What does Jow Forums think of college?

Currently a high school senior and applying to college. What areas of the US are alright and have less faggots?
Currently looking at South (schools like Duke and Vanderbilt since tryharded in school and getting medical paper published) since I've lived in Jersey for the past 5 years and am sick of (((them)))
Any suggestions?

Attached: 111111111.jpg (1440x1406, 507K)

Other urls found in this thread:

captaincapitalism.blogspot.com/2018/10/the-maddening-epidemic-of-slowness.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go military for 4 years. Then go to college for free. Make sure you are an Aircraft Mechanic, and afterwards go to be an engineer.

You should also get into carbon fiber. Learn how to make car parts with carbon fiber, and learn paint/body as well. Learning how to paint cars will also transfer to Aircraft.

Once all of this is done you'll be ready to be an Aircraft Carbon Fiber Engineer.

Salary: $500k a year.

Good luck.

Don’t bury yourself in school debt whatever you do. It’s difficult to decide on what you would like to do so early in life. I like the military option as well. But most employers don’t give a fuck about where you get the degree. Good luck man

Thanks user, will seriously consider this since maths and physics have been my best subjects so far. Parents are immigrants from EU so idk if they'd be on board with it and I'm basically dependent upon them until I get my own decent job

>Don’t bury yourself in school debt whatever you do

this has to be the 2nd most important thing behind not getting a meme degree.

look at in state non private schools. consider going to community college for a while and then transferring. apply for scholarships like it's a part time job. a lot of people don't bother with scholarships that are only a few $100 but if you get $2k worth of scholarships and it took you 50 hours to do it, you're basically paying yourself $40/hr.

I have a high school degree and make more than the vast majority of the fags here ama

Attached: pepespinchair.gif (600x600, 203K)

Utterly useless but applications get immediately binned if you don’t have muh formal education. I got a BS in Finance and never once used it. I sell property and casualty insurance and have done much better than my friends that tried to do securities.

>this
Don’t fall for the big party school meme. Giant public universities are overpriced if you’re just getting a fairly generic degree. The only reason you would ever go to a big public university is if you’re STEM. If you want just a business degree, go to a smaller directional state school. It will be a third of the price for the identical degree.

>go to the middle east and be a grease monkey

Wow is that the white power?

nice meme

Former military aircraft mechanic here. It's literally the best job (enlisted) in the army, and as long as you get your license it's pretty easy to get work afterword. Plus you get the gi bill. Only downside is most aviation jobs in the army have a 6 year minimum contract.

>Go military for 4 years
This, unironically. And ironically.
They'll put you through school, give you the real world experience and networking you need to get your foot in the door (service record won't hurt either), and pay you to do it, all while your expenses are next to nothing. They'll feed you, clothe you, put a roof over your head, and give you healthcare, better insurance and loan rates, and free travel anywhere in the world for the rest of your life.
And all you have to do is support other people who fight and die for (((Israel))).

>What does Jow Forums think of college?

They used to be centers for higher learning and general academics/research.

But like all other things, they have been infiltrated and corrupted to serve a new purpose.

Attached: acedemia3.jpg (600x1109, 568K)

Went to a state college and studied engineering and got me ahead in life. My parents paid for my tuition, without it I would be working with the illegals in a blue collar job.

Its not a meme my friend, fighting for your best ally is litterally what makes americans so based

Be sure to make a double trip and get your legs blown up, so you can replace them with ironman-esque prosthesis

Attached: 1540175520302.gif (367x219, 523K)

Duke is all Asians and Vanderbilt is cucked, worked at both those hospitals they're fucked

>I didn't go to college and make more than
>I didn't study and
>Look at this stack of money
It's really easy to get a job without a degree when daddy can get a free spot for you in his business.

STEM and business degrees are good but social and liberal arts degrees are basically worthless.

>high school
>degree
How??

shhhhh dont reveal my nepotism RREEEEEEEEEEEEE

Trade School.
Texas and Arizona are good options. Just stay the hell away from Austin and San Antonio.

Community College is fucking easy and if you take AP classes the transferable credits will get rid of a lot of General Ed. My friends who went to 4 years are having a blast but have to retake all of the stuff they did in high school.

CC is super easy and getting good grades ain't a problem. Literally, pay a third of the price or lower, get the transfer and get the fuck outta there.

STEM and business might be good degrees depending on the field you want to go in. Literally everything thing is trash-tier.

I didnt finish college. Landed 125k salary before 30. Couldve done that sooner if I started my IT career earlier.

>implying nepotism is bad
thanks dad for this sick $130k a year job that only requires a high school diploma

College was never needed, and shouldnt be needed unless you are aiming for a specific job like doctor or lawyer or some shit.

Its become a place to purchase a class upgrade, which is why its increasingly worthless for both education and upward mobility, and more and more replication crises are emerging

My degree got me a cushy job in the government where I do jack shit but browse Jow Forums all day, build up a nice pension, and get great health insurance for under $30 a month.

Funny I was just promoted to managing my department overseeing all the engineers for a Pharmaceutical/ Biomedical Engineering company. Not gonna say which one. I don’t have a degree. I even talked to my CEO and he said he has worked with other CEO’s and high level operators that don’t have degrees as well. If you have leadership skills and the drive to succeed and perform above and beyond is all he cares about. He did admit a lot of large companies will not even look at your resume if your trying to get a job without a drgree. They just have the time to screen everyone. He also acknowledged that there are probably great canidates that get passed over for that reason alone. I left one of the big three for a small company for that reason. I suggest to everyone find a company you can grow with if you don’t have a degree and work your way up as they grow and you will grow along side them.

>statistically
You are fucked either way. You are less fucked with a decent degree even if it requires student loans, as a high school diploma is worthless. Try to avoid as much debt as possible even while you are in school.

>anecdotally
My masters degree gave my life focus and opportunity. It allowed me to gain the skills and develop the connections that have set me on a path working at the headquarters of a corporate juggernaut. Next week I start a six fig position working from home doing work I love.

>personal conclusion
Skills and connections are what matter in life, not a piece of paper. Work on developing skills that are in demand, and work on getting to know people that will pay you for those skills. University will allow you to pay to develop both, but if you can do so without it then you'll probably be fine.

Nepotism isn't wrong, who am I to judge you or your mom's husband to get you into your meme job.

You're lucky, which 90% of us aren't and need to study to even dream getting that far. So yeah, degree is worth it if your dad isn't a rich cuck ready to pamper you with free money.

Lol Duke is all Jews. Idk about Vanderbilt but most private schools are Kiked, even in the south. Of all the southern private schools however, Duke and Emory are probably the most Kiked.

>job
>investments

pick one

You 18 and don’t know what the fuck you want. If you believe you do, it is likely you will change in the future. That’s why I vote for the military route. Get some life experience first with some good benefits and jumping off point for your future endeavors.

if you major in the sciences and want a fall back plan in case you cant get into a good med/grad school or phd program right away make sure to work in a lab during undergrad. i dont mean take a class with a lab im talking about actually working as a research assistant for one of your professors. there are lots of available research assistant jobs at various universities that require a BS as well as actual lab experience. most people dont get the lab experience which means they arent qualified for these jobs and most people who get the lab experience immediately enter gradschool/phd programs/med school leaving lots of open spaces. If you dont get into the program of your choice you can instead get one of these jobs and youll make decent money (about 50k a year). eventually your name will get onto a few papers youll get a good recommendation from your PI and youll get into a good med/grad school or phd program

I you can get though with no (or minimal) denbts with a decent major it's probably worth it

Attached: 1539719270758.jpg (560x577, 35K)

You honestly believe you can make $500k as a design engineer? Come on man

t. kike
Stop shilling low IQs into joining the ZOG army

You can go to college for free without going to the military idiot. O wait you did garbage in high school because you are sub 80 IQ.

also 100% of the people who have degrees in stem and complain about how they cant find work in their field did not work in a lab during undergrad

You can become a Physician assistant in the military and get your med school paid for. This is a huge incentive if you want to be a DO. I know a guy who has this option. He will be making a physician salary (350-400k) with little to no debt

Same. Not just anyone can do this though remember the majority need something to go on (degree) because they cannot do anything. Think about most of the people you work with, notice how most of them seem totally useless?

I meant 250K-400k

I’m debating dropping out of school. I’m going to college for a liberal arts degree but I work in mortgage banking which I was able to get in with basically a high school diploma. I make 60k a year going to school part time.

Social skills, a good face and being well spoken can get you pretty far in life

Totally false. 75-90k if you're lucky

This is actually pretty good advice and has saved my ass. I've managed to get a decent programming position in a lab because of it.

College is worth it if you don't fuck around and develop real tangible skills and have a plan. Look at STEM. Develop a solid understanding of science topics, math, programming, computers and get good at writing, communication and your social skills. Intern, network and get to know and work with professors. Read wide across non-STEM subjects as well. Develop a core, unique and employable set of skills that abide with your interests. Look up the Japanese concept Ikigai.

Haha you are an idiot, kid... get out of your parents basement and enjoy college. You will learn it's not all faggots and (((them))) out there... lots of niggers however. Nothing you can do about that

You don't need to get into massive debt at college. I make 85k+, have less than 20k in debt and I only went to a shitty state school.

It’s a program specifically for physician assistants. It’s shortened and cheaper

>Liberal Arts
Non-intellectual goyim

Go to school and learn something that will help you get ahead. Know where you're going and have a plan to get there, even if you don't yet know the way. Listen to smart people and ignore dumb people.

this is what i did. i graduated with a 3.4 gpa which was enough to get into grad school but not a good one so i took a research assistant job. Its not as high paying as if i went into industry however the research assistant job will facilitate getting into a really good phd program

I never wanted to be an intellectual. Living inside your head is a symptom of cuckoldry

I wasn't given any money you hue, I was a given a job, with a company my father doesn't own you can stay buttmad though. How do you post from a favela anyway?

Fair suggestion for avoiding debt. Chinese government scholarship. 2 years of free language training and them university degree. You get a monthly stipend, textbooks, crappy shared dorm and tuition paid for for all 6 years (also if you want to do a master's).
If it's not for you I get it. But I had a great time and just did the 2 years of language training.

Work hard and be proactive. Hindsight is 20/20.
Think about what future you of 5 years from now would want you to do.

No I mean you start as a PA and go to med school to be a doctor. Also PAs make 90K-100K starting you retard

Rutgers

>60k yr banker
your small fish in the banking world your gonna get laid off the next time theres a market crash. why did you pick such a slimey job without any job security?

>Given a job
>I-It's not the same as free money
>My dad doesn't own it tho
>You can stay buttmad
>Proceeds to try to trigger me using my flag
You couldn't sound more upset if you tried.
Like I said, nepotism isn't wrong, if your relatives can carry your ass for you, go for it.

Yeah man my 80 hours a week of manual labor is free money. It must suck to not only be born into a third world country, but also to shitty parents who can't help you secure your future. I truly feel sorry for you.

This was my route, finished my science transfer in 2 terms thanks to ass ton of AP credits. Got a tech job making ~58k at 20 yo, they help me pay for my EE 4yr degree. Going to finish at 23 with years of work exp in the industry, 40-50k in savings and a new car. All without leaving my parents basement. Don't neglect CC college, it's cheap and you don't have to give the Jews money if you save on rent by living with Mommy and Daddy.

jason bond is that you?

Attached: jasonbondpicks.png (440x642, 446K)

Go work a regular manual labor job for a year or so before you start college. It will open your fucking eyes and make you a far better student. I recommend working on an oil rig like I did. It will make you one brutal, hardworking, mean mother fucker if you stick with it for awhile.

It’s free money though right? I don’t earn my wage?

Attached: C2614B75-009F-46DE-9EB2-17F7F7C879E3.png (640x1136, 74K)

I’m 21 years old I’m just starting out

you got a recommendation from your dad and as a result you got the job right? whether or not its right or wrong it is still nepotism. regardless im curious what industry makes 130k a yr with just a highschool diploma

Look at ROTC before joining out of college. Job prospects for me weren’t looking too hot right out of school so I my option was enlist and stay enlisted or enlist and then attend OCS but for what you sound like I think going in to the services while at college plus majoring in a STEM field is not a bad way to set yourself up for success at all.

Medical imaging installations, all the money is in the per diem, overtime, and travel time. Yeah I was recommended by my father, then the division I originally was working in got shut down and out of 50 guys they kept me and 5 others, they fired the guy that hired me and my father knew.

School is a scam.

12 years of training only prepares to you to work at McDonalds.

That's 12 years of time where a person can learn the fastest, and it's completely wasted.

Wouldn't it make sense to spend that 12 years learning something useful?

Attached: school.jpg (283x178, 8K)

what was your major? if it was in stem did you work in a lab?

Dude why you trying so hard to personally attack me while diminishing the free job it was handled to you by whoever it was. It's a free job.
But yeah, living in a third world sucks, my parents did their best though, that's why I can just talk shit with you here in english, and thanks to their education I got a scholarship in one of the best universities in hue.

Would I prefer if they were rich folks to give me a free job without me needing to bust my sorry ass studing dreaming of one day getting out of this shithole and bringing them with me?
Yeah, I would gladly switch with you.

Attached: 1501508661945.jpg (449x442, 122K)

Also where are your parents from (just nation wise? and you don’t need to get specific with ethnicity/locality)

College only gets a bad rap from retards who were too dumb and too immature to attend — but since basically all but top 100 colleges let in anyone who applies, anyone can “go to college”

Anyways, go to the best college you can get into and study computer science, engineering or accounting, or finance. Guaranteed cushy $70k base salary when you graduate

>nepotism

>Don't engage in nepotism! Nepotism is really bad! Paying fair wages and hiring your own people is the worst thing you could ever do!
>Instead, use your church's Christian Refugee Ministry to bring in brown and black 3rd world people to work at your company!

Behold, white men everyone! And they wonder why all of their countries are descending into Islamic / Cartel-owned and operated 3rd world hell holes.

Attached: the anon i quoted.jpg (811x628, 50K)

so you install xrays cat scans mris etc at hospitals and clinics? thats an interesting career seems pretty comfy although i guess that stuff can be heavy

I was actually a marketing major and a psychology minor. My student loans were actually very minimal because I was on scholarship but the employment opportunity wasn’t there without spending yet more time and money on grad school getting and my masters.

i didnt say nepotism was bad i merely pointed out that it was an example of nepotism. i think nepotism can be either good or bad. on the one hand nepotism can take the form of passing down a trade through the family which is definitely good on the other it has the potential to crash a company if the company gets passed down to someone who is completely inept which is bad and then theres everything in between. I think anons example was neutral on the moral scale. doesnt seem like he hurt the company or prevented someone more qualified from getting the job but medical imaging installations also doesnt seem like something that counts as a family trade

Yes I install those. It's far from comfy it's fucking brutal but I make about as much as you can with a high school diploma so that's what I do. I do get to travel the country/world but don't get to see any of it outside of hospitals. It's not a bad gig just crazy hours and zero free time.

did you work in a psychology lab during undergrad doing animal research?

>That's 12 years of time where a person can learn the fastest, and it's completely wasted.
Reminds me of a saying, "A chain is only as good as its weakest link." There's a lot of weak links. A lot of mediocre people. These are people who don't do things right the first time, or ever. They never get better. They're also pretty slow.

captaincapitalism.blogspot.com/2018/10/the-maddening-epidemic-of-slowness.html

Software Engineer at a Financial institute- 135,000. No bachelors

hey your making 6 figures and dont have college debt youll be able to retire early if you plan properly definitely worth it

If you want a challenge, then study physics. I did, and I think it is the hardest major in college. The reward of getting a physics degree is knowing that you can do any major because none of them come close to rigor of physics. We score the highest on the MCAT and the BAR Maybe graduate level mathematics.

Iowa or Nebraska.

Tennessee is best. Thank me later.

Suck the state's dick harder, fag.

If you make your living off other people's taxes, you are the problem.

you dont go to college just looking for a challenge you fool you go to college to learn about something you r interested in which may or may not turn out to be challenging

Does your degree begin end with 'ology'? If so, college is not worth your time
> Exception Geology if you proceed to learn how to divine oil from the ground or some shit.
If your degree comes from the college of humanities and the social sciences, you're wasting your time.

You should seriously consider the trades. You can fucking read about computer science, you can't read about welding. Welders and Computer scientists make about the same entry level.

Pretty decent blogpost.

I'd say having completed a Secondary education and a few semester of University is enough to be successful. I'm an MD, but haven't practiced yet because i can make good money online. Can make up to 7,5k-10k a month "working" from my bed and just working 5-7 hrs max a day (including weekends).

thats where your wrong if you major in an "ology" and work as a research assistant for one of your professors during undergrad you are basically guaranteed a job after college. 90% of people dont work in the labs and those who do at least 75% immediately go onto grad/medschool or a phd program leaving a lot of research assistant/lab manager job openings

Businesses degree here...instant qualification to almost any industry. I make sick figures.

This is is not true. I’m a welder. I made 15 an hour starting out. Computer scientist make like fifty grand a year. Any way, I’ve literally never had any debt and make a pretty comfortable income, 21 an hour

You got pretty sick digits there too.

> sick figures

Do military, trust me, a few crap years for lifelong status

it was a pretty rough schedule though which is why most people dont do it. for me i was in the lab everyday 4-6 hours a day including weekends/holidays for a month then i would get 1 week off on top of a full course load

Physics is the best degree out there. The most challenging and can easily work as an engineering, or data scientist on wall street.