How big of a deal was Sears in the 1900s?

How big of a deal was Sears in the 1900s?

Attached: Screenshot_20181015_023821.png (407x316, 194K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_q7zfJwQIsg
youtu.be/Mb9liFLJy0A
youtube.com/watch?v=iEd8l3EGfgA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was mentioned in Miami Vice a few times so kind of a big deal.

going to one now is depressing

Nice family store. I got my Sega Genesis there when it came out, used to shop for clothes there as a kid.

I liked the catalog so I could wank to boy models my age in underwear.

Attached: $_35.jpg (196x300, 11K)

You want pure misery go check out a radioshack

1988. Bought Castlevania 2 for Nes. Also Jinx and Falcon Gi Joe figures. Life was as good as it ever got...

Are there even any left?

My unironically buy all my clothes there in current year.

>ywn be a kid flipping through the sears catalog circling all the video games you want for Xmas

I bought my video games there.

Pretty fuckin big.

Had one close down like 3 months ago near me. Had to go there once a little earlier for some circuit parts and it was like something you'd see in a zombie apocalypse.

Forgot my image

Attached: 1908_0111.jpg (1028x1463, 180K)

The ones with the elevators and a second floor were the best.

>Buying video games based on their title + cover art and hoping for the best

Attached: wallstreet_large.jpg (800x1153, 483K)

Had no idea they sold video games. Sears over here was always attached to a mall. I would buy my games at places like electronic boutique, it was the OG gamestop. If your mall was big, Sears would have a second floor.

tfw no Sears roastie in my life

Attached: sm33.png (471x658, 410K)

Babbages was better than eb all day long.

Ya but Tubbs said it so who cares.

Used to beat off to the women in bras and panties back in the 1970s catalogs

Hello Ronaldo

It was Amazon before Amazon.

shut up faggot

Attached: 20181001_081526.jpg (592x363, 123K)

There would always be a sears at one end of the mall, and a dillards (or a JCpenny) on the other.

Attached: kmart cafe3.jpg (1024x612, 459K)

These piece of shit millennial kids ruin everything. Society is so anti social you got children taking anxiety pills. You fucking faggots ruined everything, your memories will be looking at a computer screen to order shit instead of making friends and even meeting a lover, good luck with that on amazon

Fuckin' a. I swear if you looked close enough at some of em, you could make out a dark patch of hair in their panties.

The places I had to look for wank material before the internet.

Attached: 91BMfcojaXL.jpg (2560x1920, 568K)

Mine had all three plus a Macy's. Had a Sbarro's too. I miss the Sbarro's.

sears,and kmart could still be around. But there retarded ceos ruined everything.

The breadsticks were god tier, they changed their recipe now

Its technology, its anti-human anti nature. That is what uncle ted was trying to warn us about

People don't realize what kind of impact a Sears bankruptcy will bring. They OWN A LOT OF THINGS.

This will finally bring on the great commercial realestate crash that should have crashed and burned back in 2008, not turn a 100k building into a 10 million dollar building for no fucking reason and empty for the past 10 years (Because no business can afford the high lease costs).

Sears owns a lot of satellite companies and investment groups that own all this shit, on top of that, Chinese owners who are about to get super fucked.

Attached: 1535927105754.jpg (501x500, 56K)

I'd kill for a fucking lemonade and a corndog right now.

Mall culture of the 90s was the peak of western civilization.

Attached: 348s.jpg (348x348, 25K)

I can't read this

They were doing well, but young people didnt shop there.
Prices were too high and the styles outdated.
Now the old people are dead and they went bankrupt

This looks exactly like my house. My house was built around 1920 or so. Most of the houses in my neighborhood all look like this turn of the century or craftsman style.

Also the only thing I ever went to Sears for was great American made Craftsman tools. When the brand sold out and went to shit, I stopped going to Sears.

Some of my classiest faps were in those pages

Attached: 036b5af731e78705446c6b0631e1bd4f.jpg (584x376, 44K)

couldnt ge just eat them? Also if this was the case we would have gotten a blood bath years back, but nah sears crashing hard didnt scrape us, now they are non existent, just like macys. Is jcpennies dying too, or is that going to be one of the only things we have left.

Sears was sabotaged into bankruptcy so they could sell it piecemeal. There’s no way despite the internet that they couldn’t survive.

>Mall culture of the 90s was the peak of western civilization.

It was even better and whiter in the 80s
youtube.com/watch?v=_q7zfJwQIsg

Attached: Screenshot_20181003_212023.png (777x486, 285K)

This

i wouldnt say that, sears and kmart both were selling appliances and had lots of deals, but the problem with both of them is that they didnt upgrade there stores looks, still had looks from the 1980s.

Falcon was always my favorite

It was always packed on weekends.

I get the feeling they were the Amazon of their day.

Attached: s&r-catalog.png (620x370, 285K)

They were even better. You could order guns out of the sears catalog.

>women's underwear ads in the newspaper insert
they were even hand-drawn, no photos

I remember getting the popcorn there and walking around Sears on weekends with my dad.

Attached: sears popcorn.jpg (941x494, 114K)

SEARS are disorganized husks of their former selves filled with employees that dont care and hardly any customers. radio shacks are just hybrid verizon/T-Mobile/ATT stores, far from their intented purpose but not the ghost towns like Sears are now.

I heard they're struggling a bit but nowhere near the same way Sears/Kmart is. They will probably pull through as well as you could expect them too. Unlike Macy's they actually have in-store security in a lot of their stores and don't tolerate niggers loitering around without carts. They've had a few lawsuits thrown against them because of it.

JcPenny owns quite a lot of commercial realestate as well.

It's going to hurt the dumbass investment group that look for easy capital, but it's going to allow a lot of small and medium businesses to be able to afford a fucking building again finally.

they were a God send when you could order supplies and guns delivered for the whole year

Lemonade and Corn Dogs are still around my dude.

but when all of our malls and other types of markets besides food dies, amazon will start fucking around.

Sofel was like Vic Tokei

Columbia mall?

>literally a mail order catalog business.
>all they had to do was convert that to the internet since the supply chain infrastructure was already there
>don’t do it because retardation
>die slowly
As user mentioned in a post above, it was deliberately dismantled. If they had people at the top who cared about the company and the brand, Sears would have easily leveled the playing field with Amazon. Case in point: Walmart’s evolution.

Or biology books.
Not a single illustration.

I had a elementary English teacher who was also a catalog model. It was awesome to see he in the Sears catalog in her underwear.

Funcoland was the greatest video game retail store of all time.

Haha you should post it so we can see her

DESU, Sears was kinda already going the way of Kmart a while ago. The user who pointed out craftsman tools being US made hit the nail on the head, it was quality that kept em going. They decided to be jews in the late 90s to early 2000s just like everyone else. Blame greed and stupidity for their downfall, i'm saddened by all this DESU.

sears would have still died,but may have lasted a bit longer. Amazon would have smashed sears too. The reason why walmart isnt dead is because of food, and other shit that sometimes cheaper then amazon. You couldnt really trust buying food on amazon. How ever thats gonna change if amazon makes whole foods alot cheaper and affordable, then proceeding to jump into the meat market because wholefoods doesnt have fuckall.

Amazon and automation eventually we will all be jobless and the government that the right and left lick the boots of will have to pay us to live lol
Not complaining though as I worked labor for 25 years so far and a job accident ripped my back to fuck and now I can barely walk most days.
Sadly disability for me is gonna be a tough road even though doctor said I need it now before back gets worse.
Guess why? Because studies say the hardest to get disability is a white male in my age bracket with back trouble even though it severe due to so many liers and leeches.

Attached: 1535040214724.jpg (640x640, 60K)

Jc penny and Sears used to be the spot most kids got their clothes from in the 90s

Shirt I'm wearing right now
mfw this thread comes up

Nah fuck that, our side is actually profitable and will be sold if Sears goes under which it probably will.

Attached: 20181015_093406.jpg (2896x2896, 865K)

>9:03 "alot of people go to malls to keep away from certain racial backgrounds and that sort of thing"

My how times have changed.

It sure was

Attached: image.jpg (2048x1365, 502K)

But souless...

youtu.be/Mb9liFLJy0A
Great Lakes outside Cleveland. Not a dead mall like a lot of malls in the Cleveland area but it's just not the same place anymore.

Look up uncle remus's guide for autismbux.

sears is going down because its ceo, eddie lampert, is stripping its assets. he was able to use his private equity firm to loan sears $1billion and the collateral was all of sears' real estate. so when the company that he's in charge of goes bankrupt, he can collect $100billion in real estate for the $1 billion he shelled out.

a very similar thing happened when bane capital took over toys r us in the mid 2000s. they drove it into the ground while stripping all the assets over the last decade.

tl;dr: it's not lazy millenials, it's greedy corporate crooks using loopholes in laws governing corporations to destroy companies.

Attached: 001bac0cab52e65b059e228cfb70e05000dc0f1d1d0dabf8e75a090c90337291.jpg (1437x1761, 199K)

amazon could buy sears and save your job lul.

Those houses showed up in basically a big ass shipping container and were actually very high quality.

>sometimes I put eyeshadow and fake eyelashes on just working a part-time shift at sears

We already have a contract with them where we service their shit
All that would happen is that I'd turn my Sears shirt in and be issued a "A&E" one.

That's the thing about the trades, peril to your body. Doubt we'll get universal income, it's going to be the same shit, fuck the poor and homeless, let someone else deal with it. WIll take something like rampant disease like they have in LA for anything to change.

My Sears card actually got me through college. That was where I got everything I needed and how I paid for it, including car repair.

I'm actually kind of bummed.

Mines back pain, think it would help friend?
Basically they say "dude you worked labor you still look big and strong and you also have bad back and are white as a sheet so yeah gonna be rough to get it.
Think that guide could help dude, because I refuse to take opiate shit due to a friend of my brother dying on those fucking things as their super addictive.
SO I am kind of suffering right now and in immense pain. Today I can barely wipe my own ass and its killing me because I was once so strong and har dworking and now I can barely move.

Attached: 1537640362671.jpg (720x960, 89K)

>THREAD THEME

>THREAD THEME

youtube.com/watch?v=iEd8l3EGfgA

Lifetime warranties, way better than those shit garbage ACE or true value hardware stores. I was able to actually find what I needed there. Sucks to see em go.

Here in pa we stuff a submarine sandwich inside another and serve it in halves, we call this a "stuttering jimmy"

Any of you guys in the Shop Your Way Rewards program?

Dude what state are you in? You should be a shoe in. Be careful with the uncle remus guide, it's for mental illness. Mental illness = bye bye gun rights.

Sears was literally the economic backbone of this country until the late 1990s-early 200's when consumers stopped going to Sears and switched for Target and then went to Online.

In 1995 my family bought our first computer there. Then our second and third and then we switched to Best Buy.

Sears was like Walmart, but before the concept of Walmart existed. You can walk into Sears and buy a lawn mower, tv, computer, a bed, and all the sheets and pillows that go with it and then buy a nice outfit on the way out down on the 1 st level.

It was amazing.

t.20-something year old boomer

Well dude that sound awesome. When i was working on a job once, was a really big job we were doing a clean up.
Their was this little place to eat we would stop by and it served these damn cheese burgers that were massive like the buns were a small dinner plate and they did this wierd bun grilling and man that shit was amazing but this was back like 15 years ago. So back then my back was fine and man I could go for one of those right now haha Ill take a stuttering jimmy too, fuck it. lol

They saved many an anus with the glossy paper catalogs.

If you remember that in 95 your probably 30 something.

Well I dont want that as I am a hunter.
I am from missouri.
I just dont know what to do anymore man. I cant work as right now even lifting 20 pounds feels like I am ripping my lower half of my body from the upper half and my legs give out like I collapse.
So I dont know what to do, depending on family right now. Its killing me because I always worked.
I just want some income so I can not be so fucking worthless to my family.
If I didnt have my family right now I would just kill myself so I wouldnt be a burden.

Sears literally has it all, but they fucked it all up by going big time into consumer credit. Then when those people couldn't pay, they literally paid a $200/hr lawyer to show up in bankruptcy court and demand the used VCR back or reaffirm your agreement to pay.

I'm only 28. Stop trying to make me depressed.

I was born in 1993.

Attached: 1537893360043.gif (498x278, 615K)

You know, for all the shit they give the east and west coast that's something that really scares me about the midwest, from what I remember they don't give a shit about the poor. I know IT companies are moving shop to places like Iowa city for the low cost of living and taxes, they're now building the gingerbread mcmansions for like 300-400k in the quad cities, gee wonder who will be able to afford that.

How much have you hounded social services? You may have to get an attourney. My advice, fight it and look into retraining. How long can you stand on your feet? If you can manage that, look into an LPN then RN and beyond.

I got fucked in 2008 and like many others lost my career, considered autism bux but I grew up hunting and fishing, getting back into the former. Have midwest roots too, sick of seeing my country get fucked by the rich people and by our own. Pisses me, I see people who shit on those who did work and have debt and forget people like you who just worked and got fucked.
Nice thing about getting older, you get to outlive the shitheads and watch them burn,.

Sears was Amazon for boomers.

Standing on my feet is still painful and my walking is basically most times painful. Like I cant walk normal I can just shuffle along.
I think I have to get an attorney now.
Thanks for the kind words my friend.
Yeah it sucks, but I still want to be able to hunt or fish whenever I have a good day, even if its for 1 hour and I am in pain a bit.
right now sitting is painful like everything is paind ude. May you never have such a thing and may you life go well for you friend.
Some day I think things will go better for us workers.
The doctor basically said if ya keep on working you are going to be in a wheelchair.
I cant do that, just not an option.

Sears was big prior to the 80's They had been losing money since the mid-70's but owned several cash-cow companies like Dean-Whitter and Allstate insurance, which kept them propped up while they hemorrhaged.
I think their real death-spiral started when they partnered with an also failing KMart, as if 2 mismanaged companies could form a good one.
Internet competition didn't help, but their problems ran MUCH deeper.

Amazon didn't kill Sears. Sears made terrible decisions. They should have went back to basics 15 years ago by selling all their real estate and relocating their stores into Semi-rural areas on the outskirts of small cities. They could have kept Craftsman American and started selling based farming implements, clothing, tools, hardware, sporting goods, etc. They could have basically became what TSC, Rural King, and Big R are now. These are the companies that were more than happy to fill the niche that Sears had left in an effort to chase CEO pipe dreams. The Tractor Supply Company for one has experienced billions of dollars in growth since Sears' decline.

Attached: 6a875ebeb947d4d3e9c6a8d56294d52a.jpg (570x737, 104K)

>you will never experience that life

Whelp, yeah that would make being a nurse very difficult, esp nowadays they want you to be an aid and have x amount of hours. I'm looking into bow hunting, the midwest is a paradise for that with all the grain fed white tail. That and in a lot of places you can't rifle hunt due to the farmland.

That fucking sucks, yeah get a Lawyer. Hell, i'd look into suing former employers. I was an insurance adjuster for a bit, if I were you i'd do whatever you can, fuck everyone else. I'd think by now you'd know people don't care about you, look out for number one, no one else will.

I doubt it, the millenials are just as entitled as the boomers. Look at em, 10 years ago these fuckers had the screw you i've got mine attitude and did nothing as people lost their homes and ended up on the street, now that people are loosing it and killing their brats they're freaking out at the shit world they helped create. It's not going to stop, it's going to get worse. Hate to be a downer but I went through the same shit on the white collar end, hence why my body is still intact.