Why were the 90s such a peaceful decade?

Why were the 90s such a peaceful decade?

Attached: aQMTyxl.jpg (642x718, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing
youtube.com/watch?v=-F_Tk3Ep8oU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Brett screwed Brett

80s and 90s. Pizza hut restaraunts were dimly lit, McDonald's had amazing happy meal toys, cinema was just absolutely brimming with timeless classics. Games consoles were exciting, knocking on friends doors to see if they were playing out, recording your favourite songs on the radio onto a blank cassette. Christmas was actually festive and meant something... damn... take me back.

The 90s were awesome mostly due to a new toy called the Internet--but this post is just childhood nostalgia.

The arts reached its peak, the future looked bright and people had money.
Simply as that.

The calm before the shistorm.

Fuck you for nostalgia fagging me

Attached: 1534903745145.png (680x1519, 837K)

Absolutely. Objectively better when it came to social cohesion. People talked to you not liked your wedding your photo. Friends rode bikes to their friends and werent such fat fucks as now or social retards. Video games were meant to play with friends. Political correctness didnt run a amok in cinema. Internet was the wild west, pretty much how Jow Forums is now the internet was like that everywhere. 90s were one of the last times we had a chance to come together in political beliefs, congress wasnt one sided (look at how congress votes now, down party lines). So much more. However bad moves were in play behind the scenes and we are left where we are now, where i just wish for a fucking civil war so we can hit a reset button

fuck

free AOL disks man

They weren't where I'm from

Cocaine

>Iraq
>Somalia
>Bosnia
>Kosovo
Not really that peaceful user..

it wasn't

Because Clinton was kicking the Osama Bin Can down the road and getting dome in the oval office

STOP

Attached: 1532721143864.jpg (540x540, 20K)

Everything was peachy till 9-11. That's when the government took over.

and then this happened, which is the starting point for europe being invaded by refugees.

Attached: 356356356356356.jpg (401x450, 13K)

Attached: born to feel.jpg (608x800, 111K)

It wasn't, we just see alot more shit now.

The 90s sucked. Nothing good went on.

>a talentless Jew prematurely ended Bret Hart's amazing career with a single sloppy kick

Still salty over it, tee bee aych.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing

It wasn't, you were just bluepilled and comfortable back then.

Fuck off, Vince.

And turn Roman heel already, you senile old fuck.

jews

They weren't, it's just the perceived crises were different.

Instead of pedophiles raping your kids, drugs were sending them insane. Instead of explosion terrorists killing you, hostage terrorists were killing you and raping your wife. The fears of the times really weren't super different. Entertainment was tamer and more censored though, so if you look at the media it's hard to get that sense.

The only thing that really changed is that the left and the right are actually forced to talk to each other now, and it's just making them hate each other more. There were still super soft lefty cucks and idiotic right bible thumpers, but they just hung out with their own kind and could tolerate each other for long enough to talk about the weather.

Now some retard leaves an opinionated blog on facebook, and everyone who hates the viewpoint he's unintentionally parodying reads it so that they can get angry and leave a scathing reply. So now everyone's talking about politics or a war or something that they have absolutely no education in outside of shitty infographs, and then getting angry when someone with a different viewpoint doesn't agree with their OBVIOUSLY CORRECT AND OBJECTIVE VIEWPOINT OH MY GOD.

Finally, every shit-for-brains armchair expert gets a chance to weigh in on the contentious issue of the day. Instead of agreeing to differ, they go back and forth forever, both completely unwilling to budge on that topic that they never actually read up on ever.

The result is that the actual amount of horrible shit going on is the same or probably even less than it used to be, but you just never, ever fucking stop hearing about it these days.

Soviet Union collapsed
A huge market opened and ex soviet states were milked
All westerners have $ so all classes are happy
(except niggers, they always fail no matter what)

Fuck this image. No matter how much money I make or how successful I am I can never bring back this truly joyous feel.

The Internet was not mainstream yet and all you faggots were not even born yet

O.J. Verdict, the Rodney King beating trial there was a bit of turbulence in that decade as well. The excessive tribalism we see today has its' roots in Clinton impeachment.

Agreed

The future looked bright. It's the same reason people are nostalgic over the 1920s, 1950s, and 1980s. Even though each of these decades had their problems, people thought that there was a bright future ahead, which made living in those times a lot more meaningful.

it was a much simpler time.

Roman is a heel, the crowd fucking hates him

good games good music good tv good dope good women good everything in the current year everything is the opposite meaning bad

Correct.

Attached: 1494369776878.jpg (550x512, 40K)

>the John Cena argument

No.

80s were better. Then white devils shit out the millenials and gen-z.. both obsessed with their phone and social media. We laugh at them at work and they never get promoted. I am glad to be retiring soon and let these shit kids fuck over all of our great corporations.

gone forever

imagine being a kid in current dystopia, probably end up with fond memories of being a tranny and converting to islam

Attached: pepetf.jpg (550x366, 60K)

i haven't played a single game published in 2017/2018

civil war doesn't magically hit a reset button
it's more like a bunch of people starve and kill each other for no good reason, and the water's not safe to drink anymore, and now there's land mines you have to worry about.
and then china invades seattle and suddenly texas is full of russians, but nobody has enough food to worry about that, and that's why places like russia and china and israel will post memes that make people like you and me want a civil war

The media was not alt left. Social media didn't exist.

Yes. I want that

Easy

MDMA

ask colombians

>tfw stepping into a smoky video game arcade, the secret club only your generation understood

Attached: 1537836783923.png (367x321, 177K)

well you can suck a black dick MordeHongOlov

I can't argue with absolutely correct.

It wasn't better. It just seems like it was better because:

a) the Internet hadn't become what it is today, and you didn't see the shit that was going on because twitter, facebook, etc. didn't exist yet

b) you were a stupid prepubescent child who didn't know any better.

Now fuck off

Those places don't matter

Only the New World does

Because everybody was asleep. They were yet to be fucked over in the courts, or by affirmative action, or by the county commission.

Fuck off paki, just because you grew up eating dirt until you finally got smuggled into the uk doesn't mean the rest of us led shit lives. The 90s were a hundred times better than today, and the 80s a thousand times.

We literally wouldn't be able to communicate with each other back then, you stupid fuck

I don't know about you, but I think I'll take whatever is supposedly so terrible about the current year over not having the Internet, modern video games, etc.

it was better, faggot

this desu

Attached: 95l.jpg (1020x753, 127K)

Yes you can user you’ve just forgotten how

I had a job that could actually feed me, a big condo and a nice car. Now I have two greedy ex wives and I look like the 30 yo Boomer meme. Fuck.

TAKEMEBACKTAKEMEBACKTAKEMEBACK

Attached: 1531091530956.jpg (636x431, 46K)

Take me back

Attached: 1484629228308.jpg (640x480, 31K)

Aside from the technology changes, Americans were whiter, more conservative, more Christian, more community minded, and less fat. They paid much less for gas, groceries, and rent.

this, like turning off a light switch.

I would bet £100 that you were born after 1999

Basically, the degeneracy and rot weren't so bad.

Most people were still White, and had kids, even if it was just 1 or 2.

May no mistake though, the laxed and apathetic 80s and 90s are want let to this.

>Pizza hut restaraunts were dimly lit

Had the little red glass candle holders at the table and a sit down Q bert coin op game.

The genocide in Rwanda was impressive taking in consideration a huge part was done by machetes. Brutal shit.

Literally 9/11 changed everything. The year 2000 was actually good. I had my first girlfriend big tit eastern european looking chick. Everybody in school had fuckin gfs. You basically fuck all day and on the weekends we drink, house parties and fuck even more. Fast forward. I am a 30 year old boomer now and i have a bunch of zoomer friends and i can never describe to them what my youth was like. I literally dont tell them. Its too much of a movie. Such a sad fuckin reality they live in. I was getting fucked in their age. They literally have to go to sexual agreement classes and eat pida with Achmed while he fondles stacy. This fuckin hell world they live in. Makes me almost cry.

Attached: osh__sad_follow_alone_te.jpg (300x165, 8K)

Man I miss those old boxes. Not just for windows but for everything. Every piece of computer software or game felt truly special. Like you were opening a treasure chest or something. They all came with fuck huge manuals that were as big as phonebooks and detailed every single minute detail of the software. Really made it feel special.

Jump on, and we'll ride back to the 90s.

youtube.com/watch?v=-F_Tk3Ep8oU

Attached: 18667376.jpg-r_640_600-b_1_D6D6D6-f_jpg-q_x-xxyxx.jpg (450x295, 26K)

If only McVeigh had taken out Washington DC instead

>crime rate significantly higher
>people smoked fucking everywhere
>Internet was unbearably slow by modern standards and hardly anything worth looking at anyway
>the fucking Spice Girls dominated the music charts
>the war in Yugoslavia, NATO bombed white Christians trying to defend their homeland against Muslims
>angsty crybaby 'grunge music' wasn't being laughed at yet
>it was extremely uncool to not like rap music and left-wing politics

I'm absolutely convinced that everyone in this thread was born in the late 90s to early 2000s. No one who was an adult back then could actually type the absolute fucking nonsense being posted here.

Yugoslavia, Chechnya, and Russia would like to have a word with you

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fpbp

Stupid paki.

Weren't the 90s literally called the 'lost decade' in Japan because your economy sucked?

California would be full of Russians
TEXAS would be full of Mexicans duh

No, user. I'm feeling just fine.

Attached: 1527098326940.png (482x427, 79K)

Thanks yhitzach & bebe

Street Fighter tourneys at the arcade, x-men arcade, who remembers?

We're talking about america here. Make your own thread if you wanna talk about your third world country.

Attached: 1527100528320.jpg (214x236, 6K)

>Year of our God Emperor, 2016+2
>30 yo boomer meme
>npc meme
This truly has been a year, hasn't it.

>a) the Internet hadn't become what it is today, and you didn't see the shit that was going on because twitter, facebook, etc. didn't exist yet
the shit you list here is what made it worse you ape
people actually had to interact with each other in person, unlike now

I miss going onto runescape forums to buy and sell coal.

Do you remember that feeling before cellphones, when you would go to the next town over? That feeling like you were in a completely different world, with nothing tying you back home, on your own on some adventure, free to explore without distractions?

Those wern't real wars Frenchie, casual bombing at best

>>Internet was unbearably slow by modern standards and hardly anything worth looking at anyway

>Implying my geocities website wasnt super cool.

Last gasp of white America just prior to Jewish technology changing life forever.

Our pre-911 and post-911 lives, everybody knows the difference

those huge manuals were the shit, basically a novel chock full of lore and cool stuff, now you get a tiny box with a piece of paper and a steam code

Attached: guybrush20.jpg (810x617, 139K)

I started programming in the 90's.

I was a outcast... a social pariah.

Now I have an outstanding career, with admirable social skills.

If it's one thing for sure, I didn't waste the 90's by watching cartoons and playing stupid games.

The internet was really something. Not a ton of content but great stuff Then the web came online... It's been downhill ever since. The potential for fortune lost in time.

The Internet is only as good or bad as how you to decide to use it. If you want to spend your time looking up deranged leftists then you're going to have a false perception that these people are everywhere. People like that used to just be laughed at and ignored (look up Andrea Dworkin, SJWs have been around for decades).

The Internet is overall an amazing thing, I have friends who live on the other side of the world that I can communicate with instantly. If I want to know an obscure fact I can know the answer in ten seconds instead of having to go to a library. The Internet has made my life a hundred times easier than it used to be. If retards use the Internet to make themselves angry then that's their fault

Nobody cared because those kind of people were fringe at the time, now its every other weekend

You also seem to have a jewish flag.

>tfw no homies to knock at my door to see if I can come out to play.

Attached: 1514856522023.jpg (1200x900, 220K)

I've gotten so fat and ugly and my mental illness has steadily progressed to the point where I'm fighting a hangover three times a week.

Attached: 1531941652743.jpg (962x539, 31K)

1989, bong. Just old enough to remember all those things

I'm a genXer, my hair is silver now, I think you may be off a generation or two pops

>money is everything to me
This sounds exactly like something a NPC would say.

just find some anons who are close enough to hit a rave or a show with, vet one another over time

speaking from experience, raves are where all the spies go to cavort and distribute intel, this, and even that