After Collapse Currency

Fallout series suggests bottle-caps.
What do you think will be a reasonable currency after a collapse of your region?

Attached: Rovingtraderconcept.png (677x1226, 887K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NbVJU1CuM0Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Crypto

Bullets, Metro 2033 style.

Attached: steamworkshop_guide_1410699886_guide_branding.png (200x170, 42K)

how would you transfer/verify legitimacy of codes? in most collapse scenarios there is limited, if any, communications networks remaining. these require alot of electricity and people showing up to do maintenance. I don't say it's impossible, but what network would be used to verify?

lots of post-apocolyptic narratives using these. they do spoil over time, they do have a use beyond trade, and they require time and effort to create.

what about soap? I would think alot of people would just want to get the shit off their hands. does it spoil too soon?

Attached: riverbath.jpg (474x355, 50K)

>After Collapse Currency
Everythingis there.

What sort of collapse are we talking about? Economic, climatic or just politic? From the look of this thread and since you are a burger I guess you refer to a government collapse to relish self-sufficiency and citizen independance.

Then I guess, that without an agro-industrial complex to sustain the population food would have a good value, all sort of grains.

Maybe silver since it has a unique clinking sound compared to other metals. Perhpas solar panel for big transactions. Why not gas too...

blowjobs
of both kinds

Yes, I was thinking a global disaster which isolates millions for years. Obviously barter is going to happen. For years Salt was a currency.

Attached: barter[1].jpg (849x565, 253K)

sex-slaves as higher-tier barter items? now you're starting to get into organized clans, even fiefdoms/monarchies, I think.

>blowjobs
You buying the dark meat section, Hans?

Attached: somali-camel-train-ahtwe1[1].jpg (640x436, 88K)

Bullets, Food, Livestock, Gas,

Any good engineer can do some basic refrigirator and we know about pasteurization now. I doubt salt would play as a big deal as you think it would.

Matresses

Attached: 39E10AB0-BC7A-4602-AFBF-C1856BA4266F.jpg (2000x1333, 309K)

>without an agro-industrial complex to sustain the population food would have a good value, all sort of grains.
I would think this as well. The first few years of any major disaster would be very basic survival issues. Clean water, sufficient calories, sustaining core-tem in winter.

Attached: DefLeppardxcf.png (640x400, 225K)

What do you mean currency after collapse kek
After collapse of social and economic system we can only go back to trading goods like in dawn of civilisation.
Canned food,gasoline, wood, rifles and bullets, tools etc. are all necessity that you rarely want to trade for because they have most important value.
When things get better gold and silver would be used again as currency.

Actually, cloth items in general, and furniture, will have a good value after about a decade. In the event of a firestorm or chemical contamination event, furniture may be highly valued immediately, even mattresses.

Attached: 1462683179[1].jpg (1281x720, 443K)

Women

Gold coins and bullion, they are durable, scarce and portable, everything you need in a currency.

Bullets are made by the trillion, and bottle caps are super common.

Most trades will be barter, with people swapping goods for goods.

Like I said, at one point Salt was a currency, not just a commodity. You're inland hills/mountains? So you probably have lots of wood items, varieties of stone types, grains. But do you have preservatives? Sweeteners? Metals for crafting clasps, nails, etc? Which of these items might become most valuable to your people?

Attached: hills_of_sumadija[1].jpg (640x480, 139K)

Bitcoin

Gold, Silver, Water, Ammo, Food, Slaves

Keeping large mammals takes dozens of acres of land for food. You're gonna have to be the last man standing for quite a distance to have the luxury of trading human flesh.

Attached: harem_king_by_kenseiii-d69g1l3[1].jpg (1007x793, 142K)

No currency, people go back to bartaining, the basis of civilization.

Protip : it works better.

(((Gold)))

the reason why caps became currency was because they could not be counterfeit since the cap molds were destroyed in the nuke iirc

the new currency would be something utilitaristic like food, water, electronics or weapons

soap is easy as fuck to make. literally tallow/lard/fat and lye from boiling ashes, the harder the wood the ashes come from the better.

/thread

Gold dinar

bullets, food, gunpowder, lead, petrol, medicine, iodine, etc
>>base goods will be the best barter

dont need currency in a collapse and if shit is being made again the collapse is over, but food is the first thing being traded for since we have plenty of water. Mind you currency is only needed for tax it makes it easier to collect, no more hassle of selling cows you get in tax.

Except that just about every civlization on earth has a common trade item which works for all trades. The south pacific islanders use shells. The africans use gold rings...
Yes, but not everyone knows this. And having lots of lard means lots of mammals, which means grains, or other acreages.

Attached: L22_alchemy_LC[1].jpg (400x256, 28K)

for tax

gold gasoline cigarettes and alcohol anybody that says otherwise is retarded

>diamonds from jews, they keep it in their hair.
>gold from jews, they keep it in their hair.
>silver from jews, they keep it in their hair.
>gems from jews, they keep it in their hair.
remember if shit goes down, find yourself a kike kick him and everytime a coin drops.

coins

Attached: now-TwuUAjsF-coins_chuckcross_eyeem_gettyimagesjpg-1210-680.jpg (907x509, 158K)

Tobacco. Shortages have started riots in the past? Spoils rather quickly, requires acreages for planting and is a human effort currency.

Ok, using your Canadian currency, what will each coin get you?

Bullets

jesus you people are dumb

Any suggestion on value by round type?

Attached: Bakers-dozen-30s-900x621[1].jpg (900x621, 84K)

we shall trade in steam

Attached: 1406431292487.jpg (1733x2600, 2.83M)

Ammunition, precious metals, steel, copper, lead, other commodities. Food & water. Booze, narcotics, tobacco, coffee, sugar, human beings would all be subject to bartering if there were to be a collapse. I think some people would use bottle caps for the lulz.

Attached: IMG_7326.jpg (960x679, 122K)

god steampunk is so gay

Compressed gasses?
Any idea how that values to other needful items, food, water?

Attached: proper-storage2-beattie[1].jpg (640x480, 120K)

Noses

Attached: 1538922674423.gif (202x360, 2.42M)

we shant survive the wastelands if not for our dirigibles

Attached: Steampunk_Airship.jpg (960x864, 88K)

Toilet paper

/thread

Attached: 9015760-empty-toilet-paper-roll-hanging-in-a-restroom[1].jpg (1200x798, 79K)

them digits say you're nasty, but possibly correct.

Gas, grass, or ass.

Chinese/Facebook totalitarian style digital 'reputation points', in a 'God' system with no human oversight. The exploitable flaws will eventually be identified and the system, for all its cleverness, will not have any actual grasp on general concepts of dishonesy/hacking/exploitation that will allow it to recognize them as such. Most of the population will be reputation-farming slaves/serfs. Actual quality of life is almost impossible to predict.

People will mine and process transactions on pen and paper in huge sweatshops. Communication will occur via carrier pigeon networks.
youtube.com/watch?v=NbVJU1CuM0Q

Few people can or want to make decent soap that actually cleans but doesn't burn you and has xyz scent and feel.
Yet everyone considers this to be the basic minimum for acceptable soap to use or buy. Consider that candle makers had and have a booming business and they just dip strings in a pot.

also a gassifier.
being able to power a small appliance engine on leaflitter/trash seems like it would come in handy.

>Warehousing Autistics as a living computer.
That's the bleakest shit yet, I think.. Then again, you are offering a good survival reason for the less physically active.

Bullets, Alcohol, Tobacco, in that order. With bullets you can forcefully obtain the other two lesser currencies as long as they are not totally consumed.

Man. Im gonna be drawing blueprints for weapons and shit. And ill sell those. Basically mods in the fallout universe. Im gonna be a seller of mods.

Unironically bullets. There will be no trading. You just shoot the fucker and take what you want.

Chapati's. Theres enough fucking sand niggers round here for it

>mining reputation points
I was wrong, this is the bleakest shit yet. Behaving well with someone else's name-tag to trade behavior points for food. Might work.

Foreskins

I wouldn't trade ammo...lighters are a big thing. Hygiene stuff. Precious metals once everything settles down and regular life starts grinding on again.

Cocaine

Healthy 18650 cells! Seriously stock up.

Attached: 8n9vwpp1mjr01.jpg (1001x995, 470K)

The bigger and more distinct the nose, the more valuable it is

You from Columbia? Or are you going to setup a regular Caribbean trade route? Or, are you going to Greenhouse Coca and make your own. Drugs as currency, interesting market place.
damn, well, he's not lying about his plans. someone mark this fucker's location on the map for the rest of us?

Attached: erythroxylum-coca-fruits[1].jpg (654x850, 116K)

unironically im making that gun out of a jews leg during dotr.

I like steampunk too, but try to save talking about your hobbies for applicable times, it cheapens you and what you like to shitpost about it.

with a goTenna

Gas, ass, or grass.

Good points. Brings to mind questions of electrical availability, and the ability to maintain a homestead. Some situations may not offer this, roaming, of some form, might be your regular condition for some time frame.

Attached: 96934bd235bcfe4fa153edab4866141c[1].jpg (321x480, 41K)

This is correct, but I don't think anyone will be carrying large welded drums around.

Attached: gassifier.jpg (474x394, 41K)

How can a collapse even happen if your money is already completely worthless? Money has worth because people believe in it.

With a better wheel, maybe some suspension, and a wider base, I can see that being a caravan essential.

(((you))) give yourself away. maybe in some places, but I don't think so unless your people have some actual use for the item. I think Gold as trade requires the organization of clans at the least.

So are you on with the Steam-punk idea of value from compressed gases?

> roaming, of some form, might be your regular condition for some time frame.
I wonder how many people can even be sustained in an environment where people mainly scavenge and don't produce more food. Any non-perishable foods will disappear very quickly to be consumed or stashed with varying degrees of secrecy and security.

No, but being able to turn burnables into electricity so you can have power to automate jobs is fucking priceless in post Apocalypse where said thing otherwise would rely on fuel generators.

mechanical parts would be quite valuable, dynamo, solar panel, powerful magnet... every manufactured part

I'd ride in this through a waste-land. Anyone who wouldn't is a liar. Totally safe.

Attached: wood-gas-cars2[1].jpg (640x602, 171K)

Women (bonus if virgin)
Ammo
Food (bonus if long shelf life)
Clean water
Meds
Lighters
Fuel
Tools
Luxury goods like sweets and drugs
Elbow grease
and most importantly: SKILLS

Skills can even save your life if you're captured because you can be of use to the dudes who got you.

Attached: 9RQ16Hf.jpg (480x640, 70K)

My general rule of thumb is...don't trade shit I need or something they can use to kill me.

Stock up on fish antibiotics guys...painkillers...lighters like I said earlier. Small inexpensive everyday items will be the best bartering items because we can all afford them en masse and people will want that shit.

One incendiary bullet would put a smile on my face.
You would want to avoid flammable gas.

True, but are these common enough to be a currency?

Attached: spare-parts[1].jpg (227x908, 64K)

Women.

Oh also network with neighbors...I've got a good thing going with my neighbors and will provide security for meat...already have tons of food but fresh meat, eggs, milk, etc will be a great thing to have.

My skill set is medical, infantry and security...capitalize on your skill sets. Also go learn new things...a first aid or EMT B course is cheap or free, doesn't take long and teaches you valuable info.

fuck yes

Lighters and cans of tuna.

Beast currency for the damned, none who take the mark and worship the image of the Beast will enter the kingdom of heaven.

Believers will be forbidden to buy and sell, it stands to reason we will live as the first Christians did and have everything in common.

It does prove that you can use your gasifier to be mobile, that could pay off, if you can get wheels and not announce your arrival for 20 minutes before you get there.

>Coins
Most national coins at this date are shit metals that would barely work to case a bullet. Certainly almost 100% useless in most machines doing human equivalent labor. Maybe useful in electronics. But ignoring my complaints;
What are they valued at as you see them?

A common trading currency isn't the mark of the beast, thank you for confusing the Revelation of John for items of universal value after a catastrophe. Please avoid all tattoos and implants as you see fit, but until then, will you be trading in bibles?

Attached: moses-tabernacle[1].jpg (525x276, 82K)

>Maybe silver since it has a unique clinking sound compared to other metals.
Nah, people who haven't handled silver a lot will be very afraid of it not being silver. I have buckets of the stuff (unfortunately gone in a boating accident) bought at spot price just for fun because I was building a world silver coin type collection. I once showed someone silver coins and they were skeptical as fuck. I explained that silver is easy to tell, if not by color then by the unique sound they make. They seemed to still be skeptical.

It will take a while for people to have a general price consensus on everything but only shit that is universally desired will be traded

> (You)
>with a goTenna
Who will be keeping communications for this cloud of data?

>doomers still think that society is going to go full downfall and not slowly get worse
Don't sit around waiting for it to happen because you won't even notice it. Build your wealth and escape.

Attached: Collapse.jpg (1536x817, 419K)

Leftist's fingers, toes and ears.