Why the left can't meme

Could it be that the reason the left cannot meme is due to memetics themselves? "social genes" the idea that idea's themselves are passed along like genes, But is it possible that the left cannot due this due to not being able to create ideas themselves? If they're all NPC's then they cannot create and form an idea that hasn't been thought by them before, and memetics requires someone to create an idea and pass it along, whether the passing can be seen as a groupthink NPC mentality, it could be the case: But however in many memes cases the older it is and passed along it has variants and changes to it to reflect the same idea but in a different manner (Wojak having extreme variance, to just plain feels wojak to NPC wojak to boomer wojak) Yet the majority of the left seems to be unable to do this, unable to adopt a meme and break down its core ideas and reform it unlike free thinkers (non-npc's) and the right is able to, with the recent npc meme it appears the left does not understand why the meme itself works, while the right is able to reapply its same concept in a varietyof manners. Could it be the left cannot meme since they're all NPC's who cannot create an idea like a meme can?

Attached: 1536632314338s.jpg (220x229, 4K)

Furthermore it could be argued that the reason trump's presidential campaign worked is because of memes themselves, presenting the core ideas of his in a easy to understand, but extremely variable way. between pepe, and many iconic phrases ("build a wall" "her emails" ect), yet the left retaliated by declaring pepe a hate symbol: Trying to destroy a meme they could not adopt for themselves, and tried to create their own memes and failed due to as stated above (Clinton's "love trumps hate" and similar phrases), possessing not only trumps name so it always had him in the meme itself, but failing to realize why trump's memes worked, and ultimately failing to win the 2016 election

I wonder how this would have played out in earlier elections. What would their memes be?

Given the anonymous nature of memes, it's difficult to say which political affiliation is behind most of them

They can't make one without explaining it with walls of text. That's why they're shit.

It's hard to tell, Although memes can be seen as the idea's from the technology of the now, and previous candidates have used other means of new tech to spread their ideas: Right now memes are the best way to spread ideas due to the internet, but previously it was the TV, Like how JFK's debate was aired on TV first, he used it to his advantage (If im correct in the fact he was one of the first).
Generally speaking though alot of left-wing websites seem to be unable to create a meme as long lasting or easy to exploit as right-wing sites themselves. though there are exceptions to this as always
Thats apart of the thing, unable to convey a short idea that is easy to consume, and evolve and adapt

They are too concerned with political correctness and a funny picture becomes a meme because it breaks rules, taboos, and exposes truths which aren't immediately obvious. The people you would call "left" are not concerned with having a giggle, they take it too seriously and are afraid of falling in the holes they themselves have created.

Maybe left and right isn't the right term for this but I don't know how else to mark this difference in opinions.

Yeah, left and right wing in this case is a general brand-all for the political spectrum, not a definite thing for every situation: Just a general thought

You make an interesting point, OP.

(Posting mostly for bump) I made the thread more on the idea to discuss and bring up the idea that this is the case, I'm hoping the thread doesnt die before being seen though

Not really.

Attached: AnAlbanian.jpg (948x669, 42K)

The left can't meme cause they are dead inside. Most leftists aren't funny people & can't take a joke.

Seeing them flip out over the NPC meme is quite hilarious

Also the reason why they can steal memes is because know your memes exists.

You need a soul to meme or get one, or at least a real sense of humour.

Know your meme is a whole different thing, normies use it so know a meme and think they understand it: without actually seeing the meme in play or using it correctly, so yeah it does piss on them a bit, but i'd say its a needed thing otherwise you'd have them here trying to find out things

Leftists can't into memes because they unfunny faggots.
/thread

Attached: 1509582611680.gif (500x344, 618K)

Goods memes ring true. That's what makes them powerful. The left can't meme because the ideas they would like to meme are false. That's also the reason leftist memes feature walls of text - they need to justify their meme after the fact because they don't ring true on their own. That's all there is to it.

anything simplified down to that can be seen like that
"Righties are just rascist bigots /thread" can be said for alot of things racial related right?

Don't explain to them what they are doing wrong ffs.

It's not 'left can't meme' it's 'people who cant meme are leftist NPCs'

Attached: npc orange.png (2000x2000, 1.02M)

the "Left cant meme" meme is a simplification of what you just said: But it still rings true

Doesn't matter. The problem is their ideas. Even if they had a sense of humor and other useful meme skills it wouldn't matter because the ideas they try to meme are false and this deactivates the meme.

If you do some research you will find one country is the main culprit and you are right most of us do not give a shit about American politics.
What?
You cunts thought the country of bantz and shitposting wasn't responsible for most good memes or something?

Attached: in comes straya.jpg (709x660, 179K)

No. It is "the left can't meme".

>they cannot create and form an idea that hasn't been thought by them before

Attached: 93BEE08A-3D0C-4F32-8C24-B85954771739.jpg (750x850, 130K)

Anyone would think Americans came up with the NPC meme with how you pricks talk about it and use it in your politics like NPCs

Attached: meme.png (1200x805, 502K)

Mostly speaking, the left currently is mainly adopted by NPC's for moral points, while many non-npc's subscribe to their own ideas, and due to them not being liked by the left: are often branded as "right wing". But both sides have N

>damn captcha
Both sides do have NPC's, its just the right has non-npc's branded right wing due to thier own opinions

Still how can you say the left can't meme when most memes are made by Australians who have completely different politics than America?

I am Liberal and guess what, in my country that is the right wing party.

anyone else noticed the number of schizophrenic posters coming out of the wood works to claim the NPC is a psyop?

you know a meme is strong when crazy shills come out against it.

Attached: 1526690197925.jpg (541x604, 98K)

I'd think its mostly shitposters trying to get people to attack each other, Everyone shitposts bullshit like that to some extent.

NPC meme took off because of the general threads on Jow Forums on the 11th and 12th of october, Hundreds of bits of good OC was made and it spread like fire from there to sites like funnyjunk and reddit.

Nothing abnormal really.

Attached: NPC general.jpg (1349x774, 323K)

Memes have probably always existed albeit in other forms: headlines, sayings, imagery, etc. Take Voltaire’s Candid for example, it’s basically a book of memes.

a meme is just an idea that gets passed around, of course they have always existed.
This shit spread worldwide before the internet.

Attached: that-s-thing-everyone-drew-in-school-what-is-it-1469592177.jpg (1200x674, 113K)

Indeed, Memes of the now are image macro's more often or not: though copypasta is a form of text meme

I know.
Look at this Lefty Meme I just found

Attached: ShameOnJack.jpg (427x502, 66K)

It seems to me the core of memes, whatever the form, is speaking inconvenient truths. The left can’t do this, at least not at the moment. Since their world view is currently built on delusions and doublethink it would crumble. Their emperor is naked.

they're low IQ

Attached: jimmy-nu-npc.png (960x960, 975K)

It’s like they want to bore you into submission.

Truth presented in a way you didn't expect can be funny but they don't believe in the truth just their truth

Good memes are punk, like counterculture. As much as the left wants themselves to be viewed as 'edgy and rebellious' -- they exist within a system that more than tolerates them and they seek social approval for everything they do. Being a punk is fucking fun, and that is why our memes are fun and work, and why their memes don't work and suck. It's not punk to jerk the system off.

KEEP THE FREQUENCIES CLEAR.

A meme must present an idea that is easy to disgest, exploitable, and speaks from a place of truth (Or in some cases: be so anti-logic it becomes funny, like deep fried memes). because the left's logic is always changing and is always contradictory, it cannot be easy to do such a thing

faggot

I think the contradictory part is why they cannot meme. I have noticed a pattern that every one of their positions is contradicted by another. For examples:
women are stronk and equal to men / women are sensitive and must get special rules,
all people are inherently good / right wingers are evil,
identity and gender is a social construct / gays are born that way

Since every position is contradicted in the belief system there is no truth, so there is nothing to meme about.

That is worth speaking about, then your counter logic is also your logic too, then memes are hard to create. Pushing the idea of something and making it hyperbolic is impossible since the statements themselves are hyperbolic in nature due to conflicting logic.

Listen here newfriend
Lefties can meme. Old Jow Forums was super lefty and could meme circles around you.
Jow Forums was just full of left wingers that were anti SJW. So when the SJW plague emerged, Jow Forums went full Nazi.

The wing / political party that is able to be stable and coherent with their logic, and also able to make fun of it in itself and make comedy and humor about it will be able to meme the best, currently speaking the liberal ideology cannot do this nearly as well as more conservative ideologies

Exactly, and they can’t fix it without giving up a lot of their beliefs. This is also why they seem so exceptionally retarded and NPC like to everybody with a working brain. The script contradicts itself all the time, like in really bad writing (Hollywood I’m looking at you).

But the really interesting question becomes WHY they insist on all beliefs being contradicionary.

We like Ike. Tippecanoe and Tyler too.

Societal norms, if its cool to fit in with the crowd instead of challenging its ideas and making you're own, then NPC's will go along with it.

Agreed, but why are does the norms absolutely have to be contradictory to satisfy them? There is something here, some sort of key. I can almost feel it.

It really is hilarious how even the memes they do manage to come up with end up being turned against them (fake news, drumpf). They're fighting a war that they don't understand.

Because Leftism is inherently wrong. That is why they have tons of tons of texts in their memes, Das Kapital is a thousand pages of wrong, why they swamp you intellectually.

You know they aren't right, but they are convincing you with well thought out arguments that go against your gut instinct.

Right wing memes quickly, succinctly, and accurately point out what your gut and intuition already know.

That is why it is funny, it's an accurate observation of life. That's why stand up comedy is funny, and political standup comedy is only funny if it is Libertarian leaning.

Leftists are defending a vaguely Soviet system no matter what their actual beliefs are, and there is nothing funny about Soviet realism without showing off how broken it is.

Attached: 534314_10100331332124905_214601240_n.jpg (541x960, 53K)

They're too cognitively impaired. To meme you must understand your targets worldview to know what to poke fun at. The left simply lacks the ability to do so. This is why all their memes are targeted towards their strawmen of the right and they sit their scratching their heads when it has no effect. Meming their artificial interpretation of the right into oblivion, is all they can muster.

We need to start shilling to the NPCs that a blue wave is exactly what Trump wants. Do the math.

Pelosi in charge for two years, fucking shit up, drawing lots of aggro.

The god Emperor walks with an easy reelection. 4D chess fags. He wants them to win, because it guarantees his second term.

its because they do not understand these logical condradictories, they cannot visual and process why the two opposing things cannot work together due to not being able to think abstractly. Because of this, when both are presented to them at the same time it results in them freaking out on you in anger because they cannot comprehend it.

the reason

Attached: FB_IMG_1539976851343.jpg (720x390, 38K)

anyone got that pic that has the npc doing the smug smirk?

Is that a can of foster’s?

Meme's are humour based, and good humour always has a victim. Every good joke that gave you a belly laugh had a victim in the punchline.
The left is all about victimhood being a virtue, so poking fun at someone for a giggle is anathema to their worldview.
That's why, even when they try to meme against the right, it's not humerous, just vitriolic. It's fueled by hatred rather than a fatalistic, self-deprecating joy de vivre.

Sure, this may be why they don’t detect it, but why does every position they take magically have a contradiction in another?

If they had a few poisons that contradicted themselves I would put it down to lack of talent, but it seems to be the majority - if not every single one.- of their positions. Is there an underlying psychological factor that causes them to create contradictions? I might be overthinking it, but I can’t help but feel there’s something here. Maybe it’s just if you go for everything that feels good short term then you’ll end up with a lot of contradictions.

Most likely the last bit there, the more free thinking you have the more often you'd think about the future past the now. that could be it, but its hard to say

they can only output information from direct input. They don't have hard drives to create from internal debate

Attached: 10464392_10152339865068492_2714165370095731008_n.jpg (261x187, 11K)

Interesting idea, and there seems to be something to it, but what really separates a humerous victim from vitrol? It cannot be subjective.

I triggered a few with this meme in the past couple. I had one lefty begging me to explain it to them over and over. He simply couldn't get it. I think a lot of them don't. Probably terrifies them to their core.

they must be made to look at labradors with envy

You might be right. They do seem to have a general problem with thinking about th future and dynamic mechanisms. It’s like their belief of the world is that it is largely static. For example they believe they can just raise taxes without any sort of reaction or side effect.

Attached: 1488.png (433x716, 348K)

It's VB you pleb.

Attached: fosters.png (404x459, 257K)

(Believe its the right image, hard to tell due to size) This could help with some input on NPC thought, race in this is.. the main outlook, but i believe the same process is at work

Attached: 1539944386478.jpg (1303x4720, 2.31M)

>Why the left can't meme
the reason is quite simple, the left ones are not able to capture a conservative world view, because their idiology does not allow to evaluate opinions other than their own, or in other words, acting as a collective in an individualistic network is limited.

how can you argue, if you can not analyze the argument

>what really separates a humerous victim from vitrol?
Life is a bitch, and it's not fair. So you were born with a hump and a deformed leg? Your mates will call you Quasimodo and you will know it's because they are your mates and are bantering you to be inclusive. They wouldn't do it to some random disabled kid down the shopping mall.
Being the punchline is designed to be spiritually strengthening, even if the victim doesn't realise it. Vitriol, by contrast, is intended to weaken.
That's the difference.

you know how mainstream cartoons always have one panel too many? that's why they can't meme; they make every panel explicit

Attached: shadow.png (589x581, 84K)

Yes

Yep wrong thing, the one i was looking for expressed that they often lack forsight: they live in the now, the future will happen, but its not a thought. it doesnt exist to them. this is in very heavily african parts of africa though, what i mean is: Old african languages still used, ect. the same process could be at play here though, Agian dont mean the race could be at play here specifically though.

I saw a girl with a “Love trumps hate” pin on her bag this week - almost offered to buy it off of her but she was too ugly to chat up

it's a test of their control over you, and your loyalty to the cause. like when winston smith is told to believe that 2+2=5 in nineteen eighty-four

The majority of exciting, clever and creative people abandoned the left and drove the Trump train. The rest are trapped by degeneracy but are not contributing much to the left because they lack focus due to their degenerate behavior. As soon as these types clean up they go right. You’re left with the dregs and posers and the left you see today is the product of that braintrust.

It may be related to the Culture of Critique idea. If you construct beliefs in opposition to something that makes sense, you will get something that doesn't make sense.

That’s an interesting read and I recognize it, but what about the white academics that theorize the selves into contradictory positions they seem unable to let go of? I know several of these, and they are not stupid in the low IQ sense.

The more contradictions they adhere to, the more cognitive dissonance.
The more confusion they feel, the more anger they internalize.
Having their illogical worldview pointed out breaks the anger dam, and a meltdown occurs.
They are basically addicts. But their drug of choice is the chemical they produce when they are angry. So they find things to be angry about.
They are self-medicating rage junkies.
It's useful to point this out to them if you can get them to calm down enough. They won't agree with you, of course, but they may think about the idea that the fault actually lies with them later on.

No, the issue is orthodoxy. The left today is very regimented in its views and punishes even minor transgressions with severity. Therefore leftists aren't funny in the exact way that the Pope isn't funny; he has too many rules to respect, too many sacred cows to keep, too much of a polite facade to maintain.

Memetics requires the ability and willingness to let the mind wander, to consider one idea to be as good as any other, to follow an interesting new formulation even if it's not "proper." Leftists are too busy "unpacking" everything to let ideas lead them.

Attached: 1497242754338.png (600x600, 336K)

that i cannot safely answer: The main reguard i have to this is that blacks are more likely to not have internal thought compared to whites, though i cannot say for sure.

Probably, you long-winded cunt.

This might be what i’m trying to get at. If you create contradictory beliefs you can feel angry and victimized ALL THE TIME. Maybe it’s alll about getting high on those feelings, as you say. Interesting.

The left can not meme because they don't like the NPC meme, which we fellow anons love. The NPC meme is very funny, and when we say that the left can't meme we are implying that we can meme, and this is proven by the NPC meme, which is so funny, we all spontaneously entered into a state of inexplicable mass hysteria and posted it in a mindless frenzy for a week, like we were bots, but of course there is no such thing as internet bots, kek. And we hate kikes. kek

Attached: OHFAQ.png (1111x978, 253K)

Centrist is the only redpilled position

Bone saw.

Yes, Americans use and talk about the NPC meme in our politics so much, in the, um, four days or whatever since the thing was spontaneously zapped into artificial virality, by which I mean since we fellow anons had a memetic awakening that made us all go coo coo for coco puffs of this mediocre meme. kek. The NPC meme has long been a central feature of American politics, well said user.

Attached: LIBTARDKEKMEMEFUNNY.png (1111x978, 259K)

The reason why the left (Anarchists / Commies) can't meme is because their ideas are not digestible into simple, short, low effort, pictures. They can make memes for each other because they have a fully functioning idea of their own internal memetics but not for others

I'd say that the imperfections of socialism and anarchism can be memed well (Ancap memes, "no food" jokes of socialism, ect) But the positives cannot be memed well since they require 100% on everyone, and the left likes to express their imperfections, which is no doubt a trait of human nature to be imperfect, but when everyone is equally un-equal in the left (White people must be disadvantaged to bring blacks up, ect) its hard to fully conceptualize it

because they're losers, OP. They are losers.

Jack Dorsey purging LGBT Activists for using anonymous avatars is OUTRAGEOUS!

#ShameOnJack

Attached: ShameOnJack6.jpg (854x1004, 131K)

Right-wing memes are Darwinian
Ideas that get spread the most are the winners, just like how genes that get spread the most are the winners.

On Jow Forums thousands of shit memes are posted, but the best memes survive and are shared. They're morphed and changed. Why? Because laughter and humor is how a meme spreads.

Yes fellow user. The memes are totally free and unmanipulated by top-down forces. It is wild, unfettered nature on Jow Forums, no one messes with it, and no one ever would. People don't mess with information, after all. We know that the NPC meme is darwinally adapted to making us kek, that it has exploded, cambrian like, and suddenly flooded the ecosystem with memes that are so funny. They are so funny kek. Funny NPC memes, kek,

In some ways it's a Standalone complex

Attached: 14444.png (800x777, 444K)

Attached: TheyAreNPCs.jpg (602x569, 184K)

Attached: CAMPRIATE.png (1111x978, 257K)

The left are obsessed with language censoring and not being offensive unless directed at the right. They don't even allow self-deprecation which totally kills any comedy.

And a lot of the time memes that become popular have to be funny to a broad range of people. The left lacks that ability