How can we make trains cool again in the United States?

Driving and flying is cool and all but sometimes you need something that can go faster than a car and slower than a plane. What can we do to make trains work?
youtube.com/watch?v=mbEfzuCLoAQ

Attached: all-trains-rely-on-traction.png_SIA_JPG_background_image.jpg (2935x2338, 596K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ETfiUYij5UE
washingtoncitypaper.com/news/article/13035688/the-third-rail-how-to-take-the-train-from-dc
google.com/search?q=6141&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUnf2VqoLeAhXnzVQKHZdoBSgQ_AUIECgD&biw=995&bih=957#imgrc=pUhxcAyOjhtXrM:
commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:GWR_"Large_Prairie"_2-6-2T_No_6141_(9186652272).jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

BUMP

When were you first diagnosed with autism, OP?

Trains don't work in America due to the low population density.

They removed the amtrak station in my town like 15 years ago I have to drive 2 hours to get to the trainstation

That's the main reason they would work, idiot. Put them in highly dense areas and have them travel through all the major cities in each state, then to the smaller towns, etc., until it's all connected and there's more growth.

>That's the main reason they would work, idiot.

I forgot. That's why trains are generally found in the deep rural areas and never, ever in high density cities. Less density = more trains.

I take Amtrak from Boston to NYC weekly. It's fine up here in the more densely populated areas with money.

By having trains all over the country we could have more density and make it easier for people to travel from point A to point B and you're too much of a faggot to see that.

>arrive at destination
>now what

Drugs and strippers

Attached: 1532380503157.png (944x655, 463K)

Ay fuck you nigga trains always been cool

youtu.be/ETfiUYij5UE

Uber

in a rural town?

>Make trains great again
Hyper loop, this has major potential.

Attached: lil stinker.webm (500x300, 460K)

Yes. It would also be beneficial for those living in rural and suburban areas to find work and education in cities and then bring that back to their hometown. How do people not see this?

Attached: I like trains.png (246x346, 13K)

bump I support this

Attached: merica.jpg (427x640, 154K)

When they can get conductors who know what the fuck they're doing. Every time I feel like it's my last ride

Thanks user

Attached: trains.png (500x689, 115K)

IM TRAINSPHOBIC!

>triggereed

trains are shit, they can only go forwards or backwards on the same track.

Airplanes are rad, they fly, up and down, if you crash everyone dies and the only way anyone can stop you is by shooting you down with a fighter jet.

Maybe add muslim trains and change some of the trains from male to female (implying male and female genders exist). Come back next year with gender fluid trains and stories about diveristy? Let moffitt direct it, guaranteed success.

That dad is very proud.

both are probably dead now.

Hyper = fast
Loop = loop

Attached: mono rail.jpg (600x457, 32K)

Because its absurdly slower than a car due to all the stops. It's a 12 hour drive from where I live to see my dad in Michigan. At the shortest, it's almost an 18 hour train ride, and then the station is an hour away from my dad's place. It costs me about the same in gas to do the drive myself, and that's in my truck that gets about 18MPG tops.

Why the fuck anyone would use a train is beyond me.

Those bitches need to be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY....
cheaper. Just searched on google for LA to NY.

Amtrack:
69h 23m TOTAL TRAVEL TIME
$364.00 FOR ONE FUCKING WAY!!!

United:
5h Total travel time.
$268 for ROUND FUCKING TRIP.

Are you fucking serious? Trains are only for phobics with no lives and nothing to do but sit on a train for days at a time.

this.

I have never met a toddler yet who doesn't fucking love trains op, or that horrendous show for that matter. My 2 year old loves trains and Thomas, and dinosaurs, and horses. I'm not sure at what point we lose that basic love for cool shit, but I wish I could keep her as cool as she is now. But I know she'll just turn in to a bitchy cunt of a teenager soon enough.

Trains are for cargo, not people.

Attached: rail.gif (557x525, 64K)

Which is why OP fucking asked the question. How do we change things so trains become a viable means of long-distance transportation again?

itt:

>STOP NOT LIKING WHAT I LIKE!
deciding what's best for you - the liberal

We need fucking faster trains that can go faster than the bullet ones in Japan. 500+ MPH.

I wanna try D.C. to Boston. Is that a nice trip?

>sometimes you need something that can go faster than a car and slower than a plane
>train is exponentially slower than both
The issue with trains is that you can't have direct routes. You can't have a track set up especially for the Fargo to Kalamazoo route, because there are probably two dozen stops between the two. In an airplane. In a train, it's not. You have a fucking rail on the ground that must be built, and maintained, and it is finite. Unless you want 5000 different rail lines coming from every station and crazy weird bridges and overpasses all over the country, you cannot do direct routes. You could maybe mitigate it, but the cost to operate a train and maintain the tracks means it would still wind up being more expensive and slower than flying.

Less nignogs and less drugs. Then I’d feel comfy again

That's why I asked HOW. You people can't think. If I said how are we going to fix the gun situation you'd say remove all gun restrictions, which is correct. But you can't seem to come up with any solution besides whining and saying trains are dumb. Trains are fucking cool, Europe uses them daily, Japan uses them daily, obviously we need to add some money to it to make it faster and for better tracks and better trains so stop complaining and come with solutions.
Just raise her right.
People are cargo.
That's why I made the thread; HOW?

We just confirmed a Supreme Court justice who is an expert on pulling trains.
Help is on the way!

>How can we make trains cool again in the United States?

Indians on horseback for the passengers to shoot at at random places along the trip.

We have to make elevators cool.

>People are cargo
they are not financially viable

Attached: northamerica_10m_railroads_base.png (881x768, 34K)

>That's why I asked HOW. You people can't think. If I said how are we going to fix the gun situation you'd say remove all gun restrictions, which is correct. But you can't seem to come up with any solution besides whining and saying trains are dumb. Trains are fucking cool, Europe uses them daily, Japan uses them daily, obviously we need to add some money to it to make it faster and for better tracks and better trains so stop complaining and come with solutions.

I gave you a solution. Lower the price. That's basic economics.

Attached: supply-and-demand.jpg (695x527, 30K)

This, this, a thousand times this.

Amtrak is highly competitive in the Northeast Corridor where they have faster electric locomotives and can compete both time and expense-wise with the airline industry.

The next step is to join up all the regional train lines. To wit: Extend pic related to the furthest reaches of SEPTA so someone could get from, oh, DC to Boston taking nothing but regional commuter lines

washingtoncitypaper.com/news/article/13035688/the-third-rail-how-to-take-the-train-from-dc

Attached: MARC.jpg (2048x1229, 674K)

You need to make the trains viable to have the price lowered first.

>never having a southern dandy hand me a primed and loaded rifle on a moving train.

Attached: drippingwithit.jpg (436x409, 29K)

well the pricing is there. 150 for a train ride from here to san fran is way cheaper then driving. about the same time. just not advertised enough... or not in the right way. they need to sell it as a reliable means of transportation to certain areas. instead they go "hey wanna look out the window?" people go camping they don't wanna pay 145 dollars for sight seeing. they wanna get from point a to point b and they provide that so they should sell it as that. infact if I were them I'd get on certain tourists sites and also travel agencies and advertise the routes you go through, that way if a route is possible and reasonable with train, you'll get noticed and customers will buy a train ticket instead of driving and/or flying if they are low-budget customers.

America is too large to ship people by trains. That's why planes work.

Not necessarily. Having people captive for a full 69 hours is a big opportunity. The trains should do like Vegas and offer cheap-as all hell tickets then make all the money back off the customers while they have them there for their multi-day stay.

Michigan has 3 extremely useful Amtrak lines which are great, but the trains rarely run on time and prices have gotten ridiculously high. We need Mussolini.

Make them go faster.

Except we used to do that. US trains were top of the line back in the day. We had our first transcontinental railroad 19 years after California became a state. US trains were the best, US public works were the best.

destroy amtrak and make them private again.

Ask the auspies. They love those fucking things.
>>Choo Choo motherfucker

Attached: Cities_Skylines_Trains_VacantMildArcticwolf.webm (800x450, 438K)

Vaccines

>People are cargo.
Only jews in the fake holocaust.

Attached: ((())).gif (666x716, 1.72M)

ATTENTION:
>google the last 4 numbers in your post
>if its not a train you lose
>if train, post train

Attached: 1456368386333.gif (268x196, 2.7M)

Attached: indiana-southern-railroad-3384-and-3386-at-elnora-indiana-jim-pearson.jpg (900x599, 221K)

fuck. i got this shitbox.

Attached: 5746.jpg (900x274, 46K)

Option 1) Trains and Monorails
Option 2) Blacks

you CANNOT have both in a 1st World Country, the moment they come onto a train, the whites will flee, when gas hits $10 a gallon, people will still be driving their SUVs if it means they don't have to sit next to Jamal and Tyresha

train

We cannot. The problem is that our railroad ties are all wooden, which can't support high speed rail and the cost to completely replace them with concrete ties is not feasible. It will never happen.

wtf the image showed up. I saved image as "payload" and now its not showing up on google.

google.com/search?q=6141&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUnf2VqoLeAhXnzVQKHZdoBSgQ_AUIECgD&biw=995&bih=957#imgrc=pUhxcAyOjhtXrM:

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:GWR_"Large_Prairie"_2-6-2T_No_6141_(9186652272).jpg

Attached: GWR_-Large_Prairie-_2-6-2T_No_6141_(9186652272).jpg (3872x2592, 2.22M)

Painted from engine to caboose in starts and stripes. Replace the horn with the star spangled banner.

I haven't taken a flight in a long time. Amtrak is great along the East coast.

Attached: tsa-agents-caught-in-groping-scandal.jpg (790x411, 35K)

I'm pissed about this.

trains are literally the most used transportation service for goods. theyre used now more than ever

Honestly some states could really use them, and fast rail is a very good counter to over urbanization. I'd rather take a fast train to a city center like Houston to go to work, from far outside Houston, than have to actually live in or around Houston.
Texas has the space for HSR, and plenty of people would rather not live in urban sprawl

Lies
I used to regularly take one from Buffalo to NYC, and it was delay ridden

Perhaps what america really needs is an intercontinental Autobahn - wide lanes - slow lane, truck only slow lane, and a fast lane or two. 2 lane exits for slow lane and truck only

Remove all federal restrictions on Raul transportation and remove all subsidies for railroad companies and you will get a booming industry within a generation.

HSR gives the promise of making rural areas extremely viable - because fuck living near cities, that said a national Autobahn system could probably do the same for less, and AI cars are around the corner

I've always wished passenger trains were still around to compete with busses/planes as a method of travel. Trains are cool as shit.

nationalize them

Nationalizing transportation is the worst thing ever.
t.Canadian.

I like trains

Dude, I'd take that same route on amtrack. Suppose to be about 8 hours, one time it was 16 & another time was 20. I won't go anywhere if it requires a train. Garbage ass shit

That better include a fucking private sleeping cabin.
Also it takes ~41 hours of constant driving to get from NYC to LA, so let that sink in.

Don't get me wrong though, that could potentially be an awesome trip provided the ticket is unlimited until destination - get off at every little shitty town and city along the way, spend entire nights in hotels experience america, etc - you know provided you had a few months to burn

Who doesn't?

Either HSR becomes actually cheap to lay and do, or more than likely we just get an Autobahn system, esp. as AI driven cars come about

How is there not a fucking rail line to Alaska?

My friend is trains man too.

>People are cargo.
Cargo doesn't need to shit.

If Vegas was smart it'd push for an HSR between it and the California cities, that said they are making a killing subsidizing flights as it is

musk is working on it

Attached: hyperloop-one-tour-01707.jpg (1600x900, 155K)

Escalators are far more efficient.

Train sitcom. They work together on a train, wacky stuff happens.

why

Ditto, same experience from Buffalo to NY, regardless of direction. I don't know what the fuck the Canadians who take that piece of shit into NY were thinking, one train ride and 1/3rd of your vacation time is used up

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 214K)

How much further should the flag theme go?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x853, 274K)

It takes 8 days - i.e. 192 hours to travel the Trans-siberian railway from Moscow to Vladivostok, 4 times the distance of a NY to LA Amtrak route which takes just over 69 hours

Let that sink in
Russia goes twice the distance of Amtrak in ~96 hours
Fucking Russia

There was a video popped up recently in my YouTube feed after watching some Stobe the Hobo videos.
>Nationalise the national rail
>Build more track
>Invest in high speed tracks
>Then invest in high speed trains
>Advertise to public

So it all comes down to investment before growth. Air travel is the dominant method of travel medium to long distance nationally, and cars short and some medium, Greyhound & Rail mopping up the fragments.

So it's unlikely to happen given interests from dominant parties, to much new track to lay over valuable land, not enough investment to upgrade the system. Without a serious push from government it won't happen, it will continue to carry freight, cargo, whilst killing the occasional hobo

>Don't get me wrong though, that could potentially be an awesome trip provided the ticket is unlimited until destination - get off at every little shitty town and city along the way,
But that's shit compared to having a car as well because you could you know drive outside the city you're in and see the sites instead of being stuck in the city and you could pick your path instead of having to stop wherever the train feels like going.

because not everyone WANTS to fly. some of use aren't npc's in a hurry rushing in the rat race and would like to enjoy our lives, this includes how we travel. We dont mind paying a little extra to not be rushed around like cargo and dealing with the bullshit TSA and all the other shit that comes with flying now. you would figure that Jow Forums of all places would understand this, but no, many of you are all stuck in this "everything must be the most efficient as possible" mindset, which is incredibly dehumanizing, robotic, npc, and jewish. quality over quantity. I would LOVE to be able to ride a train anywhere but in my state public rail is almost nonexistent. you have to go to the next state over to get on a train.

sad truth

this sounds good to me

Maybe someday.
What we need right now that is practical and economical is better passenger service overall, and the ability for passengers to transport a vehicle with you easily and economically.