Why is the divorce rate amongst millennials lower than the previous generations?

Why is the divorce rate amongst millennials lower than the previous generations?

Attached: Screenshot_20181023-024659_Chrome.jpg (1080x1337, 577K)

Because murder is easier

Because they dont get married

per capita or overall?

No divorce if they're not getting married

They're too busy being triggered to have fights

This. Those who actually believe in marriage are the ones getting married.

this

is it?

Millennials have only just gotten married

Because they haven't been married long enough you idiot

Try the same study in like 10-20 years and the rate will be the same as previous generations

Nope, you're just not getting married.

because theyve only been married for 3 years? lets re-evaluate their divorce rate when they turn 40

why do you waste your life posting pointless questions here with this dumb cunt's pictures all the time?

God I want to red pill her so bad

Because they haven't had any midlife crisis

That's a boy famalam

This and this

Its hard to be more degenerate than a boomer.

No marriage = no divorce

That's about the only good thing they've learned I guess.

they know the risks, so the ones who go into it make sure to take the steps to make the commitment last. Maybe marriage was just something people of the last generation did rather than what they wanted to do. Perhaps that is the difference?

Separation is easier $5 recording fee through the county v. court and attorney fees
They’re too broke and have grown up watching parents waste 10’s of thousands of dollars fighting pointlessly in court

Unless you’re trying to fuck someone over there is no reason you can work out an amicable way to split with the person you’ve been able to live with for years

This.

I can tell you many of us were expose to the divorce trap thanks to our boomer parents. After experiencing it, many of us have decided the juice ain't worth the squeeze & are not getting married nor having children.

Most don't have children or even shared finances. They are essentially glorified roommates.

Because they're not getting married in the first place.

This. No one wants to marry trash.

Millennials who don't want to get married are generally not getting married. I think the reason why divorce rates were higher for the boomers, silent generation and to a lesser extent Gen X is because boomers, silent generation and to a lesser extent Gen X were socially pressured to get married. Even if they didn't want to get married. Whereas the social stigma for not getting married isn't as strong anymore so millennials who don't want to get married, don't get married. People who reluctantly get married are more likely to divorce I would imagine. And you have a lot less of those types of people now since they don't get married in the first place.

Because they don't get married in the first place.

marriage is a huge trap. and if youre a guy you better be prepared for hurt if it doesn't work out

Some of us are eligible but not finding good prospects

the median income for a married man is 150k

Only the wealthy are getting married.

The 90%+ divorces occur when the mans income is lower or significantly falls.

not getting married and they havent lived with a wife long enough to divorce

Is that the highest specimen of fetal alcohol syndrome to ever walk the earth?

It's almost like women are solipsistic and at the slightest sight of issues they run away.

This. Relative divorce rates are only going up, and that's because people these days are far more promiscuous (read: degenerate) than before.

Attached: marriage_and_divorce_over_time.jpg (640x416, 51K)

This.

t. matrimonial lawfag

Ditto This - Millenials have evolved beyond the constraints and limitations of life-long monogamy.

Leaf wisdom.

Wrong again

Millenials dont have sex or drink or do hard drugs. Thats a boomer stereotype

Hehesillybuttgirl.gif

>"your data is wrong, here's why my anecdotal evidence invalidates the statistical experiences of the entire US population"
Egsellend bost, friend :DDDDDD

Because they're young.

Once the millennial maiden's muff gets more mangy and moldy, the millennial "man" must move to meadows less marinated in multicultural sperm and more manageable to marry, leaving the maiden to masticate on mandingos as the mass media masters have manhandled her mind into moaning for. Most melancholy this material plan! The mire of marriage may never be mended!

Attached: 1540232266819.png (1200x1000, 193K)

The following things:
1. As it has been said already marriage rates are down probably due to a combination of more university education (more time studying not working), debt, prelonged teenagehood, an immature culture (a culture that values immaturity and 'doing you') plus the expense of real estate. This creates a cocktail that prelongs marriage through reality and perception (as it's so far away). It doesn't help that in the vacuum of faith,social justice/identity politics is the new religion and the same sectarian practices now happen 'I don't date Catholics' for example becomes 'I don't date insert x here'.
2. The rise of defacto's from a combination of meh, marriage costs and breaking tradition. If you live together and have sex, it takes away a lot of the need for marriage because you are
play acting as married. When previously you'd wait until you were married to do those things.
3. Millennial's are more likely to be exposed to divorce as a kid and it either puts them off marriage entirely or it makes them be more serious about marriage 'I don't want to divorce'.

Afaik no one is getting married here so there is no need for divorce.

Where to begin...
1.) access sex is easy these days
2.) marriage is seen as a liability (especially to men)
3.) the institutional integrity and sanctity of marriage has been eroded by stuff like gay marriage
4.) the society pressure to get married as a "rite of passage" has been assailed over the past few decades by post-modern critique
5.) costs to support a family have risen while wages have remained stagnant

Because their marriages haven't matured enough to the point where divorce guarantees a lifetime payday.

Assuming you're not talking shit, which you are:
Maybe they realise families has to stick together to prepare for this century of apocalyptic disaster.
This century is going to do to human society what the communists could only dream of.
It will destroy the bourgeois. By effect of exterminating all poor people around the globe and reset the global economy.
>inb4 blackpill
also sage

Wouldn't the term "rate" imply a ratio, which is independent of the raw number of people getting married?

Like you're correct they aren't really getting married but if 100% of their marriages stick, that's still objectively a better divorce rate than a hypothetical 50% divorcee generation preceding them, even if that preceding generation outnumbers the current raw marriage numbers numbers 10:1

I'd like to get married and have the same thing my parents have with each other. But even though I don't want to end up alone, I'm giving up on this idea.

/Thread

Spbp

Pretty much any girl with good prospects seems to be fighting over the 1% of guys who are chads with brains and money.

All the other guys struggle unless they want to date total messes

1. They get married less
2. 53% and 51% is not so big difference and they also have time for divorce.

Except pretty much every study I've seen has suggested millennials are having less sex, not more.

>has suggested millennials are having less sex, not more.
Compared with the all-time high of the late 80s and early 90s, which is hardly an achievement. It's a drop from an average of around 9 partners to 8, when the lifetime partner count by definition should be 1. In many European countries, the average (!) partner count is in the double digits. That is to say, it's normal to find a young woman who has been on more dicks than years she's been alive.
The only reasons why there's relatively less sex going on (and mind you, this is NOT relatively less promiscuity--the proportion of fornicators has only ever gone up even if the number of chances at fornicating goes down) are because of a decrease in financial solvency and the internet curbing real life interaction.