MORTALITY

How do you deal with mortality? How do you cope with inevitable nonexistence?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (560x363, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DVWh7OgBkTc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nonexistence is impossible, so there's nothing to cope with.

Extreme anxiety

If I die, I die, till then I fight. That's how she goes.

Wish for it

Oh god I’m so lonely

Quantum suicide

Attached: 1539142715954.jpg (599x740, 50K)

Attached: 1538098167681.jpg (750x947, 778K)

this

Mors certa, hora incerta.

Attached: 7645342310982.png (211x239, 5K)

This lol, to think that theres nothing after death is the ultimate in brainlessness

I find it rather comforting, you won't have to deal with life anymore, you don't have to worry about anything because you won't remember anything anyway when you don't exist.

youtube.com/watch?v=DVWh7OgBkTc

Facing it and accepting it? Also drugs

There is always desire to be something more within human. Usually it manifest itself through materialistic ways, sexual ways, through drugs or parenthood example. It is endless chasing, rat-race that leads nowhere but keeps you busy through own creation that people calls as life.

We can't remember our time as toddlers because we didn't exist in that time. We had no identity. Only when years has gone while we gathered data from our environment we created identity. When we have our identity, we decide what matters to us. Then we experience impulsive feelings when things didn't go as we wanted.

We are piece of life that creates own image and plays it (Genesis 1:27 So God created man in His own image). We get so tangled to our own creation that it can kill us and bring us into hell. We think that something or someone causes our misery even when we alone create everything within.

We have all this mysterious desire to do something, be something more. It usually manifest itself through sexual ways, materialistic ways, through parenthood, dating, drugs, games, food, alcohol.. you name it. Through that it leads nowhere, it keeps us happy for a moment and then we need more. So where we are now? We are piece of life that want to experience bigger part of it. Through physical ways it finds not that part and when that need to expand finds no expression we create this pain within. So what to do? This is what meditation is all about. We wan't to think nothing, be nothing because that is just the data we gathered from the physical and created self from it. When we learn to be still, just be as piece of life, something start to happen that seems to expand you into everywhere. It seems to that consciousness, awareness is the basic that exist and everything else is manifest of it.

What (((they))) wan't is to bind us more and more into physical, sins, into that rat-race i wrote about above, so that we wouldn't learn or even think about this.

Attached: 1539134477948.jpg (750x741, 124K)

WAT WUZ LIFE LIEK BEFORE U WERE BORN? DAT IZ WAT IT IZ LYKE WHEN U DEAD

HAHAH ME SO SMART

Attached: hx4Prda.jpg (228x221, 5K)

you accept that death will one day come and you live your life to the fullest. by browsing good ol pol

But I can prove it. Make sure not to ask, because I'm so fucking brainlet.

I don't think about it now.
I won't think about it after.

i used to think about death a lot when i was a young teen. mostly at night. doesnt bother me now, i feel like a part of us lives on through our offspring. so as long as i have a bunch of children ill be fine with dying.

This

With anticipation

Being a tax slave is a pointless existence

I was agreeing with you moron

now that I have kids, the anxiety has shifted over to the feeling of never again being able to see them and the pain of a parent dying that they have to deal with.. its a far deeper feeling about death than when I didnt have kids.

I was talking to the other guy, and confirming your post.

Smoke DMT

The soul is eternal user, you have and will live forever, only your body is temporary

>inevitable nonexistence

Attached: 1536633639730.jpg (399x437, 18K)

We're all going to die in the end. You can't stop it. It's a constant and our lives are variables. It's what you do before then that defines you. Are you going to live like a timid mouse, scared of trying or leaving the house in case you get hurt or die? Or are you going to live life on your own terms without fear?

That's why we need to fight now, instead of capitulating and living the rest of our lives on our knees. There's no escaping death; the only thing that can be influenced is how and when death occurs.

Reproduce and have children

actual brainlet here can you pls elaborate?

i've loved the idea of quantum immortality ever since i first heard it. too bad we're past the age of theogenesis or else a whole religion could be built around that concept

Google the short story "Divided by Infinity" if you're unfamiliar and interested

Attached: 1379373256910.gif (220x165, 1.96M)

I mean, you just do. How do you deal with taking a shit? Do that, but bigger.

Life is so stressful and depressing nowadays I wouldn't mind just dying and becoming nothingness.

You are already nothing, Leaf.

>How do you cope with inevitable nonexistence
I actually came here to post a thread about this. Spooky as I rarely see threads on this particular subject, maybe once or twice in a year, but this is very specific.

user, the reality of the situation is that it is impossible for existence to exist without divine intervention. Ignore the details, ignore the scientific persuit of the fractal universe in which they will just keep finding that it is larger and larger or smaller and smaller infinitely and ask yourself about perception its self. Look around you, how is any of this possible? They don't know the answer and likely never truly will, because it is impossible. It is literally impossible for this to exist. Either it has always existed, in which case divine intervention has to have started said loop, or there was a point at which none of this existed, at which electrons and qwarks didn't exist which implies divine creation. It is impossible to escape the fact that, despite their efforts to distract you, reality its self is proof of the divine and no science has an answer.

It makes me motivated to find a nice wife and raise a lot of children to be healthy and productive members of society and to carry on my political aspirations.

Thanks for reminding me.

Attached: 1538261266995.jpg (924x571, 81K)

10/10

How do you deal with reincarnation and the fact that no matter how lucky you got in this life, you personally will experience gruesome and torturous deaths, billions and billions of times over as long as there is life in the universe and there's literally nothing at all that you can do about it?

Attached: 1528278942107.png (600x600, 92K)

I take the chad Heidegger approach. Death is just an obstacle. Its debatable whether this obstacle will stop us, or if we keep going. In fact, nobody can say for sure. What we do know is that its an obstacle. Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one. I'm trying to be the best version of myself that I can, before I meet this obstacle.

You go where you want to go when you die and I want to not exist. Life isn't worth living if it's never ending.

by raising my children well.

honestly ive never ever cared. ive tried and failed. i guess that makes me a sociopath but i have no feelings towards death or fear for that matter.

i rememebr smashing bullies faces of cement walls not caring of consiquences. i remember leaping in front of a car when my buddy pushed my brother infront of one. stuff im supposed to probably avoid including confronting troubling customers isnt even worth a second though.

sometimes i think im trying to die. i kinda think of death as something that doesnt matter if it happens because i will be dead.

Attached: gundamxd.png (774x656, 457K)

>inevitable nonexistence
If I can exist once, I can exist again. The ride never ends.

And death shall have no dominion.
Dead men naked they shall be one
With the man in the wind and the west moon;
When their bones are picked clean and the clean bones gone,
They shall have stars at elbow and foot;
Though they go mad they shall be sane,
Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again;
Though lovers be lost love shall not;

Under the windings of the sea
They lying long shall not die windily;
Twisting on racks when sinews give way,
Strapped to a wheel, yet they shall not break;
Faith in their hands shall snap in two,
And the unicorn evils run them through;
Split all ends up they shan't crack;

No more may gulls cry at their ears
Or waves break loud on the seashores;
Where blew a flower may a flower no more
Lift its head to the blows of the rain;
Through they be mad and dead as nails,
Heads of the characters hammer through daisies;
Break in the sun till the sun breaks down,

It's simple, and it was even in the Monty Python film 'Holy Grail.'

So first, non-existence is not possible. What do you expect, blackness? If you see blackness after death, that means you exist. But in regards to ACTUAL non-experience, it does not exist. How can you say something that doesn't exist, exists? That's what non-experience is: a state that does not exist, or a non-state.

But the main argument is this: Let's say you didn't exist on any level before you were born. Out of that non-state, you were born and became conscious, and when you die, what difference is there between the non-state after death, and the one before birth? Therefore, you will again be conscious after "death." Therefore in fact, there are no gaps of non-existence, since, again, non-existence is not a state.

It's a simple concept but hard to explain. It cannot be refuted, I'm telling you. Once you get it... it's over.

>be me, manically depressed since childhood
>5 close friends die withon 2 years in seperate freak accidents
>start making preparations to an hero
>sister dies at 30 from overdose
>parents become ill
>decide to wait till parents die before an heroing
>2 years drag on and they both miraculously recover
>tfw I just want to blow my brains out but don't want to put my parents through another one of their childrens death
>mfw everyone thinks im normal
It's amazing how much your priorities change when self preservation is out the window

Attached: 1538852627905.gif (432x610, 3.04M)

Well thanks to denial, I'm immortal!

You exit the VR machine and like everyone else you make some comment about how it was so real

I don't care, because either I'll go to hell no matter what I do or I will feel nothing. Life sucks, then you die.

Attached: Just_fuck.gif (367x498, 820K)

Beauty

I will never die. I will just become increasingly unlikely.

Then the question becomes is the universe one big cycle and we perpetually live out the same lives for eternity or is there some element of randomization

Death is beautiful because life is suffering. The idea that you can get out of this game at any moment is so liberating. There's literally NOTHING to lose.

It's better than the alternative.

But my monkey brains says nothing, so nothing!

It's like living in a cardboard box your whole life and trying to guess what's on the outside unless you open it

Attached: IMG_0872.jpg (194x259, 19K)

This is why people like us don't have kids. People don't get it because they didn't suffer enough. They think life is GREAT and God has a special plan for them. "It always happens to the other guy, har har har." - Boomerfag

Wish for it on a daily basis

I think of how everybody will remember me when I die before I take any action. Sometimes, I’ll write Soren Kierkegaard style like I’m gonna die tomorrow, sometimes I decide to take a chance and do something unexpected.

Attached: FE6C247B-1561-454D-A2E4-847105B0E185.png (200x234, 26K)

I embrace it, i can't wait to be an inanimate pile of bones. I did just watch my dad die, watch him slowly loose color and warmth. I deal with extreme anxiety 24/7 no rest, constant agony and suffering so that may be why I want to die.
You smoke weed?
This or mushrooms, they give it to terminally ill most don't fear death then, i tried it, death seems less scary.
holy shit, me 2, have u ever thought about making a good change before u go? take down as many bad ppl?

Attached: FireShot Capture 011 - France _ Truck Attack Kills 80 in Nic_ - https___somaliaone.net_2016_07_15_.p (609x376, 520K)

I am sorry that you are all suffering.
Eat pineapple daily and I will pray for you.

I obviously have different circumstances but we're essentially in the same boat

I accept that it is what it is. I am comfortable with this life being my only life. Honestly, I hope there is eternal oblivion when I die. I'd rather not exist anymore than continue on in some other way, shape, or form. I don't want to live forever or reincarnate.

This is just my own opinion on the matter. I respect that you other anons have your views on death.

Attached: 1474641417157.png (592x565, 321K)

Knowing that my deeds, actions, and contributions to my civilization and family will out live me.

And you.
I am sorry that you are suffering.
There is a light, however unreal and distant it may seem to you at the moment.

To the shores of Tripoli;
We fight our country's battles
In the air, on land, and sea;
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean;
We are proud to claim the title
Of United States Marine.

Our flag's unfurled to every breeze
From dawn to setting sun;
We have fought in every clime and place
Where we could take a gun;
In the snow of far-off Northern lands
And in sunny tropic scenes,
You will find us always on the job
The United States Marines.

Here's health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve;
In many a strife we've fought for life
And never lost our nerve.
>If the Army and the Navy
>Ever look on Heaven's scenes,
>They will find the streets are guarded
>By United States Marines.

God is a little sore at us but Jesus put me down for guard duty for eternity. I also have it on good authority that you non-heathen sinners of Jow Forums are set for KP duty and if you're not a fuck up he might let you watch some old John Wayne movies with The Duke and The Gunny. You norse god following viking sunsofbitches will be happy to know that the femen have decided they like BFGC (big frost giant cock) and have decided to retire there. Ya hear that, Varg?!?! You get to fight feminist for all eternity.

You’re immortal if you have children...

Life is suffering. Death is the end of suffering so I don't care about the details. Death is good. I don't want to die yet, because I need to ease my suffering throughout life. And I want to ease the suffering of the other people too.

Attached: NPC Slayer.jpg (707x2024, 393K)

Not too sure how I feel about it to be honest. I got stabbed when I was 17 and genuinely thought I was going to die so I accepted it and after that it never scared me. Fast forward 11 years and my girlfriend is pregnant, the thought of dying now terrifies me, not because I'm scared of dying but because I don't want to be a deadbeat dad from beyond the grave.

Attached: ratboyandjohn.jpg (1024x680, 148K)

Story in OP's pic?

What happened

>Eat pineapple daily
>trips
Im doing this. Not even going to ask why.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

quantum uncertainty principle suggests some randomness

live in the moment for the sake of posterity I guess. The past is past and the future is shaped by the present, and even though I won't be here for the future humans will, so for the sake of a legacy, even if I live on through anonymous works and nobody ever remembers I existed, at least I can die knowing I tried to improve civilization.

of course when you've got thots running around ending thousands of years of ancestral strugges for the sake of coalburner virtue signalling, and basedboys running around destroying everything their grandparents fought for, it can be hard to think it's even worth it to try and leave something better for the future, and you're totally right. It isn't worth it.

Just live by your conscience and do something you want to do.

I read a lot of near death experiences online and compile the repeated occurrences to prepare myself for crossing over painlessly and pleasantly as possible.

not so fast

Attached: your-great-grandmother-12-kids-your-grandmother-6-kids-your-mother-12178672[1].png (500x512, 101K)

checked.
this board is beyond repair.

If you haven't thought this, chances are you are an NPC.

The oldest story we have possesion of discusses this. Ask the Sumerians.

you cant catch the dragon, stop trying.

get fit enough to pass the old Army PT test (push-ups, sit-ups, 2-mile run, 60%, don't join up unless you really want to) and maintain it. spend a year learning a new subject or something you were always bad at in school. spend a year studying a religion or philosophy. save your shekels and go on a week-long road trip (DC with my brother, NYC by myself). study magic for a year and how it ties into psychology, history, and religion. get a degree from a degree mill and see what kinda job you can get with it, do it for a year. spend a year learning the guitar, get a cheap one from a pawnshop or online. watch the 100 best movies. go to trade school. make shitty drawings and put a story to them, for a year.

become the dragon
death happens for 2 reasons: either god gets tired of you being such a looser, or god gets tired of you being such a winner.
be the dragon to challenge god for the throne

Attached: giphy.gif (480x270, 1.69M)

Trust that my advice is well researched. Enjoy.

All I can tell you is that I've been meditating using the classic non-new-age meditation for 18 years, trying to gain enlightenment, and it changes the course of your life so that you discover the secrets. The universe was created in the spirit of good and evil, and it's all a big organized mess, but also a prison. So you either participate, or you GTFO.

To GTFO, you attain Enlightenment by overcoming the ego, and realizing the Self. So the universe can be seen as an obstacle for Realization, or a distraction.

There is another dimension that is superior to this bullshit, but only Enlightened people go there permanently. It's a place where things like Mozart and even World War 2 are preserved eternally in the time-stream, but also, it is REAL life.

I DON'T, IT FUCKING SCARES ME M8, EVERY DAY IS KIND OF A NIGHTMARISH FEAR STATE

Additionally! ALL poos are stuck on latrine duty until they get re-incarcerated to give life another shot. All others get to herd The Lords celestial live stock. Not so fast Muslims! You're not allowed near the goats. You're tasked with brushing the sharks teeth. AND THEY WILL BE PEARLY WHITE!

That is all.

Lol that's cute.

Attached: 1536774009584.jpg (400x386, 25K)

That's the way she goes boys.

Attached: 1488243946744.jpg (500x376, 28K)

What a gay fucking post.

saved.

me ne frego

If I were to die, right here and now, it wouldn't bother me. But, I'm alive and allowed to be vain, so I try to make my life worth a damn. I've pretty much failed, but I'm trying anyway. I do believe there is something akin to life for the soul after death, but I'm not sober enough right now to deal with ensuing autism over religion and such.

Attached: 1531476226880.gif (500x280, 1009K)

i get 99% of what you’re saying but I’m not sure if I’m understanding you correctly about what happens when you return to that “non-state”. do you have any links of what to read to get a better understanding?

mortality is not a political topic

this

Well you don't have to apologize because I'm glad it happened. I would not have found meditation and all the important things I know without it.

>Nice digits.

heresy

Big ass bowls of weed

Attached: 15243645768479436624.gif (448x252, 2.39M)

Fuckin way of the road bud

>Then the question becomes is the universe one big cycle and we perpetually live out the same lives for eternity or is there some element of randomization

This will blow your mind.. Given infinite cycles even in random configurations, you have already lived every variation of this life and others an infinite amount of times.

I hope I die like Don Corleone at in the Godfather, except maybe without my grandson directly witnessing it.