/BSU/ Baltic Sea is Useless General — Pilot Edition (#0)

Baltic Sea is Useless — We need to build a dam and drain that swamp!

Baltic Sea is useless, it serves no purpose. We should build a dam and drain the water to recover land—roughly 377,000 km^2 (146,000 sq mi)
Think about all the new possibilities it would bring. New undiscovered land. New cities popping up. New jobs. More space for Original Europeans.
Etc, etc.

I'm assembling a team of serious researchers on the topic.

We will research and plan draining the Baltic Sea and turning it into New Land(!) and decide how it will be divided between coastal countries (excluding Sweden of course).

I think even with current technology it is possible!

Attached: happening.alert.breaking.jpg (900x600, 359K)

Yeah, a bomb found at Clinton's, that's totally worth making 20 threads about it. Big fucking deal.

Attached: 1521415928751.jpg (125x95, 2K)

That's absolutely fucking braindead. You would be making a massive saltflat and cutting off Poland and the Balts from Atlantic trade

Why don’t we just take Ukraine, Belarus, and Lithuania as Lebensraum?

Those three and Poland itself are a Russian property

Let's focus on one thing.
Atlantic trade would be consolidated and included in the Dam Area, Something like Shanghai or Singapore, it would improve Atlantic Trade and cut pollution.
We'd build train tracks for distribution. Trains are the future!

Attached: 1511794750158.png (290x307, 172K)

Put out the krokodile, Ivan. It makes you delusional.

Future? What year are we in? 1894? lmao. Union Pacific is going public next week.

It can only get bigger. The future is bright for railroad industry!
You should buy their shares!

Actually, most countries are betting big on railroad. China is betting big on it and in central europe it's a breeze to take the train instead of having to fly. Sweden's national rail system has probably seen its best days, but in the Öresund area it's very fast. In a few years it will be possible to get from Malmö to Hamburg in just a few hours over the Fehmarn belt fixed link, much faster than flying including the airport overhead. This is going to make Copenhagen even more important logistically and may necessitate another bridge over Öresund, integrating almost all of western Scania into the Copenhagen metropolitan area.

It seems that the US is one of the few countries that isn't doing railroads, ignoring Elon Musk's attempts at the currently unrealistic hyperloop.

Yes, Imagine the vast New Land, just asking to build eco-friendly railroads connecting our Baltic countries, and the new cities.
No more polluted sea water and dirty beaches.

And also stopping Russians from exploiting Baltic Sea to build illegal gas pipes to Germany.

Attached: 1513167781290.jpg (800x565, 199K)

>under sea level, constant threat of flooding
>unusable land, too salty for agriculture
>unreasonably high cost for useless land when there is no scarcity of land whatsoever

you are a retard, just call Putin he will give you 100 ha in Siberia free of charge if you are committing to farm it

It is too wet, you would need to continuously use energy on pumping water that don't evaporate out of the basin. It easier to make small cute dikes near your coast.

Wow, check your attitude.
No wonder your country is some irrelevant shithole with no future, when you're so down beat and suicidal.
Maybe working on draining this useless swamp, called Baltic Sea, would bring some joy to your, otherwise great nation, and revive it's spirit.
There would be no threat of flooding if we plan it correctly. It's a long-term project, not some overnight revolution.
It will be bigger than moon landing.

>use energy on pumping water
We can use geoscopic gravitational anomalies to divert rivers to the oceans, and leave the deepest areas as water basins.
Believe me, the drought would be bigger worry than flooding.

my country was shithole long before my attitude came about.

as I said it is absolutely retarded to spend vast resources of all kinds to get useless land.

there will always be threat of flood regardless of how well everything is designed, ask Venetians or Netherlanders.

go get your dick sucked by the queen of England and stream it on youtube, if will be on the same level of greatness, but will not cost everyone life's work.

I regret to say that, but I have to ask you to leave. I don't need down beaters.

I need people who can think big, and who can focus on finding solutions. Not people who can only bitch about everything.

Would rise the ocean surface 6 cm.
Maledives would not be happy.

I agree with the Pole. The Baltic countries are pretty useless so more land would definitely help. Besides, the baltic sea is literally pointless.

>drain the baltic
t. absolute brainlet
Do you have any idea of the toxic shit at the bottom of this sea? This sea was the main dumping site of chemical weapons after 1945

>train tracks
>in an uneven chasm

Chemicals don't just sink to the bottom of the sea, muhammad

they do. Latvian is right, countless barrels of toxic shit underwater

The content couldn't have just stayed in there. If anything recovering those barrels (f we take OP's retarded proposition seriously) would probably be better than just letting them seep their toxic shit in the baltic.

>Do you have any idea of the toxic shit at the bottom of this sea?
Exactly, that only validates reason why we have to drain it. At the moment it's just polluted stinking puddle. It's a giant wasteland.
Look at pic related the bed is flat compared to Sweden, and they do have trains.
Average depth is only 52 meters with max depth 459m, which is nothing. It's basically flat land, no challenge for trains and roads.
Also Baltic Sea is not that salty, so once drained the land would be pretty much as usable as the coastal land around it.

You know OP there is one issue with your idea. Unlike the Mediterranean, which has a net inflow, (which is why the Nazis suggested draining it, generating massive amounts of hydroelectric power in the process), the Baltic sea has a net outflow. This means it would instead cost massive amounts of power to constantly pump water out of there.

See pic related. This is just one of many rivers that eventually ends up in the Baltic sea, supplying it with new, fresh water. That's why the Baltic sea is brackish in the first place, unlike the Mediterranean sea.

Attached: rapa.jpg (1048x699, 381K)

We will divert rivers by the means of terraforming, using gravitational anomalies to our advantage

Attached: 1539137228731.jpg (350x216, 48K)

exploiting :gravitational anomalies means moving gigatons of earth around. Just divert rivers the normal way lmao.

>Mediterranean sea.
By the way I thought of that too, but it keeps niggers from flowing into Europe.
They only get in because of human traffickers, without sea they'd just walk like those caravans in Americas.

What I mean is diverting rivers in a way than we don't need to pump water out of Baltic Sea basin constantly, but use gravity to do the job.

I understood just fine what you meant.
>but use gravity to do the job
kek, good luck with that

I don't see how that would work. The rivers in the north of Sweden aren't there because water just happens to flow there. The water is there because snow and rain accumulate on the east side of the Scandinavian mountains. They get larger and larger until they reach the Baltic sea. Trying to divert them to someplace else simply wouldn't work. There's nowhere that you could divert them.

The idea to build a dam may not be an entirely bad idea in the future though, while keeping the water inside of it. It could turn the Baltic sea into an enormous fresh water lake which may be useful to the Baltic region in the future in case global warming causes mass droughts.

>in case global warming causes mass droughts.
Get out, leftie.

you don't understand my problem with your idea... I'm not a "down beater" when the idea has practical use, but if all you are going for is for the "idea" to be big I must point it out and I think I gave you a good suggestion to achieve better result with lesser cost.

So I accept your apology and you are welcome.