Trump still doesn't know how tariffs work

Trump still doesn't know how tariffs work.

Attached: f85ac5c5-b161-48df-901d-2026ab6b18f5[1].png (640x494, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2018/09/28/business/china-censor-economic-news.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do they work specifically?

he does, you don’t
now go hammer a maple tap into your urethra

>we gotta tax those wretched billionaires!
>but we can’t use tarrifs because (generic argument for tax cuts)

Yeah, the president of the United states (and self made billionaire) needs advice from an unemployable NEET on Jow Forums

Regardless if he does or not, watch it work.
It's like the fat retarded kid saying
>watch me do a back-flip
Everyone is like fpfpfpfp ok
Then he fucking does it

Attached: tfwnoface.jpg (1024x768, 88K)

So explain OP. What is he missing?

How they used to work
>Boat sails over from far way full of shit to sell in your land
>when they get to Port the fat rich guy who controls it tells them their goods won't leave the boat until they agree to pay him 25% and a flat fee just to use the port
>Rich Port man is from the government and will just take ur shit if you say no

How they work now
>Chang had 500 rubber ducks he wants to sell to the us.
>He has a telephone and asks his friend ching in the us what the tariff rate is
>He uses this info to change the price of his Amazon listing for a pallet of rubber ducks so that he makes exactly as much as before even after he gives the fat port man his cut.
>Bob in America wants those ducks. He sees the Amazon listing and pays Chang the for the ducks + the cost of the tariff upfront before Chang will even get off his ass and mail those ducks.

Yeah the government is making a ton of money. But they are just getting it from their own citizens. Money is not flooding into the country.

We are just siphoning money from average people to the government.

Wouldn't a normal argument against tarrifs be that they are regressive?

He specifically chose goods that are not price sensetive, so that people would actually pay the tariff. Things that are not price sensetive are usually standard shit that everyone uses like cars(or the steel we use to make cars) that we can't find cheap substitutes for.

Rich people on average don't spend a larger portion of their income on standard things than other people.
>Millionaire buys an 90k luxury car
Vs
>Some one making 60k buys a 40k truck

So they inherently target the poor and middle classes the most.

Isn't that a better argument then taxcuts???

That is unless, there are local duck salesmen who can't beat the chinks price before tariff but he can afterwards. If the chinks wants to make any money he has to eat the difference the cost of dropping his price back below what the local guy can do. In this way, the US government retains some part of the profit that the chink would have otherwise made. In some cases, a tariff is all that is needed to keep foreigners out of the market. While it may make the price of ducks higher, the wealth stays within this country and will help the local duck industry become more efficient

>OP can't even buy a house
>PRESIDENT DOESN'T INTO ECONOMICS REEE

Yeah I trust The President more.

The guy making 60k benefits more from jobs being kept in the US

#rekt

Nice reply, faggot.

My professor said so

Attached: acosted.jpg (261x300, 29K)

Tariffs are paid by the local proprietor in the US. Producers will have to raise prices accordingly. When prices go up, demand falls. This is economics 101, people. Trump isn't the brightest bulb.

Attached: laugh.png (643x537, 231K)

Neither did the Founders. The US government was financed with tariffs and import duties until 1916 when it was switched to a tax on the people.

Tariffs were used to protect the domestic economy. If the people were prosperous they could afford more imports and this enriched the government, if the people were impoverished the imports would lag and funds would dwindle.

Beautiful system.

Lol this is exactly what Communists believe.

My ROI is better than Trumps.

Fucking leaf moron. It's clear you don't

Attached: 1539897686776.jpg (600x527, 68K)

this drumple doodle doo ate two many scoops and now his brain freeze

Attached: 0eda8115001085cca52d7a70638c9664.jpg (512x512, 35K)

>The price of ducks is higher
>more wealth stays in the country

Did you not proof read?

What does wealth even mean to you lol?

What's worth more 500$ in rubber ducks or 500$ in pieces of paper that can be traded for ducks?

>Trump still doesn't know how tariffs work.
Is that why you fuckers tariffed us for milk?

Damn dude you're so smart.

What if instead of taxing income we taxed imports that had a 1 to 1 correlation with imports?

Except that he doesn't, because the jobs that now exist in the us directly comes from his income because he is now paying a price = to this new jobs salary.

Moron, Trump's understanding is correct. When Chang raises the price to make the same amount, it means that a US company has the opportunity to make the product here and undercut Chang's price. Hire American, Buy American. Right now, US companies have to compete against literal slave labor. Whrn company A has a virtually no cost labor force, how can a company who has to pay their work force a decent rate compete? Tariffs. You should consider kys as an escape from your idiocy.

Income has 1:1 correlation with imports*

>He uses this info to change the price of his Amazon listing for a pallet of rubber ducks so that he makes exactly as much as before even after he gives the fat port man his cut

So ching opens a rubber duck factory stateside giving jobs to Americans and now being able to compete with Chang. retard

If the Chinese can produce the ducks more cheaply than Americans can, there's usually a reason. Maybe that rubber is more plentiful there? Trade under capitalism makes it possible for everyone to take advantage of any potential benefits of an international division of labor.

Note that this is a point many of my comrades disagree with me on, so please bear with me.

Only a retard would post this.

>Trump is a self made billionaire
I can't handle this level of trolling

Ok. Let's walk through this together.

Let's say that our domestic producer of ducks, now backed by the government, can now compete.
All they have to do is sell ducks at a price lower than China's old price + 25%.

Assuming that they were selling ducks at China's price +10% before, they can either keep their prices the same or raise prices to = China's price + 20% and still undercut china.

You with me so far?

WHY WOULD WE WASTE OUR MONEY BUYING YOUR SHITTY POISONOUS PLASTIC DUCKS YOU FAGGOT CHINK

Tariffs prevent dumping by foreing governments dumbshit.

CHINA IS DESTROYING THE PLANET AND MUST BE DEFEATED BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

Enjoy your $75 milk faggot

Attached: young-girl-raking-outside-toy-rake-helping-yard-fall-her-64287588.jpg (957x1300, 237K)

High Tariffs are the reason we used to have no income taxes and became an industrial powerhouse

God I miss them

>If the Chinese can produce the ducks more cheaply than Americans can, there's usually a reason. Maybe that rubber is more plentiful there? Trade under capitalism makes it possible for everyone to take advantage of any potential benefits of an international division of labor.
OR MAYBE SLAVE LABOR AND LEAD PAINT IS MORE PLENTIFUL THERE YOU FUCKING FRONTAL LOBE LACKING TROTSKYNIGGER

Japanon, I thought your country frowned upon nuking people? That poor bastard had a family!

based english teacher

Attached: 1389287482233.png (692x697, 597K)

So this is a tax on the rich importers then? About time we made them pay their fair share instead of just giving them those tax cuts.

Wrong.
> The US buys 25% of all the ducks produced in the world.
> China can't sell all their ducks that they once made.
> US buys half made ducks from Mexico and manufacture them here to sell domestically.
> meanwhile China's 100billion+ investment in infrastructure to create ducks as good as the Unite States devalues as they struggle to offload their worthless ducks.

The United States even buying their ducks is a huge factor people overlook as the US is the largest consumer of everything.

Attached: 1539461332520.jpg (566x800, 305K)

I swear to god, Jap posters keep it quaet untill they have opertunity to post some post that is good bantz and will get a lot of replies other than that they don't.
Anyhow BASED ENGRISH TEACHER!

He says right there they are a threat to get a good deal. Who is to say they are worse then a bad deal.

>man has to buy rubber ducks
Are libtards really that fucking retarded?

He's too retarded understand that the next step is "local producer can now make a profit creating rubber ducks, thus the local rubber duck industry booms".

What if they are happy to destroy the planet while they bribe foreign politicians into implementing insane environmental regulations everywhere else? What if they called it something like the kyoto protocol?

Deep State Fucked up Big League!!

Tried to get their funding source back and FAILED.

Attached: Khashoggi-DeepState-SaudiCoup.png (654x1010, 113K)

(((george webb))) sucks

Trade wars are hard to win... if you're canada.

Attached: 1528489845653[1].png (958x780, 847K)

Attached: 1534747903946.jpg (480x449, 18K)

The real problem is that things in china are made with stolen IP which shortcuts R&D costs. Of course things are cheaper when you just ripoff the design.

Ok maple nigger.

He’s just pissed Canadas not fleecing us more due to tarrifs. The whole world’s essentially the same. As another poster stated U.S. had hell of protectionist tarrifs for most of it’s history. A bunch of upperclass heb suckling ultralibertarian shills means shit for the argument probor anti tarrif. Most of the entire fruckin earth has tarrifs. Because more matters in the long than whether you can get cheapass plastic shit at the local ultramart nor if some jew can make .01% more shekels per pallet of goods.

insects btfo

This isn’t correct
This is a straight shill

If you ship goods to another nation that nation will take a tax depending on what type of goods. There is a schedule for everything. These taxes are altered for various reasons

Trump went to the herbert hoover school of tariffs.
A president who knows nothing about economics, started a trade war which hurt farmers so he put them on welfare with money he's borrowing from the countries he started the trade war with; while putting bankers in charge of the economy and industry insiders at the head of the federal agencies established to regulate their businesses.
WINNING
Globalist BAD
Nationalist GOOD

Attached: 20181023-174757.png (666x566, 344K)

You dumb cunts still haven’t figured out that this is the new assault on the rest of the world.

The US, for all it’s might, can’t beat China in a conventional war. Ever.

When’s the last time they actually won a war anyway?

The only option is trade because they can’t bully the insect people. There’s fucking billions of them

Jewish tricks

...buy a duck from someone else

Attached: 1533113347445.jpg (800x800, 325K)

Why are we not arming Japan with Gundams and letting them take care of the eternal chink?

Where do you want capital redirected from to invest in a duck factory? What happens to your duck factory when tariffs disappear in 2 years?

Seems he does, it's the CANADIANS who are getting ass raped by tariffs, and we're gonna crash your food supply with no survivors, Chang.

China isnt cheaper since you have to ship the ducks costing the Chinese government a lot more money. So tariffs are a tax on both Chinese and American citizens fighting for production aka trade war.

China will lose this as their economy is already based upon subsization. All the US has to do is bring their offshore companies back from China and they lose. Of course the corporations hate this but they have no choice in the matter. Its why the stock market is crashing but the actual economy of the USA is booming.

>leaf

Attached: bO674Jfki.jpg (612x612, 87K)

That is bullshit, neither could effectively make a large scale landing on the others shore.

China started this trade war by refusing to lower their tariff rates after the WTO rebuilt China after WW2. Of course the US government was in on it, American corporations were in on it and the American people were suckers. I'm glad billionaire Trump is a populist that doesn't need their chink money. Hes going to crash China if they don't accept US imports.

Teach us how to win

Attached: 1540270393434.jpg (719x393, 84K)

>the actual economy of the USA is booming.
how's that cost of living doing for (You).

china has been producing goods for export for decades. that ship isn't going to turn around ever.
ruso-sino relations will keep the u.s. in this position until economic collapse.
trump is hurting the american consumer. no one else.

>now go hammer a maple tap into your urethra
this

I read on my twitter from multiple verified accounts that tariffs are actually hurting the economy and jobs. Maybe you need to learn how they work.

I work in the construction sector and it is completely fucking up budgets that have been years in the making. They have a second round coming up as well.

>this

Small minds cannot see the big picture. Also, leftists and commies are inherrantly greedy by nature and only $ee how much monie$ they can $teal in any $ituation. $ound (((familiar)))?

Attached: this.gif (300x186, 446K)

>bob faget

It sucks, but I'm not gonna cry over an industry built on speculation and hiring illegal aliens getting hurt.
It sucks for fellow American construction-bros getting hurt, but the entire country has been hurting for a decade and this is what is needed to fix it.

next step in the trumponomic tariff blunder is a global currency war, a trade war fought with devaluation rather than tariffs.

Friday August 10, 2018, the Labor Department reported that US consumer prices jumped by the most in a decade in July, flattening real US wage growth. The core measure of the Consumer Price Index, which excludes food and fuel, rose 2.4% from a year earlier, the biggest advance since September 2008.
The CPI [Consumer Price Index] is one of the fastest indices to respond to change. Watch it and confirm for yourselves.

Attached: Dp1uQIeUUAA8.png (333x333, 134K)

Tariffs make products more expensive to produce in China. How will they win when domestic products in the USA will replace them?

shut up chinky
we dont need you
will it make us poorer in terms of consumer goods? I FUCKING HOPE SO

Attached: consumption.png (698x521, 726K)

This is correct. China's biggest trading partner is the US. The US has more than enough man power to develop their final products, and more than enough GDP to afford them
China has the man power to build them, but they don't have the GDP to purchase them.

The war was always being fought, china has been devaluing for decades. The only difference is americas strategy no longer being unconditional surrender

Yes excluding food and fuel meaning we are winning. Hows that self imposed oil embargo going for you? Hows that self imposed agriculture embargo going for China? Face it China is a paper tiger that is on life support exports.

>when domestic products in the USA will replace them?
yes, when the caravan of central americans will make them here in the u.s. for below minimum wages.

So pretty much the same as the Turkish coup attempt.

Get some people in Turkey to aid in your coup, they get killed, the end.

what did you chinks mean by this?
nytimes.com/2018/09/28/business/china-censor-economic-news.html

thank you blessed nippon
quintessentially Japanese.

Hundreds of millions? HAHA. Trump has given saudi everything they wanted, military deals, free pass at war, billions of dollars from oil deals and more billions seized from the past regime.

Deep state is retarded no wonder they beat him up and killed him.

>china has been devaluing for decades.
and that is why american business moved to china.
that is irreversible. china/russia vs u.s. odds favor the former.

MR. WEST: But when we make everything in China and not in America, then we’re cheating on our country and we’re putting people in positions to have to do illegal things to end up in a cheapest factory ever: the prison system.
pic related.

Attached: DpRKTyrVsAAujHU.jpg (675x1200, 115K)

right now brazil is buying up s-o-y beans from the u.s. and selling it for profit to china.
EMBARGO.
KEK.

Attached: NglonatPC.png (333x333, 129K)

China is a currency manipulator. Trump won't save it yet as he still believes China will give up. So give up!

So Chang passes on the extra cost from the tariff to the consumer. You realize this is exactly what happens when libtards ree and say we need to soak the big companies, right?

Are you implying production can only be acquired using slave labor? With automation on the rise America will enslave robots to work for us over migrants then. Nice try at demoralization it nearly worked!

America being the worlds manufacturing hub as a multi culture racial experiment was what made the world interesting. Now the world is following this model making this planet boring. I remember watching nat geo as the world had different cultures and people and now its all one blob of capitalism.

I think he understands that tariffs suck. He’s probably using his pro tariffs tweets to make our enemies think he’s serious. They’ll cave and lower their tariffs on us.

Chang sells fewer ducks because fewer Americans feel like shelling out the inflated cost of ducks.

sound like a quick way to correct the american dollar and adjust it to its inflation,

As opposed to siphoning it from the people and into the chinese government... Wow really makes me fucking think, you dumb nigger.

I like you.

>Americans won't buy as many inflated ducks
So we made Americans poorer. Because wealth is and can only be measured based on the amount of crap you can buy with it.

So Americans can purchase less ducks. They have become poorer. Same with chang.

America is China's biggest customer, but china is our favorite supplier.

How is it a good idea to stab both of us and then demand money?

>hurrr muh gdp and material goods matters more than the health of my nation