Pan-Gallic

There are Pan-Celtic, Pan-Germanic, Pan-Med, Pan-Nordic, Pan-Slavic, Pan-Arabic and even Pan-Turkic movements. We could easily become a power on par with Russia if we united. How comes that there is no Pan-Gallic movement?

Bonus question: Why is there no Pan-Iberian movement despite Spain owning almost the entire peninsula?

Attached: 220px-Gallo-Romance_languages.svg.png (440x422, 26K)

i'm no fucking gaul

fuck you faggot

>Why is there no Pan-Iberian movement despite Spain owning almost the entire peninsula?

Not enough of a benefit for either side. I'd prefer the more aesthetic borders of a united Iberia, though. But really, it wouldn't work out. Maybe if it was a federalist union, like the US, with a proper bill of rights... but there's too much corruption in the Mediterranean, we might just as well stay they way we are.

But your are not even good at one Spain

Attached: 1522087389465.png (390x450, 68K)

Welcome : Pure-blooded Padanians
Not Welcome : Terrone immigrants

>Pan-Gallic
>including Italians

Attached: 1528017157740.jpg (800x614, 64K)

french are all faggots niggerlovers
also cesar did nothing wrong

us northerners are no fucking gaulish scum

Sorry, no, really ugly idea.
But we can take Corsica.

I have a pan gallic look about me, I'll admit it

Attached: solid roman.jpg (1916x1076, 203K)

You can take it, be careful of the Arabs there tho.

Ever heard of Cisalpine Gaul you mongol rapebaby ?

Because the Gauls were a Celtic people that got shit stomped by Italics and had their entire language and culture destroyed.

Modern "Gauls" speak the language of their conquerors, and even those languages were split up between North France and South France. Eventually North France all but destroyed the Southern French languages of Occitan and Franco-provencal. There's no pan Gallic movement because every movement there is imperistic you either win or get destroyed there is not cultural or ethnic solidarity

fuck faggot, go get raped by a nigger

The Gauls invaded Italy in the old days before Rome was strong and they settled in North Italy.

Also the Ligurians in northwest Italy may have been Celtic or semi-Celtic. They were famous for having red hair a classic Celt trait.

"Gallic" is a revisionist term, meant to evoke a sense of continuity back to the the pre-Roman era of what is now France. The French are Romanized Germans, just like the Spanish. Just LARP as New Rome like everyone else.

Btw French and Spanish linguists disagree on wether Occitan is a Gallic or Iberian romance language

It's very political. What we do know is that Occitan is more closely related to Catalan than French

>entire language and culture destroyed.
Not entirely, burgers should not talk of what they don't know.

Attached: caveja_4_Giovanni_Tumidei.jpg (608x438, 91K)

The only gauls/ Celts still alive are the Irish. No pure Gaul remains in europe

this

Get checked, Loïk, I'm a proud Frank not a gaulish loser.

>Germans

Germans had very little genetic impact in France or Spain except maybe far north France near Belgium and west France

this is the solution to your Thread, OP

Attached: Black pilled France.jpg (2250x1750, 2.1M)

*East France

I mean near Alsace Lorraine

>not including the southern Netherlands
fake, gay, bluepilled and will not be joining

Let's face it - he's right. A rooster (not a Celtic symbol, by the way, but a Roman one) doesn't change that.

Serr dha dhiwen Italian. Ny wodhesta understondya dha geryow.

Lol this cope. Stop stealing others history and go back to being the bug on the bottom of my shoe you pikey

Fuck you there is no pan arab movement. Israel crushed that years ago. I’m with the Pan Levant movement if my people get their shit together.

We dont side wtih losers

Im included in that green area , at the very bottom ,what does that mean ? french and spaniards are different buddy

How do you explain the difference between Gallo-Romance speakers and non-Gallo-Romance speakers if "they had their entire language and culture destroyed"?

Romans first stomped Italics before the Gauls btw.

The empire was great but from a Pan-Gallic pov it includes too much foreign people.

It looks like Pan-Gallicism brings a lot of asspain from Terronnes, how about a Pan-Frankish movement then?

Attached: alternatives_france___frankrijk_by_scipia-d8hy9l0.png (1000x800, 1.09M)

I’m assuming they’re associating Occitane with Catalonia. And stfu if your Valencian self denies the Catalonian proximity to you in cultural and language. But I agree it’s a stretch.

>How do you explain the difference
Dialectical differences between founder tribes.
Rate of Romanization.
Normal dialectical drift.
Foreign influences and migrants.

Again, the French are Romanized Germans, not Romanized Celts. Vulgar entirely swallowed Celtic cultures long before the Franks and other tribes moved in.

>those little bits of blue way down in terronia
Is that the Italian equivalent of "I'm 1/64th native American"?

Care to explain how it is that a bunch of Romanised Germans spoke a P-Celtic language before they were Romanised?

They didn't, dolt. They spoke a Germanic language.

friuli and lombardy is rightful Serenissima clay
you may keep lombardy and bologna meticcia though

meant you can keep piedmont

Ah, I see. So how do you explain things like the Coligny Calendar where we have clearly Celtic words with obvious cognates in other Celtic languages?

>no mention of a Gallic substratum
Franks dominate Flanders and parts of Lorraine and Alsace, outside these areas they left no traces whatsoever.

>the Eternal Venetian is again looking for an opportunity to jew us
No thanks, we're full.

Attached: the-merchant-of-venice-william-shakespeare-oy-vey-1169841.png (500x937, 135K)

>Coligny Calendar
Never heard of this before, but apparently it's about 300 years before the Franks migrated into France proper. Keep in mind that the German tribes were pushing into Celtic territory and displacing/assimilating the natives for centuries before they entered France. In the early Republic period, the tribes in what is now western Germany and Benelux were mostly Celtic.

By the time the Franks migrated into France, Celtic culture was extinct. In addition to Romanization and colonization and the mass of foreign slaves the Romans imported into the area, the region was severely depopulated by earlier and unsuccessful Germanic invaders and by Roman civil wars. The Bretons were British Celts who conquered/displaced Romance speakers in roughly the same time frame as the Franks were conquering the other Romance speakers in France.

>By the time the Franks migrated into France, Celtic culture was extinct.
This I essentially agree with, although "extinct" is a word I'd be wary of using in reference to a culture because there is some distinction between transformed an extinct. I think it would be a difficult and probably fruitless task to attempt to prove that Celtic culture - including the various material and non-material elements which are its constituents - was totally gone.

But I do agree fundamentally with the idea that the Gauls had been so thoroughly Romanised as to be completely different from their forebears. My issue was mainly your claim that the Gauls proper (excluding the Aquitani and Belgae) were Germanic. There is literally no evidence for this at all and the linguistic evidence and material culture all substantiate very, very strong Celtic earmarks; in the case of the language it's virtually beyond debate.

>Catalans are Gallic
Wut? Isn't Langue d'oc it's own thing? Southern France has always been rather different from the north.

Italian and French culture might have been related centuries ago, now not so much. I have a lot more respect for Italians for standing up to globalist elites and retaking their country. Now they need to do away with shitskins and improve their economy. My point, OP, is that perhaps you should sort your shit out first instead of fervently fantasizing about shit that most likely will never happen. Just sayin'. Italians do not need your Pan-Gallic larpiness, they have their own unique culture and honestly, currently better chances of sustaining their culture and surviving as a nation. You no longer constitute the center of Europe, get over it and stop furthering artificial shit no one other than you cares about. It's not interesting, it's flat out vapid and conceited.

Attached: 1522331363090.jpg (500x322, 16K)

>My issue was mainly your claim that the Gauls proper (excluding the Aquitani and Belgae) were Germanic. There is literally no evidence for this
You are right that there is no evidence of this, but wrong that I made that claim. I said that the French are descendants of the Franks, not descendants of the Gauls. There are certainly Gauls very, very, very far back in the average Frenchman's family tree, but Alexios Komnenos is very, very far back in my own family tree. I do not claim to be a Greek.

Everyone's family tree is larger than the total number of people who have ever lived. Ethnicity is a product of genetic recursion. The founder population of the French were Germans who intermarried with themselves and also whatever you want to call the ethnic melting pot of late Roman Gallia et et et.

It was genuine question, not a power fantasy.

>but wrong that I made that claim
I'm referring to this post:
>They didn't, dolt. They spoke a Germanic language.

When I'm referring to P-Celtic languages, I'm referring to the original Gauls. Not the Franks or other interlopers.

You mean the post where you insisted that the French are descendants of the Gauls, not the Franks, and I reminded you that the Franks, not hte Gauls, were the ancestors of the French? You misunderstood in the beginning and carried that 99 yards to score a touchdown for the opposing team. To be fair, such tactics are necessary to reach a revisionism like Pan-Gallicism.

Eh? At no point have I insisted that the French are descended from Gauls. My first post ITT was me objecting to that notion: Personally, I don't really care one way or another about the French or how they understand themselves. My issue was that I was under the impression that you were attempting to claim that the Gauls spoke a Germanic language. Why did you think I was referring to the Coligny Calendar?

Because Gauls (aka Celts) are only a thing in the British islands.

The balkanization of France is more likely to happen than some fairy land Gallic superpower ethnostate. Keep dreaming, but with your eyes and mind open and taking appropriate actions to retake your country. These forays into hypotheticals may be fun, but they're not very productive, especially given that hundreds of thousands of Muslims are roaming the streets of France.

because you suck for over 2000 years now?

franks are the most powerful german tribe