Are you stacking silver for the coming economic collapse?

Silver is real money. Since the times of the bible, even Jesus used silver. When republicans and democraps destroy the economy and crash the dollar you will want 9999 silver baby.

I stack Perth mint coins and American Eagles myself. What do you stack Jow Forums?

Attached: 171689_slab.jpg (450x450, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TqdRQxgtZtI
sprottmoney.com/Blog/silver-mining-vs-gold-mining-the-dynamics-explained-jeff-nielson.html
apmex.com/product/27024/1-oz-silver-round-apmex
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Perth mint? Colour me surprised.
I live in WA and I still haven’t been there.

US silver dimes, best silver. Known good, small enough to be useful for small trade, etc. your dollar coins will be a week’s wages after the crash, too big to be useful in trade.

I have some junk silver too. But I love the beauty of Perth mint coins, maple leaves, eagles etc. I get a hard-on when I see a BU kook.

Umm I'll be take my lead over your silver any day you can't pay a bear to not eat you Inna woods

/POL DOES NOT RESPOND TO KRASSEN-ASS-IN-STEIN POSTS.

Attached: moar.jpg (565x986, 475K)

You can't eat silver.

I used to have a lot of silver, but I lost it all and my guns in a boating accident. :(

Silver and gold will be very useful if the economy collapses. Bullets and seeds will be very useful if society collapses.

Be ready for both.

Attached: Ye.jpg (2000x1000, 451K)

>Silver
You should be stacking gold retard, go back to zero hedge.

nah I'm just gonna die fuck all that noise

Already stacked it.

I don't know about using Perth Mint in the US tho. Better deals are usually Silver Eagles or Maple Leafs. Or 90% junk silver. But I'm down with getting a hold of all the major mints just so you know what they are in person.

^This
>too big to be useful in trade
If I was a minting company I would get on making silver and gold coins in all kinds of smaller sizes for this exact reason.

This, though you young fags won't be able to score the good silver coins unless you pay up. My dad and granddad used to save out all silver coins from their change going back to the 60s and 70s.

A dog will be able to smell a threat long before you're able to see it. Get a dog and train it.

Also a barrel or two of rice is cheap and doesn't take up much space. Might come in handy some day.

We /preppinggeneral/ in here?

Ure fucking up your mags by leaving them loaded. Your springs will be fucked.

Worse than that? A Canadian told you...

Attached: burn.gif (320x240, 1M)

Nobody cares about dates or whatever for junk silver. It's just a cheap and easy way to get it and possibly use fractional silver if an ounce really winds up being worth more than you'd want to liquidate at a go or use for small trades.

>stack gold
Should stack both. Silver is good for trade and gold is good for bugging out (Greatest wealth, least weight).

I'm packing guns, ammo, food and water into my suv and splitting to innawoods. I have deep woods, mountains, and rivers 30 minutes in 3 directions from my apartment.

Cananon makes a great point

Attached: 1533753389646s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

I fucking love kookaburras
youtube.com/watch?v=TqdRQxgtZtI

oh fuck a silver shill. its happening. every time some tard says silver is a great investment option the bull market dies and fortune 500 company CEOs flee to other countries

Jow Forums only shills silver because they can't afford gold with neet bux. Prove me wrong.

Do you have to be so obviously, painfully Jewish all the time though? That Talmudic training really marks you for life.

Yes we know you kikes want we goyim on the paper money so you can have all the real stuff for yourself. We know.

Silver is historically undervalued and is a better buy. It is more difficult to recycle and has more uses than gold. Also there is less of it around.

I don't even know how much gold I have. Probably something like $50k worth. I give 1/10oz and 1/20oz away for birthday presents etc.

What is this? some sort of new alt coin?

What exchanges can I buy it on?

It was also free up to 30-40 years ago. All the junk silver has been hoarded out of circulation now.
Silver coinage has the advantage of being understood, while your weird Kookaburra medallion is just going to be a puzzle.

Sounds like you're preparing for a sick Rambo movie reenactment.
No really, what will you do when you run out of fuel?
Any replenishable source of water? Have you drilled yourself a well?
Are you capable of surviving off-grid? Got any solar panels? Batteries?

if it's historically undervalued, then that should tell you something, you dumb fuck. It's never been worth much.

Gold is more rare than silver by far and is unironically undervalued now while the central banks collect it up now. Don't be a fagoot spreading fake lies. Look at some charts and read.

silver is nothing more than an industrial metal. zcash is money.

Yup yup. That's why I'm a big fan of coins because even though they carry a higher premium anybody who knows enough to deal in silver is going to recognize and trust what it is. And it's not a big fat bar that could be full of tungsten for all anybody knows.

I guess I'll just load 5rds in them from now on then, leaf

>if
Not “if,” you don’t even know anything about precious metals do you?

Silver is rarer than gold, you can look this up yourself but you won’t. How can you get a job as a shill while lacking even the most basic researching skill set?

>he’s shilling some “coin”
Oh no no no look at the top of this dude’s head Hahahaha lol!

nice digits

The gold to silver ratio is why I'm long silver. currently about 80oz slv to 1oz gld. Abundance in the Earths crust 15oz slv to 1oz gld.

Abundance above ground 1oz slv to 5oz gld.

5x Less silver is actually available above ground and usable than gold. 80x less valuable right now.

Don't miss the boat fuckers. If you're one day late, you'll regret it forever.

Attached: culture.jpg (600x450, 42K)

I'm not driving until I run out of gas. I am staying out of sight and out of metro area until things calm down. If things ever do get real bad, I'd rather be out in the wild than trapped in urban area with many other humans.

I just split it down the middle by dollar value: half silver, half gold. I'm not trying to beat all the experts on the exact best play, but rather hedge and my preference is to be a little silver heavy due to its industrial demand and the absolutely mad shorts keeping the spot price down.

I stack gold too. I have a few 1/10 oz and 1/4 oz gold coins. They are very expensive and not very good for currency in an shtf scenario.

Good plan Burger. Wasn't trying to be a dick, just a heads up.

got plenty o' silva' user, gonna craft me a big wanking silver sword for monsters and wack some zombies with it

noobs, my grandpa had a bar in 1950.

he stacked my silver for me

"There is a 17:1 ratio of silver to gold in the earth's crust."
"Most silver comes as a BYPRODUCT of copper/other mineral mines"

Imagine you being the one unable to research:
sprottmoney.com/Blog/silver-mining-vs-gold-mining-the-dynamics-explained-jeff-nielson.html

that is even an article shilling silver like you, in order to help your fee fees

Kruger Rands. The discerning Aryans choice

heh, my grandpa recently gave all us grandkids the silver he bought for us way back when. Doesn't amount to all that much, but did a pretty good job holding its value compared to like the original $2 bills he also saved out.

It's a kookaburra from Perth mint. They're very popular and you can buy them anywhere that sells precious metals. Kooks usually have a pretty high premium, but you'll understand why when you feast your eyes on them.

What's interesting about the krugerands is their odd coloration due to how much copper is in them, and the consequent slightly clangorous ring they have when you flick them to find out if it's really gold.

For quite some time, that used to be the only gold coin you could get in the US. Definitely worth getting ahold of one because if you've never handled one then you probably wouldn't trust what it is.

If you use silverlings, you are betraying our lord and saviour Jesus Christ, like Judas did it.

Attached: ludwig-adam-kelterborn-gefangennahme-jesu.jpg (480x327, 66K)

Our constitution explicitly specifies that only gold and silver coin is money. This was a document written overwhelmingly by Christians.

You have the greatest mint in the world and you buy krugs?

Attached: obverse_1_12.jpg (700x700, 98K)

That’s estimated, the silver we use has to be mined and less silver has been mined than gold.

Nice pileup though, you pulled together something vaguely related. Better than your last try. Still very Jewish techniques and tactics, you should hide that nose better.

Also, I can tell you’re a woman.

Protip from Jow Forums, you cannot damage a spring by leaving it under load like that. Springs lose their springiness when you over-stress them or repeatedly cycle them. Leaving metal mags loaded like that run the risk* of stretching the feed lips open.

I say risk* because they've pulled out loaded magazines after decades and run them though guns with zero problems.

>buying a coin commemorating the woman who wrecked Europe

Yeah and diamonds are super rare you guys that's why they are so expensive...NOT THE FACT THAT ITS ACTUALLY NOT THAT RARE AND WE HOARD 99.9 PERCENT OF THEM TO ARTIFICIALLY DRIVE UP VALUE AND DEMAND...

>no rhodesia coin
they took this from us

Attached: rms-assange-snowden_small.jpg (1024x683, 162K)

There's LITERALLY nothing wrong with British Sovereigns even if the modern ones happen to have QE2 on them. Being about 1/5oz is a convenient denomination and they're recognized the world over.

Yeah, I got several-hundred oz of 2015 Silver Eagles.

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 13K)

It just doesn't make sense to me to use an eagle over a regular generic round or bar of silver. Fuds keep telling me because its actual currency it commands a few extra dollars in value. That only applies to people who know that. If I'm looking at an ounce of silver at $17, or an eagle at $22, why the fuck would I pay more for the same amount of metal?

I'm making fun of you.

Led will be more valuable.

Reminder that if you don't have some gold and silver, if you don't have supplies for a happening, and you don't know how to hunt or can your own veggies you aren't a real Jow Forumsack and you should fuck off.

That's a pretty crazy premium for an eagle over a round. If it's a little more sane, the main idea is that an eagle is trustworthy whereas some noname round is suspect. In other words, you have to think about it on the sell side: which one is going to move or sell with a premium? If you're not selling it for melt value, the eagle is going to be the better bet as long as you didn't overpay for it initially.

Interested? This is what you buy for recognition from people who know silver.

Silver Eagles (US Mint) .999
Silver Maples (CDN Mint) .9999
Silver Kooks/Kang (Aus Mint) .9999
ANYTHING ENGLEHARD! (rare/collectible) .999
ANYTHING PAMP/CREDIT SWISS .999 (highly sought after especially fortunas)

Gold from these sources is also best I.E gold eagles.

Don't buy junk silver (collect it if you can, but never buy it 10% below spot buyback)
Weird mints Silver stacker silver shield crap
ANYTHING ON EBAY! GO TO A REAL STORE THAT WILL TEST IN FRONT OF YOU.

There is a major difference in recognized silver vs unrecognized. Speaking as someone who didn't know better and got his ass handed to him by buying sunshine silver bars when I started. Lost about 10% value as soon as I bought them. Stupid

Attached: fortuna.jpg (470x470, 28K)

Eagles are beautiful, and they also have some numismatic value. There are no generic rounds which compare to the quality of eagles. I stack to prep, but I also love the beauty of silver and I'll pay a bit extra for something that gets my dick hard when it comes in the mail.

Because unlike bullion, the Eagle becomes worth more over time, check the prices of old ones.

Silver, Gold, and metals, aren't as useful during a crash, but see their highest values and most usefulness after a crash, during recovery.

The shitposters of the bird kingdom

I didn't check current day premiums, but it isn't some insignificant amount. I think if you buy in bulk normal premium is at least $1.50 over what a generic round or bar is.

I'm buying both, and if I weren't allergic to spending money i'd have 4000 ounces by now. I'm saving up a bit to buy my first gold; probably going to get a generic bar, gold eagle, and maybe a krugerand or something.

Attached: IMG_0084.jpg (4608x3456, 3.58M)

>paying a $3 per round premium for “pretty”

apmex.com/product/27024/1-oz-silver-round-apmex

Attached: C07020B4-E61F-47F3-964E-08D21694706C.jpg (450x450, 84K)

No I get it, I just bought a 1986 libertad and silver eagle, both were nearly double what the 2018's are. But thats not because the average person is willing to pay, thats because theres a collector's market. Collectors are fine but when Fudds and doomsday preppers think they can get more spam because their shiny coin is 40 years old, they're fuckin delusional. Someone comes to me offering an ounce of silver for a can of ravioli, I'm gonna shake him down for 10+ ounces because nobody who barters with silver just has 1-5 ounces.

Case in point, these are really old but still just worth melt value.

Attached: IMG_0070.jpg (2121x1535, 1.28M)

I haven't looked at the prices in a long time myself, but I will tell you as somebody who started stacking some time back that at first I went straight for how much weight I could get for my dollar but over time and thought switched to wanting to pay a little bit more for something more likely to retain its value on the sell side.

I was lucky enough to have bought some 100oz silver ingots back when it was like $14/oz and then nailed up to $45/oz, at which point I liquidated all but two of them (they're fun lol) to trade them in for coins at a profit even in spite of capital gains tax.

Everybody has to make his or her own decisions, but one thing is going to probably be trusted right off the bat and easy to turn around and sell by the dealer. The other... who knows? Hope the dealer doesn't have to give you a price that builds in the risk of having to send it to a refinery to be assayed and melted into something new.

Numismatics is all. Also could argue it's important if confiscation becomes a thing again for some reason, gold coins minted before a certain year were exempt last time.
That's why you'll see a shit ton of 1947 mexican 50 peso gold coins, they minted the fucking things for a decade and the collectors in the U.S. ate them up.

Turning in your gold due to confiscation is on par with turning in your guns. All of it got lost in a horrible boating accident. And they're not realistically going to pull that off at scale anyway.

Especially in the case of gold and silver, so little of it is held personally these days that they wouldn't get much of anything out of it even if everybody did turn everything in.

If silver goes below 10 or 11 or so I'm going to buy 100 oz.
It's 14 now man rinse and repeat. Maybe I should buy $500 now, fuck it, it's really not that much money.

This is completely false. Springs only get damaged from overuse not from being loaded.

t. Former marine infantry

>Turning in your gold due to confiscation is on par with turning in your guns.
Agreed, I really don't understand why people were like "oh the government said I shouldn't own this anymore, better give it to them" when the gold standard ended. Like, why wouldn't you just keep it?

It hasn't been below $14 in well over 5 years, what makes you think it'll be $10 or below ever again?

Yeah, I don't have the spare change for more at the moment, but this is probably a reasonable opportunity to buy. I kind of doubt the price is going to fall through the floor with the markets getting all spooked.

I never said shit about people turning in your coins, but say you got a divorce at the wrong time in the 70s and your old lady tells the feds you got 5 pounds in generic gold bars somewhere.
Do you see where I'm going with this?
Nobody willingly turns in jack but shit happens and if your 5 pounds of gold was in coins you could have salvaged a situation like that.

Kind of an oddball edge case, but they still have to know you have it and know where to find it. That's why the unfortunate truth of the matter is that you never tell your friends or family because they're the ones most likely to rob you. Sad but true.

Lol
If the economy collapse your silver and gold will be utterly useless. Do you see venezuelian trade in gold or silver now that their money crashed and hyperinflation is about 1000000%? No one use it, it's not a commodity and usually during crisis gold and silver also crashes. Only retards buy this unhandy shit for survival purposes. Silver is a good investment because the COMEX market is totally kiked and manipulated, so the metal is underappreciated, but it's not a commodity, it will only perform well if the economy perform well.
If SHTF you have 3 best options to become the king of the new world :
1- DRUGS :
- Any kind of opiod narcotic painkillers : oxycodone, tramadol, codeine, hydrocodone, demerol..
- Antalgics : aspirin, dafalgan, doliprane,etc...
- Antibiotics : amoxicillin, doxycycline, ciprofloxacin, azithromycin...
- Antiseptics and disinfectants
- Pump protons inhibitors and others : Nexium, privacid, kapidex etc.. (against ulcers, painful stomacs), spasfon...
- NSAIDs (Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs) : against various diseases and complications

2 - SEEDS :
- common vegetables, don't be too fancy

3 - CIGARETS
The more you can stock, the better.

The muh guns and ammos lads are deluded and retarded. If you are alone you will be the first to die. Everything will be organized in ethnic local communities, and in this scenario, believe me the medications are kings. A painkiller addict or someone suffering will give up anything to have its fix, especially his stacks of useless gold & silver.
Same for a lad with an ulcer, he will give you all what he possess to be freed from the pain and will sell his fucking house to you for a tablet of nexium.
Anyone with an injury will need antiseptics, the ills will need antibiotics, especially since our immune system is so fragile now.
Do you think a mother seeing her son dying wont give you anything she own to see her child go better?
You will not only be super rich and comfy, but you will be 1/2

Attached: tramadol-600x280.png (600x280, 181K)

Oh absolutely a corner case, my main bit was for numismatics purposes really.
Come to that you'd be coin collecting more for your children then anything, you want the mint you are buying from to break the plates for the coins you are buying before it even starts earning any money on top of just a generic round. We probably ain't making the 50+ years to enjoy the money ourselves but numismatics is a consideration.

I got this in 2003 when silver was around $7.50 per ounce

Attached: IMG_2634.jpg (3264x2448, 1.71M)

2/2 the hero of your community. Anyone with a problem will have to see you, and you will have the right of life of death upon him. You will become a fucking solar deity if you follow my advices and stack drugs. Also they are almost non-perishable goods, very light weighted, easy to transport and to stock.

Another thing you should thing about are poker/magic cards, because the world post internet will be fucking boring, you can trust me. Mtg cars could reallly become a commodity and the collectible market could see a big rise.

You're not wrong, but in fact during Argentina's currency devaluation gold did grease palms, even if at that point you're looking at barter and you wouldn't expect to get fair market value in that case unless you're an expert wheeler and dealer.

The point is that if your local currency does plunge, then what you can do over the long haul is liquidate the gold and silver bit by bit as needed for the current local currency value instead of having your bank account just go down the shitter.

Oh yah. I don't particularly expect any of the plain old coins I have to do anything worth a damn beyond holding value. I have some mint state graded stuff just to add some risk based on a dealer I use sometimes who keeps track of historical prices and can point out when one or another is an unusually good deal. But in the end hopefully I'll never liquidate anything and it'll just get passed on down through the family as a backup plan.

Talking two different things there.
If SHTF fuck gold and silver, agreed there but if the economy collapses then gold and silver are useful.
A Venezuelian with gold or silver coins can leave the country and expect the money they have to buy shit, but a Venezuelian with paper money is just as poor if they leave their country.

I stack my grandmother's silverware. I have a ton of that shit, and it's good for tea-parties and fancy dinners up until the collapse too.

Attached: teaparty.jpg (1200x900, 175K)

>Silver is real money.
Can you eat silver? Drink it? Can you load it into a gun and shoot silver?

No? Then it's worthless after the end.

Youre an idiot tool. The economy and society are codependent. In the event either collapse silver and gold are no better than a fishing lure.

>LOL CAN U EVEN EAT MONEY LOL I BET YOU CAN'T EVEN SHOOT MONEY RETARDS
this is you

Here's why you're wrong;
1.Drugs
They're often not shelf stable, the people that need them (actual addicts, persons in pain, and sick people) often will not have any method of barter; they have no money, they have no metal, they have usually nothing to offer. You now have something with a shelf life of about 5 years and considerably difficult to come across without arousing suspicion.
2. Seens are good, the problem is critters and bugs can get to them, vacuum packs don't last forever, seeds aren't guaranteed to grow which is why you need a good amount of them, and then you need to know how to farm. Go to a city, any city, find out how much the average person knows about horticulture and farming. Its not dumb to have some seeds for yourself, but don't pretend you'll be using seeds in place of gold ever.

Cigarettes definitely have a shelf life. They can go bad in about a year, bugs can get to them, and the only people who want them are smokers who comprise about 10% of the US population, more in 3rd world countries but still, thats like stocking up on vegan food.

Liquor is supposedly good one because its shelf stable for longer, people like to drink, and you can still use it as an antiseptic. Your problem will be trading an entire bottle of vodka for a meal or two.

Gold is way overpriced right now, retard. If you buy gold, you're throwing your money away. If the economy doesn't tank, gold will crash soon. Silver is far more appropriately priced (though still on the high side), and won't hit you as hard when precious metals normalize.
Also what are you going to do with the gold after the economic collapse? If you put $5,000 in gold coins, you have 5 gold coins. Are you going to be able to make change? Will anyone have enough of anything of value to want a gold coin for what you're expecting?

Ok, then how will you deal with werewolves genius ?

Even better: learn how to distill your own liquor. There are a tremendous amount of d/l alcoholics out there, and demand for alcohol always goes up during hard times.

Skills are really the thing you want beyond having stored up enough different stuff to ride out a bad storm.

only got about 100 ounces of silver, but I got some gold coming in any day now.
I also have some ounces of lead.
fun fact: in norway unlike many euro countries silver and gold bullion coins are exempt from VAT since they're considered currency.

Attached: IMG_20181004_204014.jpg (2968x1966, 2.58M)

Silver is fucking worthless.

Yeah, hence why there's a London fix price for it. Makes sense.

why do you guys think the economy is gonna collapse again?