Do you think modern art is promothing PC movement ?

what is your opinion Jow Forums ?

Attached: cy-twombly.jpg (640x427, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/magazine/2005/10/17/unpopular-front
youtube.com/watch?v=jF1OQkHybEQ&t=7s
youtube.com/watch?v=KZ_7br_3y54
mileswmathis.com/launder.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=IkJblT7uQVE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's a money laundering scheme that happens to fit well in a post-meaning world

>Sold at Sothebys for 60 million

i like pretty colors

You're close, but it's the other way around. Art only has monetary value when someone pays for it, and jews are nuts about promoting modern art.

Ketchup sandwich?

Yes, it is NPC shit that never resonates with revelant emotions or ideas.

The only art form which has truly affected the Western World (actually most of the world) is Futurism. If you think that ideas of the future (everything's metallic, fast moving, robotic) came out of nowhere and happened organically, think again. Modern cars, trains, cities, weapons, you name it... these things are only just aesthetics predetermined by a group of Italian artists. Not only that, but this is where the modern form of "progress" comes from, and I'll bet my buck that it was bought and paid for by (((them))). Most futurists advocated for violence, rapid change, etc.

Attached: futurism.jpg (615x419, 90K)

Italian futurists had tight as fuck aesthetics and a general sense of optimism. It's the exact opposite of what we have now. Don't try to pin sodomy and prettyfied commie blocks on them

It is unrestricted self-expression, so it necessarily walks hand-in-hand with liberal ideology

OK, not entirely unrestricted, there are limits when it comes to violations of morality, but otherwise it's up to the artist to try and express something he's conceived he does not entirely understand in whatever means he thinks are appropriate and the viewer to look and see whether the artist has anything meaningful to say or not.

It is true that modern art is being abused as a money-laundering scheme, this is a separate issue however. It's not like classical art like the Mona Lisa is not severely overrated while artists like van Gogh are ignored during their lifetime but once they are dead and their art is a finite resource, suddlenly it starts receiving ludicrous pricetags.

There is no abstract right-wing art, at least which I know of, because right-wingers do not see art as a means of self-expression but as a means of inspiring virtue, so you are not supposed to look at a canvas for half an hour and see what your mind cooks up about what is going on, you are supposed to look and pretty easily recognise something which will make you and your country a better place.

Attached: Bobby Carlyle - Self-made Man 2.png (400x516, 329K)

I like this painting, in terms of crafsmanship it is excellent.

But if one of us were locked in a room with nothing but either this painting or your ketchup-smear to look at, which one do you think you could look at for hours on end (even if just to pass the time) in anticipation of finding some "hidden" message and which one is a rather cheeky picture of a dude looking up a woman's skirts which the artist put a lot of time and effort into making look really, really pretty.

...Similar to a Hollywood movie with a pretty bare-bones serviceable plot but god damn, did they put money and effort into top-notch special effects, costumes and sets.

Attached: Jean-Honoré Fragonard - The Swing (1767).jpg (600x754, 86K)

Conservatives like to say the issue is that the art is abstract and simplistic, so you can't be sure if the artist is being sincere or whether he's taking the the piss.

On the contrary, you can't tell me conservatives would appreciate this painting or approve the creation of more like it just because time and skill went into painting a naked lady farting soap bubbles. If anything they would find it obscene mockery.
The issue is clearly the subject-matter and not the style of art.

Attached: arthur-berzinsh-60.jpg (1156x801, 245K)

modern art in all it's forms exists only to confuse, traumatize and subvert the weak-willed into acting in favor of the neo-marxist psychopaths

only if it was made by a jew or jew sympathizer

Attached: modern-art.jpg (687x1024, 177K)

defective art

Attached: Degenerate Art in Nazi Germany.gif (324x406, 32K)

Is this the origin of brap posters?

Modern art is a Jewish money laundering scheme

Went to art school spent the last year replicating Sandro Botticelli birth of venus. at the end of the year I got a c on it the commie chicks in the class literately pissed all over her canvas and got a A.

all the jews in class got A s the rest of us C s.
fuck art

changed major to engineering.

this

i love cy twombly. he was a code breaker in the air force. his paintings have a mystery and poetic vibe that is powerful. you have to see them in person, the jpegs is not a worthy reference. lets post some more twombly. he was a pretty conservative guy IRL. you could even find some type of roots, tracing him back to OG-NPC. the primordial nobody.

Looks like period blood to me. Modern art is not connected to the PC movement. Shit art is shit art.

This bullshit is one of the most telling CIA OPs ever.
What to do when American art and architecture isn’t near as good as Europe’s? Can’t have a leadership position when you can’t bring skill to the game, so, change the game. Now no skill or artistry is required and trash is considered art because great leader says trash is art.
Devalue skill in the name of equality. Exactly like they did to music and acedemia. Everyone can be equally skilled when endeavors require no skill and the lowest form of effort is rewarded with the praise of (((experts))).
Buy what you want, love what you want. No one with any sense pays a premium for something they can create with no skill, effort or barriers to entry (cost, license, etc.)

Attached: 347057-oeuvres-artiste-americain-cy-twombly.jpg (640x427, 50K)

Attached: Lot-15-Twombly-front.jpg (3657x2972, 1.62M)

>it's a money laundering scheme that happens to fit well in a post-meaning world
This is the new meme but I haven't heard much in the way of definitive evidence for it. I think a lot of teens and 20-somethings parrot this shit without knowing anything about actual money laundering.

>There is no abstract right-wing art, at least which I know of, because right-wingers do not see art as a means of self-expression
Somehow I think *literally* shitting pigment onto a canvas isn't what I'd consider valid self-expression, standards are necessary, even in abstract art

Modern art is money laundering

>That's A Nice Brapper, ca. 1887

you guys are like anchovies from spongebob
thanks for your insight, faggot

Attached: 56c.jpg (680x702, 41K)

this one's pretty neat

Valueless Jewish smut

kek

Wealthy people get friendly appraisers to give certain works a much higher assessment (yes, appraisers have this power), so that when the wealthy person buys the painting and donates it to a museum or a public entity, he can claim it as a tax write-off for contributing to the arts. So instead of getting a tax refund on the $10k the painting is actually worth, he gets a tax refund on $5.2 million that the painting was appraised at by friendly appraiser, and which becomes a $5.2 million donation to the arts.

user is correct and you are retarded

that's fundamentally not what money laundering is, that's just a tax fraud scheme at absolute worst, and a sensible legal tax avoidance strategy at best, moreover having an appraiser appraise something for the incorrect value is itself a challenge I'm willing to bet as you have to find someone on the other end to actually make the purchase, and if you're going to go so far as to defraud even that then you may as well do some actual money laundering

but again avoiding tax in this manner is not money laundering and isn't necessarily even illegal

>let's all mindlessly repeat the same one-liner to get our little squirt of dopamine because we love correcting and educating other people

I am not an art-student or even that much of an art-enthusiast so I won't pretend to be an expert on any of this, but the way I get it from what I've heard, you have to see art like an uncharted country and artists as explorers who go out and bring back artefacts and snap-shots of what they find.
All the scatological art which is currently making the rounds is akin to explorers who have found Mordor and you wonder why the hell they keep going there, all they bring back is crude arms and armour, half-rotten orc corpses and morbid tales of depravity and corruption, why don't they go explore something pleasant like The Shire or Lothlorien instead?

One day Mordor will be explored in its entirety and hindsight will be 20/20 whether all the exploration was worth the effort. Similarly that time where it was extremely edgy to incorporate piss, shit and period-blood in everything will be a novelty you might read up on. The edgy artists will need to find new ways of being edgy if they don't want to seem like try-hards planting their flag and staking their claims on territory which has long since been explored and documented.

Attached: Fountain, Duchamp (1917).jpg (400x393, 14K)

>do you think modern art is promothing PC movement ?
>PC
No, but CP

Attached: merlin_144601533_5032ae13-69ff-4d22-bfac-5f1884b152ed-superJumbo.jpg (2048x1365, 503K)

Jews hate everything that is beautiful.

Wonder why modern art and architecture is so bad?

modern art was literally a CIA conspiracy to devalue the richer cultural history of Russia during the Cold War

newyorker.com/magazine/2005/10/17/unpopular-front

I'm glad we won the cold war but it's time to put down our outdated weapons, such as modern art and respect for islam

Not so much but it's full of fucking SJWs now thanks to the fact they cant do anything else constructive with their lives. Except paint pictures with menstrual blood.

Attached: 635779385073765807-bloody-trump-real-color.jpg (534x712, 75K)

a couple years ago half of the galleries in NY were filled with this one kind of painting: white background with a grid of equal size/different color circles.
It's the kind of thing that can be easily pumped out by a small staff.
Clearly this was some sort of scheme by a bunch of galleries to artificially increase the popularity of this one kind of painting and rake in profits.
artists name was damien hirst

Attached: Damien Hirst spot - Qwant Search 10_20_2018 12_46_11 PM (2).png (1782x934, 2.16M)

Abstract art is what you get when commies get away with memeing for too long.

I’d kill for the opportunity to sell my memes at an auction for upwards of 60mil.

I'm not commenting on the legality of the tax angle, but do you not see how having something valued much higher than you actually paid for it is useful for laundering money? That is the essential part of it. If you reported earnings of $10M in a year and can use an art sale to account for $5M, you now have less assets/spending to account for. The person on the other end can have the tax benefit and then sell the painting to their next buddy five years later.

>but do you not see how having something valued much higher than you actually paid for it is useful for laundering money
yeah but again to do this you need to find a buyer who is in on the scheme so new money isn't required to enter the system, so you'd presumably need at least a complicit buyer

I wonder why they allow these anonymous transactions when KYCAML is so prevalent everywhere else, including in Bullion sales

I like the work of Wilhelm Sasnal. His pictures are interesting to me for the technique (I’m a painter). Unfortunately in his private life he’s a stereotypical PC faggot and literal cuck but if I can rip off something I like I really don’t give a shit. Modern art magazines used to be interesting to look at, but I don’t know if it’s me being redpilled or them going full speed ahead on the faggotry and muh slavery but I can’t be bothered anymore. Black artists are shit-hot right now and their work suuuuuuucks. So bad. There’s no finesse, just identity politics. Hope that helps!

Attached: 604F8B1D-49F1-417E-BF83-E5DBC7388D2B.jpg (192x262, 24K)

See it as experimentation in the possibilities of creativity.

I presume there is not much future in shitting paint onto canvas, but for the time being we've got at least one guy trying it out and then it's up to other artists to decide whether there's something to his work which inspires them to try shitting paint themselves or whether (far more likely) he goes down in art-history as that one freak who tried it out and now no one else need bother trying it ever again.

>We need standards

This is the ballet "The Rite of Spring by Stravinski"
youtube.com/watch?v=jF1OQkHybEQ&t=7s

On its premierre in Paris it caused a riot (people shouting and heckling in outrage) because after the prelude, which was jarring and Avant Garde at the time, the curtain opened on a scene of dancers jumping up and down in frumpy costumes in stark contrast to the skin-tight clothing and elegant dancing ballet was otherwise supposed to have, people thought Stravinski was taking the piss. Nowadays it's considered one of the great Ballets not to mention excellent music, imagine if back in the day it could not have been created because of rules and regulations concerning what Ballet was allowed to be.

Similarly, this scene from Fistfull of Dollars violated US convention concerning onscreen violence.
youtube.com/watch?v=KZ_7br_3y54

If someone got shot, it had to be shown in two juxtaposed shots; one of the gun being fired and one of the person being hit, here both the gun and the four men being shot are shown in one single take.
This movie and its two sequels revolutionised the western as a genre, it had to be shot in Italy because it was too grimey for the USA, the original US release even needed a prologue to justify and contextualise all the violence so it would not be seen as an obscene exploitation-flick.

>I presume there is not much future in shitting paint onto canvas, but for the time being we've got at least one guy trying it out and then it's up to other artists to decide whether there's something to his work which inspires them to try shitting paint themselves or whether (far more likely) he goes down in art-history as that one freak who tried it out and now no one else need bother trying it ever again.
this is an extremely common theme now, shitting, vomiting, and otherwise expelling from the body pigments mixed with bodily fluid is a huge trend

see

The first purchaser of the art work can launder the money, the second guy gets the tax benefit by donating the painting. One way or another, there is $9.9 million dollars "created" and only artificially accounted for, not to mention the taxes saved on actual revenue.

post more

That's a beautiful painting, the way the chaos of blood originates against the background of life really gave me a new insight on reality. Brilliant.
Here is a painting I made I'm hoping to sell for a few millions but only if you are not a NPC and can grasp its true meaning.

Attached: 2deep4pol.jpg (1594x890, 241K)

>The first purchaser of the art work can launder the money, the second guy gets the tax benefit by donating the painting. One way or another, there is $9.9 million dollars "created" and only artificially accounted for, not to mention the taxes saved on actual revenue.
This makes no sense, party B would not buy something just to donate it and write it off on taxes, this accomplishes nothing unless your goal is to benefit party A, this is my point

I think we're going in circles

Damien Hirst, the coked-up, cow-cutter-upper.

I might be misunderstanding you.

Millionaire A buys a shitty painting for $10k. He asks his appraiser buddy to appraise it at $5M. Millionaire B is friends with Millionaire A. Millionaire B agrees to buy the painting for the appraised value of $5M. He spends $5M. Later in the year, he donates the now $5M painting to a NPO museum or something and claims it as a tax write-off, meaning he isn't taxed on $5M worth of his income. At a 10-15% tax rate, this could be hundreds of thousands in tax savings. In reality, they actually only exchanged $10k but on paper, $5M was exchanged. Millionaire A can now spend $5M of illegally obtained revenue (say, from kickbacks, foreign sources, or drug dealing) without raising eyebrows because the gov't thinks the income came from selling the painting. Millionaire B get's to claim a $5M arts contribution even though he only spent $10k. Millionaire B pays $750k less in taxes.

...and maybe down the line, the NPO gallery is friends with the artist and may draw legitimately wealthy people (who are also naive) into buying his other artwork for inflated prices.

scratch "he spends $5M" in second paragraph. He only spends this on paper.

Some problems with this
- that $5M needs to be accounted for which means it has to have gone through a KYCAML compliant institution, so the magic $10k -> $5M step is where the glow niggers will get you or is entirely imaginary in this scenario

The income has to be derived from something in the first place for it to be laundered, they'd immediately do a line item audit for Millionaire B and see that lo and behold $5M never left his accounts, the discrepancy is too large, which is why I said what I said above about collusion and new money entering the system. This is why structuring and integration are part of the Hollywood-tier money laundering meme

The only way around this I see is if you can just use a cash payment and remain completely user, but the only advantage over literally any other mechanism is the anonymity, and I doubt very seriously that you can remain completely anonymous and still comply with KYCAML as that's a massive and obvious oversight (see also: bullion, and literally everything else)

Ah, yeap:
>Form 8300 is similar to the CTR and is used for trade or businesses such as car dealers, insurance firms, art dealers and boat dealers. These companies, if they receive more than $10,000 in cash in one transaction or in two or more related transactions in 24 hours, must file Form 8300. Interestingly, with the Form 8300, regulators use a rolling 24-hour period, instead of one business day — the standard for CTRs.

So that's out, no different than bullion sales

Thanks for linking me to my own comment lest I forget it, I'll link you to this one

Like I said, would you tolerate this art and more like it just because skill, time and 100% non-scatological material went into making it, or is the subject-matter problematic to the point that on top being barred from certain materials and "techniques", we should also put limits on the sort of things arists are allowed to say because me find them obscene or morbid.

Attached: Damien Hirst - Verity at Ilfracombe, Devon.jpg (563x950, 54K)

>Thanks for linking me to my own comment lest I forget it, I'll link you to this one
it was unintentional but I linked to two comments and I'd expect you to have addressed the other one, you clever user you

>stupid overpriced painting of shit smears goes for 50 million
>NO WAY THIS COULD BE MONEY LAUNDERING. NO WAY

>if i post something in all caps i automatically win
>let me also just put words in the other guy's mouth because fuck actual discussion
you are a jackass

Why on earth are you replicating other peoples work.

>There is no abstract right-wing art

Destroying the art and music scenes has been a 200+ year psyop. Its about taking something that can be plainly seen to be beautiful and inspiring and turning it into something clearly ugly and overly "intellectual". The notion being that if you don't understand this, you're a dumb person. The reality is that there's nothing to understand.

The composers of the 2nd Viennese school openly talked about destroy the concept of Western harmony. Guess their religion

I'd look at the beautiful one for hours, art is more than a puzzle

Obviously there are many rich people who are braindead narcisists and want to get expensive stuff for the sake of owning expensive stuff in order to derive meaning from life that way. Still, surely there is some sort of money laundering going on inflating the prices in the first place. Maybe the pantings are bought in other countries where the control is more lax and then brought over to the US or something?

>Obviously there are many rich people who are braindead narcisists and want to get expensive stuff for the sake of owning expensive stuff in order to derive meaning from life that way. Still, surely there is some sort of money laundering going on inflating the prices in the first place. Maybe the pantings are bought in other countries where the control is more lax and then brought over to the US or something?
Listen, I'm not saying it's not suspicious or whatever else, but that frankly is not an argument (t. molyneux). People here like to 'educate' others so they end up repeating memes that go against the status quo but may or may not be true. In the end, the money MUST pass through a KYCAML institution, and all of these teenagers talking about art automatically == money laundering is just silly, because virtually none of them have any concept of KYCAML laws or any of the processes involved.

As far as I can tell, using art for this purpose is absolutely not different than owning a small business or anything else, the only exception being anonymity and using shell companies to wire large amounts or something like that, but that can also be done for bullion transactions or literally anything else, so the bottom line is that I want these people to explain how it's different, but so far they can't

>Maybe the pantings are bought in other countries where the control is more lax and then brought over to the US or something?
doesn't work that way, the glow niggers enforce KYC AML worldwide, I can think of all sorts of theoretical situations where this would work but in the end it's no different than any other off-shore banking scheme and doesn't require art whatsoever

If you are a millionaire and already own the 5 million legally you can do me a solid and buy my shit painting for 5 million so now I have 5 legal millions, meanwhile I give you 6 million in cash for your service behind the scenes. I don't see how you addressed this, I don't know exactly how the laws work but it's probably just as simple as this.

>If you are a millionaire and already own the 5 million legally you can do me a solid and buy my shit painting for 5 million so now I have 5 legal millions, meanwhile I give you 6 million in cash for your service behind the scenes. I don't see how you addressed this, I don't know exactly how the laws work but it's probably just as simple as this.
now the millionaire has 6 million in illicit funds which he will have to launder

I guess he can just buy art and pass the buck on to the next guy who will then have to do the same thing, right? Because money laundering is all about creating a giant unsustainable pyramid scheme of illicit funds rather than the inverse?

The drug dealer got his money laundered fast, meanwhile the millionaire can either use the 6 million as pocket money to spend on frivolous bullshit or launder it slowly on small business under 10k$. I'm just speculating here but it's probably something like this. Someone who was actually in on these things wouldn't come here and let you know how it's done.

>The drug dealer got his money laundered fast, meanwhile the millionaire can either use the 6 million as pocket money to spend on frivolous bullshit or launder it slowly on small business under 10k$. I'm just speculating here but it's probably something like this. Someone who was actually in on these things wouldn't come here and let you know how it's done.
in that case you don't need art whatsoever and it can be literally anything

And again you are literally not achieving anything, the amount to be laundered fucking increases, what don't you understand Portugal?! God damn it

Money Laundering.

Hundreds of pictures like that Twombley get passed around - through places like Sotheby's and Christies. Turning over $100s of Millions.
Auction houses and intermediaries washing the cash like casinos.
London is the money laundering centre of the world - incl many hush hush islands &c.
That;s part of what Brexit is about.

what a masterpiece of period blood

So to recap your example
- there has been a net LOSS in terms of money laundered (kek)
- the philanthropist criminal-enabling benevolent millionaire now has to launder 6 mil and will probably pay at least 25% to do so, leaving him with $500k less than what he started with in the best case scenario
- now he's left to basically launder the money in a standard way, regardless of art

basically you have accomplished nothing, you're coming up with ad hoc scenario to try to fit your theory rather than looking at the reality and concluding your hypothesis is nonsensical

>it can be literally anything
Yea and in this case it can be art
>you are literally not achieving anything, the amount to be laundered fucking increases
No because you don't need to launder the money you spend on frivolous shit

He doesn't have to launder shit, why are you getting all emotional instead of reading the proposition properly?

>No because you don't need to launder the money you spend on frivolous shit
that money is limited to small grocery purchases and things under a few thousand dollars, nothing more. No millionaire out there will take a 20% premium to turn the entire sum including the principal into untaxed income, this is just fucking delusional poorfag imagination running wild

>cooly explain for all to see exactly what the problem is
>y-youre getting emotional!
you're an idiot

in fact people pay more than 20% just to launder money, literally more than their nominal tax rate, which is in excess of 30% in most first world countries, PLUS the premium for laundering

But nope, some teenager / 20-something on Jow Forums has it all figured out heh

not as interesting as it should be - bit of a cover up going on - but it makes the basic point

Attached: 41R3AKTV5CL._SX304_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (306x474, 21K)

>bit of a cover up going on
elaborate? sounds like an interesting book

mileswmathis.com/launder.pdf

Attached: Gardens_of_the_villa_ephrussi_rothschild_024.jpg (800x1067, 113K)

Of course. You cannot say their art is shit.

There is no clearer example of Jewish influence and degeneration of white cultures than (((modern art))).
Pic related is actual feminist art done with period blood. Case closed.

Attached: file-20170730-15340-zepu50.jpg (1000x1468, 136K)

>20% premium
Make it 100% free blow and hookers from the dealer, maybe young kids in pedo rings, who the fuck knows. The 5 Million is pocket money for the millionaire, he will spend it on 5000$ dinners and in return do a solid for his mcriminal buddy in order to get access to his pizza shop.
>You're saying nonsense!!!
>Why don't you understand me, reeee
>I am totally not getting emotional you idiot!!!
Yea should just let the thread die instead of replying to an obvious brainlet who was replying to himself but I thought you were interested in uncovering the truth instead you are interested in being right, so this is my last (You) enjoy it

Attached: expensive foods.jpg (695x786, 154K)

Only post modernism is degenerate

>Make it 100% free blow and hookers from the dealer, maybe young kids in pedo rings, who the fuck knows. The 5 Million is pocket money for the millionaire, he will spend it on 5000$ dinners and in return do a solid for his mcriminal buddy in order to get access to his pizza shop.
you just sound like a teenager here
>Yea should just let the thread die instead of replying to an obvious brainlet who was replying to himself but I thought you were interested in uncovering the truth instead you are interested in being right, so this is my last (You) enjoy it
the post to which you responded was almost entirely unemotional by any standard, and you are an idiot
>let's just add a bunch of exclamation points, that'll surely convince people
>hookers and blow man, it's just like the movies!

and I should note that your ad hoc logic can be used to claim that virtually any private sale amounting to what you consider to be a large amount automatically implies a vector for money laundering
>if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear goyim
I guess a bunch of neckbeards are using rare Pokemon cards to launder money, too

I like this pic

Attached: 778FD2D4-4C66-43AF-A92A-D6B63F59E1C3.png (750x1334, 790K)

Read it years ago so you'll get better details from Amazon reviews but story is familiar to most anons - jewish immigrants to America getting to work inventing 'culture'. Focuses too much on one particular journal 'Encounter' which I guess was calling the shots on Abstract Expressionism for everyone else to follow - Gang pulling the strings like Irving Kristol, Isiah Berlin &c (??) I assume Saunders is a jew.

I guess it ties in with the CIA/jewish promotion of 'drug exploration' which Logos Media have been uncovering
youtube.com/watch?v=IkJblT7uQVE

...did you screenshot an image you already had saved to your phone?

Yeah, it’s a huge pic and drink

at least use the cropping feature you heathen

I only realised the error of my ways when it was too late

This. These guys think everything that doesn't resemble Vermeer or Boticelli is degenerate jewish art

Can you illustrate this point with examples?