow still saved.
Truly a wretched bunch.

Nope nobody can convert themselves it says who god called he justified

King James Bible
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

>never heard of wrestling with god
You're a lost cause, and seemingly very shallow. Sad! Many such cases!

Well, they went wrong when all the other apostates did, actually, lad: by incorporating women into their liturgy.

Why would a calvinist be afraid of anything youre chosen by god and cant ever be cast out

The bible teaches calvinism

King James Bible
And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

>fuckCalvinists.txt

yeah I dunno about that. I consider myself a Calvinist theologically but I attend Mass as a Catholic and love the traditions.

"Free will is denied"

Not true. Calvinists believe in free will. In particular, Calvinists believe that the elect have free will (freedom to think and to reason) and that the reprobates do not.

We get free will, but God's infinitely powerful and can figure out what will happen in this universe anyway, or see the probabilistic outcome of all of your choices. It sounds like a paradox but it's not. There's no better expert on quantum physics than the literal God who created it, right?

>You’re chosen by God
But user, were you? It just says that some were chosen. Why do you think that you were chosen? Do you bear the marks of a Calvinist saint? You should be...
Repenting successfully!
Doing good works!
Praising and loving God and neighbor!
Growing in virtue!
Do you bear these marks user?
And then what if you backslide? Might it be that...you were never saved at all?
(Calvinism is absurd)
Why would you base your life on one nutjob’s interpretation of scripture? Who the hell is Calvin?

>That's like saying I flushed my toilet because my shit disappeared.
Seems reasonable to me.

Mate calvinism includes once saved always saved
Theres no need for doing good works or repenting unless you feel like it

You know you were chosen because you asked jesus to save you and you have the holy spirit

And thats when you started to believe and then after thst it says youre sealed till the day of redemption

>If non believers truly are npc robots then even if they do burn in hell they cant feel pain because theyre a robot theyre not a real person
Good, so we can stop worrying about whether or not they're going to hell. Or heaven. Robots feel neither pain nor pleasure and cannot learn their lesson or repent or do anything that a man saved by grace can do. Cool.

Contribute to our NPC Content Database

No, but if you truly believe you should be exhibiting these signs. They are supposed, in Calvinism, to follow your salvation.
If you do not exhibit these signs you should question whether you’re saved.

Nope theres only 1 requirement if you believe in jesus you are guanranteed to go to heaven because jesus cant lie and said whoever believes has eternal life

Passed from death to life past tense
You dont need any additional signs besides the initial belief

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

The spirit lets me know i accepted jesus already

Just incase you thought you didnt

Romans 8:16
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

>calvinism
> you asked jesus to save you and you have the holy spirit
Pick Calvinism or decision theology.
You're not grasping Calvinism.

Everyone has to call upon the name of the lord to be saved but calvinism says god causes you to do that eventually in your life

I didnt make that decision god predistined it to happen

You think that the entire point of the Bible was that you have to believe in Jesus and that's it, you're good to go?

Man. That's stupid as fuck. You think God sent a magician to Earth and if you believe that he existed and walked on water and turned water in to wine you don't have to pay attention to the rest of what he actually fucking said? Like you seriously think "believing in Jesus" has nothing to do with also actually believing in what Jesus taught?

Come on. Use your brain.

Glad to see more people taking the Calvinpill. I'd highly recommend reading about Kuyper's political Calvinism, but straight, no gatekeepers like Bartholomew.

Attached: Kuyper-cartoon-1-1200x520.jpg (1200x520, 121K)

>If you do not exhibit these signs you should question whether you’re saved.
I'm not a Calvinist (just a Lutheran) but I'm pretty sure that doubting your salvation is a violation of the first commandment according to the Calvinists.

Do you think that belief is a conscious decision or is belief granted by God?

Attached: Tac2.jpg (2560x1583, 1.33M)

>God's good is incomprehensible to humans

Giga-retarded. Why call him God then? He might as well be evil

The rest is mostly for the jews in the tribulation and thr millenium most of the gospels is just for jews not christians
All gentiles have to do is believe to get all ur sins forgiven in this present age

26And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?” 27“Yes, Lord, she answered, “I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world.”

Attached: Gospel.jpg (854x480, 68K)

If God has to obey human notions of good and evil then he isn't sovereign.

Granted by god
It says god wrote your name down in the book of life before the world began its not up to me
He forced me to get saved basically by believing in him

How can you call God "Good" if Goodness is only definable by God himself and is impossible for humans to understand?

The word "Good" has no meaning in this context

God is infinitely powerful and created the entire cosmos. Literally created *mathematics* where there was *nothing*

Whether you personally like him or agree with him wouldn't really matter, would it? If God's notion of good was incomprehensible to Man, it would still be the ultimate truth in this universe. The ultimate truth likely is incomprehensible to us, but whatevs, it still exists regardless of our inability to understand it.

Attached: b41322f93a4b6375ef9077907b18351c.jpg (236x202, 8K)

fuck Calvin. he fucked up protestants before they even got off the ground.

jesus-is-savior.com/False Doctrines/Lordship Salvation/spurgeon.htm

Thats not what election. Even in your scenario god predermined who will accept christ.

God is a bro, if you have a personal relationship with him then you know this. Not some faggy church boi who fags around all day. My soul is dirty as hell and bro keeps forgiving me, and I really mean it when I repent, i fucking loathe sin and I wish i existed in a reality where there was no sin. I would fucking fit right in in heaven, maybe, I fucking hope so, niggas who are holier than thou are all wrong. Remember Christ comes back with a sword. We are his sword.

>How can you call God "Good" if Goodness is only definable by God himself and is impossible for humans to understand?
That is exactly why God is good. Unlike everything else he can declare the conditions of what is good and evil.
Ipse dixit et facta sunt.

Condescension is tantamount to the Calvinist's basic doctrine.

>He thinks God can do logically impossible things

Theology left you behind 500 years ago bro

Attached: wellmemed.jpg (1120x720, 133K)

Exactly right user! He's not God if he isn't Sovereign.

Attached: mynigga.jpg (575x576, 45K)

Attached: 5678485647654347563.jpg (761x1008, 158K)

God created logic, so yeah, pretty sure God can square the circle brah

Something from nothing is logically impossible brah just lmao what are you even thinking

We are under a curse in the bible

Thats why evil exists and god allows it

King James Bible
And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

how can Easterners pray to God when they don't have an inner dialogue ?

Jews were a mistake.

This honestly makes a ton of sense with what I've been meditating on recently. If you never become spiritually enlightened or "saved", however you want to put it, then you were never really a person in the first place. It makes a lot of Scripture make a lot more sense. Christ only came for his lost sheep, but at the same time he will draw all men to himself. God consigned all men to disobedience, in order to have mercy upon them all, but at the same time not all people will be saved. The easy solution is because unsaved people are not really people i.e. not "men". This doesn't necessarily mean you will superficially accept Christ, I believe that this refers to enlightenment or ascendance, which in and of itself is an acceptance of Christ. All those who are lost will be found. All those who never come awake are simply part of maya, the illusion that is the world.

Thomas answered and said, "What have we to say in the face of these things? What shall we say to blind men? What doctrine should we express to these miserable mortals who say, "We came to do good and not curse," and yet claim, "Had we not been begotten in the flesh, we would not have known iniquity"?"

The savior said, "Truly, as for those, do not esteem them as men, but regard them as beasts, for just as beasts devour one another, so also men of this sort devour one another.

Attached: 1508425432142.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

Word he will have all men to be saved
But only certain people are men the rest are computers

The only reason i ever came to this conclusion was because i couldnt comprehend real people going to a lake of fire for eternity that was my main dilemma

But a computer doesnt feel pain and hell still exists because its biblical but theyre not real people

Only thing i can think of to avoid the idea of people being tormented forever which i cant accept its too bad

This is an excellent post. I went through the same thought process almost five years ago, now. I highly recommend reading the Bhavagad Gita if you haven't got around to it yet. Good luck with your journey.

So you think Got tortures robots for all eternity? Does lighting a computer on fire make any sense at all? Do you believe everything in the Bible? You shouldn't.

There's no point sending NPCs to Hell. Just turn them off.

Were the only ones that know this

There must be a good reason to have everyone thinking that everyone else is a real human being around you

Thats why godmdoesnt give us this incredibly important detail

When people are in hell although theyre computers god can still say look at what this person did he was wicked and did this and show example of what happens to those who go against god so everyone can remember

NPC video from August:

youtube.com/watch?v=QvSuJHYh1X0

Attached: SH.jpg (480x360, 13K)

>Can an NPC truly accept God? Or, how is it possible to have a religious awakening when you have no real thoughts?

The Orthodox have Theoria, and Roman Catholics do not.

Roman Catholicism turns people to be NPCs.

Attached: pepe_shooting_star.gif (500x281, 1.66M)

I only believe in christian npcism
Not regular npcism where any random dude is a player character for no reason