You know what? Fuck all of you take this npc meme serious

It came from a study which said that some people had no inner VERBAL monologue, but what you do is strip them of their entire self consciousness. Is your by logic a mute-deaf automatically a npc or what? Fucking retards...
And i swear to god you who take everything from here as true and use it to further fuel your hate against who are different from you are more npc-like than anyone you have ever accused of
>hurr these libtards and sjws don't agree with us must be npcs
Pic related

Attached: 1515263396716.jpg (2000x1078, 153K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/EimtD
youtube.com/watch?v=dNQyubd9ARc
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4538954/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4692319/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Notice how it's ramping up?

Now you have to spam twitter/post stickers/wear masks in order to "not be an NPC"

Attached: 1538710846267.jpg (1440x1065, 271K)

Beep beep boop?
Fuck off pleb

[spoiler]You have to go back[/spoiler]

Attached: 1539007547040.jpg (1326x572, 89K)

So is the NPC's becoming self aware going to be the catalyst for the end of this hellish simulation? Judging by how hard it's hitting them i'm beginning to wonder.

twitter npc thread archived here: archive.is/EimtD

Attached: hot.jpg (3300x1849, 1.72M)

why have I never heard of this before? wtf does it mean

>Europoor
>I hate people who hate NPC's!
>Randomly associates it with Trump
Low IQ TDS sufferer detected.

Because you need to lurk more faggot.
Also we already called them normies before. The NPC meme is boring.
sage.

When most die in the next socially engineered disaster, I won’t feel bad because they’re all npcs, the Jews are right about us

Explain how a person self-reflects or processes complex abstract ideas without internal dialog.

Show me proof that people don't have internal dialog.

>inb4 the 30 person study showing DEFINITIVELY

The real NPC

Attached: 1539322721396.png (976x1290, 606K)

>but what you do is strip them of their entire self consciousness.

Attached: e.jpg (494x482, 89K)

>>hurr these libtards and sjws don't agree with us must be npcs

They are tho. Pic related, explain this fugger.

Attached: leftist NPCs.jpg (1865x1467, 592K)

They do have inner monologue. Its just their inner monologue says "I dont care if everyone else asked the same question as me, this is the question I practiced in the mirror this morning and Im going to ask Sarah Sanders the same question word for word as the npcs before me."

Attached: IMG_1957.jpg (592x1024, 91K)

It’s only a few user that are pushing this. They have their reasons.
Shalom user, hope you’re having fun with your meme jokes tee here,

Wow so are you triggered because you realize you have no inner monologue? Nonetheless you are right, NPC's can seem to have opinions, after all you need to formulate ideas in your head before writing them off.

Attached: aratakareigen3.jpg (460x479, 40K)

NPC's can't meme.

Attached: 8fe.jpg (500x433, 69K)

Can't use that meme wrong, goy! How else can we push our agenda?

It's not necessary to prove HOW MANY people have no inner monologue; only that there are ANY people who have no internal monologue.

The so called-study involving 30 people is weak, I agree, and it can't be used to make generalized statements about the whole population, but that fact that ANY of the respondents (and such a high percentage in a relatively random sample) said that they don't is significant.

However, it seems to be no secret to the medical community as a whole:

PBS:
youtube.com/watch?v=dNQyubd9ARc

National Institute of Health:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4538954/

Triggered.exe

Attached: FB_IMG_1539434017375.jpg (971x800, 49K)

Describe inner monologue for me. What happens when you think?

>but what you do is strip them of their entire self consciousness.

>I used to have self consciousness before that me came along.

Attached: 903.jpg (405x421, 32K)

OK. Let's talk about this conversation.

When I read your message "describe inner monologue for me, what happens when you think?" I comprehend it has words, almost as if I were hearing someone say it; but without the actual sound of hearing the words.

In other words, I comprehend each word one at a time in a stream that come together as a conversational sentence.

Then, I start to think as a reply. I think "OK, what can I use as an example? Should I talk about trying to think about abstract topics like the theoretical, or should I just describe what happens when I process the question?"

And as I think about it, I think in words, as though I am speaking the words to someone else.

This study from the national institute of health describes (in part), the advantages of having an internal monologue and the problems with not having one

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4692319/

So you literally read out every thought you're thinking aloud in your head?

How do you deal with abstracts like math?

You don't read out EVERY thought you have. You still have the non verbal though methods others have (pattern recognition, blind inspiration, automatic congestive abilities), but the inner voice is, for lack of a better way to describe it, the regulating authority that represents "you" as a unique individual independent of external stimuli and controllable outside of random and automatic brain function.

The study I listed in my last comment is quite good at describing this. to quote one portion...

"...However, inner speech is a complex and varied phenomenon. In behavioural studies, everyday inner speech is often reported to be involved in self-awareness, past and future thinking and emotional reflection (D’Argembeau et al., 2011; Morin et al., 2011), while in cognitive research, inner speech appears to fulfill a variety of mnemonic and regulatory functions (e.g. Emerson and Miyake, 2003; see Alderson-Day and Fernyhough, 2015a, for a review). Vygotsky (1987) posited that inner speech reflects the endpoint of a developmental process in which social dialogues, mediated by language, are internalized as verbal thought. Following from this view, the subjective experience of inner speech will mirror the external experience of communication and often have a dialogic structure (Fernyhough, 1996, 2004), involving the co-articulation of differing perspectives on reality and, in some cases, representation of others’ voices..."

Attached: npc_protest.jpg (612x408, 56K)

Attached: npc_we_are_human.jpg (525x700, 76K)

Sorry, I don't take quests on Saturdays

Thanks for the honest responses, providing evidence and examples, and not just going >t.npc.

That said, I don't believe there are people out there without the ability to dialog with themselves in order to solve problems. I think there are idiots out there who are afraid of "painful thoughts". But that is a pretty far step from literal brainless automotons.

And that is why this subject is so popular, because the idea that there are people who have no inner dialog exist at all.

You (I think you) asked a question earlier that I thought about yesterday... how does someone who was born deaf thing? I'd go one further, how does one who was born deaf AND blind think?

Without language, without a visual reference point how does one do it? I imagined that someone who learned to read braile might eventually think through phantom abstract feelings on their fingers, but who knows.

There have been people reporting that they don't have an inner monologue. The one that started the whole thing seems to be the attached image.

Now, the person who wrote this was either larping or telling the truth. If he was larping, he's one in a growing list of people claiming the same thing. But if he's telling the truth, it has MAJOR implications, even for society as a whole.

Attached: Patient_one.jpg (931x486, 148K)

Oh wow look at that. No arguments but acusing me of being an npc because i have a different opinion. You're just proving my point about you being the actual npcs

Why don't you answer my question first and explain how non-npc mute-deaf people have inner dialog? Surely they have to do it somehow, and if they have other ways, so it's not far fetched that "npc" have do too

Nigga what you're describing are not npcs but people who have mentally logged out (mostly from their jobs), because they're miserable or stressed or whatever. And you fucking retard are doing, by calling everyone npc without even thinking, exactly what you just described, so in a way you just called yourself one.

>Is your by logic a mute-deaf automatically a npc or what?

yes. read lacan.

And those who also can't read, like in the middle ages? Are they all npcs?

First sentence should have read....

And that is why this subject is so popular, because the idea that there are people who have no inner dialog exist at all is so mindblowing.

>bitching over a forced meme
>implying it's not shitposting that got exactly the reaction people wanted to see
The funniest part is that denial and aggression makes it even stronger. You just shot yourself in the foot mate.

Attached: mfw_youre_retarded.png (523x592, 362K)

>different opinion
>the one the jews gave me
NPC has nothing to do with the study, it has nothing to do with dehumanization, and it wasn't even a Jow Forums meme to begin with. It pisses you off and spawns butthurt articles by NPC journalists, so you are going to receive more of it. It's that simple.

Attached: npc_allnpcs.png (4501x447, 354K)

>democrats are the real racists

Attached: 1536578180685.jpg (249x260, 27K)

>The NPC meme is boring.

thats exactly what i thought when i saw "NPC" used months ago. it's just another synonym in a long line of throwaway pejoratives to describe base consumers. my personal favorite was "bugman"

people are only making a big deal out of "NPC" because they're suddenly realizing the implications of dehumanization, but only after two years straight of calling anyone with an opinion not bought and paid for by neoliberal corporations a "russian bot." in essence, they're only worried because they were told to be worried - kind of paradoxically justifying the NPC meme.

I mean it has to work somehow or else a blind or deaf person wouldn't even be capable of attaching things like brail or sign language to ideas. Just because it's a different way of thinking than using language doesn't mean it's any less valid or effective.

Clearly the person in your post has some grasp of thinking with works, how else would they write unless they could construct a thought in their mind?

Attached: 1509997535912.png (577x670, 794K)

If you're not thinking with words, you are a fucking retard and need to be gassed desu.

if you can't read then you can't be programmed by the hyperfake mass media apparatus. so no, someone who can't read isn't an NPC, they're just an illiterate.

>NPC meme so fresh the left wants to steal it, yet again.

Attached: 1539387948649.png (264x274, 30K)

I answered that in another reply... I'm not sure. I supposed it depends on whether someone went deaf or was born deaf.

If they were born deaf, I don't know how they would, since they have no audio reference point.

At least according to the papers I've read, there are at least 3 different methods people use to think... language, imagery, and pattern recognition.

I have always assumed that people use all three in their everyday lives. The idea that there are some who never use language floors me.

I avoid using the "NPC" phrase except as shorthand for those with no inner dialog because the whole meme has been overused, misused, and not clearly defined.

You asked how a person thinks about complex concepts like math. I started to flowchart it, but it was a pain and took away from a running conversation in here, so I didn't answer. But a quick answer would be....

2x+3y=7 solve for Y

I think... OK, I'll start by moving the x to the other side, giving me 3y=7-2x.

Now I have to reduce the three, which leave me with y= (7-2x)/3.

(I could go on if there was a need to reduce further, but the point is that when solving math problems, I "think through them", which involves the use of language and inner monologue.

>Fuck all of you
lmao the level of buttmad over this meme is incredible, keep it up boys
sage

Wow, you know it’s getting the system hot and bothered when a Mountain Jew steps out of the shadows...

OP is an faggot

Attached: CCccCCccCCcc.jpg (534x712, 64K)

Language is not about reading only. That's why there was "oral history" where stories were passed on orally.

And an inner dialog doesn't require knowing how to write or read words, only how to speak and understand language.

Inner dialog does not involve seeing the letters of the words. A person who understands a language can have an inner dialog in that language.

But I would agree with you that prior to the invention of language and communication between humans, there is some question as to whether people "thought"

Attached: 4dab9dfa704583a76bea4d39b41574943fbb6b53b12c83d90d2f8ea8089eb2d8.gif (371x209, 1.1M)

npc identified

Attached: npc_in_HD.png (330x681, 34K)

Have the Libtards ever made a successful meme?

Attached: EveryTwitterLiberalEver.jpg (624x554, 45K)

I hope you're not implying wojak rehash #583 is good

I don't doubt for a second a lot of t_d are NPCs. There is no one political affiliation for NPCs.

It get's a reaction out of them and that's all that matters.

The more you NPCs cry about it the more effective it becomes

today i will remind them

Attached: average trumpfag.png (1080x1687, 279K)

Sorry i couldn't read the whole thread, but agree with you.
Honestly i'm just sick of people here calling everyone a npc who they disagree with. Maybe this board is even worse than i thought (i already had a very low opinion of it) and it's not possible to argue with 99% of the people

>Ignoring my point

Attached: 1539369730901.png (416x435, 79K)

I'm not arguing that they don't "think", but I question how well they can think.

I don't know anyone without an inner dialog. If I did, I would ask them a bunch of questions to understand it more. But if it's true that there ARE people who don't, it raises a bunch of questions/issues. A few being...

1. How do they self-reflect? How do they process all of the information that comes in, how do the analyse their own thoughts, actions, and ideas?

2. Are their thoughts limited by only the things they have heard or seen? Can they take a series of ideas they have heard, and manipulate them into a new idea, something they have never heard before?

3. What defines their "self"? If the "self" is defined for people like me as the controller having the inner monologue, how do people without one guide the mental ship?

And even the practical... for example, if I get a call that a family member is in the hospital, throughout the day I will think "I wonder if they're OK. I'm worried about them, I hope someone will call and let me know", etc.

Those thoughts use language. How does someone without internal dialog conceptualize such thoughts? Do they? I mean, they must, people aren't drones, but how do they do it? what are the mechanics?

Attached: 1539274122937.png (374x229, 29K)

>No u
The ultimate npc response.

Don't forget to tune into KNPC and WNPC on the FM dial.

But they are

hello fellow npc, i seem to agree with {defensive.statement}.
that {no.real.argument.just.words} has got to teach those humanes.

Attached: npc.jpg (86x90, 2K)

Probably images or sounds

When thinking about a situation and what I could have done differently, it's advantageous to play back the scenario in your mind and try to imagine how things would have went if you did things differently, it's certainly not an explicitly verbal thought process and involves a lot of abstract and imagination. Just because a language is missing doesn't mean one can't contemplate the ideas presented.

It's probably the same way sign language works, people attach ideas or sounds with images(the shape of the hand) and it works pretty much the same way.

I had a long conversation (and about as detailed and serious as this one) the other day in a thread.

It eventually morphed to a tactical discussion of dealing with people who have no inner monologue, especially in the political sense.

My working theory was that if someone without inner dialog thinks with thoughts and imagery, the argument could be made that their ability to think and those things they can think about must be limited by the imagery and experiences they have hand in their lives.

(think 1984 newspeak, and the idea that eliminating words from the language eventually makes it impossible for people to conceptualize certain ideas).

From that standpoint then, the idea of weaponized memes should be based on creating the combination of images and words that trigger emotional responses based on the image history of an individual.

Or, to the larger population, that a properly weaponized meme would be one whose imagery is based on the collective shared memories of the masses.

>What defines their "self"? If the "self" is defined for people like me as the controller having the inner monologue, how do people without one guide the mental ship?What defines their "self"? If the "self" is defined for people like me as the controller having the inner monologue, how do people without one guide the mental ship?
I have inner dialog, but that's not what "the self" really is, i recommend you to go into Buddhism

I am going on a Trip to NPC California, anyone got an exxon map I can borrow?

NPC being confronted automated response #1387

make that an anti-NPC collision map.

ye.. you might be taking this place a bit too seriously, m80.

Attached: sweetie.jpg (598x448, 111K)

You mean effective propaganda

If your self (that is, the captain of the mental ship) isn't the one conducting the inner dialog, the one choosing what to think about, what is it then?

In meditation, for example, people are taught (?) to not think; and to allow thoughts and imagery to just flow in on it's own (at least I think that's what they're taught).

But isn't that simply turning themselves over to the random, negating their control of their own mind?

I guess the word that comes to mind is "volition", the mental will, the control.

Where does it come from if not from the inner monologue that captains the ship?

NPC meme isnt "You dont agree with me, therefore youre brainless"
Its
"You follow the narrative so closely its almost like someone else is choosing your opinions. Someone else opens you up and codes you"
NPCs Can not think for themselves, its okay to be left wing. Its not okay to eat leftwing propaganda for breakfast to the point you become violent depressed and lonely.
The fact you made this post shows two things.
OP is trying to breakout of NPCdom
OP doesnt really understand what it means.

I don't understand how this would be any different with language in this mix though. A person's thoughts would be limited by their grasp on the language itself, just like they would with any other experience in life. It's no easier to construct abstract ideas with language than it is with images or sounds. They're all tools to deconstruct, analyze, and relay what you experience from your own perception. It might be more difficult to communicate abstract concepts without verbal language, but I don't think it has any bearing on problem solving abilities.

Whoops, this was ment for

I do, I supposed that's all a meme is.

But I was talking even further. The example I gave i a prior thread is this...

... doctors learned that if they hit a person on a certain point near the knee, they could generate a reflex reaction, and the leg kicks out.

When a doctor does this, the person does not choose to move their leg; and the movement of their leg is all but uncontrollable. It is, again, a reflex action.

To those with no inner dialog, it is almost as though their life is on autopilot. And if it is (and if their ability to think is limited by the visual input they have received in their lives), then they might be subject to images/messages that force a mental reflex action.

As in... do this, do this, and people automatically pull the correct lever in the voting booth.

Inner dialog is just part of the "mental body " for you to know the true self. You have to go through a serie of process, which abandon lenguage as a method of knowing at all, that s why inner dialog interfere so much with meditation

Attached: CONSTITUTION OF MAN.png (300x225, 38K)

Yes it would. Which is why, as a general rule, less intelligent people have less a grasp on language; and why a good grasp on language is almost always a sign of intelligence.

Words transmit ideas. If you know more words, you can grasp more ideas. And because certain simple words have complex meanings, it makes it easier to process complex thoughts easily.

For example, the word "symbiosis"

The true self in this case world be the monad, in Christianity it is the soul. In resume we are going back 2000-3000 to what religion originally try to teach us

Eat shit, kike.

NPC meme of the year '18

reminder the NPC is a D&C psyop

Attached: npc irony.jpg (1224x900, 737K)

I understand using it as an insult, but to seriously say that liberals don't think for themselves, as if its a problem unique to the American mainstream/moderate left, is pretty inaccurate and shows a lack of self-awareness. The right is overflowing with people who lack critical thinking skills.

Exactly, and Republicans are not racist, just redpilled about the fact that some human sub-species have a natural superiority to control and dominate other subspecies as their masters.

Attached: yata!.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Yes fellow humanoid. I too am emotionally triggered by this vile mockery of us NPCs.

Attached: NPC Feels.jpg (971x546, 49K)

>imagery is based on the collective shared memories of the masses.

This is why art is so effective. And more to the point impressionism. Simplest terms convey the most poignant impressions.

BREAKING NEWS:

OVERHEATED NPC uses vulgar slang

Faulty NPC cooling stack with no master caution

NPC model "D" massive recall

beep boop beep.

Attached: 1539441791740.jpg (500x756, 46K)

Kek

Hey NPC was a joke, I'm sorry it offended NPCs like yourself.

>Fuck all of you take this npc meme serious
>takes NPC meme so seriously makes triggered thread about it
wew

Attached: 34786328933.jpg (880x429, 50K)