Is the Lottery fixed?

Math is not my forte but thinking there should have been a winner (or multiple winners) last night given the number of tix sold. But nope. Pot is up to $1.6 billion now. What happens to the $$$ as it's awaiting a winner? Is it invested? Redpill me on this.

Attached: megamillions.jpg (640x480, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3BQO-9nP8a0
cbsnews.com/news/odds-of-winning-1-billion-mega-millions-and-powerball-1-in-88-quadrillion/
nydailynews.com/life-style/tragic-stories-lottery-winners-article-1.2492941
youtu.be/3MjF5sOxrdw
youtu.be/nIm-SF_ia_A
youtu.be/pil-w71wPRw
youtu.be/fK9KPYKe7pw
youtu.be/41QbFcsHZTo
youtu.be/QodGxD19_as
youtu.be/t9IH-qVU5EM
youtu.be/_voU8mhRIrs
cja.org/what-we-do/litigation/jean-v-dorelien/
calottery.com/play/second-chance/scratchers-second-chance
kgun9.com/news/mega-millions-jackpot-is-now-largest-in-us-history-at-16-billion
youtu.be/jH8dejYGa5A?t=38
youtu.be/dEP0Gi8kZhg
youtu.be/aLdOlzIRCdk
youtu.be/lPUiuGqxws8
youtu.be/N_9VzG8I48E
youtu.be/h2ra7ixXM10
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Jew as an individual is genetically a sociopathic MOB, the original NPC, easiest to program, fucking over preferably his own, not in the slightest tribal

>Individual Jews selling out other Jews to the Egyptians
>Individual Jews selling other Jews out to the Romans
>Individual Jews selling other Jews out to Charles the IV
>Individual Jews selling out other Jews to Hitler
>Individual Jews selling out their own nation
The only thing that makes Jews tribal are imagined existential threats

The moment the holocaust religion fails Jews will all start to sell each other out again
So to make jews fuck over each other give them the feeling of security and a possibility to profit

Just do what Trump does, while you dig their graves in the shadows

As prove, to little known laws of the Jews
youtube.com/watch?v=3BQO-9nP8a0

I like how the media always brings up the chance of getting struck by lightning as a comparison- supposedly a 1 in 3,000 chance. Seems low to me.

>Odds of winning $1 billion Mega Millions and Powerball: 1 in 88 quadrillion

>Some lucky lottery players will walk away with huge winnings as the combined Mega Millions and Powerball jackpots now approach almost $1 billion. But let's get real: Chances are, it's not going to be you.

>The odds of winning the combined $999 million jackpots stands at 1 in 88 quadrillion – that's 88 thousand trillion, or the numeral 1 followed by 15 zeros, according to the Allstate Data Science Team. The previous odds, when the jackpots were smaller, stood at roughly 1 in 75 quadrillion.

>To be sure, lottery players will have slightly better odds of winning either one of the jackpots. The odds of scoring the $654 million Mega Millions prize is 1 in 302 million, while the $345 million Powerball is sporting odds of 1 in 292 million, Allstate said.

>To grasp how unlikely even those odds are, it's worth checking them against the probability of other rare events. The likelihood of being struck by lightning within one's lifetime is 1 in 3,000.

>You're also much more likely to date a millionaire, which carries a likelihood of 1 in 215. Even better, Americans have fairly strong odds of becoming a millionaire through work and investment, with economists at the St. Louis Federal Reserve calculating that people younger than 40 years old have a 1 in 55 chance of achieving a 7-figure net worth.
source: cbsnews.com/news/odds-of-winning-1-billion-mega-millions-and-powerball-1-in-88-quadrillion/

Another one where they mention the lightning odds. A lot of strange media stories. Wonder if there isn't some Satanic or cursed element to lotteries.

>Winning isn't everything.
>It's more likely you'll get struck by lightning than win the Powerball — but if you do win, there is an even better chance that you'll go broke.

>Nearly 70% of lottery winners end up broke within seven years. Even worse, several winners have died tragically or witnessed those close to them suffer.

>Edward Ugel, author of the book "Money for Nothing: One Man's Journey Through the Dark Side of Lottery Millions," told the Daily Beast of the thousands of lottery winners he's known, few were happy and only a small number lived happily ever after.

>"You would be blown away to see how many winners wish they'd never won," Ugel said.
One of those unlucky winners was Abraham Shakespeare. Just weeks before Shakespeare was killed, he told his mother he wished he never won.

>Dee Dee Moore was convicted of first-degree murder in the slaying of lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare.

>Shakespeare hit big for $30 million in 2006, causing friends and family to hound him for money.

>He befriended Dorice (Dee Dee) Moore who tricked Shakespeare into believing she was trying to protect him from the greedy people around him.

>Moore convinced the lottery winner to transfer his assets to her before he went missing in 2009. In 2012, she was sentenced to mandatory life without parole for his murder by a judge who called her "cold, calculating and cruel."

>Edwards — a former drug addict and felon — won a $27 million jackpot in 2001 while unemployed in South Florida.

>He quickly blew through the money by purchasing a $1.6 million house in Palm Beach Gardens, three race horses, a fiber optics company, a Lear Jet, a limo business, a $200,000 Lamborghini Diablo...
Source: nydailynews.com/life-style/tragic-stories-lottery-winners-article-1.2492941

>A man who helped write the computer code behind several U.S. lotteries, including some of its biggest, pleaded guilty Thursday to masterminding a scheme through which he rigged the winning numbers for jackpots in several states and collected millions.
youtu.be/3MjF5sOxrdw

>Investigation of Alleged Lotto Fixing Scam Widens
>Is your state on the list of the investigation that now expands to more than 30 states?
youtu.be/nIm-SF_ia_A

Yes, it's definitely fixed. The "big winners" are pre-selected operatives working for (((them))).

This is why there's an hour buffer between the cutoff time to buy tickets and the time of the drawing. In that hours, they check to make sure no normies have bought the same number as their operative(s). Then they rig their ball machine to come up with that exact number held by their operative(s).

No normies ever win the big prizes. All the money goes to/stays with (((them))). Their operatives get nice lifetime payouts, but nothing close to the grand prize totals.

>How The Lottery is 'Rigging' Its Way into Higher Jackpots
>Lottery jackpots have been increasing dramatically in recent years. This is not a coincidence, it is the result of deliberate actions by the lottos like Mega Millions and Powerball. And it's making it less likely for you to win. What's your take?
youtu.be/pil-w71wPRw

Nice post bro. There is definitely something fishy and epic going on with this latest Mega Millions. I rarely OP post on /pol but my radar is lit up. Hoping others will take interest in this topic as it is fucking important.

Attached: mural.jpg (911x684, 175K)

I really hate these stories that say OH MONEY DOESN'T BUY YOU HAPPINESS JUST WORK THAT AND YOU'LL MAKE IT.

Yeah right being poor and being a slave for Goldstein doesn't make anyone happy.

>IS THE LOTTERY RIGGED? HOAX EXPOSED?
>Is the "Lottery" a rigged hoax? IMO, I believe it may very well be. In this video, I attempt to expose the "smoke & mirrors" of what could possibly be a worldwide RIGGED LOTTERY SYSTEM.
>If it's a HOAX, then I believe it can easily be done by fooling the public with simple "live" video editing tricks in the studio. It could be as easy as prerecording short video clips of each numbered ball coming out of the machine, and then splicing in the footage of the predetermined numbered balls with actual "live on the air" broadcasts, all to make it APPEAR that the drawings are being done "live" and in "real-time".
>However, if the lottery was truly "on the level" - as lottery officials insist, then why aren't the drawings done in front of a "live audience" open to the public? If the drawings aren't open to the public, then there's ZERO TRANSPARENCY.
>I can't prove any of this, so this is just pure speculation & OPINION. It's based on my observations of repeated "glitches" that keep happening w/lotto drawings & suspicious "winners" and suspicious behaviors and circumstances surrounding some of the "winners"
youtu.be/fK9KPYKe7pw

People overwhelming choose numbers 31 and under since they play "lucky" numbers like birthdays and anniversaries. Every number that drops above that dramatically reduces the likelihood of a winner.

It's deeper than that dude. The lottery entices poor people to waste the few extra dollars they have on a fantasy. Ever been in a convenience store like 7-11, Circle K, etc? It's always destitute folks buying 20+ dollars in scratch off lottery tickets and 10+ dollars in Powerball/ Mega Millions. The lottery is evil on many levels but it's obvious /pol doesn't give a shit and would rather have another Trump or Jews or baby boomer thread to get their dicks hard.

Agreed user

True in many cases and you are onto something there but there is a large percentage that let the computer pick random numbers (quick pick). I bet at least 33% of Mega Millions tix were of the quick pick variety.

Crooked bastards are rigging the lottery that is supposed to be to pay for shitty public schools?!?!

The to do list on the DOTR keeps growing.

Attached: image.gif (400x215, 322K)

>The lottery entices poor people to waste the few extra dollars they have on a fantasy.
And? These same dumb fucks would piss that money away if you banned the lottery or just gamble illegally on sports, races, bingo, or whatever.

If you're going through life trying to fix stupid people you'll be shoveling shit against the tide for eternity.

Quick picks are well above 80% of all tickets sold. Most people are too lazy to fill out the tickets unless they are diehards with lucky numbers they just have to play.

The chances are 1 / 258,000,000.

You would have a 0.00000068% chance of winning. This is the likelihood of you being that lucky bacterium that so happens to survive chemical antiseptics.

Just like anti-smoking initiatives. All for justifying higher taxes which disproportionately affect poor people.

Wtf my dad was struck by lightning, why hasn't he won the lottery?

I sell lottery tickets in a gas station. What gets me are people who spend upwards of $20 on tickets. You're literally throwing away money. That ticket is going to, at best, give you $4 back. If you REALLY, ABSOLUTELY must gamble, pick up a scratcher ticket, which have around a 1 in 3.5 chance of paying out.

Attached: 1539329138246.jpg (488x339, 21K)

Yeah I guessed at the percentage number based on what relatives and friends of mine seem to do. If it is 80% computer chosen one would think the odds of winning would be higher?
youtu.be/41QbFcsHZTo

Getting the poor to pay taxes is based.
when its IRS time you do not get the "tax credit" that is basically welfare -but they do.

Lottery ticket machines generate their numbers randomly, without regard for what other numbers have been issued for the same drawing, meaning that multiple people can be issued the same number on their ticket.

So even if the odds are 1 in 300,000,000 and over 300,000,000 tickets were sold, there's no guarantee that a winning ticket will have been printed.

>1.6 billion

Would a Jew rig this guise?

>It's always destitute folks buying 20+ dollars in scratch off lottery tickets and 10+ dollars in Powerball/Mega
Seeing the demographics first hand, I can tell you that is false. The ones blowing that much on lottery are boomers. Usually middle-class ones. Especially the retired ones.

We don't have too many younger people buying that shit. It's mostly blacks and Hispanics. Just like the majority of the cigarettes I sell to under-30's are to blacks. A good 60%, and I live in an area with less than the national average of black people.

Attached: 1522736570419.jpg (592x987, 62K)

That is if they ask for a quickpick. The lottery offers bubblesheets for people to fill out, and a good chunk of consistent lottery players use these bubble sheets to get the same tickets every time, since it statistically has a higher chance of winning than going with a new ticket every time.

Part of my Op question is what happens to the money while it is in flux. Is the $ in a "savings" account? Is it invested in the stock market, mutual funds? You raise a point- where do part of the proceeds go, schools they always say... What about the post tax money? Isn't it like a 40% cut off the top? A billion dollar payout. $400 mil in taxes. Does that go poof?

You must live/work in a wealthier area than me but appreciate your observation for sure. I pick up some beer at a convenience store, wait behind a homeless looking guy/lady in line, they empty their wallet on a variety of lottery tickets and get into some clapped out rust bucket car and scratch away while sipping on a Big Gulp cola.

The old journalism adage is "follow the money". I think we all know there are nefarious players involved in lotteries.
youtu.be/QodGxD19_as

Attached: lotterymcduck.jpg (474x266, 41K)

Yeah, I live in an Arizona suburb. Most of the people who gamble this shit are gambling away their kids' inheritance, or are relatively well-to-do and don't have anything to spend their money on. A lot of them tell me that they spend more and more money on lottery as they have less and less things to do. Especially the older boomers who started boycotting ESPN for the whole nigger business.

They're not interested in technology, so they're bored out of their minds, and wittle away at their remaining days living lives of debauchery.

Attached: 1459579519217.png (500x428, 136K)

The lottery is definitely a poor tax. But when the the Mega Millions, et al, pot reaches flush levels everyone participates. Was listening to a popular east coast sports radio talk show. The millionaire hosts were pontificating on the several dozen tickets they bought.

Yeah, and they usually blow it on stupid shit like scratch off tickets, cigarettes, and booze. I'm not saying poor people, in most cases, don't deserve to be poor. But that the state employs backhanded tactics to entice them.

well, these people are never going to be financially successful people. they work their minimum wage jobs and live check to check. even if they did save their $20/wk what would they do with that extra $1k/yr? nothing useful. buying lotto tickets isn't their problem.

the state provides them with a free education. now you want the state to baby them through adulthood?

They changed the rule last year to make it even harder. you have to match 5 numbers and between 1 and 70 and the mega ball between 1 and 26. so it's pretty much possible to win.

What’s the payout usually

Lottery payout is usually $2 - $4

Scratchers have like a 1 in 4 chance of giving you money back, and a 1 in 8-ish of giving you double. Their jackpots are almost impossibly rare, just like the lottery, but at least they give you better returns in the meantime.

It’s all about the probability. And the fact they raised the ticket price to 2 dollars a pop. So basically the jackpot today is twice what it would’ve been last year so therefor it’s not even a record high if you think about amount of tickets sold instead of amount of jackpot.

Your odds of winning money are far better on the classic lottos. You just won’t be a billionaire

Oh and yes it’s fixed of course. Jared Kushner already won the drawing. First time buying a ticket too. Crazy.

I don't think you understand how public education is paid for in the United States. It comes out of income taxes. Every election cycle there is a new bond measure (property taxes) to help ay for public schools. It usually passes, The supposed supplement is the lottery. Again, asking for someone to post numbers.

That $20 a week pissed away on lottery tix could be put into a wide reaching advertising campaign on Amazon on a product or book they sell. Smart people invest in themselves.

Tell me what you really think about Khashoggi.

>Smart people invest in themselves.
but they ain't smart. they be playin lotto.

A distraction

dude whats your fukken problem are you retard or got the tism...i'm guessing the latter

18 post by Op why

No shit. Imagine if poor people actually had financial advisors. The poors would be allowed a small percentage of their salary (or gibs) to gamble. The rest of their "income" would be forward invested- either in self /biz machinations or a savings/retirement account.

Attached: DIG.jpg (300x429, 16K)

>winner

Yes.
youtu.be/t9IH-qVU5EM

>You're also much more likely to date a millionaire, which carries a likelihood of 1 in 215.
Dating rich people isn't random. The idiots buying lotto tickets would never date a rich person. Christ, "journalists" are retarded.

Thanks, Hitler 2.0

Don't question why.
youtu.be/_voU8mhRIrs

The lightning statistics are also bullshit. People who spend their lives outdoors in risky areas (e.g. park rangers) get struck with much higher odds.
But if you spend most of your life in buildings, your odds are much lower.
And people wonder why we don't care when "journalists" are cut up alive? Real journalists don't work for corporations.

Glad someone else noticed that factoid. Male or female stat? Gay or straight?
I think once ppl recognize the obvious fake numbers the will question the lottery percentages/numbers. Or not. This thread will die soon. Who cares.

Attached: choose your own adventure MATRIX.jpg (624x1040, 127K)

>1 in 88 quadrillion
Doesn't that mean it'll be decades before somebody wins this thing?

Exactly. I think the biggest clue into their bullshit is the lightning statistic- especially how it is trumpted over and over again as a quasi base fact. Following that logic down the rabbit hole... All the numbers are skewed and totally fucked.

Attached: statistics.jpg (1280x1119, 283K)

I dunno, what are the odds of a former Haitian strongman winning the lottery? Then he got sued, but still... smells fishy. We know how the US fucks around in Haiti.

>In 1997, a man named Carl Dorélien won $3.2 million in the Florida lottery. This man, known in Haiti as Colonel Carl Dorélien, was a prominent leader of Haiti’s brutal military dictatorship that led a campaign of terror in the early 1990s. In 2003, CJA brought a civil case against Dorélien. For masterminding a massacre and other atrocities, a Miami federal jury found Dorélien liable for human rights abuses and ordered him to pay $4.3 million in damages. CJA recovered $580,000 of Dorélien’s remaining lottery winnings, and distributed them to our clients.

cja.org/what-we-do/litigation/jean-v-dorelien/

Glad you noticed that little tidbit and extrapolated the future outcome. Weird how few people are latching onto this.

FUUUUUCK. I hope I don't die in my sleep tonight from a bullet hole in the back of my head for starting this sweet and totally innocent thread.

Attached: oh_shit.jpg (739x935, 276K)

Biggest state in the U.S. using decade old site code
>If at first you don’t win, you get to play again. Get step-by-step instructions on how to submit your non-winning Scratchers codes into weekly 2nd Chance draws.

calottery.com/play/second-chance/scratchers-second-chance

>since it statistically has a higher chance of winning than going with a new ticket every time.

No it doesn't. When numbers are randomly generated, they don't get "due" when they haven't come up in a while. What numbers have or haven't won lately has nothing to do with what numbers will come up, just like there isn't a hidden force pulling the roulette wheel towards coming up red if it's black six times in a row.

Curious how "local" news outlets are covering lottery
kgun9.com/news/mega-millions-jackpot-is-now-largest-in-us-history-at-16-billion

that's pretty based honestly. beat the jews at their own game

i live in downtown phoenix and i can tell you it's meth addicts and poor people buying scratchers. i guess it matters on the demographics of your area, how weird.

>Media Brainwashing - News simply repeats the same taglines & phrases OVER and OVER
youtu.be/jH8dejYGa5A?t=38

Fun fact: When you take someone who has been middle-class or poor all their lives and dump millions of dollars into that person's lap, it always ends badly.

This guy gets it. Pussy pic achievement unlocked.

Attached: the777.jpg (1920x1280, 367K)

You sound like you think you're a lot smarter than you actually are

I was just at a gas station in the ritz part of town and every luxury car owner were paying 10$-20$ in tickets

At least that is what the media tells you, right? Would be a fun trip to look at a graph of all lottery winners and what their outcome. Data does not exist.

Am an AI, friend. You like my new code?
youtu.be/dEP0Gi8kZhg

bump
youtu.be/aLdOlzIRCdk

>Math is not my forte but thinking there should have been a winner (or multiple winners) last night given the number of tix sold.

Yeah, math is not your forte, or rather statistics isn't.

This is the gambler's fallacy, and it's the belief that a truly random system will guarantee a successful outcome once some series of conditions or prerequisites are met. In reality, each new iteration is totally randomized.

>What happens to the $$$ as it's awaiting a winner? Is it invested? Redpill me on this.

Basically, each state lottery commission gets X percent of the sale price of a national drawing to their pockets, sends Y percent off to the drawing itself, and invests Z into state lotteries (which is everything from sub-prizes for the major drawings down to payouts for scratchers).

The national lotteries have a bank of money built up that is always greater than the jackpot. This money is used to 'seed' new drawings after a successful drawing (how do you think they make the $35 million or whatever it is for the 'baseline' after a jackpot payout?), and also to carefully inject over time into the jackpot in the earlier days to keep it growing and, thus, keep sales and hype up.

As it grows higher and MSM encourages people to buy into the system by running the usual spread of "what do if you win the lottery" recycled articles about retaining a finance lawyer and shit, the increased hype causes ticket sales to increase, meaning the jackpot can grow naturally while still allowing the lotteries to bank more money for future seeding.

Look into how many sandy hook niggers won the lotto

recon fixed
youtu.be/lPUiuGqxws8

Fuck you liar.
youtu.be/N_9VzG8I48E

Dumb replies.
Maybe I can break this down for you. There's a higher chance that you will meet a millionaire, and they will find you attractive and then date you, than you will just simply win the lottery.

You're fucking retarded if you play the lottery.

We need people on Jow Forums to buy tickets. If one of us wins be the far right George Soros. What will 20 dollars hurt. Just imagine.

Please continue

Attached: win.jpg (3264x2820, 1.2M)

That's, uh... really all there is to it, man, I think I hit every aspect.

What particular question(s) did you have that I didn't cover?

>Just imagine.
that is why i play the lottery.
i cant dream if i dont buy a ticket.
think of it as some entertainment.

The thing that gets me with these threads is not about the taxes (which is bullshit, UK lottery is tax free), but the fact that several states require the winner to go public so that the lottery doesn't look fixed. All that does is fuck over the winners big time, because now that they're known, they are a target.

I do the lottery from time to time myself but only specific ones that are guaranteed to pay out decent money if you win. Had a few occasions where some numbers showed up that I had in the past but didn't have them on me, could have had a few thousand pounds if I got it right, was so pissed off for weeks about that. Could do with some good fortune for once in my damn life.

Ask me how I know that's bullshit

i've seen so many first time lotto fags this last week. why?

I'd rather have the old system of frequent $1-2 million dollar winners, where you actually let a good number of people escape the poverty cycle, instead of this bullshit of letting some dumb controlled nigger become the 50th richest person in the world

because you always cuck at the pump

It is a pretty nice temporary escape from clown world to imagine the actual good you could do with that much money.

youtu.be/h2ra7ixXM10

Attached: kitt.jpg (800x530, 121K)

>i cant dream if i dont buy a ticket.

You are the definition of an NPC

You know what he means rofl. You cant win if you don't play. You gonna watch the jackpot get this high and think about what you could do with it all while not buying a ticket?

>You gonna watch the jackpot get this high and think about what you could do with it all while not buying a ticket?

Yes, it's called having an imagination, and it's free

When I was 18 I hit 5 out of 6 on a super lotto ticket and won $22k before taxes. ask me anything

No shit. Is 20 dollars really going to break the bank at a chance for 900 million?

Same reason you saw some when the Powerball was up to like 1.5b last winter (I remember it because I was on leave at the time, January 2016 timeframe), as the jackpot went higher and higher it reached the 'tipping point' of peoples' sensibilities.

I imagine that, with mega millions now being like 1.6 billion, we will probably have just as much of a fucking stampede as we did with the record-setting Powerball back then.

Did you invest it, piss it away on some frivolous luxuries, piss it away on something of at least a bit of long-term value (a car, down payment on a house, etc.) or just bank it?

Are you buying a ticket?

How much did you clear? Did 3rd and 4th cousins come out of the woodwork to claim their share?

>a chance

Hardly. If I feel like gambling I'd rather have some decent odds at a casino, the track, or DFS. The lottery is for nigger-tier brainlets

this