Piano or Guitar?

Piano or Guitar? What is the whitest instrument to learn to play?

Attached: piano-guitar.jpg (700x700, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Lui-EoP6EIs
youtube.com/watch?v=oEfFbuT3I6A
youtube.com/watch?v=8645NXG-iII
youtube.com/watch?v=F1QD-FPvRO4
youtube.com/watch?v=JNEnzNHTkd8
youtube.com/watch?v=taY5oHleS4I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

On the basis that the piano goes back to even temperment as promoted by Bach, I would have to say that it better epitomizes Western (i.e. white) music.

The computer

let's be honest, you're not going to put the time into learning either

Piano because of the quality of music available.
t. Chopinfag

Piano. Guitar is mutt instrument. When the aryans were composing symphonies on piano, the spanish mongrels practically obsessed over the guitar.

Banjo

No question about it: Piano

White people can't play music.

Harmonica.

You're question is retarded and so are you. Learn guitar to learn chords and harmony for like six months, then either continue on that path or transition. Eventually it isn't too hard to cross the skills over if you practice at both and have working musical knowledge.

>piano isn't all chords and harmony all the time
Guitar kind of makes it interesting because it's more limited and you have to figure out how to finger it and where on the neck to move to next, but piano almost nothing but assembling intervals together and coordinating what one hand is doing with the other.

Piano, I wish I played piano as I can play guitar

this. get the knowledge then all instruments make sense and its just a matter of practice (time)

Attached: ninja-assain-740x400.jpg (740x400, 46K)

Cello

spanish are white though

Isn't it one of the funnest things to pick up an instrument you've never played before and mess around with it to try to find out what it's about?

i challenge you to find anything whiter than pic related

Attached: IMG_2845.jpg (640x640, 217K)

kek

Attached: Screenshot_71.png (461x517, 409K)

Violin.

>t. nigger

Those headphones are overrated. But I can see why they'd be well-suited to the instrument in question.

You mean Well-Temperament?

You know damn well they mean the same thing. You might as well chastise me for not using German or something.

do you buy the harman curve target response for headphones?
i want a flat response cos im a /prod fag

He meant that there is no such thing as even temperament, there is Equal and Well and they are not the same.

I'm ambivalent about that because I've never been able to find headphones that sound real. But I think there's something to the harman curve and in fact using that as a starting point for setting up a multiband compressor for my battle station worked out well.

I'm also largely in the flat camp, although the BBC dip has a lot going for it.

Your words, like dis based white boy
youtu.be/Lui-EoP6EIs

piano is whiter and easier to learn
t. player of both

Stupid question. The answer is harpsichord.

Are you retarded? Can you only think in mutt-speak now?

Harpsichord is what slavs are to aryans. Good attempt, but awkward implementation. There is no dynamics in harpsichord. Music needs dynamics.

Electric Bass PUSSY

>lol

Attached: Screenshot_103.png (479x714, 53K)

Piano.

t.pianofag

Played 12 years, teachers tried to keep me from playing classical by pushing me to contemporary """"jazz"""" so I quit lessons and have been self taught for 8 years. Never picked up a guitar, never will.

You can't swing so you quit?

Have you ever played one? I used to have a key to the secret room where my high school kept one and not having any dynamics at all actually makes it really fun because now you have to put your mind to work to get what you want out of it.

sounds like shit though

Yeah. A fun novel experience, but would be dreadful to be stuck with it. I understand why someone saw the need to invent the modern piano.

You're using negro words. Call it tempo rubato.

Sounds like awesome. Plectrums on extra-long guitar strings.

Very onions though, try again Woes

Either will work but if you play guitar you must play heavy metal for it to be white.

very onions.....wtf!!

Yeah, the modern piano is really an impressive instrument.

Piano, but you should still learn guitar.

holy shit fucking leave newfag

Attached: 1526178950152.png (593x605, 150K)

very s. o. y

kek fucking mods

piano all the way

Learn music theory while you play choice 1# don't just fuck about and actually learn why something sounds good ie. scales/keys and dissonance
Congratulations you can now play both.

Piano is better. I've played guitar for 15 years and I'm about as good at it as you can get and I wish I'd learned Piano instead. You can just do a lot more without singing with a Piano. Tremolo, flamenco, classical fingerpicking, only the highest proficiency in these even approaches an average pianist's range of music.

Attached: 325235235.png (1003x768, 538K)

oh?
youtube.com/watch?v=oEfFbuT3I6A

Nothing wrong with Jazz, nothing jewish about it either. It's the highest achievement of American art. I can understand the frustration however if that's not what you want to play and teachers keep pushing you towards it.
Find a good teacher, plenty of top end classical teachers around.

> can only play the notes they give you
Piano is for npcs

Neither.

Accordion.

Tempo Rubato is not swing and correct, jazz is a black music. It combines black African rhythm with white classical european harmonies

Mediterraneans aren't white, potato nigger.

>nonsensical statement from a nonmusician
ok npc

>Bach
>even temperament
Whatever the fuck that is
>being historically illiterate
I bet you think the tritone is "le ebil debil note" and not the square root of two expressed as sound.

piano

That's a pretty cool sounding room, but he's not really playing the room so it's too much room imo.

IT LITERALLY SUMMONS THE DEVIL YOU HEATHEN

>not transposing piano compositions to guitar
pfft good work Ricardo

oh?
youtube.com/watch?v=8645NXG-iII

"swing" is the easiest most relaxed style on the books, so not sure what you mean. When I put quotations around Jazz, that was because the shit I was learning wasn't even Jazz. See: Tundra by Ola Gjeilo. That was the most difficult """"Jazz"""" piece my teacher had to offer before I left. I learned almost everything on my own after that.

don't forget violin and cello

No they don't, what do you think people meant when they said "each key has a different mood/affect"? Well temperament has a system of 31 pitches organized into keys of varying timings where equal temperament is limited to 12 pitches and each key has identical tuning.

accordian

*various tunings

Guitar is Spanish, but it is a more skillful instrument, there's only so many ways you can bang on a piano key.

I said "even" not "equal." I guess it's a colloquialism I must have picked up. I know the proper translation is "well."

They both do it, but one would be an 88 key clusterfuck that fills your house and that you won't have access to it's capabilities for quite a while, and the other is a hundred dollar stick of wood that fits in your closet and you can use almost anywhere. I mean, I'd go so far as to say learn Ukelele first because it'd be similar to learning Esperanto before learning other languages.

For a beginner, I am thinking nothing more than open chords, understanding the circle of fifths, understanding how a chord progression works, that kind of thing. The guitar even makes it clear for the player, rather than any major chords spread that can be used along the keyboard, Open G is ALWAYS Open G, Open D, Open E, they are all significant and memorable. For a beginner, a keyboard is a vast open ocean, and the chords a beginner learns on piano sound corny while guitar chords let you pick up and play real ass songs, another reason a beginner might stick with rather than give up.

Rubato is variance of tempo within the musical phrase. Swing is an often syncopated rhytmic pulse that is shifted from the on-beat to somewhere in between the onbeats.

Yeah contemporary jazz is very masturbatory. Went to see a piano jazz solo show the other weekend, expected something akin to Bill Evans, instead I got nonsensical harmonic structures that the player played eyes closed.

would love to see someone try cover this on a piano, skip to 1:45

youtube.com/watch?v=F1QD-FPvRO4

I think of it as swing is more like using rubato for consistent micro-aggressions, ideally to trigger people.

Keep in mind the guy that invented it was famous in his own lifetime for it. That was HARD AS FUCK to do back then because of how things spread. For it to still be the most popular instrument globally today (and the editing format for MIDI) has got to put Bartolomeo Cristofori in the short list for greatest inventors of all time. How many inventions have been replaced in usefulness, how many are replaced every day? We dont use cotton gins anymore? But when will the pianos use end? Possibly never? Hopefully never. Amazing.

Equal temperament has different feelings too because the music is not just the ratios between the intervals but the absolute values of the intervals too. For the same reason slowed down music sounds more warm and pitched up music more bright.

Attached: 213a91d15f6a6c039faeacfb970f04e9.jpg (1024x768, 192K)

Anybody have advice for learning guitar as a piano player? I'm really good at piano but want to learn guitar more to diversify.

Guitar is spanish. Piano is italian.
Both are white.
>incoming mutt rage

kek

>Math music
Okay (((Schoenberg)))

Ever play a full upright? It's great for the player because the soundboard is reflecting all the sound right at you, it's very 3D because you're sitting right in front of it, and you get the entire string rather than just the hammer end of it.

I'd call it underrated if they didn't show up so often in erudite recordings that aren't classical music.

>piano is difficult to understand
the key literally makes the same noise when you press it, once you can find middle C and a few of the chords it is all repitition and trying to untwist your fingers.

You bend strings in guitar to make it talk and there are multiple ways to make the same sound. You might have fewer strings but you have so much more control over every little part.

Learn what notes are the most fundamental notes in any chord or sound. In piano you can just splatter heavy harmonies all over the walls, but in guitar you will be limited to six notes at most, and often less.

This is Bartolomeo Cristofori. He invented the piano and was famous for it in his lifetime. If somebody says he isnt fucking white they need to be gassed.

Attached: BartolomeoCristofori.jpg (578x800, 43K)

Guitar is the most basic bitch instrument to play. Unless we're talking about classical guitar.
Piano, however, offers much greater range of music available to play and has the greatest tone range of any instrument. It's also to successfully adopt most music to piano.

It's so apples to oranges for me because there are interesting techniques that are only possible on one or the other.

>best way to learn guitar as a piano player
Rocksmith 2014, I'm serious.

A few times. I used to have a Yamaha grand in my house (in a room with wood floors and vaulted ceilings, sounded amazing). After I moved I dont have it anymore it kills me.

Dude thanks I'll check it out

I used to play FUCKloads of guitar hero back in the day so it's not weird to me at all lol

Hey guys i play piano....heres a little dooot doot and a boobaloodoot oh look im gay.

Most not an argument I've ever seen. 0/10 apply you'reself

They are indeed apples to oranges. It would be better to compare guitar to violin family instruments. The problem is whenever someone says that they play guitar it's almost always few cords and playing famous songs and that makes me cringe. That's why I said classical guitar is different. It takes a long time to master and music for it is indeed beautiful and you can even adopt violin works for it like video related.

youtube.com/watch?v=JNEnzNHTkd8

If you have an acoustic one, that's the best way to build up your calluses. And then you can get blazed and wail with an electric one playing along with whatever strikes your fancy.

Then you can get technical with it and explore how to play your favorite piano pieces on it, look into cool traditional American fingerstyle stuff, or classical guitar, or whatever else to branch out, since it's very easy to get locked into 12-bar blues type stuff due to the way the instrument is set up. Like a clarinet or sax, it's an instrument that responds to pure emotion.

That's good lol

Play synths bro. Its the same as piano bit far more interesting. Guitar is overrated

>Not learning the Kazoo

Attached: ED420edited.jpg (1377x1036, 44K)

It's the white man's didgeridoo.

I taught myself guitar when I was 16 and am very good at playing. While I loved guitar, recently I've been really wanting to learn piano because I've fallen in love with Chopin and the other Romantics. Piano is truly the patrician instrument for the huwhite man.

t. guitar player

youtube.com/watch?v=taY5oHleS4I