Does anyone remember when they became self aware?

I remember bits and pieces of my childhood ranging ages 3-5. I remember my fifth birthday party, being a dumb kid, relatives that hated each other, the usual. The next morning, however, I remember waking up and just FEELING different. It was so weird, like waking up from a coma. Even then I knew that I was fully aware, didn't quite understand it, but I could feel it.

Anyone have similar experiences?

Attached: 1539493278788.jpg (746x548, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s8tqFqnrZww
twitter.com/AnonBabble

thinking what others tell you to think < thinking what everyone around you thinks < thinking what you want to think < thinking what you should think < controlling what others think

So you're saying the memories before that day are just what I think I remember because group agreement?

I have memories which haven't happened really in this life. I thought they were but, after i talked about it people that i thought were in those memories they said it haven't happened, after i thought about it, i realized that places where those memories happened, were not in my childhood times, those seem to be from far older times.

Attached: 1538944843003.gif (382x498, 490K)

From what I've heard many children have memories such as that.

Yeah I honestly remember becoming conscious.
Just waking up one morning and being a person when I was about 5.

>Npc goes to bed
>Its all blank
>Cant remember anything
>Says is not an npc
>Has nightmares given by shadows to get fed off of. Says its not a slave or npc.

Attached: 547687364873633.gif (416x435, 500K)

yeah i still know what it felt like to be able to tell the difference between mind noise and my own thoughts. shit was an eye opener, to say the least.

it was like going from feeling like a plastic bag in the wind to realizing youre alive and have choices.

You guys are so lucky... I became self aware when I was in sophomore year of high school. Before then, I couldn't think, I did bad in school, and I couldn't focus. After a certain day, I was able to focus in school and I got my GPA to a 3.0! I wish I had this happen to me sooner... maybe I could have gotten into a good college. This might have something to do with puberty, and women might become self aware faster than males.

Hey fellow non-npcs do you remember when you became a non-NPC? Hahaha I sure do am I right guys

Attached: 1535921714630.jpg (694x530, 37K)

You realize this post is just as inane as the premise of this thread and basically leads to recursion.

>Hey fellow non-npc, remember when you called out those npcs circlejerking in a funny greentext format with an epic reaction image? Hahaha I sure do am I right guy.

Japan flag weak meme power these days

when i was one year old i can still remember the apartment we lived in.

Saving them up for this post

Attached: 2102.jpg (480x360, 37K)

I remember to this wobbly memories of me being a 2 year old looking up at some adults
I remember flashing memories of our garden and my cousins playing in it
and then the actual self-aware memory i got was me in my room playing with toys thats the moment I started to remember properly and somehow could talk

to this day*

Oh. Well, carry on.

A Nigger made a fondleslab.
The rest is history

Attached: iPhone-AP_070109070253.jpg (2052x1539, 365K)

I think it was around 5 for me as well. I had my first realization of the meaning of death and my own mortality. I stared into my own hand and realized one day it will be rotten to dust. It was so frightening I had nightmares for a few weeks until my parents calmed me down.

I do not know what to say. Generally I feel more and more Self-aware than I did before. I feel like i can turn it on and off when need be.
I remember watching an amazing atheist video when I was 13 or so. He seemed incredible to me back then(if I go back and watch his QandA's with cody, I get echoes of that childish awe), even though now he is an absolutely boring degenerate. He taught me how to identify skeptical feelings and dig them out and make them into well-formed thoughts, he taught me not agency itself, but how to make agency in my thoughts. Three years later I would be redpilled after refining this skill.

Attached: 1538096666023.jpg (963x1101, 472K)

I remember...
It started with me going to work for a job at a dig site.It was for some meseum that was undeveloped.
First ten years are alright they give plenty of water. I also remember them encouraging us to drink water.
Then I remember something I learned ago.

>Don't drink the water. They put something into it that makes you forget.

Suddenly years of flashbacks go back into my eyes.
Things like why my arm is always killing me.

I figured out the reason I never go home! I can't go home i'm trapped! Every time i'm delivering something I am told there is another load.

I usually give a snarky regard... I have never ever went home in my life.

I'm working as I speak...

My earliest memory is from when I was two years old. I know our brains aren't 100% reliable in this but I think I was as conscious as I am now back then.

I was in the shower and realized my own mortality, then found i had an inner voice reflecting my thoughts.

i always had a tiny bit of inner thought since toddler years. but i didn't communicate with it or start actually using it to my advantage until mid teenager years. when i have kids im going to try and teach them how to use it

Attached: greatest_view___by_megatruh-d8vbs1x.jpg (750x1036, 386K)

What is the memory of?

Attached: karlshow.jpg (600x315, 56K)

Very good pic
True

I have a single memory from before I could walk or talk. I remember my dad showing me a puppy and I wad super exited so I tried to stand up but fell down again, and remember trying to say that I wanted to be friends with it, but all that came out of my mouth was babbling nonsense that didnt sound anything like the words I wanted to use.

Unbeknost to me, my dad took a photo of the event, so I actually have a photograph of my first remembered sentient thought ocurring. I told him about the event and he was blown away, he couldnt imagine how the hell I could accuratley remember that and produced the photo, which was just as I described it. I wasnt even 1 year old.

I have about a dozen such memories like snapshots between then and age 5, then things begin to follow an increasingly more clearly defined linear narrative.

bonus content:
>age two
>in shower with mother
>point with finger at her snatch
>"mommy, why is yours different?"
>mother tells me its just a scar from having me

cant really bring THAT one up for verification though.

affirmative. I am also now nostalgically recalling so many fond memories of times that I participated in self awareness. It is good. I am motivated by the expierience to support mainstream opinions and support the status quo even more enthusiastically now.

Fucking kek. Nail on the head my man. My own sarcastic views have now been adequately affirmed.

>Does anyone remember when they became self awa
how couldn't i
worst years of my life

i think i even recall my birth though i am not sure if it was really it

Well, a good example of how false memories work goes like this.
>take person who went to disney land at very young age
>get them nostalgically remembering how excited they were to see the people dressed up as cartoon charecters
>"remeber meeting bugs bunny?"
>oh yeah! wow! I was so excited! I sat in his lap while my dad took pictures!
>bugs bunny is not a disney charecter
>The brain associates the suggested idea with vagueley recalled positive feelings and fabricates an image to fit it, and then mistakes it for a memory instead of the imagined image
>the new false memory is really just a patchwork of bits of fragmented real memories, emotional responses, and imagination
>Turns out implanting false childhood memories is so easy that in most cases the targeted individuals brain will actually do it for you given the right prompts snd emotional triggers

Also, people with dementia will do this pretty bad. Its called confabulation, when the brain manufactures something to fill a gap. I once had a guy I used to provide elder care for start spouting gibberish at a doctor halfway through a visit.

Turns out he became confused as to where he was. His brain decided he was confused because he was in a foreign country. He saw a flag from norway on a calender depicting a scene from europe. He then decided that the only way to regain control was to begin speaking norweigian. He could not actually speak norweigian, so he spouted gibberish in the perfect self confident tone of a man whose brain has filled in a temporary lapse in perception with the confabulation that they are now in norway and if they are in norway that must mean they learned how to speak norweigian.

Sitting in the living room by myself playing with toys while the tv plays the evening news. I know it had to be when I was two because of the president I remeber hearing mentioned.

not really a first memory, but I remember when I was 6 me and my friends all thought sex was illegal and that if the police caught you having sex you would go to jail. We also thought that babies came from mommies and daddies sleeping in the same bed for long enough that god would notice they were married and give them a baby.

I actually have a daughter that is under a year old, and I swear to god sometimes the normal dull instinctive baby look on her face will sometimes suddenly become momentarily fully aware of exactly what is going on around her. Its really something to see. Sometimes she will just stare at me with this intense look like she knows exactly who I am and what I am saying.

CHECKED

Attached: A.jpg (608x456, 26K)

Here's Jordan Peterson talking about NPCs

I became so self-aware, that I realized it's better to live as npc.

Attached: aaa2.gif (500x700, 999K)

i became self aware in middle school but even then I was autistic about nearly everything. I was more or less on autopilot there. Wasn’t until I graduated high school when I actually was able to use my brain for more than gliding through the braindead monotiny of the American school system, which I completely bullshitted. Never studied, never cared, never failed a test. I know I always had the voice in my head but didn’t know what it was for a long time lmao.

Then came weed. Did that a lot, not too much, but enough to give me greater perspective and realize everything that will happen in my future is up to my own will. Then I became a man.

I've had the same experience when I was a kid. Waking from bed around 4 or 5 feeling like I was a different person from the prior day. Whether that was actually the case or some dumb bullshit fantasy my child brain cooked up I don't know.

youtube.com/watch?v=s8tqFqnrZww

Stop dehumanizing normal people, you are no different.

\ /
᠌ • ᠌ ᠌ •
᠌ ⎳
᠌᠌ ᠌ ▬

No, I dont remember when I first started thinking, I was a kid for fucks sake.

Similar to my experience. Not sure how old I was but I was sitting on my potty in the living room at the time so definetely before I started school (I'd hope), maybe 3 or 4.

Attached: mQJtWbZbG6dNv81V.webm (480x260, 1.49M)

Stop dehumanizing normal people, you are no different from them.
᠌᠌ ᠌ ᠌\ /
᠌ • ᠌ ᠌ •
᠌ ⎳
᠌᠌ ᠌ ▬

My first memory is about 2.5 years of age, I was watching this Hugo the troll tv show (in Russia he was called Kuzya), discussing it with my mom and picking up dad's pieces of military uniform to create some bullshit uniform of my own (trousers cutoffs as sleeves etc). Coincidentally there's a picture of me wearing this, I don't remember when it was taken, but not in this memory.

I guess so. It wasn't a single event or anything but a long gradual process, but if there was one moment it was Bible Camp in 6th grade. We do fun silly recreational stuff all day and at the end when we're all tired we go to the big church area to listen to a preacher's sermon. He tells us about how we need to find God and accept Christ, and tells us how he can see darkness in some of our souls, about how he knows how some of us have difficulties at home or at school or whatever. He says that those of us that hadn't yet had a formal baptism could go to the front and accept Christ to make it official. I was a sort-of confused kid that had no religious upbringing from birth through ~4th grade when suddenly my parents started pushing fundie stuff on me, so even though I already had a baptism I decided to do it again just in case there was some technicality I was unaware of that caused the first one to fail. A bunch of kids, probably at least 20% of the entire group (100s) make our way to the front and kneel and say prayers. I'm sitting there just saying what they tell me to say, and when I look around all the kids have tears streaming down their faces, like they've been truly transformed, and the whole time I'm trying to fake tears and realize that I can't do it.

I still consider myself to be religious, and I'm not saying that religious people are automatically NPCs, but it made me realize how susceptible some people are to manipulation.

Although in 2nd grade I remember Ms Robertson kept confusing addition and multiplication. I kept correcting her and after the 3rd time she got really angry at me and told me to stay quiet. I always had a bit of tism and never really noticed formal societal rules. In 4th grade I stuttered when announcing my name at the geography bee and everyone laughed. When I saw my friend was laughing too I yelled "Shut up AJ!" in front of basically the entire school. They actually shut up after that (probably out of embarrassment for me being a sperg).

Don't really remember my first self aware thought, but something adjacent. My grandma died when I was six, and I remember sitting in bed with a stuffed cat she had given me for Christmas the year before. The cat had buttons in it that would say different things if you pushed them, and if you pinched the ear it would yell "oowww, that hurts!"

In a sudden rush of realization I knew that the cat didn't actually feel pain, it was just an object, it would keep existing after I eventually died too. I sat in the dark crying, trying to come up with a way to explain why I felt so empty, and feeling guilty that my grandma's last gift filled me with dread.

>be me, a boy in elementary school
>its a sunny day, sitting on a bench outside school
>contemplating life
>suddenly realize a life changing revelation
>"I love myself"
>suddenly, everything makes sense, i accept myself, i know what i am here for, i'm dedicated to use my gift to guide and help people, with the newly discovered inner Wisdom i want the server others to improve themselves, it feels fantastic, i have a purpose
>fast forward 20+ years
>be over 30
>lost the gift, not longer possess inner Heart Wisdom, I'm not sure how I lost it but i suspect it might be connected to having sex and drugs
>without the gift I no longer can serve others with inner knowledge, feels bad

mission control, have I failed?

I definitely remember, I was a few months away from being 4 years old

it was a morning where like my vision became "online" and my awareness was continuous, I knew my parents where lying to me about my baby bottle and that they did not want to give it to me. I was upset but I went outside and started playing in the beautiful summer sun

I have memories from before, even when I was smaller than 2 and my parents took me to get some vaccine and I was scared as fuck, the day was cloudy, the doctor place was old, with shitty grey tiles on the floor, and I knew I will get stinged and it will hurt

I was 2, my nan said that we all die and I thought to myself "but some of us come back". People always remarked that I and lately my son, were like little old men.

Dunno. I drowned in lake michigan and was confirmed dead for 2 minutes. I can't remember anything before the incident. I just remember struggling to reach the surface thrashing about remembering that my mom said to kick and flail my arms. I drifted to the bottom still conscious looking at the sunlight coming through the water. It was very peaceful I wasn't struggling anymore. When I blacked out I felt no pain or anything I was in complete bliss. Then I woke up in the hospital. I also had sex with my sister when I was 12.