Giant Pacific Trash Island

Seems like a ridiculous Jew lie. Redpill me.

Attached: 7715B8FA-33C2-4BCA-917A-FDBF0871099F.png (640x1136, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

searchengineland.com/great-pacific-garbage-patch-on-google-earth-21333
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_extinction
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

searchengineland.com/great-pacific-garbage-patch-on-google-earth-21333

The vast majority of it has been shredded by churning around in the currents all over the place. Still, even the larger bits don't form a solid "land mass", they move around constantly. It's the VOLUME of the garbage that's the relative size of Texas.
And it isn't just the Pacific, virtually every ocean has one now.

>shredded
Still there despite this, though. It's why the term "microparticulate plastics" exists, which is also why I don't eat any seafood anymore.

Oh man enjoy those 3 extra years of paying taxes because you didn't eat shrimp...fuggin retards, you realize we all gotta fucking die right a few more rickety years isn't worth the price of living like a fucking bubble boy scared of your own god damned food

Attached: 1538367676897.jpg (800x804, 77K)

Im not familiar with the exact dimensions of it but the way it looks is exaggerated in a rumor, something of 1cubic mile clumped together would be a huge amount by our standards but looking in a massive pool with thousands of miles to see it would be really difficult, especially since a lot of it is submerged

I can see Australia just fine.

>enjoy those 3 extra years of paying taxes because you didn't eat shrimp
>living like a fucking bubble boy scared of your own god damned food
I simply don't enjoy the idea of eating a fuckton of plastic. I've never eaten bottom feeders like shrimp/lobster/crabs anyway; the fucking roaches of the sea.

>VOLUME
Shirley, you mean AREA

Perhaps. And don't call me shirley. Neither of us are aussies.

Top kek

The plankton's dying, ocean's dying - it's people.

Fucking dead

All of the sewage in the world plus all of the garbage, eventually ends up in the ocean. It's a huge amount of garbage that is produced every day. I'm sure the pollution is tremendous and efforts to reduce it are important.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_extinction
>HOLD OUR BEER, PREVIOUS EXTINCTION EVENTS

Holy kek my sides well done burger

Quite B and very R.

Owwww. You got us you goy you. So redpilled you are. There is no garbage. Keep buying our plastic shit.

Soon they'll be breeding us, like cattle

Try harder Shlomo.

Putin stole it and turned it into a weapon to steal the next US election!

It's not a solid object, and no shit you cannot see a bunch of millimeter / centimeter sized objects floating around meters apart from each other from outer space or on google earth, especially considering google does not photograph the ocean with high enough resolution, and photographing open ocean is not the objective of satellite photos in the first place.

The concept of a garbage patch is generally used to describe the conditions in which plastic waste just remains stuck in a gyre of water currents that keep the trash accumulated in one region of the ocean in the upper layers of the ocean water. It's hard for the debris to escape and it just ends up circling around for decades, there's billions upon billions of tonnes of plastics in the oceans caught in these gyres, the longer it stays in the water, the more the plastics break down into smaller pieces and UV radiation degrades them making them more brittle and prone to flaking off into microplastics which are getting into the food chain.

There is a shit ton of plastic waste in the oceans, mostly from Asia (Japan, China, Vietnam, etc.) since they have much more lax regulations on illegal dumping there than in the west. Also, much of our own plastic waste has been literally shipped to china for the past few decades for disposal and recycling.

yeah fuck the uk

Attached: 1538325019351.jpg (1129x727, 116K)

Very well put all around fellow burger.

Attached: 0241235325441.jpg (800x535, 31K)

absolutely based

Attached: 1532197686632.jpg (336x442, 91K)

10/10

Attached: 52616BDD-8CAE-4292-BF8D-D7BE06C2754B.jpg (650x609, 43K)

Seeing as all US landfills are about 10 cubic miles combined I would say it is absolutely horseshit written in a way to create some dramatic nonsense when in reality there are some particulate in a particular level of saline suspended here and there. Also, there is plenty of other shit discharged from rivers and the ocean does just fine.

>there is plenty of other shit discharged from rivers and the ocean does just fine
Hubris. Can already hear "just fine" echoing.