Perfect Democracy

According to Elon Musk, The lunar government will be a perfect democracy. With people able to vote on most issues with their smart phones.
Does Jow Forums think this would be the ideal form of government.?
The ability of everyone to contribute freely seems quite similar to the chan board system.

Attached: 5961279-pain+op.jpg (1024x1424, 233K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1SOhfHmVsCS
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, Because Some tyrant would be able to manipulate the sudden emotions of the general population in times of crisis in order to pass really stupid and power hungry legislation Gun control being a prime example. You essentially end up with the worst kind of Democracy which is Mass Democracy.

it'll be the "Twitch plays Pokemon" of governments - you're not going to fix the underlying issues of mob rule with technology
if anyone gets control of any servers (which people would have an extremely high incentive to do) they could manipulate the outcome to what they want
there's a degree of legitimacy in knowing that a group of people met in a building to vote for something and that event was recorded on C-SPAN that one can't get from the situation where everyone around the country is simultaneously voting on something and I have very little idea what the outcome is likely to be - polls can and would be manipulated to affect the outcome.

>According to Elon Musk
>Elon Musk
Nobody cares.

I've thought about that also some sort of decent decision based platform tied 2 voter id restricted by ip or carrier could work

If it's good enough for the moon, why can't it work on Earth?
I trust the people more than the politicians. That doesn't say much, but it's still something.

Basing on that logic, Jow Forums wouldn't be able to work because shils and shareble wold infiltrate and destroy it.
One of the strong points here is the democratic form, where a post by a newfag of 7 days is equal a 7yofag. The main determinant is content.
In a perfect democracy like this, it would be easier for citizens to get all sides of the story as opposed to mainstream media controlling the narrative
In this context it matters because
he is basically the top dog in the task of creating a new civilization for humanity that will have it's own political system.

>Basing on that logic, Jow Forums wouldn't be able to work because shils and shareble wold infiltrate and destroy it.
What does it mean to "work"? For most of Jow Forums to be lead astray by JIDF or Stormfront? We have different ideas of what "working" entails.
>The main determinant is content.
And such a system is prone to abuse, especially when you're dealing with issues people actually care about. You want to have a serious discussion? I just make a shit ton of new threads until your thread is pruned - this system is one where he who shouts loudest is actually heard, and he who takes the time to think and specifically write out a post will be forgotten - hence the creation of easily postable and spreadable maymay images.
What spreads here is that which is memetically prone to being spread, not that which is just, correct, optimal, etc (assuming such things exist).
>In a perfect democracy like this, it would be easier for citizens to get all sides of the story as opposed to mainstream media controlling the narrative
>"all sides of the story"
yeah, along with 10 others that didn't happen
vocaroo.com/i/s1SOhfHmVsCS
I trust neither.

Elon Musk is a degenerate weed-smoking loser. He was stoned out of his mind when he said that.

It will work for a while, because everyone will be educated and will share the same belief systems.
As soon as it starts growing in size though, it will go the same way democracy always goes.
Some people won't get their way, they will be upset, and they will try to take what belongs to the others.

>According to Elon Musk
stopped reading ther

Subhuman fucking memeflag. This board literally doesn't work, it is completely compromised. All the worthwhile stuff happens on hidden discords. Not here. Not for years.

the chan board system has an owner and an executive who runs it in the background, his name is hiro. government should function the same way.

>In a perfect democracy like this, it would be easier for citizens to get all sides of the story.
>all sides of the story
Imagine a world where there are millions upon millions of people who are politically illiterate all of them are potential voters. Then they get a sudden notification on there phone telling them there was a mass shooting by a Jewish boi at a Madden NFL event and the causation of what happened is not fully known and "Now This" puts out a 4-minute video that is intensely skewed towards more gun control with a sad sap story, many other media outlets do the same. These politically illiterate people then swipe right on they're phones like its just another hook up on Tinder! That's the political system the Musk is proposing its absolutely moronic. I'd rather these illiterate dumb fuck lazy bums is forced to go to a Voting booth 4 miles away from they're homes that way the laziest among them won't bother going lessening the overall impact upon the vote.

Attached: Now Shit.jpg (800x800, 28K)

I share your Sentiment exactly

Attached: time Magazine le 56% face.jpg (800x1054, 96K)

direct democracy is great but it needs to be in person and with a limited franchise.

No.
Unfettered democracy = Mob rule.

Even if vote manipulation/fraud were not a factor, media monopolies creating an echo chamber of only one side being heard and getting their propaganda into the heads of the masses is just one factor that makes democracy an illusory system.

direct democracy is a horrible system of government though, most people don't have the time or intelligence to make an educated decision on most issues, that's the whole reason we have a representative system and electoral college in the first place, to avoid mob rule. To paraphrase one of my favorite movies, a person is smart, people are stupid.

I don't think humans can live without trusting someone. We are a social species. It's just a question of who, and punishing those who betray it.

lunar democracy
is there end to what amerimutts believe in ?
if nasa said they located gigantic transexual on venus you guys would go around looking at sky and jack on it

Ancap or bust

>electronic, WIRELESS voting
That is as far from a democracy as you could get.

according to Plato democracy is the 4th worst system (out of 5), I happen to agree.

Yes lets make people make important decisions after watching a youtube video because they dont have the time to look into thd issues

He should stop smoking weed