Help me return to Christianity

Raised Catholic but jumped on the whole atheist bandwagon some years ago. I'm looking into getting back into Christianity, but from a Protestant approach.

Could Jow Forums recommend me some movies, podcasts, and/or books? Or just general information that would help me in my mission?

Also, redpill me on Christianity and politics, in terms of how it has, does, and will benefit society as a whole.

Thanks in advance.

Attached: 015341.jpg (504x647, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZECezMYug8c
youtube.com/user/pleaseconvinceme/videos
youtube.com/channel/UC1Xf6ScN9riYhTOUsvhkhaw/videos
youtube.com/user/offTheLeftEye/videos
youtu.be/shyI-aQaXD0
youtu.be/PZ3hESj__M8)
youtu.be/H124iZiyGUs)
youtube.com/channel/UCFAgQUHkdFFMV1Z8kgAzl9w
youtu.be/Gy9kZ-eISIU
lds.org/scriptures/bofm?lang=eng
youtube.com/watch?v=s_6P_guj-0M
lmgtfy.com/?q=matthew 9 16 commentary
biblehub.com/kjvs/matthew/5.htm
biblehub.com/greek/4236.htm
deepstrength.wordpress.com/2018/08/14/on-divorce-part-6/
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 10&version=KJV
docs.google.com/file/d/0B43z_Az4kEXdTWM4ZmVnd2JUZzA/edit
olrl.org/apologetics/cathprot.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=L14UNjaZJm8
youtube.com/watch?v=o1vhXlSkVHE
youtube.com/watch?v=a3AnX_GBWJw
youtube.com/watch?v=fvjmveYw0tE
youtube.com/watch?v=WRB16BARvz0
youtube.com/watch?v=d07mgLoOW8g
youtube.com/watch?v=gC9XDAbwq6k
youtube.com/watch?v=VmvnE6erj6I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm Catholic, and honestly I would recommend just reading the Bible on your own without the interpretation from some pastor or spiritual leader. Form your own opinions and then you can seek out a Christian church you find the most in common with. I am so glad I actually read the Bible for myself. It was tedious, but worth it, and I found myself really enjoying it.

Will do brother.

I need to clarify, I actually listened to the audio of the Bible, it's easy to find on youtube. But the point is it was interesting actually getting the content from the source itself.

Same here, though I am a Protestant. Reading it for yourself helps emmensly though knowing certain key things do help like the Trinity, Justification by Faith, and Christian living - being nice and loving. As for politics, you shouldn’t really care other than topics about Christianity or degeneracy. We as Christians aren’t supposed to care about this world for the Kingdom of Heaven is not of it. Also Revelations is happening/has been happening so be Faithful till the end when Our Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus comes back. Good luck, Grace and Peace be with you Brother Amen

Attached: DE1C1979-0FC9-47AE-9F8E-A6111EB0DF39.png (347x1023, 178K)

>redpill me on Christianity and how it will benefit society as a whole.

Sorry, I didn't address that point. The principles outlined in Christianity (being virtuous, loving your neighbor, working hard, etc.) lead to a higher standard of living for everyone. Being promiscuous and violent leads to increased levels of poverty and hardship. More people should take in what the Bible has to say.

Read KJV bible----->Find local independent kjv only baptist church------>Go to church every sunday

You got it OP.

Amen brother. I do need to say I'm not really a very good Christian, I'm kind of a bitter misanthrope. I still care about doing the right thing when I can, but I'm so disillusioned with how so many people are I've practically lost my faith in humanity.

Not trying to dissuade you though if you're optimistic.

King James Version is over-rated.

If that's your only criticism, then I'm glad I'm KJV only.

Attached: 1509927002563.jpg (477x479, 39K)

There are many paths to God. Christianity, especially modern Christianity, is the path of devotion. It is the path of the meek. 100% devotion to God, 24 hours a day.

Is this for you? You must ask yourself this. Also, can you live with what the church has become? Remember, Christ came to destroy the temple.

It is important, to follow the way of Jesus, or Yashua Ben David, to understand his teaching as unfiltered as possible. SO the gospelof Judas, Thomas, and so on. Especially Thomas.

What are you seeking? A community? Or God? If the answer is God, and salvation, you must look to gnostics, early Christian mystics or men like St.Augustine. Jesus Christ is a path, a set of tools. Don't ever forget that. "He who drinks from my mouth shall become as I am and I shall be he."

I could go into how the crucifixion is a metaphor for the death of the Ego, and in that death you gain knowledge of God first hand, but I don't know if you are ready for that or if you want it. What do you want?

Looks like you haven't gone down enough rabbit holes, OP

Attached: vatican.jpg (1024x672, 444K)

To each their own. I just prefer modern day English. I do respect the accomplishment the King James Version was for it's day though, I just don't think it's as good by today's standards as many people claim.

> back to Christianity

May I recommend the books

The Road Less Traveled, and
People of the lie

by Scott Peck.

A reasonably sophisticated approach to religion linked in with some profound psychological ideas. Highly recommended.

Attached: women-weightlifting.jpg (596x799, 164K)

Religion is just another matrix to escape from.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZECezMYug8c

find a latin mass parish, go to high mass some sunday. Beautiful, based and lots of redpilled folks around

>douay Rheims
>older (kjv stole from it)
>has the whole bible
>not translated by fucking heretics
absolutely better than kjv

Also, books Death of Christian Culture by John Senior. Seriously redpilled Catholicism

First of all, don't be a protestant unless you love faggots and progressivism. Second, as other anons have said actually read the Bible. The New Testament is all that really matters, but the OT is a fun read. Third, Vatican 2 was a mistake so you should find an SSPX parish near you. They're the real Catholics. If there isn't one it's fine, just avoid Novus Ordo unless you like committing heresy in a house of the Lord. Orthodoxy is cool too if you really don't want to be a Catholic.

t. user who was in the same position as you a year ago

Start by humbling yourself first. Then read your Bible with an open heart. When you are ready, get on your knees and pray for guidance.

*FSSP

FSSP is just a cucked version of SSPX, but yeah they're the next best thing.

hey hi hello

this is Jesus but you don't have to believe me, I am going to tell you how to be king of kings using just a few easy tricks

>love your neighbor, winning the culture war starts with leading them
>do not give senselessly, but be charitable, and never worry about giving "too much away" because God IS counting (via gravitational waves; everything is perpetually counted, especially the shekels) and will reciprocate/reimburse you for your good will
>you should know peace, and peace is strength, but in this dying yawn of a society, you must now know war
>Jow Forums is your friend, these people do their best to be good, and if you can separate the anons from the shills, you will always find good advise and a direction towards Polaris
>Remphan is public enemy number 1, and the greys are his handmaidens, and the Jews his goyim

k good luck deux vult

Attached: 1538687974596.jpg (973x1280, 328K)

hello mr sheckelberg, how has your day been

Nah, they are just a less autistic version of SSPX. The SSPXers I know are way down on the spectrum

Recommended Prostestant Authors...

J Warner Wallace
Lee Strobel
David Gushee
Peter Enns

Recommended youtube channels...

youtube.com/user/pleaseconvinceme/videos

youtube.com/channel/UC1Xf6ScN9riYhTOUsvhkhaw/videos

Non-Protestant Channels...

youtube.com/user/offTheLeftEye/videos

Attached: ok.jpg (333x333, 45K)

youtu.be/shyI-aQaXD0

here user, and look up other Kent Hovind vids too.

The Bible

Read the Bible. Ask God to help you out. You don’t need to seek validation from others or a church. Going to church is great but it’s a secondary objective desu.

>many paths to God
word salad and heresy for the purging fires

Attached: gnosticism.png (1220x890, 177K)

Attached: 1497082099592.jpg (1280x800, 250K)

>I'm looking into getting back into Christianity
because I realized that indeed Jesus could walk on water because now I know about his magic Jew powers

>catholic bible

No thank you!

Attached: 1538145842651.png (425x374, 198K)

Start with the Bible.
Seriously.

To be safe for all eternity:
A: Admit that you are a sinner, who violates the Will of God, and that you need a Saviour.
B: Believe that Jesus Christ, Son of God & Messiah, died for you sins and rose again, as prophesied and recorded in the Word of God.
C: Call on His name, ask Him to save you, and confess that He is Lord.

Some resources that may help:
TTB.org has a verse by verse Bible Study for download or daily listening.
Chuck Missler’s Learn the Bible in 24 Hours (youtu.be/PZ3hESj__M8)
Robert Breaker’s Bible Study and Topical Sermons (youtu.be/H124iZiyGUs)

The End is nigh. Tomorrow may be too late.

Attached: image.jpg (1583x2048, 558K)

>guy says he wants to hear about non-prot christianity
>prots chime in anyways, half with copy-pasta, as usual

checked. the kjv and nkjv are good, but the esv feels more natural.

>taking the kikes word for what should be in the old testament

no thank you!

Attached: Perfection in Christ.jpg (640x640, 75K)

what even is this post

>but from a Protestant approach
Both Orthodox churches I've been to were full of post-prots, myself included. I wouldn't even bother or recommend it to anyone.

>I used my critical thinking skills to realize religion is a giant hoax. But now I'm scared that I lost my personal identity and spirtitual security blanket and I want to get plugged back in to the matrix

Kill yourself OP. There's no going back to ignorance, you can't just will yourself into stupidity.

Read Aquinas and begome catholic

You should try the Orthodox approach.

go back to old school christian shit where hte fought demons live in a cave. stop being such a nigger baby

embrace pagang, reject neo-judaism

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg (550x337, 35K)

>Also, redpill me on Christianity and politics, in terms of how it has, does, and will benefit society as a whole.

If preventing fags from getting married and keeping schools from teaching evolution and sex ed are your idea of beneficial, there's that.

>thinks going back to an invisible friend is being red pilled
enjoy you religion blue pill

Attached: 1521513422785.png (951x1024, 1.73M)

>Could Jow Forums recommend me some movies, podcasts, and/or books?
How about some pills, schizo?

>reddit spacing
Burn, faggot

cool strawman. I'm an atheist and the shit of the right side makes me facepalm. I would argue that christdummies are even more cringey

*tips fedora

Search the web for the "book of Thomas", get several translations - Christianity takes on a whole new light...

yet we arent the degens.

makes one think doesnt it

This is the church I go to. It's helped me me come back to faith, maybe it'll help you as well.

youtube.com/channel/UCFAgQUHkdFFMV1Z8kgAzl9w

You need to realize that the left is normalizing such deviant and immoral behavior that people are flocking to Christianity in response

Attached: IMG_20180625_140648_374.jpg (1080x1071, 169K)

Fedoras like to argue, but when they vote, they vote Left.

Attached: trump white vote.png (722x622, 33K)

There's degens on both sides. cognitive bias just gives people blind spots to their own bullshit.

just turn the other cheek and remember we are all equal in christ

Attached: another puppet.jpg (1337x760, 165K)

We let fags get married, and within just a few years they're already brainwashing children into becoming fags, drag queens, and trannies, and they're well on their way to openly trying to normalize pedophilia. At some point you have to admit the warning about gays were true.

Jew=/=Judean

Turn the other cheek is meant as an insult to your attacker. You need to understand the language as it was 2000 years ago. Militant Christianity was practiced for most of its existence. Only since it was subverted by jews 70 years ago has that changed.

youtu.be/Gy9kZ-eISIU new video by GOP spread the word, vote early and get everyone to vote RED.

Catholics aren't Christian

in what way arent they

They worship idols and try to save themselves by their works. They're pagans

Life on hardest difficulty is reading the KJV bible and living by it to the best of your ability. That is a true christian.

i am curious how do they worship these idols

>The degeneracy of the left is literally instilling the fear of God in people

To all anons who realize they need Christ: call out to Him.
>Lord, change me
>Lord, have mercy
Pray in the name of Jesus Christ, the Savior of man. He died for YOU.
>Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 7:7
Father, I pray to you now for the sake of all these anons who need You. By the blood of Jesus Christ, you saved me from my sin and from death. I profess my faith publicly so that others may be aware of your Salvation. Lord, you saved me by divine grace and mercy, and most importantly you saved me out of your love for me. I pray to you in the name of Jesus Christ your Son that you will reveal yourself to all those who do not yet know you. Amen

>I'm looking into getting back into Christianity, but from a Protestant approach.
Protestantism is heresy, user. You might as well remain an apostate. It's the same fucking thing.

>Militant Christianity was practiced for most of its existence.
This is pretty much my approach to faith. Militant Catholicism. Fervor in belief and in works, and in defense of the faith. The modern Catholicism has lost its way. It needs to be restored to what it was. And it begins with a purge, from top to bottom.

Christianity was created by Jews. Fuck you

lds.org/scriptures/bofm?lang=eng

If you’re not a Latin Rite, pre-Vatican II Roman Catholic, I’m afraid all that embracing of your watered-down Christianity willbe for naught: you’re going to Hell my well-meaning but woebegone friend.

Get on the Trinity Train before it’s too late.

Attached: 804BCE62-2577-46B6-A041-4C2510F7286E.png (800x1147, 1.19M)

Protestantism is an ever fracturing interpretation of the Word of God, and has been thoroughly subverted by liberalism and other modern garbage ideas. Any asshat with a bible can lead a church and preach whatever bastardized theology they wish, and some of the more batshit denominations provide clear examples of the dangers in that. Orthodoxy has a very consistent theology and liturgical practices across the various ethnic branches, and doesn't try to play politics in the way the Vatican does. It provides a good balance of logical thought and mysticism, without the shallowness of many Protestant denominations and without the autism of Catholic rationalizations. It's definitely worth checking out if you are interested in getting back into Christianity.

t. raised Prot > 10 years agnostic > begoming Ordodogs

Attached: 1529498197247.png (500x375, 123K)

youtube.com/watch?v=s_6P_guj-0M

>implying that your denomination is "orthodox" for more than slavs and greeks

Amen, brother. Have yourself a good Sunday.

no, read it. if you find a passage you don't think you 100% understand, look up commentaries.
e.g. lmgtfy.com/?q=matthew 9 16 commentary
stick with biblehub imo.

If you get to verses that you recognize as being used by pagans, atheists, or leftists, look it up with a concordance.

e.g. look up Matthew 5 5 KJV + Strong's Concordance.
get this link: biblehub.com/kjvs/matthew/5.htm
click on the word 'meek' in verse 5.
>oh shit nigga we biblical scholars gettin' into the original greek text and sheeit.
"Cognate: 4239 praýs (also listed as 4239a/praupathia in NAS dictionary) – meek. See 4236 (praótēs).

This difficult-to-translate root (pra-) means more than "meek." Biblical meekness is not weakness but rather refers to exercising God's strength under His control – i.e. demonstrating power without undue harshness."
...that's not what the pagans tried to tell me!
check similar words to get a better idea of the idea being expressed by Christ:
biblehub.com/greek/4236.htm
"4236 praótēs– properly, temperate, displaying the right blend of force and reserve (gentleness). 4236 /praótēs ("strength in gentleness") avoids unnecessary harshness, yet without compromising or being too slow to use necessary force."
>...Deus Vult

proper Bible study is more than just reading, it's studying and prayer. Pray for understanding, faith, and belief. Pray for the Holy Spirit to abide in you. Give thanks about what you've learned.

Attached: 1531153843448.gif (400x225, 1.26M)

I wouldn't get too caught up on this. I personally use KJV but the whole KJV>everythign is bullshit.

The original text is God Breathed, not so sure about translations - even KJV. Case in point: deepstrength.wordpress.com/2018/08/14/on-divorce-part-6/

And the real kicker is how many interpretations are absolutely bogus - especially in todays' feminized church.

>There are many paths to God.
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 10&version=KJV

No, there is only one way, heretic.

Outside the Catholic Church There is Absolutely No Salvation
www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/catholic_church_salvation_faith_and_baptism.php
------------------------------------------
The Bible Proves the Teachings of the Catholic Church pdf
docs.google.com/file/d/0B43z_Az4kEXdTWM4ZmVnd2JUZzA/edit
-------------------------------------------
The Catholic Religion
Proved By The Protestant Bible
olrl.org/apologetics/cathprot.shtml

Attached: 1532527299075.jpg (480x521, 55K)

>Documentary: Protestantism's Big Justification Lie
youtube.com/watch?v=L14UNjaZJm8

>Jews Are Not Israel Or The Chosen People
youtube.com/watch?v=o1vhXlSkVHE

St. Robert Bellarmine (1610), Doctor of the Church: "A pope who is a manifest heretic
automatically (per se) ceases to be pope and head, just as he ceases automatically to be a
Christian and a member of the Church. Wherefore, he can be judged and punished by
the Church. This is the teaching of all the ancient Fathers who teach that manifest
heretics immediately lose all jurisdiction."

>Accepting Francis = Apostasy
youtube.com/watch?v=a3AnX_GBWJw

>What Francis Really Believes (4th Edition)
youtube.com/watch?v=fvjmveYw0tE

>Proof that the Shroud of Turin is the Burial Cloth of Jesus Christ!
youtube.com/watch?v=WRB16BARvz0

>Eastern "Orthodoxy" Exposed: Their Heretical Doctrine Of God
youtube.com/watch?v=d07mgLoOW8g

Attached: 1499116808443.png (1154x3699, 685K)

...I don't want to not give them the benefit of the doubt but...this is everything I hate about my fellow Protestants: youtube.com/watch?v=gC9XDAbwq6k

it's so hard to find a good protestant church. Most denominations are being converged, even the SBC. Gotta find a good church with a good Pastor and good congregation (active small groups). There will always be tares sown in with the wheat so you just have to deal with that. And there are probably going to be really shitty praise bands with shitty praise songs (I miss the hold hymns so badly: youtube.com/watch?v=VmvnE6erj6I ). But you aren't looking for perfection, you are looking for good instruction from the pastor and good support from the congregation. Keep that in mind.

The Catholic Church is unequivocally the Whore of Babylon.

Don't give in to religion again. It's like coming off drugs. Religion is a poison for your mind and you need to fight it and stand firm as a free mind. There is no god, no heaven, hell, satan or jesus. Don't waste your life worshipping something imaginary. Use that time to learn a new skill or enjoy life.

Attached: 1537755114121.jpg (479x358, 104K)

the libertarian to alt right to militant, zealous Christianity pipeline is real, sorry.

>atheist bandwagon
Are you saying you became an atheist because your friends were or something?
kys npc. This ain't your christ cuck board.

The whole flat earth thing actually got me back into Christianity. It fills a lot of gaps in the bible. Sure, God is powerful enough to create an ever expanding universe, but why would He do that when humans are the center of attention? It also makes more sense for heaven to be directly above us and for hell to be underneath us.

This

>humans are the most important beings in a universe of millions of planets and lifeforms
>not an egotistical construct made by man to inflate his own ego and to make man feel special when it is utterly insignificant to the universe

Is pic the heaven Jesus described? He described heaven as a wedding/party and hell as being cast out in the cold. Is this wedding/party becoming some random spirit’s pet and hell being abandoned in the wild? Not attacking Christianity, just want to understand.

Attached: 882CB3EB-9FD2-428A-A7F8-5E11F56D2CBD.jpg (1500x2613, 867K)

Look into orthodoxy. Check out orthodoxy and heterodoxy on ancientfaith.com. And God bless

>why would He do that when humans are the center of attention?
To show us His power and glory.

Then read Luther and become protestant