I guess I'll just look how rural America is doing on Google ear

>I guess I'll just look how rural America is doing on Google ear

What the fuck are you up to?

Attached: Ameriwhats.jpg (1586x1422, 772K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_pivot_irrigation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irrigation
youtube.com/watch?v=H_ILu-R-Nz8
youtu.be/YCS1_9Uwne0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Those are farms. You use them to grow food.

Do you not understand how farming works?

Where I come from they're not fucking cirlces. Why the fuck are you doing it in circles?

Attached: Mer.jpg (1820x1414, 1.04M)

The round ones are obviously huge missile silos.

This is how it's supposed to look. Fucking perfect shapes are communist

Attached: sw.jpg (1502x646, 395K)

Because the water falls directly on the crops instead of being shot into the air as occurs with traditional sprinklers, less water is lost to evaporation and more goes to nourishing the growing plants. Central pivot irrigation also creates perfectly circular fields.

Urban retards would not understand.

In arid regions, crops must be watered. The most efficient way of doing this is having a long watering device you slowly pivot from one end, watering a circular area. Fertile land is plentiful, but water must be conserved.

Oh I get it now. It doesn't rain over there. Why do you plant things there tho?

In the center of that field is a hub of a center-pivot irrigation system. A giant sprinkle pivots off the center and drives itself around the field irrigating it.

DELETE THIS

Because of the long growing period.

because we grow grain for the whole world dumbass

because you can grow crops year round dumbass.

it’s not that it does not rain, it’s that the farmers must have a reliable way to sustain crops in the event of a drought. hence irrigation. the soil is ideal.

Because it’s fertile land and we want it to be populated and productive. Why leave it barren when it can so easily contribute to our nation? Overutilization of the underlying aquifers is an issue, though, but even so in the end we will have benefitted more from it than if we had left it alone altogether.

Because commiefornians.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irrigation

America needs to grow all the food for Africa, it's how they can breed so much by doing nothing.

/thread

If the USofA were to completely ban food exports, how many people would die as a result?

What a depressing photo.

Thanks for reminding me the majority of this country is actually worthless.

automated irrigation system those goes in circle

Because we invented things like dams reservoirs and aqueducts so we can store and move water

At least 2.

A lot of these areas have plentiful water from river sources, just not rainfall. The concept of using this water is irrigation, and was created by our ancestors in western Europe.

This is just the current most optimal method for using irrigated water. I've seen ad-hoc setups for square areas that work well-enough, but they're not commercially available, so most farmers can't be bothered to build it themselves.

So this is how the rural and suburban retards who voted for Trump live. I much prefer how smart and sophisticated city people who voted for Hillary live.

whats depressing about farmland?

Yes because this produces food:

Attached: IMG_8801.jpg (1920x1200, 1.3M)

Irrigation is at least as old as the Egyptians

we still have areas similar to that, obviously

Attached: Archimedes_htm_m29b58180.jpg (418x376, 28K)

Water efficiency, something you wouldnt know about

>LA coliving: PodShare's permeable intersection between social/privacy

youtube.com/watch?v=H_ILu-R-Nz8

Attached: Podshare-people-in-pods.jpg (996x660, 87K)

That's some bait if I've ever seen it.

Attached: 1500154956118.gif (480x360, 1.61M)

Some are
>t. Stratcom

The egyptians to who you are referring were european.

SHIT, OUR NATIONAL GO TOURNAMENT. I told you people this Satellite shit would bite us in the ass.

remind me how much it costs

can you name one thing that produces besides pollution?

Shekels.

Dirty pussy.

I think $50 a night
Comes with lolis though

Attached: eeee.png (1366x768, 1.06M)

Well why are some circles exactly twice as large in diameter? Is that exactly as efficient? Is it more efficent? Less efficient? Does 1 small circle cover more area than 4 small circles?

If you make it perfectly symmetric you have to answer these questions!

The country is in debt

bigger than many countries outright

Attached: P1_new.jpg (800x474, 347K)

Because in the US we don't believe in standardization, we allow industry to develop on its own merits (or we did). Thus poor bastards like yourself can still buy a 20 acre field even if the guy next to you has a 40000 acre complex. And in that 20 acre field you can grow your veggies with anti-insect drones and high-watt lightbulbs.

Niggers.

What does that have to do with our optimal weather?

You already know too much.

Attached: bawkbawk.jpg (1672x2493, 625K)

HOLY FUCKING SHIT GUYS THE ALIENS HAVE TAKEN OVER SAUDI ARABIA ALSO!!!!

WE ARE FUCKED!!!!

Attached: 2562353245.jpg (275x183, 6K)

Educate yaself son.

America needs to grow in the desert to sustain their need for the large amounts of high fructose corn syrup they put in their regular food.

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 38K)

I hope Putin nukes this place off the planet

Oy vey stop asking questions

HEY!!! Stop asking questions and mind your own business. What we are doing over here is private.

There is usually sufficient rainfall in sweden, so no need for this kind of irrigation. You all should have a closer look on egyptian sahara where they hide their dr evile villages

Attached: 1532120904642.jpg (2103x3155, 1.62M)

>california
>optimal weather for agriculture

S o y b o y s

Attached: richard and mortimer soy.gif (800x800, 178K)

>>california
>>optimal weather for agriculture
Yes

OMG they got egypt too

Attached: Capture.jpg (1632x907, 165K)

It's optimal SUN for most things. Not water, but that's why irrigation exists.

youtu.be/YCS1_9Uwne0

Now that I think about it, it kinda looks like a horse dick.

Time to die

You both can be right.

thats not the desert

Low quality shit grain tho.

Because we can

there's a lot of different reasons. I used to work for a precision agriculture company (Raven Ind.) as an engineer for context

Different crops need different soil, fertilizer, water, and sun conditions. Different hybrids of the same crop can even vary drastically in these needs. For instance, some rapeseed is bred to thrive in a riverbottom while some is bred to thrive in arid soil.

These conditions can vary wildly on different parts of the same property. Some areas will have a certain hybrid that needs x amount of water and M type of fertilizer. Some areas need a different hybrid that needs y amount of water and N type of fertilizer. Using the correct seed for the correct soil can literally multiply your yield (typically anywhere from 30% to 300% increased yield just by seed selection).

The size of the irrigator is chosen to cover to the largest area that has the same seed.

Note a lot of this is becoming deprecated, as modern hybrid seeders and sprayers can plant 4 different seeds in the field simultaneously and regulate fertilizer payloads, both with about 5 cm accuracy in the field. The last hurdle is precision irrigation, which would allow for 100% of arable land usage.

one plot of that land produces more value than you ever could

Correction: you grow enough grain for the whole world. Only 10-15% of it is exported.

>1600/month
>no privacy
>cant even fart without 5 people smelling it
>cant take off pants without 10 people smelling your dick
>meanwhile 1600 a month rent in seattle, portland, etc
>antifa cant even find a willing hotel for their bussloads

Attached: 1538189090772.png (1366x768, 976K)

wtf

Attached: pepegun.png (320x320, 90K)

>not having enough land to hold a massive game of go with other farmers
do you even agriculture?

They wasted so much money on hardware for making that railing/fence.

the majority of it goes to livestock feed

WTF MAN!!! WTF!!!

Billions not just from starvation but because it would crash the markets and send the entire world into immediate chaos

Bread city - where mold is beautiful
bread = shekels

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 5.53.07 PM.png (726x582, 699K)

It's a basedboy farm.

Which of these 3 square plots produces the most food. Prove your answer.

Attached: Circles.jpg (1441x471, 160K)

You went to the CO-NE border. This area is the leeward area of the Fucking Rocky Mountains. What did you expect to find?
Cropland east of the Mississippi does not use irrigation, sometimes in states bordering the mississippi.
You went to a semi arid area.

they are all equal

Prove it

Source?

Attached: citation.png (300x300, 31K)

It’s actually kinda interesting.

>Urban retards would not understand.
bitch who do you think created this auto-mechanical irrigation system, this automation if you will?
modern farming has less farming than ever.

Attached: 1461126769452.jpg (479x349, 37K)

just trust me on this one

t. Someone who eats ramen and Pepsi everyday

I know I've always dreamed about my daily morning & evening fap sessions being done with half a dozen or more strangers in the room who all know EXACTLY what I'm doing, including women.

pir^2=16((pir^2)/16) dafuq

Well in any circle-square farm only about 74% of the area is covered by the circle, so only 74% of the land would be used for agriculture. Even if you fractionally divide the land into multiple plots, assuming all the plots are of the same size then only 74% of those plots will be used for agriculture as well, so if they are added up the white space where no crop is grown would be the same as the initial large circle.

78% i mean

This is even worse

Attached: 1528629296417.png (789x611, 1.35M)

big circle pi*r^2

medium circle 4*pi*(r/2)^2
4*pi*1/4*r^2
pi*r^2

small circle 16*pi*(r/4)^2
16*pi*1/16*r^2
pi*r^2

Pivot irrigation because area is semi arid, much more importantly heavy use of mechanized farm equipment.

Mechanized Agriculture produces some interesting stuff

lmao that's the fucking desert and those are special hippy farms

check the midwest now

i live in an area surrounded by corn fields, not poverty circles

There is no sconomic incentive to do so, but there is ALOT of incentive to terminate food aid and foreign aid