Why won't American's you the metric system?

Why won't American's you the metric system?

There are only three backwards countries not using it:

Liberia, Mynamar, USA. Nice 3rd world company there.

Attached: king-henrys-foot.jpg (500x374, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/12/28/574044232/how-pirates-of-the-caribbean-hijacked-americas-metric-system
youtu.be/QxxJkkUiRxw
youtu.be/PZ3hESj__M8)
youtu.be/H124iZiyGUs)
youtu.be/UK4b6tGThI4
youtu.be/zRrkUymeST4)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Doesn't have a flag on the moon.

The flight computer used SI-Units.

We aren't a gay country, Mohammed.

Attached: image.jpg (314x235, 46K)

Attached: npc world news.jpg (706x504, 67K)

Because humans have 12 fingers not 10 fagget

>We aren't a gay country, Mohammed.

I'm pretty sure the gay-pride movement got it's start in your country.

Attached: 1619938-NYPL.jpg (760x588, 368K)

>Because humans have 12 fingers not 10 fagget

Are you from the South?

Attached: Deliverance.webm (640x360, 896K)

>counts on his fingers
Well that explains it

And that computer was payed for by people who use the Imperial system. Go back to ruining Europe.

Attached: 1524526617718.png (668x936, 1.52M)

Because fuck you, that's why.

>Why won't American's you the metric system?
Pirates are to blame.

npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/12/28/574044232/how-pirates-of-the-caribbean-hijacked-americas-metric-system

Attached: Capturemetrc.jpg (1936x1275, 258K)

Still doesn't explain it. What issues do American's have with it? I mean with Latinos from Southern America taking over it will become the standard soon anyway.

Attached: 1539341066987.png (879x788, 232K)

To go in depth would take a wall of text that i am not up for right now, but if you think about it, it's fairly clear that our measurements are generally better in practical applications while european measurements, such as metric system and celcius, are better for scientific/data purposes. Another example of this principal is clear in how we arrange our dates - m/d/y gives most critical information first and makes more assumtions (it being the present year, for example), making it easier to to shorten and slightly faster to process when reading

>imperial is better for practical applications
>imperial has no frame of reference

0°C is the freezing point of water while 100°C is the boiling point. Woah so hard and unpractical!!

Americans will never cuck to your shitty system.

We don't give a fuck. Stop us, faggot.

Attached: 23426546456.png (1405x1508, 3.05M)

It would cost too much to change and we don't want to use your system.

Attached: 1538856225119.jpg (500x447, 107K)

Because we don't care. Not that damn hard, you stupid 3rd worlders.

Ignorant fool. To lose the imperial system would be to lose fundamental knowledge of the workings of nature. Go be a globohomo slave elsewhere.

There are two kinds of countries:
Countries that use the metric system
Countries that lose spacecraft costing hundreds of millions of dollars because of King Henry's foot

How to trigger Americans 101: start cirumcision or metric thread

99% of a burger's brain activity is spent rationalizing accidents of the past as products of superior intellect and foresight.

It's almost as if they are the NPCs.

The two kinds are:
1. America
2. Shithole countries

We have billion of dollars of tools not using the metric system. We have Billion of dollars worth of items that don't use the metric system. You going to pay to replace all said goods?

The metric system is deisnged to be easy to understand and based on scientific principles so that people don't get jewed having to deal with different arbitrary measurements that vary a lot. The JewSA of course refuses to adopt it for obvious reasons.

Imagine using a system that "doesn't make sense", in effect making it harder and thus crippling you to a degree. Yet still being the world's super power. Eat shit rest of the world.

Because it was a french invention and even if they helped them win the independence war the french werent retarded enough to help them invade Irak and americans still have not forgive them
Hating french became part of american culture, remember the "frerdom fries" campaign?
Its the same, americans lack a unified and distinct culture so they have to use the metric system as a way to separate themselves from the rest of the nations wich btw, are globalist only because of american military
They will push the whole world to watch their media shit, follow their UN resolutions and eat their roided meat but god forbid they use the same metric system as the rest, that would be too globalist

I don't know but it's fucking annoying having to know two and convert back and forth.

>t.jingoist crippledick

>muh sunk cost fallacy

When you do it every day it just don't really matter. I have two sets of tools. One set for great american made items. The other set for shitty nigger shit from china.

youtu.be/QxxJkkUiRxw

Do we really though?

A lot of companies have been using metric for years now. Hell, even John Deere does.

I guess 11/9 doesn't have the same ring to it that 9/11 has. Feet are useful when flying, to a certain point..other than that shits fucked yo.

Attached: 2zvqpynr264z.png (606x618, 74K)

There are two types of countries.

>Ones that go to the moon
>Ones that pay for (((petrol))) by the litre

On a side note, the USA has tried to go to the metic system several times in the past, primarily with engineering departments (i.e. FHWA, interstates, transportation fields). Once in the 90s, and a couple times before that Im told. Each time was a failure which just costed millions in unforeseen costs because converting plans/standards to metric was retardedly unproductive and useless.

>royalties laws taxes spelling and tea
Those were passed by parliament
Because there is no reason to

Think of how long it would take to convert everything measured by a fragment of an inch in the entire country.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 11.25.28 AM.png (383x364, 293K)

Trade protectionism, primarily.

It should be noted Brits and others use some non-metric measurements both formally and colloquially.

That's not what sunk cost means, moron.

>lose knowledge of nature
lol, every imperial unit is now defined with metric ones.
Also if the imperial system is so great convert 5 cubic feet to gallons. In your head.

We actually use metric measurements for lots of things here and everyone is taught in school.

The metric system IS the United States' official system of measurement you ignorant fuck.

A better question is: Why doesn't the rest of the world FULLY adopt the metric system instead of the half-assed system they use now.

Why doesn't Germany use a metric system of time?
One year is made up of ten months, each month having ten weeks, each week having ten days, each day having ten hours, each hour having ten minutes, and each minute having ten seconds?
Think of how easy it would be to calculate the number of minutes in a decade!

Why didn't Germany adopt the metric circle with 100 degrees instead of 360?

Why didn't Germany adopt a metric monetary system using the Deutsche Mark, centiDeutsche Mark, milliDeutsche Mark, kiloDeutsche Mark, etc?

Hey adolph, guess what system of measurement was used by the only country to ever land men on the moon?

Are you referring to the Mars Climate Orbiter?

There are two kinds of countries:
1) Countries that send shit to Mars
2) Gayboy land

I always see euros and others complain about this and how we use month/day/year. Why do you care so much?

Attached: 1379256796856.jpg (441x411, 22K)

The metric system, as used by the flight computer. kek

We use both.

Sometimes its simpler to use one or the other. I'd rather just say something is one foot than 30cm, or just use milimeters instead of fractions of an inch.

Nice to know both.

The metric system is used in all scientific measurements in the US.

It’s not my fault you are too retarded to understand it. In Engineering school we learn Metric, Imperial, and CGS in like a week and how to convert between them all. It’s not that hard.

Attached: E11E0FEF-8785-4765-8F82-B62F5D4988E3.jpg (800x600, 66K)

>tons of mutts in poverty and slave conditions
>thinks hes not a shit hole
lol

translation:
>REEEEEEEEEEEE...
>WHY WON'T YOU LIKE WHAT I LIKE???

O vey a goy from UK thinks he is better off then avg joe living in the USofA.

Is this the sort of stuff you think about to distract yourself from the horror around you?

Both Imperial & Metric. As used by the superior big brained Americans.

Attached: A218CB5B-837B-4600-AD82-0044B92FD845.jpg (319x316, 18K)

I woodwork occasionally and used to do some carpentry labor in college. The imperial ruler has some advantages. I.e. its easier to find 49" or 4'1" on a ruler as oppposed to 1.24m or 124 cm. And the divisibility of 12 has some advantages when youre cutting shit constantly.

realistically wouldn't it make more sense to go YYYY/MM/DD or biggest to smallest?

Nobody's buyign your bluster, crippledick. Sit the fuck down.

Living inside a sterile plastic bubble is a good way to pretend you're not living in horror yourself, isn't it?

>owellian soggy island police state enforcing islamic homosexuality

lol

Metric is a tool of the Jews

Attached: Blank+_0f50481f21637ce3cf0a42c33a4a165c.jpg (780x737, 74K)

Because Satan devised that devilish measurement system.

To be safe for all eternity:
A: Admit that you are a sinner, who violates the Will of God, and that you need a Saviour.
B: Believe that Jesus Christ, Son of God & Messiah, died for you sins and rose again, as prophesied and recorded in the Word of God.
C: Call on His name, ask Him to save you, and confess that He is Lord.

Some resources that may help:
TTB.org has a verse by verse Bible Study for download or daily listening.
Chuck Missler’s Learn the Bible in 24 Hours (youtu.be/PZ3hESj__M8)
Robert Breaker’s Bible Study and Topical Sermons (youtu.be/H124iZiyGUs)
J.D. Farag’s Bible Study and Prophecy Updates ( youtu.be/UK4b6tGThI4 )

Clearlywrittendotnet YouTube channel details near future events. (youtu.be/zRrkUymeST4)

BlueLetterBible.org has a free online bible & apps with cross references.

OneForIsrael.org is a group of Israeli Jews who know Jesus is their messiah.

Unsealed.org tracks information that points to Jesus’s soon return.

Watchfortheday.org shows how many world events are prophetically and numerically linked.

The End is nigh. Tomorrow may be too late.

Attached: image.jpg (1583x2048, 459K)

I’ve always supported metric, or at least putting both metric and imperial on everything.

Have you ever been to the UK nigger loving clown boy?

Yes,
It's especially helpful when sorting by date.

Why hasn't Europe converted to the Metric form of time yet?

FFS everyone, the United States doesn't use the imperial system. We use United States Customary Units or USCS.

>America doesn't use the Metric System

Attached: 2-liters-min.jpg?fit=888%2C888.jpg (888x888, 95K)

heh quite good. Top form.

>europoors too stupid to memorize anything but base-10

Our economy makes up 25% of the world, and drives the rest of it. We can do what we want. Fuck you.

Commonly refered to as “Imperial”, we call it that because it was the “imperial” unit of the British Empire, we can call it what ever the fuck you like, but that’s basically saying the same things as “I speak American, not English”

Can’t you be the best, richest, biggest balls country AND use the metric system?

Can't you use Metric time?

because I design everything in mils

Because fuck you thats's why

We mostly use the metric system for engineering and manufacturing. We use imperial for every day stuff like driving to the store or buying a correctly sized piece of lumber.

They are not the same systems you moron. While they share many common measurements, they also use many different measurements such as bushels and gallons.

>their stupid diabeetus juice is measured in metric units
The ironing

>drives the rest of it
Sit down, crippledick. The rest of the world will muddle through without you. You jews are 200% dispensable and pretending otherwise will never get your dick back.

Strangely, PC board layout designers work in mils almost everywhere.

>We mostly use the metric system for engineering and manufacturing.

No we dont.

>tfw 2.2 bsh. dicklet

Attached: 1465854501760.jpg (500x334, 44K)

Nobody does, you dumb goy!

>op contradicts himself 2 replies in

Everything science and tech related in the USA is done in metric. Schools require you to learn the metric system for everything science related.
It has been that way for the past few decades you inbred retards.

You mean like milliseconds? Ok.

>always the best bantz

How many milliseconds are in a second? And how many seconds are in a minu-

Attached: Clock-french-republic-565x575_1.jpg?itok=c1DgTR08&resize=1100x1100.jpg (1081x1100, 89K)

Attached: WAIT A MINUTE - R U TRYIN 2 TRICK ME.jpg (1140x641, 51K)

TIL metric system is Jew-jitsu. All hail our imperial overlords

>jew-jitsu
I'm keeping that, thanks

Because the actual length of feet and inches is far more useful in the real world than millimeters and centimeters.

because it's an inhuman system the imperial system of measurement makes sense to us

who fucking cares, god europeans are pathetic. Next you'll whine that we call your gay sport soccer.

make up a good story or song about a twentyfivepointfourmillimeterworm.

There's a dude on /sp/, I think Costa Rican, who always asks if there's an American City that hates American Sports but loves Soccer

fuck!

Attached: inchworm.png (799x509, 142K)

Because they are used to Imperial and can't deal with getting used to something new

>Why
Because we are retarded but we are also the big swinging dick of the planet so fuck off with your common sense

The 10 hour day was pretty dumb. A hundred hour day would have made more sense because you would only need two digits to say what time it was, instead of usually 3-5 with a 24 hr clock:

6 am = .25
2:24 pm = .60
1 pm = .54

June 5 at 2:24 pm = June 5.60

So you're saying we do use the metric system. God you're a stupid fucking Kraut.

#12 has more divisible's 1,,,2 and 3. #10 has only 2.and 5

>1,,,2 and 3
2, 3, 4, 6
ftfy

The French Decimal time went way further than that.

Attached: 6a11f8e30630e1477e5b8f00d169b805.png (940x578, 396K)