Why can’t you drink at 18 but you could join the military and die before legally allowed to drink in the USA?

Why can’t you drink at 18 but you could join the military and die before legally allowed to drink in the USA?

Attached: DWLgLk2VAAA7q0y.jpg (563x238, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drunkard.com/08_02_fighting_madd/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because you need to be smarter than a soldier in order to handle booze, op.

Alcohol is bad for you.

But seriously the reason it was changed from 18 to 21 is because there was a lot of drunk driving accidents when it was at 18. You know American excess...

\ö/

Honestly? because teenagers are wreckless maniacs and make dumb decisions. I wish i never partied as much as i did back in those days.

Attached: 1530484332267.png (716x537, 484K)

Voting, guns and alcohol should all be relegated to people age 21 and over. Kids/zoomers can't be expected to make sound decisions.

>Alcohol is bad for you.
Why is alcohol bad for you? If you know how to handle it and dont drink hard licoure to much it pretty harmless. In Germany you are legally alowed to drink alcohol with the age of 14 and we dont have alcohol abuse problems. But maybe its just that because we have an long beer tradition.

here are german drinking laws

Attached: alcohol.jpg (1342x979, 95K)

Dude I told you, DRUNK DRIVING ACCIDENTS.

Why do you ignore the actual answer and fall for the bait response?

I didnt ignore it, I told you we dont have this problems here...

Yeah you did.
>You know American excess...
>because teenagers are wreckless maniacs and make dumb decisions

We don't have beer tradition, 1 casual beer with dinner.

When teenagers start drinking, it's at parties, and they binge drink to get hammered, because nobody taught them responsible drinking, they are just taught "no drinking."

In the US drinking is about drinking as much as you can until you pass out and puke.

>and they binge drink to get hammered
well that happens here too the first few times of drinking but with the growing age its getting uncool to get hammered here and people will not invite you over anymore.

>hey are just taught "no drinking."
maybe thats the wrong way of teaching, teenagers always want to "bad" thinks they are not allowed to do.

It is the wrong way of teaching it, but you're not likely to be able to fix it.

This is actually something people already know here and discuss. But it's difficult to create a policy that allows 14 year olds to drink a beer. You can try though.

alcohol is inherently worse than guns. guns are used to defend yourself, and alcohol makes you lose judgement.

i've been a gun owner since 12 and never shot anyone. however, everytime i drink i lose my judgement. (the two are unrelated btw, i don't drink w/ guns)

btw H.H.

Which kills more?

Ever hear of mothers against drunk driving? They were the main group that lobbied to raise the drinking age.

>Anyone following drinking laws ever
Goddamn, how cucked even is the west?

t. drinking since 14

>Which kills more?
okay lets forbid kids to leave the house until 21, I bet the most of them die when they are outside of their house.

Attached: 8nRqoXW.png (800x729, 48K)

You can join the Bundeswehr at 16 and drink a beer at 16. What’s the problem?

>tfw alcohol kills way more than the first two combined

Attached: 145406940.png (1600x900, 783K)

I said USA, learn to read.

Not that it's hard to drink underage here but it's much more strict in bars and places to purchase beer, you can't just hope the guy is cool to sell you alcohol like you can in Europe
I know it's like that because in Europe I was clubbing and getting drunk at like 17

>avatarfagging
why avoid the question?

Alcohol is a toxin with no health benefits. It inhibits cellular function. That's why it's called getting intoxicated. Yes OP, it's bad for you. I enjoy a drunk night from time to time, but don't be a cool wine aunt & try to say it isn't bad for you.

>legal if accompanied by parents
No exceptions in amerishart, "providing alcohol to a minor" I believe is a felony here

>flag
>drinking since 14
czecks out

>Alcohol is a toxin with no health benefits
everything kills you if do it to much, that is not exclusive to alcohol. If you drink from time to time and not every day you wont get any health problems.

Ah that a good *sip*

Attached: D84BE352-7CDA-4514-BD3E-1BCB686D2358.jpg (1024x614, 135K)

What do the 18yo kids in the army do on their free time if they don't drink then?
I started drinking when I joined the military and not having an apero with your comrades here is heavily frowned upon.

Are you new german? Can you not read? Alcohol may not neccessarily kill you. And yes, processing food is somewhat a strain on your body but alcohol is literal poison. even in low doses it causes damage and brings no health benefits

My guess is Jews.

>but alcohol is literal poison
that where you are wrong

hearty chuckle

Attached: muhreen (3).png (806x908, 619K)

>What do the 18yo kids in the army do on their free time if they don't drink then?
fucking eachother in the ass I guess?

How so?

Does people care about legal drinking age in the West?

We technically have the same laws when it comes to selling alcohol to minors, but I've been buying alcohol since I was 13.

Attached: f0603105d665e4623074f7985d8e0480.jpg (1280x1707, 282K)

You are right. The legal age for alcohol should be lowered

*Do people
Fugg

german purity law permits only water, hops, and malt as ingredients so our beer is 100% organic and without chemicals.

Attached: bier_grundzutaten.jpg (960x340, 376K)

No mugwort at all anymore? Hops is estrogenic.

>No mugwort at all anymore?
no

>Hops is estrogenic.
if you drink a beer now and then you wont grow a vagina. The amount makes the poison.

Should just use mugwort again, it's a sin they ever switched to hops.

>again
what do you mean with "again"? , the purity law is the same since 500 years.

And what were the ingredients before that?

>And what were the ingredients before that?
everything people liked to add

Mugwort. How do I know this and you don't?

>its not poison because its organic
As a german why do you have such low iq? Are you a piss head that destroyed enough of his brain cells drinking organic german beer or were you just born this way?

Attached: poisonousmushrooms.inpost.jpg (350x243, 156K)

are you retarded? you need hops to create alcohol, mugwort were just added to the beer to add spice.

are you retarded or do you pretend to be? The amount of something consume is the poison. You wont have any negative effects of drinking alcohol if you only do it sometimes because your body can handle it.

God I miss the Marine Corps

Don't know about other states, but TX law allows a parent or legal guardian to provide drinks to their minor offspring. It's up to the serving establishment whether or not to permit this. Some do; many don't.

No, parents can give alcohol to kids under 21.

You make a good point Hans

We should lower the drinking age

AR-15 is not an assault rifle, you are retarded and your country is even gayer than mine

Because fuck you, that's why.
I wish I could buy weapons here. It's the only thing I envy the Ameribros for.

>Voting, guns
so no constitutional rights until 21 years old? You sound like that Cuckservative Rick Scott running for senate in FLORIDA

Both Florida candidates for senate are gun grabbers. Between Bill Nelson a lame duck Democrat gun grabber who keeps trying to ban guns or Rick Scott a Republican RINO who actually banned bump stocks AND 18 to 20 yr old adults from buying ALL FIREARMS and blames the dems for not having common sense gun control.

Alcohol kills brain cells, even with consuming little amount of it. Just because your body can "handle" it doesnt mean its not harmful

walking in a city and inhale car exhaust fumes is also killing your brain cells. But because its just a little amount every day you wont feel any helath problems if you dont live in fucking china.

That species of amanita will just make you feel sick for a day or two unless you eat a shitload of them. As correctly points out
>the amount of something you consume is the poison. Post hemlock next time, that shit will actually off you.

>Post hemlock next time, that shit will actually off you.
didn't mean to greentext this part

If you join the military you can drink at 18 though

The age to vote should be raised to 25 to vote for congress and 35 to vote for president. If you can't be a representative, why should you be able to choose one?

t. salty zoomer

This Guy is right.
Why can't we get a pistal at 18?

>Why can't we get a pistal at 18?
in most state you can, you just cant buy from a licenced dealer. Private sale or a gift is usually fine
>41 states have legal private party sales. no background check, no registration, completely off the ATF radar.

Depends entirely on the state whether the parents can or not. However it's illegal to sell to anyone under 21 across the board.

Attached: 1524473440878.png (512x478, 476K)

>AR15
>Assault rifle

>However it's illegal to sell to anyone under 21 across the board.
In Most states only if you are a FFL or an importer is it a crime to sell a handgun to 18yr old. Federal law allows possession at 18 it just regulates FFLs to 21

It was 18 for all three until the government started fucking with shit. Alcohol is mostly because we have no public transportation, and high school kids were running into each other. Handguns was part of "muh compromise" on gun confiscation. They wanted all of them but all they could get was raising the age by three years. They didn't get to rifles because the fudds actually stood up for those.

I think anything that requires an age requirement should be raised to 25 because the brain doesn't finish developing until 25. Sub-25s are still retarded teenagers

Attached: 1539462949307.png (480x138, 68K)

> because the brain doesn't finish developing until 25. Sub-25s are still retarded teenagers
speak for yourself

>Why can’t you drink at 18 but you could join the military and die before legally allowed to drink in the USA?

Mother Against Drunk Driving lobbied congress to raise the drinking age and make no exceptions. You can blame women for ruining the age of adulthood.

>requirement should be raised to 25
Then make everyone under 25 a minor, let their parents be responsible for everything and be forced to care till 25. No R rated movies, no rental cars, no hotel rooms and make it so fucking a 16yr old when you're 24 isn't a crime

You cool with that?
>How olds your daughter?

Attached: 1537647263892.jpg (655x766, 37K)

you started this retarded thread so, I'm pretty sure this guy is right.

Don't forget the woman who started it was fired because she realized it was taken over by prohibitionists and started critiquing her own organization.

drunkard.com/08_02_fighting_madd/

>you started this retarded thread
how is this tread retarded? Seems more like your laws are retarded.

highway/ road funding by the state and DOT

Attached: 1467688052311.png (641x481, 350K)

That's one of those pilpul campaigns. Without exception it is illegal to sell it to a minor, or provide it free of charge to a minor that doesn't have their parent's permission. Then, we have a divergence in state laws, where minors are either not permitted, or can drink with a parent's permission, or with their supervision.

But they would rather people not know these things, so they just vaguely warn that it is illegal. A half truth, but when something is half true, it is half false.

you show a photo of a rifle, handgun and a bottle of alcohol and then ask
>Why can’t you drink at 18 but you could join the military and die before legally allowed to drink in the USA?
knowing full well the answer to your own question.
>your laws

therefor, you're retarded and this user is right.

>lower drinking age
>more young people suddenly start joining the military because alcohol impairs judgment

Actually, if you enlist at 18 - you can buy liquor on base.

same answer for both questions: because your mind is still developing at 18.

18 year olds are more impressionable less critical, and not likely to have an established career going yet.

>knowing full well the answer to your own question.
your laws are retarded and dont make sense? this is the legitimate answer I have to this question

i mean, what kind of person would enlist at age 21? perhaps someone who's bored. they don't want people who get bored easily.

It more important to defend yourself than to drink. You think otherwise OP?

And it's the right answer. You're still a retard for not properly expressing yourself. It's not a bad thing, your brain is still developing. You should've asked
>Why are American laws so retarded
and then gone into your age restrictions, and close with asking American's if they agree/disagree or if they would change them and how/why

Instead, you post this shit. So, you're a retard.

Also, why do you care Germany?

If you want to get technical, it's 21 to purchase. Many states allow drinking below 21 and even 18 if it's on private property and purchased by someone else. And reality is cops don't really care (esp for 18-20 year olds) as long as you're not driving or otherwise being a nuisance to the public.

Still stupid, though. Blame MADD and drunk drivers.

it's actually funny to think about. rather than gung-ho, fresh out of high school children they'd get a bunch of clever/bored slackers who are sick of their everyday drudgery but too lazy to attend college.

>You're still a retard for not properly expressing yourself
how did I not preoperly expressed my self?

>Also, why do you care Germany?
because it dont make sense to me

I was arguing with my friends about raising the age of buying any weapon to 21. I told them how dumb that is because you're allowed to join the military at 18 and use actual assault rifles. But they came back with "it's different because it's a structured environment and they have training." I couldn't make them understand. What would you have said?

Attached: 1536224225374m.jpg (848x1024, 90K)

I literally told you already. No you're just being fucking stupid.

Why do you care about our laws? You're not American. They don't have to make sense to you because they dont have anything to do with you.

I would've told them they're full of fucking shit. During my basic not that long ago we had kids sucking off their guns and doing all kinds of stupid shit pointing them at everybody and doing retarded shit. When we heard a drill coming, everybody freaked out and put their safety from auto to safe. Just because you're in the army doesn't mean that you're any more fit to hold a rifle.

>Why do you care about our laws? You're not American
why not? for what do we even need a politics board where every one from all over the world discuss about poltical things?

Holy shit how hard is it to understand? IT IS HARMFUL. A little amount won't bring in any negative health effects sure, but it doesn't change the fact that it is harmful. Its the same reason you could drink a tiny amount of bleach and survive. Doesn't change the fact that it's shit for you

Because you're basically an old man by 22 in light infantry-T bad knees and my back sounds like a cement mixer

No American's make threads talking about German laws. All I see are foreigners constantly making threads and talking shit about America and our laws.