Gwangju Massacre

Who was in the wrong here?

Attached: 93f74b4def7b9b35390e739520c887d5.jpg (1023x576, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwangju_Uprising
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Whomever my system of ethics encourages me to support

the what now?

Probably the people who did the massacre- but that's just a wild guess.

How about you look it up before entering this thread?

no

go huff some gas

or you can get people interested in an unknown event by describing it, but i know thats expecting a lot from an emu

I honestly cannot grasp Korean politics. I think the only people that can comprehend are actual Koreans. There is just too much culture, nuance and history in every little thing...and so much fucking drama - holy shit, what is wrong with those people? Cults, dead kids, constant ousting of leaders, etc...

>Who was in the wrong here?
Gooks obviously.

It's not difficult you braindead seppo chimp.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwangju_Uprising

Sure, as soon as Ahmed's done raping you.

Recently went to Sorkland and visited the memorial there for it. Pretty depressing. They seem to hold that the government was in the wrong, but particularly that government at the time since they just had gone through a coup shift in power after an assassination.

Basically a bunch of poor fucking rural mountain Sorks didn't get the memo and the government shit on them badly and made an example of them, despite a pretty inspiring resistance. The thing that struck me most though, is that in all the footage and stuff, you know what kept being seen of the locals? Motherfucking Rooftop Koreans, complete with their little headbands, rifles, and staking out the roofs of their property. Crazy shit, after the massacre, a bunch of Norks (including from Gwangju) fled the country and came to the US, guess to where?

LA. Boom, the race riots happen, and up go the Rooftop Koreans again who had already been in the shit in Gwangju. Never realized, never knew about it, which is crazy because I lived through the race riots in LA. Think it's some fate or some shit, that they flee their country after one state of emergency, into another state of emergency and used their skills and experience from the first to make it through the second fine.

>after the massacre, a bunch of Sorks*

Meant to say.

Didn't it all start because an SJW assassinated the president? Then went on to become president later? What a stupid country.

Our family lived through the riots too. Well I was still a baby. But my dad moved here when he was 17 from Choongchungdo. I never asked about the riots but people dont really talk about it in the korean community other than one thing that stood out to them: the LAPD is never to be trusted, ever.

I only saw Gwangju reenacted in propaganda tier movies but yeah, it's some fucked up shit.

Attached: 1539287378528.jpg (1000x630, 139K)

Something like that. As I recall, the president was like a strongman military commander who took over and ran the country strictly but also brought great economic success and industrial progress. Well this guy got assassinated by a fellow military guy during a regular drinking get together.

There was a scramble for power after he died, and the one who took over was another military guy but he was like this weasly military secretary sort of guy who ended up being a corrupt and incompetent asshole. Anyway the massacre happened from this because after the new guy took over he put the country in a state of emergency or something while they were still dealing with the assassination, and Gwangju which was a rural backwater city didn't get the notice because like, they didn't even have proper communication lines. So the people there didn't know what the fuck was going on when the military rolled in and as I recall they protested a little because didn't want to follow a curfew they didn't know about, and when word got back to the new government they treated this as a rebellion (possibly favoring the former president).

I'm glossing over what I vaguely remember, but basically it was a mistake in communication that led to it, and then the government hit hard. In particular they sent in this brutal group of special forces whom had come off the Vietnam war (and committed war crimes there) and basically just set them loose on the people and they did some really disgusting and horrible shit to even just random innocents.

The events of it though overall are really interesting and inspiring if you get into it, probably more than this thread could. Like how the populace armed themselves because the police and army were too incompetent to stop it.

>the LAPD is never to be trusted, ever.

Our family took from that, that the police in general cannot be trusted, at least not when shit hits the fan. Things got bad in LA, and the cops just went home, to their own families. That's not the LAPD, that's any police when things get really bad.

So yeah our lesson learned from the race riots, you can't rely on anyone else to protect you, not even the cops. Why we're all pro-gun, having lived through it and things getting bad.

did you guys know 68 people died in those riots? I was in LA too, my neighbor was a cop and gave my dad an m16 and told him to pick a corner of the street and shoot anyone black that comes in our neighborhood lol

it'll happen again but with more brown belligerents this time. Naturally.

Doesn't matter to me. I live an hour away now.

Attached: amigos de frijoles.jpg (1024x791, 261K)

I remember my dad staying up with a gun, same thing, taking potshots at the ground when looters came by. Between him, and a bunch of rock band guys who holed up in a Ralph's across the way doing the same thing, our neighborhood was kept looter-free.

do you still live in LA my nigel?

Nope, we left because of the race riots, and the big quake. Look at the flag and take a guess where we moved.

HMm........ Delaware?

Probably the victims of the massacre. I don't know what the factions were, but that's just my gut feeling.

Seriously not that complicated. Guerrilla independence fighters vs yes sir master Tojo, I killed the peasants just like you said, uh, I mean master Truman, hah, always meant Truman, boss.

Everyone who died.