Liberals say 90% of carbon tax will be given to Canadians in rebate

>Ottawa required all provinces to put a minimum price on pollution of $20 a tonne of emissions by Jan. 1. Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and New Brunswick have not complied and will have a federal carbon levy on fuels as well as a cap-and-trade style of system for large industrial emitters imposed on them, starting April 1.

>Residents in those provinces will start getting federal rebates on their next tax return to offset the extra costs they will pay for everything from gasoline and groceries to home heating and electricity.

globalnews.ca/news/4585331/liberals-carbon-tax-details/?utm_source=GlobalNews&utm_medium=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1FZDP8VrduF2zLtMU70GXZq7Z6BHLe5VwDDkdPpc7DtZPnf5W3-oJX3XQ

Basic gestalt: Canadian Prime Minister Justin Jagger or Justin Richards or Justin Castro or whoever his mother fucked and got gangbanged by in the 60's is trying to sweetalk all the provinces who outright rejected and want nothing to do with the carbon tax into seeing things his way and going shead with it despite literally almost the entirety of the West outright not wanting it.

Attached: J TRUdeau222.png (592x315, 194K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4874258
youtu.be/OnwPSPkC2j8
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're the same faggot from last night. Go back to your fucking swamp, Shrek.

if he doesn't want air pollution why did he legalize burning plants for fun?

Attached: smart.jpg (675x1200, 57K)

>There are two parts to the federal "backstop" climate program, which will apply in different ways across the country.

>The first part is what the government is calling "a regulatory charge on fuel," which will be levied on gasoline, light fuel oil, natural gas and propane.

>Under the terms of the national climate framework—a deal agreed to by most of the provincesand the federal government roughly two years ago — Ottawa will levy a tax of $20 on everytonne of greenhouse gas emissions starting in 2019, rising by $10 each year to $50 a tonne by 2022.

>According to background documents supplied by the government, the $20-per-tonne carbon tax will result in an approximate cost increase of 4.42 cents a litrefor gasoline, 3.91 cents per cubic metre for natural gas and 3.10 cents a litrefor propane.

>Consumers will not pay the tax directly to the federal government; rather, Ottawa will impose the tax on fuel and production and distribution companies — natural gas providers like Enbridge, for example— which will in turn pass on those costs to customers.

>This federal "backstop"will apply in provinces and territoriesthat do not have adequate climate pricing plans of their own that meet federal standards— that's Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and New Brunswick starting in April 2019, and Yukon and Nunavut as of July 2019.

>The other provinces — Quebec, Alberta, B.C., Nova Scotia, P.E.I.and Newfoundland and Labrador — will meetthe federal benchmark of having a price on carbon of at least $20 a tonne as of Jan. 1, 2019. The federal backstop will not apply in those jurisdictions.

google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4874258

Nice knowing you guys. See you all at the soup line if you haven't killed yourselves before then

Because it was the carrot he dangled in front of everyone to sway the youth vote and he only did it to hide that he has no intention of attending to electoral reform so he can keep the Liberals permanently in power.

The country will balkanize before the 2020's are over

Good! We really need to start taking initiative when it comes to the environment and investing in delevoping greener and more efficient technologies

Meanwhile, he donates $25 million to Africa to help with "sexual aid and education" whilst the native populations don't have access to clean drinking water. Its good to know his priorities for the benefits of his citizens are in thebright place as he treats the population like his personal trust fund.

shut up shill, cunt

Yeah but perhaps with that education they will stop being little savages and actually become a developed nationa instead of rapefugees looking for gibs?

>i dont like your opinion there youre a shill
K thanks for the insightful post m8

CANIDIAN RED PILLS. POST THEM

Attached: 1527964045925.png (921x2544, 666K)

They have absolutely no intention of uilizing any of those funds for their intended purposes and will only ask for more. Otherwise, the money that has been sent to them by other developed nations for that explicit purpose would have curtailed the fact that Nigeria shits out 7 million new starvin' marvins every fucking year, which will undoubtedly rise with this new funding.

What's China's Carbon Tax? They are one of if not the most pollutant country on the entire planet. And where does it stop? Is he gonna charge you individual tax as well because you're composed of carbon?

You cannot be this dense.

SELL SHAW COMMUNIATIONS
BUY EXXON MOBIL

What is the point of taxing the people if you just give it back to them in tax rebates?

He's trying to sweet talk all the provinces who outright rejected the tax into seeing things his way. Basically, everyone doesn't want it and he's gonna go ahead with it because niggers in Africa need to eat.

So he wants to steal some money from the people, and his argument is "I'll give back some of what I steal." What sort of sweet talk is this? Does he have the power to do this unilaterally?

The rebates will not be given back to the same people who paid the taxes. If you pay $2000, you won't get $1800 back. The typical situation will be welfare and low income scumbags paying $200 a year, and getting $1000 in rebates.

Africa is a literal black hole.
$25 million is a pittance compared to what's already gone down that money pit.

Currently, my home province outright rejected it with the previous government. I'm not sure what the current one's stance on it is, but from what I understand and can explain it in a way you can get, its kinda like a state to state thing. Our federal government makes a mandate of some sort but it's up to the province's to either inplement it, make changes as it sees fit or outright refuse it.

This is his way of negotiating. I can only imagine what the response will be.

And it likely will all go to Queerbexico to entice them to remain with the confederation, like they ever fucking contribute anything other than bad French accents and poutine, yet receive $50 billion in (((""""equalization"""""))) payments

The CBC should be fucking cut off the government titty while qe're at it and let the free market decide whether it's worth saving

based and redpilled

they (trudope) and his ex cabinet minister Wynne.Got caught admitting the carbon tax previously was just a scam to get money to create jobs. It had nothing to do with eliminating carbon. AT ALL.

So why is ANYONE fucking looking at this seriously.
Are canadians that fucking dumb?

All this carbon tax is for, is not for carbon emissions. It's to pay for the mass amount of gimmiegrints that are pouring into canada by the millions.

HURR DURR. You dont' have to be canadian to fucking understand this OBVIOUS ruse.

You would think it would be just as sinple as that, the problem with our country is although it has a population of 35 million, over 20 million is concentrated in one small area at the southern tip of Ontario. Our national elections are done and tallied once only two provinces have voted and before the remainder of the countries votes have been counted. Ontario and Quebec, the Terrible Two, are so far and beyond fucking removed from reality that they may as well just stop calling themselves Canada because they plain and simply don't reflect the entirety of the nation's views and goals and drag us down with them. The remainder of the country is too sparsely populated to enact change in any regards.

Tl;dr Nuke Ontario and Quebec.

ya but the fact that the carbon tax was an OUTRIGHT lie. Wynne had to admit this, when doug ford said he was going to scrap it, and find out what the funds were being used for.

She had to go on NATIONAL news and admit that the carbon tax was not for carbon emissions at all. But simply a tax grab and they used that money to create sector jobs.

first..she should be in jail.

But the reality is. Who the FUCK is ever going to believe in a carbon tax after that!!!!!!!!

and why is that asshole trudope still prime minster?
how to the liberals have power when they only have 3 seats?
more questions than answers.

And ontop of that, the majority of immigrants are concentrated there and because it was the Liberals that brought them and baby fed them gibs from day one, you bet your ass they will vote Liberal in perpetuity. It is literally vote importation and demographic replacement.

Give away more and get back less through carbon tax rebates. Carbon tax is a scam.

so offset the carbon tax revenue with other cuts

it's still a good idea to discourage fossil fuel use

you won't do it by taxing fuel

NO ONE is going WEEEEE lets pour all this cheap gas down the drain.

Or are you saying, canadians should be able to drive to a relatives place, or whatever. Unless they are punished for it?

get your head of the sand hippy.
No one is wasting gas. Or cranking the heat in their house so bob marley has a visit.
infact, people are having a hard time just heating their homes, or affording to drive to work
and now you wanna make it more expensive!!! wtf dude.

Ontario and Quebec need to go. The rest of the country does need them because what happens in our capital of Ottawa does not effect people out further west on a day to day basis any more than what happens in any other part of the countey doesn't effect Ottawa, but they dictate the budget and how things are run. People out here have nothing in common with them any more than they have anything in common with us. Both provinces will never stop fighting each other, so they should either be walled off and filled with 10 feet of water or just separate from the rest of the country. But good luck with that because the majority, if not the entirety of the nations budget comes from one province out west and like hell they are gonna let their one and only industrial meal ticket walk away. You show me a Quebec or Ontario that can subside on an auto industry and hydro and I'll show you a Northern Brazil

youtu.be/OnwPSPkC2j8

Our entire national budget is funded by Alberta and its oil. This is not encouragjng anything other than balkanization.

The costs of continued fossil fuel use are even worse. How did humanity survive before fossil fuels were widespread? Guess people will drop like flies if they don't have them anymore.
>hippies
Are smelly degenerates. Environmentalism is still more important than muh economy.

t. brainlet

I bet you have no clue where solar panels come from, do you? Here's a hint: they are affected by tariffs.

>muh fossil fuels bad
>energy independance bad!
>orange man BAD!

>solar panels
are still better than fossil fuels for electricity, even despite the environmental issues of their manufacturing
protecting environment bad! libruls BAD!

That’s retarded roastie emologic
How did humanity survive before antibiotics? Sheer numbers, despite lots of dead babies and death from infection.

Attached: 44643440_10157078534839267_7215228582614794240_n.jpg (960x638, 34K)

Your understanding of energy production and oil and gas is almost entirely from academia kikes. You are literally braindead if you think using natural gas for energy actually impacts the environment.

Solar panels are toxic to make, so their production gets outsourced to China. Relying on china for our energy is SUCH A GOOD IDEA RIGHT?
You regurgitate liberal propoganda designed to cripple the American oil and gas industry, and then call others stupid for calling out your dumb ass.

Open up a book and stop listening to professor goldberg, dumbass.

I miss based Brad, Moe is so boring

My beef with Brad was that he zonked our film industry. For the amount of money it survived on, you could have fixed up to 20 km of highways that have been crumbling since the Romanow era. All that excess cash got reallocated to the new football stadium in Regina as if there was one fucking thing wrong with Taylor Field and it eats up $30 million in upkeep.

And where is China's take in all of this? Are they gonna receive any penalties for any of the excess carbon they shit into the atmosphere? No, because they'll tell Little Potato to go fuck himself while prepping the bull as they continue to colonize Vancouver, finance and sponsor their own politicians and rely on our vast boreal forests to filter out all the excess shit they pump into the atmosphere.

Fucking slants.

>projection
I guarantee I know more about this subject than you, smug faggot. Just fucking try me bitch.
>solar panels
The sum total of environmental impacts of mining, manufacturing and distributing solar panels for residential and commercial power is still a fraction of direct fossil fuel use in power plants for those same purposes.
>natural gas
Fugitive methane emissions are large enough to almost completely offset any advantage of LNG in reducing global warming over other fossil fuels. Renewable sources remain better for that by a wide margin of at least a 70% reduction. Try to prove that wrong. Protip: you can't.

I only trust the guy with the recycle sign to talk about Canadian politics

We've been trying, literally since we found them, to get niggers to stop being baby fucking savages and so far all we've done is flood our countries with them and leave behind some nice ruins for them to live in.

People think Trump was joking when he accused Obama of selling America out to China, yet every single day it becomes increasingly clear that was the case the entire time.

Honestly makes me a bit angry. Like seriously why is my military buying vital server hardware manufactured in fucking China? You can't convince me that those traitorous fucks didn't know China was going to bug the chips. Fucking kikes, man.

Aren't solar panels primarily made of silica and isn't that costly and hazardous to mine?

>I guarantee I know more about the subject than you do
>proceeds to spew propoganda straight from CNN
Only a retard would imply lithium and silicon mining is less damaging to the environment than methane and carbon dioxide emissions. One is the most common organic compound found on earth and the other is literally plant food.

One single volcano eruption emits more of both than an entire century of peak industrial revolution emissions. Local damage to the ecosystem has ALWAYS been a greater concern when talking about pollution.

Know the best way you can help the environment? Neck yourself and save the earth from your methane emissions.

He's either trolling or the newest faggot you can find. A simple glance at a periodic table should answer that question for anyone with half a fucking brain, yet he is going to come back with some bullshit he heard in freshman geology.

Volcanic eruptions produce some of the most mineral richest and fertile soil on the planet.

>Only a retard would imply lithium and silicon mining is less damaging to the environment than methane and carbon dioxide emissions.
Only a retard would imply the opposite actually, considering the greenhouse effect exists and surface warming is happening at a rapid rate.
>One single volcano eruption emits more of both than an entire century of peak industrial revolution emissions.
That's not even true, but you would have to read the words of climatologists or volcanologists to actually know that's wrong.
>Local damage to the ecosystem has ALWAYS been a greater concern when talking about pollution.
They're both important. The damage to the global system requires international action to address. Local issues are dealt with locally, and not nearly enough at that.
>Know the best way you can help the environment? Neck yourself and save the earth from your methane emissions.
I'd rather kill all denialtards sucking corporate cock to keep the current damaging practices going.

And a large enough volcano eruption can flood the upper atmosphere with particles, block the sunlight and reduce the global temperature by drastic amounts. Much more than the so called (((climate scientist))) claim AGW is warming the planet.

Go read about 1816, the so called 'year without summer'. Enough proof right there that not only are our emissions negligible in comparison to the earth's own emissions, but also shows how vital sunlight reaching the surface of the planet affects the global temperature.

But NPCs can't be bothered to spend even a minute doing their own research and expect people to spoon feed them. Drives me insane.

Silicon is one of the most common elements morons. It's literally in fucking sand. Processing it is energy intensive, and the total waste of all of the relevant processes is STILL less than equivalent amount of energy from fossil fuels. Turns out reusable methods of generation are more efficient than one-time use processes that have a long-term impact.

>spouts bullshit
>doesnt back it up
educate yourself
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer

>silicon is more common than carbon and hydrogen
Ok you have to be trolling.

"One of the most common." Jesus Christ it's incredibly abundant. It's not any more hazardous to mine than coal after you consider amounts. How about you making shit up about volcanoes? Average annual eruption emissions are completely outclassed by anthropogenic emissions, by two orders of magnitude. Humans are driving the global climate now, upward in temperature.

>Citations needed

look it up nigger
volcanic emissions: ~200M tons CO2 equivalent per year
anthropogenic emissions: ~40B tons CO2 equivalent per year

Not here to spoonfeed you and not like you faggots had any sources either.

>give onetime rebate to negate the effect on consumer
>of a permanent tax

Attached: 1539620538925.jpg (453x439, 85K)

Yeah, that's what an AIDS infested brain in a girly leader gets you.

Sounds like a sneaky form of wealth redistribution.

Wealthier people burn more carbon and pay more carbon tax. But the rebates will probably be given to everyone equally.
Just another gibs program.

Based as fuck. We need to stop nignogs from breeding, not grant them gibsmedats so they breed more.

If you are giving 90% back why take it in the first place.

so it's wealth redistribution being marketed as environment bullshit
goddamn I hate how stupid Canadians are