What personal experience made you realize that the npc meme is literally real?

Attached: Download.png (225x225, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dramaturgy_(sociology)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When I realized that I can coax almost anything out of people no matter what they say at first.

i have a mom.

I don’t have homosexual tendencies what are you talking about?

>literally
Found the npc

I've had more experience with npc's being trump supporters than haters desu

That's a terrible thing to say about your mom user

>homosexual tendencies
??
What I meant is that most people are blank slates masquerading as having personalities, when in reality they are just waiting for specific triggers, to "push their buttons" so to speak. Do that right and they'll do whatever you wish.

It’s really not, there’s nothing wrong with people who don’t have interior dialogue/picture their thoughts.

I have a masters in sociology.

Still not convinced it is real.
What you call NPC's are just gullible people. Some people are just more critical about the things they hear than others.

Dingbat co-worker who is essentially the personification of everything that gets parodied, lampooned and raked over the coals on Jow Forums - infantile views based on an imaginary world where everyone is happy and gets along and has what they need and doesn't ever indulge any basic elements of human nature that always mainfest at the expense of others because they of course have no desire to do so and nobody ever feels bad and everyone's equal ad nauseum.

The fact that I have not once in like four years ever heard even some million-to-one outlier comment that betrays any inner dialog or independent thought or ever hear something that I could not readily find verbatim in Huffpost and similar dogshit sources is just astonishing. You'd think that just by pure luck I'd hear something that might give me pause to believe that something is actually living in there. Never. Not even once.

Attached: 1539994055221.jpg (368x475, 51K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dramaturgy_(sociology)

family did it to me as well

I called them sheep before I called them NPCs.

That this terrible meme got picked up by half of Jow Forums hilariously unaware of the irony

I live in California...

When I realized I was an NPC at some point, because I achieved internal monologue only after starting talking to myself out of boredom (as a kid). Right after realizing that I tried to re-enable the NPC mode and it worked. There are even benefits to it, because it eliminates the autism factor and is good for being more focused. Deep thoughts, however, are impossible.
Maybe that's why the social butterfly types, NPC's and leftists overlap heavily. They don't have an internal monologue, are addicted to constant instant social gratification through communication (which is the only time the NPC even uses its mental abilities & constructs sentences), which opens them to political manipulation

Its thier learning program trying to counter us, dont give it any information!!

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

>They measured the willingness of study participants, men from a diverse range of occupations with varying levels of education, to obey an authority figure who instructed them to perform acts conflicting with their personal conscience. Participants were led to believe that they were assisting an unrelated experiment, in which they had to administer electric shocks to a "learner." These fake electric shocks gradually increased to levels that would have been fatal had they been real.[2]

>The experiment found, unexpectedly, that a very high proportion of men would fully obey the instructions, albeit reluctantly.

Living in California

Talking about art with a lesbian. When i pointed out one color canvases do not fit my widest definition of art...was screamed at that i was a white male priveleged racist bigot, she stormed out and people who heard her hysterical ranting at me gave the impression that i was at fault and likely a jerk.

Did they crosscheck with roasties?

Likewise, user.

I met like 100-150 of these people growing up in my high school graduating class. They don't have a soul. It was strange to me then, and it's strange to me now.

>Yeah Stacey I like totally showed that incel!

>Be me
>Work in a bar at working men's club
>Low IQ trades types
>Everyone stands at the bad despite adequate seating
>Sometimes people have conversations
>Other times they watch sports ball
>When neither of those two is happening punters just stare off into space waiting for stimulus

It's like they go into sleep mode waiting for someone to press enter.

The fact that suburbs exist.

No real person would ever choose to live like that,

Attached: npcfactory.jpg (770x400, 81K)

Getting banned on Jow Forums for using them By the way, I wasn't spamming, I used original work by my own hands

Attached: Screenshot_20181020-121625.png (1080x1920, 329K)

you're an NPC user. just because you subscribe to Jow Forums memes instead of fb memes doesn't make you not an NPC

just reading anything a "progressive" writes is pretty eye-opening.
This is literally how I found /pol. Spotted a tweet by some fat bitch screeching about Jow Forums.

sure buddy
if you had JUST enough money and really wanted a house you would've bought it
and its better than commieblocks at least

dealing with stupid fucking normies and their stupid fucking opinions as I clock 50 hrs/week to keep their stupid sheltered life bubbles afloat amidst a stupid growing shitstorm of global proportions

You need an internal DIALOGUE to not be an NPC, not a monologue. And don't you even pretend that having one makes you more focused, it is the opposite.

Definately...It's like they are in stasis or hibernating waiting for a rush of validation or outrage.

I've known about this idea since pre 2010 when people I played world of warcraft with were talking about the NPC connection to real world people

it really isn't something new

The amount of drivers who have been going over blind corners and hills on the wrong side of the road and nearly hitting me head on for one is one example of people who must be running on some sort of faulty autopilot.

I was talking with a person about philosophy and they said that whenever they were reading a certain philosopher or book they would wholeheartedly agree with the philosophy presented but when they moved on to another book they would again wholeheartedly agree with it despite any contradictions that arise. Without a reference to fall back on he could not make up his mind on any matter. Because of this he gave up the pursuit of reading philosophy.

It was here where I came to conclude that NPCs exist. For them reading is no different than receiving commands. There is no buffer between the text and their brains. They can't reason through an argument and after considering both sides determine which is better. I was completely dumbfounded by this realization.

Attached: HowToReadABook.jpg (256x375, 59K)

When I realized that their are some people who go insane when left alone with their thoughts or when people go crazy when they are asked to focus and put effort into a task.

Ive been encountering NPCs since before it was a meme
>tips fedora

By taking a high dose of SSRIs and experiencing crippling dissociation. Those drugs basically turn you into an NPC. Imagine doing everything automatically without thinking. The dissociation comes into play when your mind is fighting it, and I typically experienced it as having conversations with people and having the strange realization that I was saying things without consciously choosing what to say.

>its better than commieblocks

It's the exact same thing: anonymous storage for NPC's where they act out their meaningless lives.

When I realized i could never discuss holocaust denial on a purely disinterested, intellectual level with any of my friends because they would consider it immoral to look at evidence. They would actually associate the shunning of information with positive self worth.

>yfw you realize The Oscars are literally an NPC award banquet

Attached: oscars_2793223b.jpg (620x387, 69K)

When I noticed half of my friends only responded to triggers. There was never something in between. They responded either positively or negatively. Their triggers wouldn't be complicated either.
>Like or comment on their social media. Good or bad, they will think of you. Don't expect to get blocked until you start making complete sense.
>Appeal to their beliefs and views. Seem to believe in their lies. They will unnaturally start to see themselves in you. They will believe you will agree to anything they say.
>Neutrality can be a trigger. Radicals consider it indecisiveness, an unwillingness to join their cause.
>Rationality can be a trigger. You've heard it called mansplaining, whitesplaining, alt-right ideology. What makes NPCs so bad is that they will believe anything as long as it suits their personal narrative. Doesn't matter if it's wrong.
>Gifts. You can get a person one gift and they will like you for a very long time. Regardless of gender, they will try to appeal to you in an attempt to get more gifts.

Yep.

I once read a story about a fire that took place during a wedding. The bride and the groom escaped along with some guests but they realized that a large part of the group was missing. The bride decided to come back into the burning building to look for the missing guests and she opened the door of the reception room, where she found dozens of guests just standing there, silent, staring at her blankly. These people were stuck because of their lack of agency, they simply copied the behavior of the people next to them and waited. They would have waited until they burned alive.
She told them to follow her and they did.

Pic related, opening the door to that room with the smell of smoke in the air.

Attached: file.png (989x681, 313K)

many over the years. As a young person, I thought my parents and their generation were mindless NPCs and I also thought this about most people who never questioned 9/11 or anything. I remember in 2004 or 2005 watching a 9/11 conspiracy documentary and telling my parents about it and they thought I was fucking nuts. Obviously they were NPCs as were some of my friends. Ironically my best friend is nearly an NPC, doesn't care about anything besides working drinking and watching tv. But he's cool

The liberal NPC I first encountered in college. I was very liberal as well and thought that being a feminist would get me pussy. I remember in some feminist class someone was talking about how saying words like "Bitch" were wrong because they were gendered negative words that only applied to women. I generally agreed, but then offered the caveat, what if I am wronged by a woman? Why shouldn't I use such words? For example, if my girlfriend cheats on me, why shouldn't I call her a bitch or a cunt? It seems only natural, and I want to inflict as much pain as possible with my words. To me it was justified in those circumstances, but they insisted it was still wrong to do that and you should use gender neutral words like asshole instead. Made no sense to me.

Later when talking about race I even agreed with most of the anti-racist thought. I get it, black people do have it hard in the USA. But what about homicide rates? Black people kill people at a higher rate that's not explained away by poverty. Poor whites and Poor Hispanics just don't kill at nearly the rate of blacks. Why is this? My explanation is that it is this kind of violence which produces most racism. If black people simply didn't kill so much, there wouldn't be nearly as much racism against them. This was always met with a blank stare, never a legitimate acknowledgement, and then they changed the subject really quick. That's when I knew in my anti-racism work I wasn't dealing with free thinking people.

Attached: 1514324211563.png (750x1334, 1.07M)

Seeing almost everyone posting the NPC meme.

Just asked someone yesterday if they had inner speech. They said no. I didnt know anyone didn't other than literal retards until the meme

why are their teeth so white

The fact that instead of peolpe using this meme as means to learn their lesson on how deluded they can be into believing information are instead trying to censor it

>Black people kill people at a higher rate that's not explained away by poverty. Poor whites and Poor Hispanics just don't kill at nearly the rate of blacks. Why is this?
NPCs don't question this because they stay away from any activity or thought process that might lead them astray from the group, or worse, towards ideas that are unacceptable. They are very good at this, I experienced this with a coworker when I questioned a long standing practice. He kept trying to deflect from the point I was making, bringing up other subjects and joking about what I was saying, after a while he was literally just saying "it's just my opinion that we should do it this way, it's my intuition"
Eventually though I changed his mind, but the amount of effort it took was insane

Elaborate. Based on my experience, I've concluded that internal dialogue is impossible because why would you share your ideas with yourself through speech when you already have them arrived there? If I knew an answer to each question I would want to ask in real life, I would simply stop asking anything at all. Internal dialogue as useful as sending an email from your main pc account to laptop, opening, reading it from there, and then replying. Or playing chess against yourself. It is so broken on many levels. Whom of me should win? Me or me? Each of me wants to win, if he doesn't he's a weirdo, but the the thing is - these two players share one thought pool, so they have the same knowledge of movements and advantage over eachother and it is only a matter of a conscious decision on how many move iterations should be countered, which comes down to you having to pick who wins in the end. That shit's boring and broken. Unless you're speaking of visualizing 2 characters having a dialogue, which can have use, but is autistic.

9th grade biology. We learn about darwin and dna and all that. Teacher says we share 99% of dna with chimps. Kid raises his hand and asks "is the other 1% all that hair?" Something about that innocent question triggered something in me which shook me to my core, and haunts me to this day. There is something fundamentally different between me and that kid, and others like him. I can't imagine asking such an insanely stupid question.

Attached: Screaming-chimp.jpg (371x440, 23K)

nope
in commieblock you can't change shit, only move furniture around. In this hell you posted you can at least build a fence, remove walls, you have a basement and an attic, etc, this leaves much more space for personal choices.

Attached: 1274113289001.jpg (300x300, 35K)

My whole class went full "orange man bad"

they brush them cletus

going on the_donald for 5 minutes

in 9th grade you're supposed to still be a dumb human larvae with no personality beyond alpha/beta/omega

My experience is basically having to work with proles. I get to straddle two worlds at work: I go "upstairs" and work with educated engineers, all men, who are old school STEM Lords.
Then I have to go "downstairs" to a shop floor full of young and old white failures, roasties who won't retire and are useless, and goblinas.
The engineer STEM Lords all have guns and are based and I catch them checking Drudge occasionally. The proles downstairs listen to the most retarded pop music you could ever imagine and they never talk about anything worthwhile beyond some sports score, or who they are mad at, or some movie they saw. They all have the same problems too: nothing is their fault, they never have enough money, but their credits cards are full up and they drive new or newish cars with big payments. The fat white hamplanets and goblinas have expensive tattos on their legs, the dudes have their tats too, acting like it all matters or it makes them non-conformist or something.
All of this is why I have finally realized 2 things:
1) universal suffrage/democracy is a bad idea
2) not everybody should reproduce either.

Back when I was 6 years old, in Sunday school with other kids, they were teaching us the story of Noah's ark and how god flooded the earth because the world had become infested with sin and corruption.
I remember asking the lady: "Why did god have to kill all the people by drowning them? Why not just kill the bad ones with lightning?"
Everyone in the room just froze. Completely stopped functioning.
I can't remember how long that lasted but I remember I started crying and when my parents came to find me they told me off.
I also remember my mother spending the entire evening on the phone with some doctor but I can't remember what she said.

When I went to a shitty concert, looked around, and saw that people were still bobbing their heads

r/texaspolitics.

I just now posted an attempt to shake them up a bit, taking dead aim at their obvious biases.

It isn't going to work, and the truth of the NPC meme is precisely why it isn't going to work.

I used to think about the concept of a philosophical zombie when I was an edgy teen, but I wrote it off as pseudo intellectualism when I grew out of that phase. I didn't revisit the idea again until I saw how viscerally scared and angry the meme made certain kinds of people.

Also, all NPCS have iPhones and Android phones.

>BlackBerry Master Race

Posted using Jow Forums for BlackBerry

As a small kid I moved around a bit and noticed my perceived social status affected how other kids reacted. If I'm perceived as popular my bad jokes kill, if I'm not they fall flat. Everyone liked music based on group identity instead of the music. People aren't NPCs, they are monkeys. You can see all the same things happening in chimp documentaries.

You live in Catalonia?

Work colleague's Twitter. Endless retweets from the MSM, blue checkmarks, and the company's account (he was just a regular employee BTW). The few "original" tweets of his were just him replying with "I agree", "Sounds good", etc.

I live in Jew York City... sooooooo....

Attached: download.jpg (693x448, 73K)

Does anyone other than his mum like his tweets?

Until the goons from the HOA knock on your door and tell you to remove the fence or whatever other personal touches you may have added to the exterior of your property because it does not conform to the collective

Jewish elite is not NPC

going to college at a small liberal arts college
it was a horrifying experience to say the least

speaking to any obama supporter

No but their Goyim living here are.

A feeling then being kekked and chekked. Praise !!

Attached: 1540043601398.gif (660x780, 201K)

OBAMA DOESN'T TAKE MONEY FROM WALLSTREET! THAT IS REPUBLICANS!

My coworkers and I were driving somewhere for lunch and we passed a billboard for Fallon. The driver immediately scoffed and said, "I can't even look at him anymore for what he did with Trump," and everyone else in the car murmured in agreement. I then asked him why that was the case considering Saturday Night Live literally gave him 90 minutes of airtime in which he danced to a Drake Song yet they all love and regularly discuss SNL, and everyone just got quiet and started being less nice to me after that lunch.

When I saw your thread.

Oh and the automatic chimping out and mod thread saging see last posts

Attached: 1540058855010.gif (400x300, 885K)

Another New Yorker here. It's pretty much the epicenter of evil on this planet. This place, as well as San Francisco desperately needs to get nuked, Sodom and Gamorrah style.

Where is that website that disagnoses whether you're PC or NPC

Sometimes a few randomers from the 2,000 accounts he follows.

during Obama admin. When I had to hear co-workers and family members repeat what they heard on fox news.

I have a habit of reading/watching both sides so I can get a clear picture of every flavor of bullshit, so to hear what I saw on tv get repeated to me in an argument used to make me rage.

now this meme.... I wonder how many of u who like to repeat this meme are NPC's as well.

>If I'm perceived as popular my bad jokes kill, if I'm not they fall flat.

That drives me fucking insane. Like, it feels like you're in the Twilight Zone when you're sitting in a group and everyone's telling funny stories, and your story is exactly like the one everyone else has been telling but no one laughs because they know you didn't like/support Hillary.

when i didn't fit in anywhere and chose to become obnoxiously contrarian instead. i'v been watching people walk, talk, and act like each other since self-awareness.

Church

Check. Stack. Praise.

Attached: 1369782749529.png (457x303, 186K)

lol, did you ask this at a Catholic school?

Any conversation involving consciousness, free will, metaphysics, etc with normies. They genuinely don't know what consciousness is. They believe their mind is just material neurons firing. They have no idea what I mean when I talk about subjective experience. They only seem to understand the world in terms of objective scientific facts they've been told. I never understood hiw this was possible, because conscious experience is the one thing we know for sure exists. Slowly I began to suspect that the reason they don't know what consciousness is, is because they aren't in fact conscious.

Attached: 1539216875093.jpg (1960x1440, 206K)

Fair point
Have you ever been in contact with the Sanhedrin?

Attached: 1539766550106_0.jpg (502x377, 50K)

when I took on a TA position at a community college. The professor was huge into seminar type discussion, and i'd get at best 3 people who had not only read it but could formulate an opinion and back it up

People dedicate different amount to different thought processes and in general have unequal informational resources. I know quite a few things about DNA, and let me tell you - the absolute majority of it is pointless, about 80%. Those are the introns, which used to code proteins/viruses/etc. They are always removed during mRNA processing before its actual usage, Eukaryotic genome is littered in them. Perhaps they're the reason to the 99% similarity. If not, I blame cellular structure and animals in general. Cells are insanely complex independent units capable of life on their own. For each setting - there is a complex of proteins. So, coding a cell from zero requires a lot of information. Coding a multi-cellular creature requires far less because its properties are defined by the basic information defining the cell's components and properties. Banana supposedly has 50% of its DNA the same as humans, which is probably true considering its cells have near-identical structure to those of ours (except for vacuole, plastids, myosin/muscle fibers, cellular division proteins, etc.)
Basically, this is similar to how it's easier for hardware companies to slap on more cores instead of renovating each core to have more processing power.

Why on earth are you living in New York?
I'd be living in a nice Republican town in Colorado or Montana if I had the choice to move to the US

indeed, it is definitely not a kike psyop (btw I typed down exactly what my brain said in my head)
also
>1 post by this id
sorry that your own thread is not engaging enough for you Mr. Bratwurststein

My (White) brother shrieking at a Black coworker that he was a "fucking race traitor" because the coworker had a MAGA hat

Holy shit

yeah, i realised pretty early that i was only "made" because my mom didn't want to be "the one that doesn't have kids"
its pretty black-pilled