How does the 3 language situation work in Switzerland?

How does the 3 language situation work in Switzerland?

Attached: 1499256868025.jpg (5154x3682, 2.35M)

People speak their own languages, dislike and look down upon people who don't speak their own language, people are rich enough and the country beautiful enough for it to be a mere jovial rivalry.

If you go to a french canton its basicly like entering a new country with its own culture and almost everything written in public places is in multiple languages. If you live at the "rösti grabe" (the border of two cantons with different languages) storke clerks will welcome you in both languages

If you got the cheese everything works.

what are the other 2 languages besides Swiss?

It works like this: there are four languages but three languages which are seen as the main in cantons. German, French, Italian and RetoRomanic languages are spoken in Switzerland. There are German/Italien/French cantons where the language is spoken according to geographical and historical reasons. In school you learn a different language of your closest neighbouring canton. When you marry to a different canton with different language you are expected to speak that language in order to keep the language borders the same.

Attached: AB9272A9-2750-4B17-BFD5-CB92D1BA49EE.jpg (3264x2448, 1.22M)

Actually there are 4 official languages in Switzerland.

Swiss German
French
Italian

Romanian?

Pretty well.

Arabic

This
Romansh should be the language of the European Union when it becomes a single country

> when you marry

no you are not, stop making up fantastical bullshit and never post about us again

Switzerland is a very decentralized country so things tend to work on a more local level (compared to other european countries, that is)

thanks for clarification, was there two weeks ago, that's what the guide said...

We don't speak to each other

What happens if you go to a canton where you don't speak that language? Like is there ever a breakdown in communication?

Albanian

>rösti grabe
Roastie grave: what is single mom's bed?

whats the creepiest canton in swizerland? where the weird dudes live?

You learn the other language in school, so we can still communicate and almost everyone can speak english at the end.

What should I do to become a swiss citizen?
Its the only european country I respect

>Inb4 gypsy btfo :(

>People speak their own languages, dislike and look down upon people who don't speak their own language
what? no, we just make fun of them. just like Canada and Quebec.

can’t you just move there?

I dont think regular EU free movement applies to switzerland

It's called "learning another language"
Very common in developed countries.

It does

Red Pill: Swiss Germans think we are arrogant French, while we actually hate the French and love Switzerland. Romansh is irrelevant and the Trentino is only for vacation, irrelevant otherwise

Its just 2 more fucking languages.

It prolly takes someone3 years at worst to learn them at a c1 level.

I studied german at goethe institut and you could learn c2 german in 1,5 years.

They only want immigrants with PhDs that are in demand.

German Swiss learn French, Franco Swiss learn German. Pasta niggers have to learn both

Attached: IMG_4306.jpg (719x713, 76K)

Internet says H.R. Giger lived in Zurich.

and english.

I have a business partner in Switzerland who speaks fluent eglish

With your (((tanned))) skin colour, you will be more welcome than some.

>Very common in tiny countries
FTFY

Everyone and their dog speaks English. English is now like "Common" in fantasy novels. Even orcs can speak a bit of it.

I have a masters in criminal law and i am getting another one in commercial law.
I ll eventually get a phd in something but law limits my posibilities of immigration since even though european countries (atleast the ones with romano-germanic law) have similar systems, they re still different.

I just want to live my fantasy of feeding cows in the alps.

I cant do shit in the carpathians since they are full of bears and wolves

I think its a psycological difference. In the US, we dont pretend that Mexico is our equal. They speak English or they dont trade.
Over in Europe you guys have to pretend that random backwaters like Romania are relevant so that your Union can function. So you have to learn these languages that should be dead so that you can trade monopoly money with your neighbors. Its really inefficient desu

No one really thinks romania is relevant.
I mean its relevant enough by having the 20th highest gdp in europe and you having 2 bases here but other than that we dont do anything.

But so is the us.
New york, california and texas are relevant and the rest of the states just exists.

Our EU is half federation half international institution. So we are not that much more different than you at this point.

Jow Forumsitics aside, every eu country is somewhat important in its own way, and its all about collaboration.

For example, great britain bought horse meat from romania and sold it as beef to everybody in europe.

See, cooperation cuz.