Why do Christians use the symbol of the cross? it's a pretty horrific way that people were tortured and killed

Why do Christians use the symbol of the cross? it's a pretty horrific way that people were tortured and killed.

Attached: crosses.jpg (772x960, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1CjDeTmqMUk
youtube.com/watch?v=GMieHgRG_MU
youtube.com/watch?v=pJSZcxXe7IQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They probably just think it looks cool.

Attached: 38421.jpg (480x360, 5K)

It's to instill guilt and remind you Jesus died for you.

When i went to church as a kid I was told it was because when Jesus died on the cross, he absolved man of all sin. Keep in mind my family is Protestant.

Two valid reasons:
The cross, action, symbolizes our relationship with God. Eyes on the Father, with the Son in our hearts, clothed in the Holy Spirit.
The cross, object, was directly foreshadowed to Moses putting the serpent on a pole. By looking at the snake, Hebrews were healed of sickness and poisoning. By looking at the cross, our souls are healed.

There are a litany of other reasons, but those spring to mind.

Attached: 1503793514536.jpg (575x501, 33K)

Ask me who is LORD.

Attached: 1539470978435.png (720x644, 51K)

because Christians are retards

pic related, Christian art

Attached: Georges_Rouault_-_Christ_Mocked_by_Soldiers_1123.jpg (800x1026, 245K)

Go be a schizo dicksucker somewhere else.

Attached: leftist trash.png (933x581, 99K)

Kind of what I always thought growing up, but I guess it represents the sacrifice he made.

Do you even know what Christianity is OP?

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. - Luke 9:23

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. - John 16:33

Ask me who is L-ORD

The other thing is that the cross represents Jesus/God’s outstretched arms to accept all who come to Him.

The other thing is the the wood represents the ‘tree of life’ as opposed to the ‘tree of the knowledge of good and evil’ - there were two trees in the garden of eden (interesting bit of info if you didn’t know).

Cross, the principal symbol of the Christian religion, recalling the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ and the redeeming benefits of his Passion and death. The cross is thus a sign both of Christ himself and of the faith of Christians.

It's literally the first thing that google responds with when you search for your question. OP, are you so faggot stupid that you don't know what a fucking search engine is?

Odin is LORD.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1CjDeTmqMUk

Attached: 1539490869216.jpg (400x388, 45K)

I'm pretty sure it's a bastardized version of the Egyptian Ankh.

>the body is physically present in the elements

Attached: 1530146963649.png (688x418, 585K)

Thank you mr poo in in loo poster for using a meme flag, I truly mean that, because when I see your flags I want to vomit, but when you meme flag it I smile inside and think to my self, I have been a good boy and done right because you are no longer using your shit poo in loo flag. Carry on, enjoy, thanks again

see Mark Passio WOEIH

Attached: 198.jpg (1024x768, 116K)

The image of Christ dying on the cross exhibits both his most humble and most powerful moment. It demonstrates that Christ understands the broken and wounded, as they can be reassured that at that moment Christ was also broken and wounded.

The concept of God humbling himself to the point of incarnating as man and allowing his own people to enact a torturous murder on him is a uniquely Christian concept. Therefore it makes sense that the image of the crucifixion would be used to symbolize the religion.

Attached: 300px-Titian_1558_Ancona_Crucifixion.jpg (300x555, 40K)

If you need to ask that question, I doubt you'll understand the answer...

Attached: 191.jpg (1024x768, 56K)

Attached: 424.jpg (1024x768, 142K)

Personally, I prefer the ichthys

Attached: ichthys.png (225x225, 3K)

41Therefore, the Jews murmured about him, because he had said: “I am the living bread, who descended from heaven.”42And they said: “Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? Then how can he say: ‘For I descended from heaven?’ ”43And so Jesus responded and said to them: “Do not choose to murmur among yourselves.44No one is able to come to me, unless the Father, who has sent me, has drawn him. And I will raise him up on the last day.45It has been written in the Prophets: ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has listened and learned from the Father comes to me.46Not that anyone has seen the Father, except he who is from God; this one has seen the Father.47Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes in me has eternal life.48I am the bread of life.49Your fathers ate manna in the desert, and they died.50This is the bread which descends from heaven, so that if anyone will eat from it, he may not die.51I am the living bread, who descended from heaven.52If anyone eats from this bread, he shall live in eternity. And the bread that I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world.”53Therefore, the Jews debated among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”54And so, Jesus said to them: “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you will not have life in you.55Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.56For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.57Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.58Just as the living Father has sent me and I live because of the Father, so also whoever eats me, the same shall live because of me.59This is the bread that descends from heaven. It is not like the manna that your fathers ate, for they died. Whoever eats this bread shall live forever.”

But, that's not why we're here.

Made from a tree (Eden). Intersection of two planes at a single point (incarnation). Unpacked cube (Holiest of Holies). Instrument of execution (Sacrifice). Memento mori. Simple to draw. Looks cool.

the cross was canonized into Catholicism when Constantine converted, citing a vision where he saw a cross in the sky

Noice.

Attached: bc4258c9-59fd-43cc-8dc2-24082f74ee41.png (432x611, 496K)

>Worship crosses
Dear idiots, we do not worship anything except for God himself, stop believing that we worship shit like crosses, paintings, sculpture, or saints/Mary. They are prayed to, not worshiped.

>They are prayed to, not worshiped.

Attached: 1534230493637.png (730x844, 137K)

>be a general in the Beast Empire of Satan
>get a vision of light in the shape of a cross
>tell everyone this means Jesus wants you to establish a physical kingdom on this earth
>just ignore that Jesus said "My Kingdom is not of this world" at His trial.

Why do you think Satan changed the symbol of Christianity from the ICTHYS to the cross?

It's a reminder to the sacrifice our God made for us all.

Its a death cult.
They literally think they're eating a guys body and blood.

he saw a chi ro.

Attached: banana.jpg (600x379, 43K)

It symbolizes victory over death. It reminds us that in this world, we'll face trials and tribulations, but in the next world, we'll be in perfect harmony with God and free from pain, suffering, and persecution. It also reminds us that we must be obedient to God, even unto death. In the book of Daniel, while in captivity by the Babylonians, the Babylonian king has a massive statue of himself made. He decrees that once a day, trumpets will blow and every person in his kingdom regardless of rank will bow their knee to his statue and worship him as a god. Daniel and his friends refuse, the king has them tossed into a furnace (Jews will be Jews) and has the executioner make the fire three times hotter than usual. The guards tremble to the ground as they see the three men walking around in the flames unharmed and a fourth figure (Jesus) shining brightly in there with them. The three men are brought out without so much as the smell of smoke on their clothes. In Revelation, God warns that when the third temple is rebuilt (very soon), the anti-Christ will reveal himself and demand to be worshiped as God. Anyone who bows the knee and receives his mark on their hand (to do commerce) will be condemned to hell.

The cross reminds us who our master is and that we follow only him and bend the knee only to him, even if it means our deaths.

>Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Matthew 28: 20

How did Protestants get convinced that Christianity is exclusively and specifically about death?

Attached: 3c40f61b-74d0-4e7d-a96a-f2ac8175c339.jpg (1242x980, 153K)

JFK is my favorite historical figure. I think I'll start wearing a replica bolt action rifle and CIA hit squad around my neck

>Christians use the symbol of the cross
...to re-inforce their self-image of victimhood.

kill niggers
youtube.com/watch?v=GMieHgRG_MU

Bad pepe

youtube.com/watch?v=pJSZcxXe7IQ

Christianity holds suffering as a sacrament and the cross represents that suffering.

>he thinks prayer is worship
Prayer is communication, worship requires reverence and adoration

Did they circumcise him as well?

it was done by us zealots to guilt trip the romans
jesus was indeed the son of god
modern christians live in denial about the gospel message because deep inside they know thet they were used by us
the pharesses and romans where anti zionist cucks that got what they deserved
Jesus told his student to stay away from goy land and to find the lost sheep of israel

Attached: Giotto_-_Scrovegni_-_-27-_-_Expulsion_of_the_Money-changers_from_the_Temple-660x350.jpg (660x350, 78K)

why do Christians, who view the crucifixion of christ as the central event in human history and the key to total human redemption, use a cross as a symbol?
BOOPTY BOOP BOOP GUESS THEY'RE JUST DUMB AND LIKE GUILT

Being this unwoke.

Attached: AlphaOmega.010-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 106K)

א is actually the symbol of a leader so that's pretty red pilled

Attached: 1539466839041.jpg (820x820, 74K)

to never forget that the kikes murdered jesus

The cross is a symbol of suffering. That is the whole point. The symbol of Christian religion is a God dying on the Cross. That is what I find so majestic about it. We are born unto suffering, like sparks to fly upwards, and our God suffers with us.

ok k/iky

Attached: Screenshot_20181014-095121.jpg (128x192, 12K)

Attached: jew-wars.jpg (970x713, 50K)

Because Jesus took the cross, a symbol of Roman power and cruelty, and turned it into a message of hope, that torture and even death itself could no longer continue to threaten those who follow Christ, because Christ has already defeated those things. It's basically a statement to all the powers of the Earth that nothing they can do to them on this mortal coil can shake their faith in Christ.

we need to be like those hebrews :))) the ones that god chose. The creator of our universe loved hebrews (at least until jesus haha) they are so important you know
cringe
t. christian

Attached: WWJD.png (625x605, 54K)

BASED bill hicks poster

Attached: bill hicks rifle.gif (480x360, 2.67M)

Muslims use the symbol of the sickle and star simply because the Ottomans conquered a lot of shit using it.

Luke 2:21

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image

Attached: 1525556659489.jpg (720x688, 84K)

That's how the chosen people remind Christians that they killed their Messiah.