Amor Fati

Today, I want to discuss the philosophical concept of amor fati.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amor_fati

I've been thinking about the concept of amor fati for some time now and it's actually helped me though life. It's comforting to know that all the loss and sorrow in my life is ultimately necessary. As I learn more about this concept, I increasingly lose the need for emotional support. I'm becoming better at deriving emotional support from knowledge alone. This has given me great freedom and is gradually freeing me from loneliness, which is the price we usually pay for a self-directed and free lifestyle.

Civilization is just a temporary scar on the natural world which will not last much longer. By learning about nature, I have discovered that there is beauty in disappointment, and that the people who hate me are all mere mammals. Thus, I have gained the ability to see civilization as a warped version of nature, rather than being entirely separate from it. I believe that this is a necessary step towards achieving Amor Fati, as it allows us to look back at our in lives the way we would look at a wildlife documentary, and to see natural beauty in our own lives.

Here's what I've been wondering: Would it be possible to shove amor fati down the throats of SJWs? The purpose of amor fati is to free oneself from emotional issues, so that we can no longer be suckered in by feelz-based politics and instead focus entirely on our physical needs I.E. food, water and shelter. Would it be possible to spread this outlook far and wide in order to put an end to style-over-substance culture and style-over-substance politics?

Discuss

Attached: Nietzsche.jpg (1464x1986, 632K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-21/nietzsche-and-the-alt-right/10382460
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>It's comforting to know that all the loss and sorrow in my life is ultimately necessary
its not.

Suffering is just a neutral experience. You apply your own ideology and impose meaning onto this neutral experience.

Bascially you're inventing your own reality because the thought of a truly objective world where things are meaningless in regards to a big other are scary for you

a fucking leaf

It was your fate to live in Canada. Think about that.

Attached: 5FF6F705-BC18-4354-9E93-4178CCE77E91.jpg (1280x960, 90K)

>believing that civilization is a "scar on the natural world"
That's not amor fati at all, dude. Civilization was just as necessary as anything else.

Canada is a mere piece of land owned by a bureaucracy which I am only remotely connected to. I technically just follow the law for the sake of my personal safety but I have no emotional connection to this land or any other.

My ancestors came from Germany, Russia, and many other places. Further back, I can trace my ancestry to Africa, Pangaea, the Iapetus Ocean, and previous primordial seas.

Nationalism is a spook. It's nothing but pure feelz.

Meaninglessness is also an arbitrary conceptual imposition on the world but even more arbitrary than meaning because it doesn't serve your biology which your mind which makes these concepts emerges from.

It's possible to see beauty in your own existence (including your suffering and loss) without deluding yourself. Think about nature. There is suffering in nature, but there is beauty in that suffering. The key to seeing beauty in human life is to see civilization as an extention of nature and to realize that there really is no such thing as the "unnatural". People are mere animals. Our buildings are like beehives. Thus, we should look at humans with cold, distant fascination, just as we look at animals with a cold, distant fascination.

It was your fate to live in a country in which 40% of people can't afford their basic needs.

More like Amor Fatty, am I right?

It's possible to see civilization as a negative, while still seeing it as necessary. For example, it's possible to see the extinction of the dinosaurs as tragic, but still seeing that tragedy as a necessary step towards mammal evolution. The key is to step back, and be distant towards our own suffering, and to look back our own traumatic memories the way one would look at a tragic movie moment.

Anyways, civilization is ultimately doomed. Civilization is currently a wounded elephant surrounded by three predators called climate change, pandemic, and nuclear war. The tragic end of civilization will ultimately be necessary for the for the recovery of the ecosystem. Plus, it will fossilize us humans so that extra-terrestrial paleontologists can put our bones in museums, decode our lives, and turn us into a cultural phenomenon.

Is meaning really necessary in life? Does the cosmos owe us a meaning? In my opinion, the people who think that they are entitled to a meaning in life are similar to the incels who feel entitled to sex or the fat feminists who feel entitled to a sense of emotional security and body acceptance.

It's possible to accept that there is beauty in nature and also accept that there is beauty in civilization because civilization is built from natural substances, and the human brains which build and maintain it evolved out of nature as well.

Other languages are just "bar bar bar" to you eh?

In rough binary terms trusting that it is "good" or accepting it as beautiful etc like you promote is a kind of meaning as opposed to the meaninglessness proposed by the nihilist. All concepts are constructed and only useful as far as they help you reach your goals and fulfill your values. If the concept of meaning helps you navigate life that means it's a useful concept that relates to reality.

>In rough binary terms trusting that it is "good" or accepting it as beautiful etc like you promote is a kind of meaning as opposed to the meaninglessness proposed by the nihilist.

If living for beauty is a type of meaning, then it is certainly different from the type of "meaning" that most people talk about.

Most people seem to think that the meaning of life is either to praise God or to fight against white males. In other words, most people seem to think that freedom is something that you must purchase by selling your psychological and physical liberty.

>All concepts are constructed and only useful as far as they help you reach your goals and fulfill your values.

What about beautiful concepts that you can just meditate on?

>to praise God
To accept reality is to praise God as opposed to complaining about the existence of suffering and death. If you accept it as beautiful and good you are at least somewhat aligned with it. It's almost the entire point of all the Old Testament to accept everything as good which is another way of saying you should trust God.

>What about beautiful concepts that you can just meditate on?
Still serves your values but if all you do is meditate you're stuck in a hedonistic trap. If everyone gets stuck in a hedonistic trap all life ends and life is good.

Lmao nigga u gay writing essays up in this bitch fuck that shit I just get pussy

Your GDP is smaller than California’s, it’s cold all the fucking time up there, your favorite sport unironically is hockey, and quite frankly I’m glad we didn’t take your pos country in the War of 1812.

Attached: 0655C720-18EF-413A-AC10-445744658D9C.jpg (518x640, 56K)

One kek for u sir

Attached: E70735A4-EC33-4B31-BEC8-C6901183016D.png (443x480, 198K)

My meaning extends from the divine in the form of ephemeral principles and undeniable truths. You're a fucking sutra, a peasant. Your knowledge of such things is so engrossed in the material world that such spiritual representations and connections to divinity are beyond you. Your only access to such things is via obedience to the light-bearing priests and divine kings whom have the proper dharma to channel a higher order of spiritual connections through their actions and instrument by their decree the divine will so that you take part in its application.

>Suffering is just a neutral experience
That doesn't mean anything. Why did you write it? Are you trying to say relative?

>Bascially you're inventing your own reality because the thought of a truly objective world where things are meaningless in regards to a big other are scary for you
Bullshit psuedo-Intellectual faggot with a Jew flag.

Cats have Amor Fati and no reason to ponder your nihilism. You're just some sad narcissistic fatty.

Attached: buddah cat.jpg (625x469, 126K)

>dharma
>meta
no. It's a word that meant "Natural Law"

>To accept reality is to praise God as opposed to complaining about the existence of suffering and death.

False dichotomy. It's possible to neither praise God nor complain about suffering. Also, there are a lot of Christians who bitch about how they are victims of "discrimination", among other things.

>If you accept it as beautiful and good you are at least somewhat aligned with it.

How so?

The natural processes which build and maintain nature are beautiful. Nature does not become more beautiful when you insist that there is a creator who needs to be thanked and also demands internalized psychological submission.

>It's almost the entire point of all the Old Testament to accept everything as good which is another way of saying you should trust God.

It's possible to accept that suffering is inevitable, but still struggle for a greater existence. Think of struggle as something that a hero must go though before he can achieve greatness.

What I hate is the SJWs who beg for emotional support because they believe that they are entitled to it.

The Bible says that slaves should bow down before their masters. If I were a slave and I had the chance to murder my owner, I would take that chance.

There is a huge difference between bitching about your feelings, and fighting for your rights in a masculine way. Someone who follows amor fati no longer has any need for emotional support, but still can lash out at actual oppressors.

>Still serves your values but if all you do is meditate you're stuck in a hedonistic trap.

So … you're saying that meditating on the beauty of knowledge is a form of hedonism.

You just proved that hedonism isn't inherently bad.

Why is hedonism bad? It's bad because it leads to weird experiments with dildos or whatever. That's what they tell me. If seeking natural beauty is a form of hedonism then all the common arguments against hedonism have henceforth been obliterated.

>If everyone gets stuck in a hedonistic trap all life ends and life is good.

False. Hedonists usually do what they can to prolong their lives so that they continue to enjoy their lives.

Knowledge is more beautiful than sex though.

Sex is a want, not a need. All desires can and should be overcome so that only needs matter.

>Your GDP is smaller than California’s

Standard of Living > GDP

GDP is only useful for those who are in business.

>My meaning extends from the divine in the form of ephemeral principles and undeniable truths.

Divine principles are deniable by definition. You are just unwilling to deny them

>Your knowledge of such things is so engrossed in the material world that such spiritual representations and connections to divinity are beyond you.

I see no evidence that anything beyond this physical world even exists.

GDP is only important to ppl in business? God damn it you’re dumb.

I kinda see the idea behind thinking that way but in reality i still despise the current causal chain more than anything and i cant see there being a point of view which would give justification for the tragedies in my family. From my observations i´ve identified the same kind of "world hate" in the extreme end of the SJW crowd but they just project their bitternes to patriarchy or some shit. Sometimes peoples lives are fucked into to the point that a mindset change isn´t enough. Time and a complete life change are the only ways to redeem a person whose gone full psychotic ideologue. A better strategy of minimizing communism etc is to protect the younger generation from becoming bitter losers.

Attached: f189434404953c405ad3eea210f16363363d5a54122d6ed1dcee54706a6b76ec.jpg (320x464, 63K)

This thread:

>hurr durrr

/thread

Did y’all see this?

mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-21/nietzsche-and-the-alt-right/10382460

Food For Thought: The American GDP would skyrocket if slavery were reinstated.

It's entirely possible for a country full of poverty to have a high GDP, as long as some people in the country are super-rich.

>Not liking the white man climate
>Not liking having a non nigger friendly national sport
Nigger

Attached: The Quebeqwan struggle.jpg (1001x558, 601K)

>Sometimes peoples lives are fucked into to the point that a mindset change isn´t enough.

I agree. That's why I think that people should conquer their emotions so that they can focus on physical needs.

People who are suffering from a lack of food or from slavery are the only people who can't simply get out of their problems with an attitude adjustment.

>A better strategy of minimizing communism etc is to protect the younger generation from becoming bitter losers.

I don't agree with communism, but I still think that the poor have a rational incentive to fight for greater worker unionization. After all, poverty kills people ever year. If your life is in danger, you have an incentive to improve your life by any means necessary.

I'm not too worried about communism because hardly anyone seriously wants literal communism nowadays. A much bigger problem is sexual/racial identity politics. The people fighting for sexual/racial identity politics are usually fighting against things that they find offensive, not things which are actually life threatening. This is why amor fati is so desperately needed.

Nietzsche would be disgusted by their nationalism and collectivism.

A good portion of alt-right rhetoric is just bitching about the inclusion of women and minorities in games that they will never even play. Alt-right is just an inversion of SJWism that has all the same flaws as SJWism. Both sides have a collectivist, hugbox mentality and consider video game representation to be serious business. In both movements, the importance of economics in determining human destiny is grossly downplayed.

shut up kike

Attached: 1524348611054.jpg (334x334, 88K)

Criticizing the alt-right is a microaggression eh?