Jow Forums has NPCs all wrong

Jow Forums derides NPCs as individuals with no inner thought, but did you know only 20% of people actually have an "inner voice" or see thoughts as images? A good chunk of people have virtually no thoughts.
psychologytoday.com/us/blog/pristine-inner-experience/201110/not-everyone-conducts-inner-speech

I'm one such person. Here's the question: why is that bad?

I guarantee your inner voice almost never does you any good. It probably causes 90% of your suffering as you ruminate about things. It stokes your anger, your hatred, makes you feel like shit about choices in the past, makes you worry about things yet to be.

Maybe we have this NPC thing all wrong. The people who have tons of inner thoughts are the people controlled by forces external to them. Your happiness is at the mercy of a bank crash or cancer diagnosis, but if one has few thoughts and a disciplined mind, happiness is the only thing they can know. Jesus said as much: worry not bout the morrow.

Why doesn't Jow Forums simply stop thinking so much and learn to discipline their minds via meditation?

Attached: NPC-header-1-640x480.jpg (640x480, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pCofmZlC72g
npc.eu5.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I can switch my thoughts on and off. Best skill I ever learned. People who live with a voice constantly talking to them are one step away from schizophrenia

correct friend, we are the majority that makes us better! Meditate on how our anger is only stoked when orange man does and we have to be given thinking points spoonfed to us from media

Attached: 86s1610ntjm11.png (416x435, 114K)

how can you discipline your mind if you don't have an internal monologue?
you're at the mercy of your emotions and instincts, barely above an animal

The unexamined life is simply not worth living

NPCs are most of people, the Pareto principle applies here.

>you're at the mercy of your emotions and instincts, barely above an animal
Having a disciplined mind means not being at the mercy of those either, and why would one need an inner voice to discipline their mind? Do you feel like you need an inner voice to remind you to brush your teeth?

Having an inner voice does not mean leading an examined life. Life is best examined in silent contemplation, since thought cannot accurately comment on the ineffable.

Jow Forums is filled with NPCs too. Anyone governed by their thoughts

>use botnets to spam a meme study 24/7
>autists believe it

everytime

Attached: they drown em in that shit.jpg (389x518, 51K)

I'm intp and when I'm not thinking about something I'm overanalyzing my mistakes and/or blaming myself for procrastination. I'm constantly thinking. Sometimes i look like an autist to anyone that notices because I'm so in my mind that I start twiddling my fingers and stare at them for long periods of time without moving

I asked my 3 year old son if he hears something when he thinks, he said "my voice!" Thank Christ.

Attached: 1537583643200.png (200x228, 37K)

This pic explains NPCs better then I ever could

Attached: 1539647676568.jpg (1546x1222, 1.7M)

>best bit
>Bernard Baars, one of the leading researchers in consciousness science, says:

Human beings talk to themselves every moment of the waking day. Most readers of this sentence are doing it now. It becomes a little clearer with difficult-to-say words, like ‘infundibulum' or ‘methylparabine'. In fact, we talk to ourselves during dreams, and there is even evidence for inner speech during deep sleep, the most unconscious state we normally encounter. Overt speech takes up perhaps a tenth of the waking day; but inner speech goes on all the time.

Meditation reduces inner speech, many studies support this. Rather than having a negative effect, reducing inner speech also seems to enhance concentration, well-being, and job=performance.

tl;dr: everyone should reduce their inner-speech

Attached: buddhism.jpg (1920x1280, 298K)

Me and my 37 voices disagree.

NPCs can't even visualize they are flying over a city with a cool cyberpunk soundtrack. Shame on you.

Congratulations user!

Thanks life expert!

I found this picture chased away my inner speech. I think Im a yogi now.

Satan, tell me how to shut my voices off, I've been having the worst political debate for 25 years!

Attached: eye pulled pepe.jpg (1250x1250, 225K)

You are a follower of boobism now.

My inner-speech is telling me that we should kill people like you.

Does your inner speech shout a lot? Maybe tell you that burning things is cool?

What do you mean that you don't have it OP? Isn't this just thinking? Are you saying you don't think?

Altogether now, Ummmmmmmmmmm...

Attached: o1_1280.jpg (683x1024, 102K)

it tells me how retarded you are, cuck

Yes, it says to burn the synagogues and put the kikes in ovens

Kind of pointless because it requires happiness in the moment (not long term happiness/fulfillment) to be the end goal of ones efforts

the whole idea of the NPC meme being a litteral interpretation of that study is pretty retarded. It's just a tool to trick people who lack self awareness into reflecting upon themselves.

When i win the MegaMillions those titties gonna be in my face.

Attached: 2ko1uc.jpg (500x607, 54K)

Even before all this NPC stuff I never believed any of us have true free will.. nice that more people will talk about it now in relation to these memes.

youtube.com/watch?v=pCofmZlC72g

Attached: 1527889741371.png (200x267, 83K)

Attached: 1540236723604.jpg (1059x882, 71K)

>only 20% of people actually have an "inner voice" or see thoughts as images

this can't be real. How do you navigate life without inner dialogue

no Jow Forums tells you what an npc is.. Jow Forums is always right you sir are wrong

Guys! Guys!

If WE are the NPCs and the "so called" NPCs are right? I mean, all they want is peace between different people...

Attached: 778.gif (2048x2048, 1.46M)

Attached: whydoyounotunderstandwhatisay - Copy.jpg (347x1023, 23K)

>Why is that bad
"Just be a mindless drone who consumes. Never trust your inner voice, it's just a demon manipulating you even though it's you."

Fuck off.

said the NPC

yep, said the NPC to the other NPC.

hi

Sorry, I'm not an NPC.

that's what they all say

Attached: Beta Golem.jpg (1000x500, 139K)

>only 20% of people actually have an "inner voice" or see thoughts as images

What the fuck

Attached: 1525224219933.png (225x225, 7K)

I mean it's more voluntary. If I need to problem-solve, I "turn it on", but my normal condition, at rest, is that there isn't any verbal thought or imagery, just a sense of presence. It is much better than dealing with a nagging inner-voice that causes problems 98% of the time. It took practice to get that way for me. You can function for most tasks without thinking. In fact, thinking is a distraction in most instances, which is why athletes get "in the zone".

Attached: 15403.jpg (347x1023, 120K)

NPC Meme Generator, just uploaded today
npc.eu5.org/

Attached: npc_meme_generator.jpg (879x826, 150K)

Who is (((they)))?

>Kind of pointless because it requires happiness in the moment (not long term happiness/fulfillment) to be the end goal of ones efforts
There is no such thing as long-term happiness apart from happiness in the moment.

If you made a list of all the things you wish you had, each one would simply serve as an excuse to be happy now.

>said the NPC
He's right. There is no proof for free will.

I think it was an experiment by someone to try to understand how our memes are born. They probably knew about how forced memes work and decided to see if it would take off

not if you are atheists
it makes totally sense if you believe in God
atheist are literally npcs

Void meditation

The inner voice is your own voice. Anything else besides the booming voice of God is the result of glowinthedark cianiggers voice to skull technology.

Nice post, I didn't know they had memes in Tel Aviv!

Meditation is meant to quiet the mind for while. Buddhists practice meditation to more readily allow the intake of knowledge and enlightenment. You can't fill a full glass, thus you need to empty it periodically. They also practice deep contemplation of esoteric ideas and spiritual concepts at times, which is the exact opposite of what happens during meditation.
I practiced meditation for a time, as I have Attention deficit; My thoughts would go at a million miles a minute; meditation helped to govern that and taught me how to reign it in a bit. It also gives your brain a break for a little while; most people get the same effect from watching TV, as many folks switch their brains into neutral in front of the idiot box. But man wasn't meant to be empty headed 24/7. The best balance is driven consciously by the individual, deciding when they need to engage in thought or stillness of the mind. Different situations require different degrees of brain activity.

/x/ fag here learn self hypnosis or meditation it's the same thing mostly.
Heres the quick and dirty version.

You sit or lay down and relax.
When a thought comes to mind there are two options. (Actually there are alot, but this is quick and won't fuck you up too much)
Option one see the thought and then understand it's there and continue to do whatever in this case relaxing.
Option two see the thought and then dig to the root of that thought.

That's it.
Now for a deeper look try Melvin Powers: A Practical Guide To Self-Hypnosis. It's free.
Jordan Peterson is a good place to get a few ideas, but it's best to move on to explore more. Actual Jung psychology and Maslows hierarchy of needs. (The final version was never made official, but the final step of self actualization is a loop. Hypnosis and meditation can change the order of the needs.)
Knowing about manipulation makes it harder for it to work. Does not mean immune.
The body changes the mind and the mind changes the body.
If it's a forced meme that is fine. It is a flavor-meme a deep true dark dangerous one. A wojack variant that shines a light in horrifying places for the NPC, the 'soulless', the golem, the goyim. If they all took the red pill and woke up at once. Heh.

Attached: 1538598932162.png (1030x133, 77K)

Agreed, that's basically what I meant. I've practiced meditation since 2014 and now engage with thought constructively, like when I need to write or give a talk or solve a math problem.

Imagine walking uinto a room and seeing a jug of milk on the table. Most people would actually think "Woah, look, why is there a jug of milk on the table." But that is an unnecessary thought. You can see the milk just and don't need to think about it. Meditation can greatly reduce such thoughts, and you can get to the point where you think only when it is constructive to do so (which is only about 5% of the time).

damn, they are evolving

I'm with you there, it never fucking shuts the hell up...
Only way to quiet my head is to exhaust myself physically. What is your way fellow semi crazy bastard?

Attached: kädet.gif (470x306, 660K)

Oh, and if you want to learn about how far you can alter your mind learn about tulpas and thought-forms.
Checked. Also it's good practice if something like that happens to do a reality check to get into lucid dreaming.

Attached: 1539111932807.png (746x2192, 393K)

>What is your way fellow semi crazy bastard?
Not him, but think about when you listen to your favorite song. Are you doing a lot of thinking? If you are really paying attention to the song, probably not.

The secret is to ground your experience in what is actually happening in your senses during the present moment. Just like listening to a song, except you might be listening to whatever ambient noise happens to be present while staring at the ceiling, for example.

Practice it and I promise it can work, this is actually a meditation technique used in Tibet, but it's simple and logical.

How can you write this post without an inner voice? How do you plan ahead and construct a paragraph before writing? You're just fishing for (You)s.
And that study is not comprehensive at all, if anyone ACTUALLY takes that study at face-value then they are retarded. Without an inner voice you not even be able to ask yourself the question "Why is that bad?" Or even conceive of it. So fuck off

True, but in that example, a potentially beneficial thought would be "How long has that milk been sitting out?"
follow it up with a sniff and you could save yourself a lot of hassle. We think a lot more than we realize every day, the key is to try to eliminate the self-destructive thoughts that derail us from what matters. If you overthink a lot of the mundane stuff, it can snowball and drive you crazy.
On one end, you're an empty headed, drooling moron, on the other, you're wearing pajamas and a tinfoil hat, sculpting mountains out of mashed potatoes while muttering "This means something..." to yourself.

You don't need to think in order to be able to type in just the same way you don't need to think in order to move your arm. Every time you move your arm, do you think to yourself "commence arm movement now"?

And, just to clarify, When I say "you" I mean metaphorically, not literally

You will never know what its like to have had thousands of hypothetical conversations with people in your head over the years and the experiance from arguing against your own points. Listening and thinking, just more listening and thinking. To almost never have to say anything to anyone then, when needed, pull out more thought in a few seconds than they had bothered with all morning. And then, in that silence, going back to work. NPC's are only useful in that brief second. That one where all your internal suffering atleast feels efficent in comparison. If it were not the majority of you, it might not be so bearable.

Meditation doesn’t remove mental activity. Meditation controls it and allows one to see through it. Big difference.

>The people who have tons of inner thoughts are the people controlled by forces external to them.
Fucking what?

You do realize you can think without using words right? Have you ever done math before?

The inner speech is just something the brain generates when it's idling.

Inner speech is NOT thinking.

random sample of 30 students

If it makes you feel any better, I do think when I type, but it's more like a typewriter, I mean, I hear the words as I type them, but all the stuff regarding spelling and punctuation is sort of automatic. Sometimes I'll rethink what I'm writing before I type it down; To convey a thought requires thought.

Because OP is really an NPC trying to dupe us.

>>The people who have tons of inner thoughts are the people controlled by forces external to them.
Your thoughts are not "you", they are external to you just like a tree is. To be controlled by thought is to succumb to an outside force.

Do you know why it takes longer for the brain to conceive of a lie instead of the truth? The subconscious (multiple depending on how you look at it) makes the decision before the conscious mind is even aware of that. It then fabricates the details depending on how stong it needs to be the more time and energy it needs.

(You) are not alone in your mind. (You) are never alone.

Attached: 1539375788543.jpg (1659x672, 240K)

I'm getting real sick of all these threads trying to recharacterize the NPC thing.

It means what it meant the first time. Fuck off.

Now hold on a sec, let's not get all Kwai Chang Caine on people here; It's not that they aren't your thoughts, it's that your letting too much external influence manipulate your thoughts. That's why you need to quiet the mind once in a while, so you can differentiate hat thoughts come from yourself, and which ones are those that have been solely influenced by external forces; in other words, those thoughts not coming from a common sense approach.

>I guarantee your inner voice almost never does you any good
It keeps me from making lengthy posts of this nature, not that having an inner voice needs validating.

Not that you'd understand if you haven't the ability.

>Maybe we have this NPC thing all wrong. The people who have tons of inner thoughts are the people controlled by forces external to them. Your happiness is at the mercy of a bank crash or cancer diagnosis, but if one has few thoughts and a disciplined mind, happiness is the only thing they can know. Jesus said as much: worry not bout the morrow.

I can't even begin to comprehend this level of post-modernistic rationalization. "I'm better off because my lack of individual inner monologue prevents me from thinking too deeply".

Just, stop.

Attached: Not Today.jpg (640x560, 159K)

I disagree. It's way quicker to think of a lie than try to remember the truth.

Read

Julian Jaynes
THE ORIGIN OF
CONSCIOUSNESS IN
THE BREAK-
DOWN OF THE
BICAMERAL
MIND

Attached: NPC Adam.jpg (500x500, 149K)

Without a conscious you have no free will.

Attached: Jiminy Cricket.jpg (1654x1678, 352K)

Attached: 1540347426464.png (420x420, 309K)

I'd rather have thoughts that may lead to self-destruction than little to know original thought at all

How do you know you aren't an NPC?

>If you think you're meditating, you're not meditating.

Attached: The_Fuji_from_the_mountains_of_Totomi.jpg (4457x2946, 1.94M)

How do you know you aren't an NPC? If you have intense inner thought, how do you know that isn't your programming leaking into your consciousness?

If you want the truth, IMHO we are all NPCs since I believe free will is an illusion.

Being an NPC=Enlightenment?

Good answer, I have no further questions

Why is the (((star of David))) on that flag yellow?

Jow Forums just wont admit most of them are the true NPCs