Why aren't Millenials buying houses? Don't they know they could be rich by working with computers?

Why aren't Millenials buying houses? Don't they know they could be rich by working with computers?

Attached: 3921232.png (1026x817, 831K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H_ILu-R-Nz8
youtube.com/watch?v=k_m_th5ukZY
finn.no/realestate/homes/ad.html?finnkode=131409911
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vardø
businessinsider.com/a-day-in-the-life-of-hsbc-executive-melania-edwards-2018-10#after-dinner-they-walk-around-the-neighborhood-which-has-become-their-evening-ritual-16
estately.com/listings/info/961-channing-ave#
zillow.com/homedetails/961-Channing-Ave-Palo-Alto-CA-94301/19467956_zpid/?fullpage=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=H_ILu-R-Nz8

I bought my house for 162, and it's quite comfy

Buying a house is all about where you do it. Buying a house in a city is stupid and buying one in california is stupid, but buying one in a city located in california is maximum stupid.

>lol, just live where there are no jobs/entertainment

Will you fuck off teasing us bongs with all these cheap houses. Cunts.

Why are all the pics of the poolhouse? Where is the mansion?

Keep this going ,real estate threads are nice

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 2.47.52 PM.png (1027x823, 888K)

Leftists, bail out bankers, pick them up, dust them off, give them the go ahead to lend money like a faggot again because economee and numbers and shit. Open up the market to chinks with dirty money. Demand retarded levels of immigration.

Wah I can't afford a house we need a leftist government again boomers suck.

> Neocon jew-puppet boomers absent-mindedly drive prices up so that they can live comfortable lives for a few decades, leaving only a legacy of ash and poverty for their offspring, but, hey, why don'cha just get a good job and save up, sonny?

I fucking hate that the post war generation let themselves get swindled like this. At this rate, Cyberpunk 2077 is going to turn into a depiction of the future, not a fictional dystopia.

How about you offer some better jobs you fucking assholes.
>Post yfw they fell for the college meme.

Attached: us_millenial_income.png (730x480, 37K)

I wanna buy a house but the most i'm willing to pay is 100k for a 3 bed 2 bath.
Maybe 120k if it's in a really nice area.

>no jobs outside the city meme
Trades/small business/ remote working

>40 a night
>1200 a month
>14600 a year
for a bed

That Russian slut just reinvented slumlording

>Live 30 minutes outside midwestern city kind of in the sticks
>3 bedroom ranch, 1500 sq ft, 1 acre costs about 120k
>2 years go by
>Yuppy suburbanite childless gen-xers decide they want to larp as hicks
>Kayaks and bicycles and wool sweaters and fixer-uppers are totally country, right?
>Boomer parents never taught them financial responsibility
>They have no idea how the rural housing market works
>Pay double what houses are worth
>Local Boomers now listing their houses for ridiculous asking price
>Houses sit on market for a year with no price drop because boomers have no actual incentive to move
>Just wait until their generational offspring are dumb enough to buy the house from them
>Sell the house at a high cost
>House gets "flipped"
>Subway tile, white paint, cheap white particleboard trim, shitty bamboo floors everywhere
>Back on market
>3 bedroom, 1500 sq ft ranch on 1 acre now costs 225k
>Boomers start listing their unrennovated houses for this price
>Hurrrrr why won't millenials buu our houses?

We don't have enough money, asshole

New Hampshire is too expensive for houses and property taxes are high.

Bump

Boomers need to die off.

i'd kill for an unrenovated house desu

so damn sick of hideous tile, granite counters and beige-and-gray everything

Attached: 130415h.jpg (640x456, 63K)

Really the only way this pattern breaks is when they need to go into nursing homes and their kids dump off their houses

Believe me I hate numale rennovated houses as much as the next guy but if your house hasn't been updated since 1989 you can't charge new build prices for it

hm

Attached: germany.jpg (760x886, 91K)

This. Almost bought one but they wanted 30k more because neighbors renovated ones sold for that much. It would cost me 20k without labor (was gonna DIY) just to get it to match in quality, told em no, then some dumb immigrants bought it for their asking price. Oh well

lol i just figured out that the photo is just a marketing photo and not the actual house, fucking scammers

I mean it’s true my cousin is an IT fag has a 4/10 jap gf an apartment here in Chicago but is currently living in Boston because he job put him there for a couple years

Attached: 35665356635.jpg (752x899, 136K)

2 million dollars is way off the scale for a normal income.

Because a decade ago when the housing market crashed foreign investors and upper class Boomers bought up all the cheap starter homes and started converting them en masse into rentals and apartment complexes. I live in a city of 45K. As of today there are 53 homes listed as For Sale, and 191 houses listed as Rentals. As if it wasn't bad enough that homes are more expensive than ever before, our generation also has to deal with more competition for the handful of affordable homes out there.

Finding an affordable starter home is like striking gold - even if you manage to find it, you've got a thousand people ready to jump your claim.

Where's that? Lüneburger Heide, or some similarly desolate place?

Just being honest, nobody I grew up with that worked hard in high school, went to a decent college, & then studied engineering, computer science, pre-med or accounting is struggling. In fact, they're *all* fairly successful, married, nice cars, decent houses

The only people struggling are the lazy fucks who "had fun" in high school then drifted around to some shithole college and were still too lazy/immature to study something useful

youtube.com/watch?v=k_m_th5ukZY

Approximately USD 45.000
finn.no/realestate/homes/ad.html?finnkode=131409911

>entertainment

Attached: 8yvcqurvzun11.jpg (490x586, 16K)

>Thüringen
Nice enough if you like nature and peace and quiet, I suppose. Perhaps not so good if you want to have a job matching your 6 year university education.

But look where it's at. Do people even live up there?

>Needs cookie-cutter movie theatre to watch new fantastic beasts and numale live folk music at bar to be entertained

Break the algorithm user

yes, i came here because i wanted to be far away from big cities. and even the big cities are surrounded by massive forests

income at 18? stats should start at 25 to account for all working millenials.

Why would anyone buy a house in California?

2000 people live and work there, mostly clustered in the town itself. It's got a tunnel connecting it to the mainland, a ferry service, and an airport with daily arrivals and departures. Lives on fishery, seafood processing, tourism, and services connected to the big airforce/NATO radar installation.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vardø

>no jobs
FIRE
>entertainment
All you need is an internet connection you fucking normie.

>paying to live in a jail without bars

true, unfortunately the low-priced ones get bought up by flippers anyway

I don't think the bank would loan you the money if the seller was asking double the prospect value. They bank does an estimate and if it's not within the range of the asking price then the bank won't lend

I think it'd be cool to have as a summer home. Probably too cold in the winter.

Stop involving government to raise the cost of living
>inb4 muh minimum wage increase
Doesn’t work.

It's dreadful in summer too, it's windy as hell throughout he year, only maybe three good weeks of nice summer weather.

Is this unironically considered cheap in the west?

Attached: DmTBnKeX0AMCKb3.jpg (512x408, 39K)

>entertainment
>Hurr I need constant outside stimulation and novelty cause I'm a moron that can't understand hobbies

Realestate is really cheap in Germany. If you have a highpaying job, you live like a khang

>$1500 a month
What's the point? Surely you could rent a house with 1-2 other people for that amount, even in LA.

You have no privacy and there's always strangers coming and going there.

True, banks never do anything that isn't in the best interest of the borrower

I don't need all that space. Once I get out of California I'm buying a condo

In California, ya.

I currently live in northern California in the most piece of shit town you could imagine. The homes here are fucking dumps, but they still go for like $500k because the land is bought up by all the pot growers. Gas is $4.10/gal, eggs are $4/dozen, bread is $5/loaf. There is no good reason to live here, but people will still pay a premium because it's California. The problem is, part of the cost is because of how much the southern half of the state inflates everything. I always thought the whole state of Jefferson was a meme, but people here actually want it, and if I were to be a permanent resident, I would too.

if they lend you money to buy a house that's priced higher than market value, then they will come out at a loss if they have to foreclose your house and auction it off. They want to cover their own asses.

Cards on the table I may be wrong, but I think the bank inspections are more for show and approval is more based upon what the buyer can afford to pay. If the buyer can afford to pay the mortgage why would the bank care how big the house is? They only care about getting paid. Even if a buyer pays for 5 years and sells the house at a loss they would have to really fuck up to not be able to pay off that mortgage

You can, I'm apartment shopping in LA and a nice double is easy enough for 1500-1800(with washer dryer in unit) if you're willing to give up a few things it's easy to get into the low 1000-1300 range per person.

This is insanity. This is actual NPC housing

This... make sure you have cash ready for this.

Post your average house/apartment from your country and how much it costs

Pic related about 200k-300k per apartment depends the area

Attached: Residential in Athens.jpg (480x303, 139K)

>tfw when have 2 room mates and pay 1/3 of that for a cuckbed

Iowa has the second lowest unemployment in the nation, and gets tons of concerts as long as you live on I 80.

>You have no privacy and there's always strangers coming and going there.
I think that is the appeal for some people. However, in SF, a two/three bedroom house is like $5,000 a month

Munich is Silicon Valley tier

Melania Edwards, world's highest acheiving NPC, wouldn't even live there:

businessinsider.com/a-day-in-the-life-of-hsbc-executive-melania-edwards-2018-10#after-dinner-they-walk-around-the-neighborhood-which-has-become-their-evening-ritual-16

Fucking hideous. Your country is dead. Kill yourself.

It looked better before.

Then:
estately.com/listings/info/961-channing-ave#

Now:
zillow.com/homedetails/961-Channing-Ave-Palo-Alto-CA-94301/19467956_zpid/?fullpage=true

Attached: 6_81638997_0_1490129708.jpg (1000x667, 158K)

>because bunkbeds are for kids and pods are for adults

This is the most infantilised bullshit I have ever seen.

In most major cities, expect to pay 600k+ for a house in a white area. In Silicon Valley, expect to pay one million for a house.

Looks pretty nice really.

and our houses are not made of cardboard like yours german quality boi (complementary yaas)

This can actually be pretty neat. You get a discount if you pay for a month dropping the price to less than what you would pay for rent (in a big city hellhole). If you live in a big city hellhole this is a very good way to get a "community feeling" instead of paying tons of money to stay in a shit place where you dont know the name of the person next door. I dont need it but I can understand why some people would be attracted to it.

bump

Milennials, move the fuck away from California. Get away from the coast in general. I live in a somewhat comfy city, far from the coast. Bought a 4 bed house for me and my family for 200k. Make about 80k circle jerking with computers at a web developer meme job, no degree. Life is good.

agreed

where should all of pol move to bros?

SoCal

1 bathroom! can you imagine the amount of poop shit filth that has been pushed through that tiny space? guests over too? selling for over a million, wow? just to be honored to sit on the fumes of someone else's sell off? snifffffffffffffffffff smells like............gay area as fuck.

boomers bought them? lol. you mean investment bank jews bought them en masse. then you flood the nation with 50 million immigrants and pump demand

>cheap houses
2 million for 2 beds and 2 washrooms isn't cheap

>dark body and white trim
stop doing this

any houses with this aesthetic?

Attached: a7434d0faf1c7795c5072d9cb5890dc9.jpg (462x600, 69K)

>look up real estate in france
>can find houses to buy for under $50k
>one has a literal medieval tower
>mfw

Attached: pig.gif (320x220, 499K)

>kim heng

That's a decent price for a place in San Francisco.

I'd just move out of Commiefornia, though. But that's just me. And that attitude is also what's ruining Austin and the rest of the places where these locusts decide to infest after pricing themselves out of their native state.

In France you have to live with murdering raping niggers

>Spend almost $2MM
>Still have a garbage filled alley way directly adjacent
wew

there arent any outside of city suburbs
you have more murderous rapist niggers than us anyway

but then you need a moat and tower defenses to deal with the hordes of migrants ...that 50k turns to millions easily

What about central East Bay? I mean it's full of lower income earners so how do they afford to live?

Section 8 housing

isn't it cheaper to take a course on building a log cabin, buying a lot of land near a highway, building a cabin, and having a fuel efficient vehicle?

What do you pay in property taxes? My thing is going several hundred grand in debt just to swap one landlord for another that happens to be the Federal Government.

Well mate your job and your entertainment suck

California and many other states adopted the new international fire code which requires sprinkler systems in new homes. Law in these states requires these systems be installed only by licensed installers. You are looking at a minimum of $20,000 to put the most basic system in.

You too may be party to this kind of law Canada.

I thought it'd be cheaper in greece desu

i don't need something that roomy

Idaho