Gotta love Victor Stinner basedboy programmer removing terms master and slave from terminology in python. :^)

Gotta love Victor Stinner basedboy programmer removing terms master and slave from terminology in python. :^)

1stAmender.com/article.php?articlenumber=1358

Attached: file.png (1009x641, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nim-lang.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=GX-Xtxw3DV4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Guess who already had python on blacklist for updates for the last 2 months, also python2 > python3

I scratched off Master and Slave from all my old IDE drives in honor of brave men who want to fight bigotry and racism. I am posting this to get internet points from my boysoy brethren

Python is a shit language. It’s made for roasties and Rotherham retards that can’t code.

This. Better use Linux

Python as a language is full of shit and surprisingly immature in a lot of aspects for such an old language.

I wish we weren't stuck with this pile of shit as the de-facto standard in so many areas (especially in scientific computing and AI).

This. I heard python was cool so I checked it out. Ya basically a huge collection of pre existing functions that do all of the work for you.

A lot of resources focus on web development, which is a joke. All python web development centers around packages which do all he heavy lifting. You don’t actully code, you just call existing functions

Yep. The fact that it still can't even into Unicode makes it pretty retarded in and of itself. Devs won't bother writing a proper library with sane defaults for that though.
I'll stick with mature languages like C++ for anything low level, and Rust or Ruby for higher level code.
Python seems to have hit the "get woke go broke" stage of development.

Yeah ok but don't make life harder for yourself just because women etc. use Python. It's an easy interpreted language and has its place when you want to do some prototyping or actually writing a quick script, web app etc.

You do of course have to actually know the harder stuff as well and use that when appropriate though.

t. actual computer scientist

>Ruby
>"get woke go broke"
This happened a long time ago to the majority of actual Ruby software, whereas Python still has decent useful stuff like numpy, TensorFlow, various web scraping stuff, Tk bindings, etc.

Sorry to sperge but this is useful autism. Truth is our weapon.

i... i thought this was a joke.
i didn't think anyone would take that seriously.
what..... what the fuck? what the fuck are they DOING?

well, not exactly.
since the scipy stack became a thing, python has become, essentially, a free version of matlab.

programmer != Scientist

>what the fuck are they DOING?
Destroying backwards compatibility

>This happened a long time ago to the majority of actual Ruby software
Meh... At least Gitlab hasn't gone into faggot mode yet

>Python still has decent useful stuff
No doubt... but obviously if the devs are willing to break things in order to be politically correct, the project is officially dead.
Did they not consider that almost all of the existing docs and literature will only confuse people now? ... thus becoming a barrier to entry? No because NPCs don't care about reality.

At least C++ devs are still far too autistic to get sucked into this leftist faggotry

The worst part is it's one dude. Everyone in the python development circle disagreed with this guy and he stated that other people came to him wanting this change. So he made the change and everyone went: "WTF is this shit?"

TOO LATE MADE THE PUSH.
:^^^^)

Not fucking with you this is how it went down. You can read it yourself in the push requests comments section.

C++ is a language governed by the standard body, which means that the same shit can happen to it any time the organization is influenced by lefties.

Also, I doubt that people who say 'just use X instead' have ever worked for some significant engineering experience. Imagine joining Boeing and telling them that they need to drop all their development in Python simply because you are feeling unease about its PC bullshit.

Sometimes you are just stuck with the language that you hate and have to use it for some subsystem even though you hate it whole-heartedly.

90% of those functions are pure shit.

i thought shitlibs were into bdsm? how is it possible to be this offended over stupid shit? purging sjws in the civil war is going to be a blast.

interestingly enough,
i bet he agrees with you
in the same way that telescope operators
are not astrophysicists.

based as fuck python dev.

Attached: file.png (567x272, 32K)

python is gay anyways, they can keep their sublanguage to themselves.

it would be impossible to do this to c++.
there are too many important things that depend on backwards compatibility.
airplanes, banks, and trains would crash.
updated traffic light control software would stop working.
no.
just no.
x-ray machine firmware would put people's lives at risk.
fucking with established languages should be punishable by death.

Tru dat based negro

I will keep using the terminology nonetheless. Fuck this clown show.

just #define suitable replacements, you know like THEY should have done in the first place.

you just described the state of 21st century programmers and engineers

gonna shill real quick
nim-lang.org/
have fun

Yeah I heard python was cool so I downloaded some books and set out to build a web app.

I stopped when I realized that I was just calling existing functions for everything and that I wouldn’t have a clue what was going on in the background.

George Hotz hacks in python.
youtube.com/watch?v=GX-Xtxw3DV4

>from Jow Forums import hack

Notice how all the SJWs have only invaded the piss easy languages like Python and Ruby. Yet languages like C are oddly quiet.

What are they going to change it too? Buck and Cuck?

Fucking liberal PC faggots are why we can't have nice things. They are a cancer.

That’s the way anything gets done in a reasonable amt of time nis

All they need is an "in" it can be something anything minuscule but once in it's over.
Like the AIDS virus.
The worst part of it all are the men who welcomed this shit into STEM.

Mine are labeled pimp and hoe.
The new hires find it hillarious and enjoy their job more.

I pray you never have a SJW coder slip through the hiring process and make your life a living hell user.

>just calls existing functions

>not rewriting every single function you need for a project even though libraries for common functions exist
>not writing your own programming language so that you don't have to rely on built in functions
>not writing your own compiler to interface with the OS
>not writing your own OS to interface with your cpu
>not writing your own cpu to interface with your chipset
>not designing your own motherboard
>not doing it all in analog so that you don't have to use ICs with pre-existing functions built in
>using known working circuits instead of designing your own
>buying your components from a manufacturer instead of winding your own out of wire
>buying wire instead of extruding it yourself
>buying completed material instead of refining it yourself
>buying material and not mining it yourself
>mining your material out of the existing earth

Attached: 1539568356263.jpg (799x519, 298K)

Yeah, well I'll take
>undo regressions for 1000 Alex

The whole point of a versioning system is to prevent regressions and remove them if/when they occur.

Shit like this causes major version forks and wastes everyone's time as devs pick which team to join.

I would drop any faggot that took it upon themselves to break compatibility for a completely unnecessary reason.

Fuck that guy seriously.

>not using holyC

Attached: pepe-big-laugh.jpg (258x245, 12K)

kek

Attached: 829c1304-370a-4087-bcd7-5f939b519ac5.jpg (607x427, 16K)

The right answer here. So lets fork it from python to snek

python is literally the shit kids learn because its so simple and not strongly typed lol

Doesn't get more autistic than this.

Attached: 1535821679954.gif (375x250, 2.87M)

The hidden Jow Forums discord is pxmFPxj we have over 5000 members and are growing.

It has to stay hidden or (((discord))) will shut it down. As far as discord knows its a Minecraft discord.

Attached: 8571.jpg (985x1108, 319K)

Is this commit in master? :^)

kek.
i would use snek.
can you imagine using the scipy stack with snek?

>python
>web development
Not out here in the real world.

Just need sauce on pic

pffff ha ha ha ha ha ha
>A joke so obvious, I don't know how I missed it

Imagine them trying to take the master branch out of git... now that would be some shit.
>.... 6 months later
>"I can't believe they're removing the master branch from git"
That would cause an autism fueled SJW holocaust in the software world

Attached: 1538016162162.jpg (781x892, 325K)

He's an idiot. All languages have widely used libraries, python just have more of them

This was my understanding as well. I found the overall experience to be disappointing

Fucking do it.

Hope it happens

....and then there's Java
>I herd you liked libraries so I put a library in your library so that you can namespace while you namespace

Yeah, nah.

If I write the same app in php and python, the python one is going to be 90% library while the php one is going to be maybe 20%.

In php I will be able to understand what is going on from start to finish, while in python I will just be handing my work off to some libraries.

It’s like cooking a meal as a chef vs putting a hot pocket in the microwave. You didn’t make the hot pocket and you have no idea what went into it.

>It’s made for roasties and Rotherham retards that can’t code.
lol this sentence is very ironic to real programmers.

Attached: 8BE919E6-3333-4CD0-8D35-009177255CBB.jpg (1242x1523, 404K)

Code it by yourself, libraries are an option not an obligation. I only use API functions, all the other functions are written by me. What do you think of cython?

>python2 > python3
No

Which is why half of the criticisms in this thread are retarded. Having more libraries is an advantage no matter how you slice it. Complain about "muh interpreted language" all you want. Hell, I hate on python due to the lack of brackets and structure. The fact remains that it is a useful tool and probably the best way to start building useful things as a newcomer to programming.

>Hell, I hate on python due to the lack of brackets and structure
It has lots of structure you whiner

>I hate on python due to the lack of brackets and structure
Yes that's a real problem

I will say this, I wrote some CSV manipulation tools in python that were really nice, but I could have done the same thing in Autohotkey in less time and no one Larps as a programmer using AHK

If you're retarded

Looks messy for a language that should be easy to read

That's exactly backwards
having brakets all over the place makes shit impossible to read. Using white space forces neat, readable code

master = InvokeWhitePrivilege()
slave = NiggerFactory()
slave.obey_to(master)
slave.cotton_field()

Is made for people without time to code like scientists

>csv manipulation tools
write them in awk like a real man

but it is strongly typed

>strongly typed
Doesn't that mean types are fixed?

>white space

this is problematic

I could see them removing this term too

no implicit type coercion like in Javascript or C

no it isn't

as always, non "not implemented here" fags btfo

Except scientists mostly do their programming in Python, in my experience.

Computer scientists

lmao

Non pyfags btfo

Why would you reinvent the wheel.

Python is for scientists and engineers who aren't specialized in computer science or software engineering but still find coding very valuable for their jobs in analysis.

On the contrary, I would say. Computing scientists often use languages that don't have any practical application, like Prolog or Haskell. Python, on the other hand, is used almost everywhere throughout science. Which is rather unfortunate.

Shyton is dynamically and strongly typed

>on the other hand, is used almost everywhere throughout science. Which is rather unfortunate.
Why? It's great

I’m an astronomer, we use python. Our old codes are written in IDL and 4tran.
Python is a nice, easy code. If you don’t known a function, usually you can just guess it and it will work.
We just use simple scripts, we don’t even use __int__ objs, etc. Mostly we just run for loops over our data sets.

Many times this. Anons here who say that you should write everything yourself are fucking idiots who have never developed anything more complex than a hello-world.

The power of any language is the amount of available packages that you can use.

Which is not to say that this is good. In JavaScript, for example, it is quite typical that a simple app has thousands of dependencies. Which is disgusting.

Haskell is too hard for "scientists".

Considering fucking no-one ever went past python 2.7 because 3 was already so fucked up, what are they gonna do?
The development of python itself is one massive joke these days.

>Considering fucking no-one ever went past python 2.7 because 3 was already so fucked up, what are they gonna do?
Lolwut

python 2.7: Print “hello world”
python 3: Print(“hello world”)
That’s about it

What the fuck wrong with people? Why do they have to fuck up everything? This makes me so fucking angry.

Attached: install-ide-hard-drive-jumper.gif (415x369, 12K)

So what about all that ERP software and databases with Product Master and Customer Master? Those names might trigger some python developer who work with these enterprise sys...oh wait. Python? Never mind. Carry on.

I am a computing scientist, so for me Python goes against everything good that we believe in and violates every possible rule of good language design.

You have to be really disciplined to write good Python code. And most developers just write unmaintainable, unmodifiable whatever.

>so for me Python goes against everything good that we believe in and violates every possible rule of good language design.
Why? It's works

>pyshit
so when are they going to implement consensual indentation instead of the current bloatmax forced indentation rape? since that's normalizing rape and being forced to indent triggers rape survivors, just like when they had their holes forcefully indented
either way, shit `language' for soicucks, as it always was

Well, python coding for us is more just like a tool. It’s not hardcore coding, and it’d very uncommon for anyone but us to use our codes. I get where you’re coming from, but understand that python is a super easy code to pick up, and a lot of people aren’t using it as computer scientist would, but rather as a tool

>sperg_out.py

It works on a scale of small scripts, like you have very correctly observed.

Think about it: in banking, insurance, some infrastructure, people still write Java. The reason is that even though it is also a much hated language, it offers nice support for really huge projects.

Python is not suited (due to its nature) for work in big teams on a huge projects that must work for dozens of years in production.

It is just too wonky and offers too much room for error.

They changed a bunch of shit in python3 that broke any python2 scripts, so people just stayed with the last version of 2, 2.7.
How the fuck is changing something in 3+ going to affect the majority of users still on 2?

>pyshit
>de-facto standard in scientific computing and AI
kek, maybe at all the pajeet-hiring shitshows it is
isn't what the military uses for literally anything at all