17 year USPS employee, AMA

In light of the recent "bombings", I've noted a shit ton of misconceptions regarding the post office, procedures, and policies.

Note, I've always been a processing clerk, in facility operations, I have never been a carrier

Attached: 20181025_202051.jpg (2048x1152, 780K)

How does it feel that you got btfo by Lysander Spooner 150 years ago?

Did u know that underage people can´t post on Jow Forums?
Bye bye

If a package won't go through the machine, can you postmark it by hand?

Have you ever thought about bringing a firearm to work?

Beaner education, everyone.

Attached: newman1.jpg (650x400, 48K)

honestly this is a pathetic larp. imagine having a badge with fineprint that large as well as full fucking address. This person has clearly never worked, ever.

Attached: you seeing this.png (210x200, 73K)

thats mexishill, just ignore

Is there any way for a package to get to its recipient with postage due? A few people mentioned first class mail.

I also hear that putting the rounded amount of outstanding postage is the procedure, but is there an official sticker that gets put on packages for that information?

Attached: 0000011853.jpg (414x591, 159K)

Is every piece of mail photographed as i"ve heard? Which end of mail journey is postage cancellation stamped, receiving, transit, or delivery end?

...you are retarded

What are you doing?
You´re late to join the caravan, hurry up! Andale andale!

>to find out about facility closings
>printed on a badge
>for their employees

just incredible

Attached: bluffin.png (639x272, 188K)

what would you do if you processed the packages that came out of florids?

hows life wagie?

Yes, very much so.
Management is obsessive about marking out stamps. While official postmarks are kept in certain parts of the building, ANY uncanceled stamps can be marked out with pens or permanent markers.
Holy shit, yes.

Give us some bullet points with common misperceptions.
Then put down public awareness raising and outreach and your resume

>Beaner "Education"

This is why no one wants you Pablo.

why are there no post marks on the packages. Can this occur in general? Does that make you suspicious of the narrative?

Why ain't y'all shooting up post offices anymore?
I liked it when we called folks flipping out "going postal." People probably don't even remember or know of that usage anymore. Its sad.

>17 year USPS employee
Did you get hired as a nigger or a veteran?

Attached: 9641ea5b10248fdb28e4e3f8eefef2f365198657.jpg (470x480, 68K)

>Mexican intellectual

When is the postmarking done, would it not happen if for instance an employee wanted to mail out a package without them?

Show us your boi pucci

I need you to handle my package a-anonkun

Who is your daddy and what does he do?

>other than assignee
>that grammar
>official

good christ it just gets more larp the more I look at it. can I borrow your laminator tho?

Attached: laf.jpg (960x958, 46K)

If there's no return address, it'll go to the recipient postage due.
Also we'll make exceptions for arrival at a station on a cross country trip.
It will still be marked to hell.

what typically needs to happen to a package like that for it to get from one part of the country to another?

Attached: 4221042.jpg (700x467, 50K)

>AMA
get the fuck out you are glowing

When the FBI come for you can you remind them to send me a cheque or something.

Attached: 4chanpartyvan.jpg (750x600, 113K)

Since you posted what looks like a valid ID, I'm going to take you at face value.

So the obvious question, comment will be...

Here is a picture of one of the packages, that seems to be representative of the others. Tell us what your professional opinion is about this package, what you see or don't see that would create a problem with processing, whether it was processed or placed in the pile by someone inside the facility, etc.

Attached: 1540401688352.png (1163x653, 1.13M)

I'll bite

do you find anything odd about the photos of the packages that were released to the public?

Did the packages actually make it to their destinations, or were they held at the Florida PO out of suspicion?
I don't understand why pictures of the packages would be posted so soon, unless it truly is political in nature.

there once was a boomer who listened to loomer

Attached: boomer juice.jpg (540x540, 32K)

Call it. Kek demands it.

I don't know about that, thoughts aren't illegal yet.

In the business world, people spend a good portion of their day fantasizing about what grand way they would quit their jobs.

Based on the number of crazy customers and the mind numbing tedium of a line that never ends and a deadline that never stops, I'm surprised we don't have more postal's, you know... going postal.

No post marks can happen on destination, but it's rare. Basically everyone in the chain has to not care.
Even marking it out with a pen is acceptable.
Postmarking is typically done at the primary sorting facility. Most of the time stations don't have time for it.
Let's say, a bomb like package with stamps comes in, it won't fit in most machines. It gets separated out to manual canceling (person actually hits it with an ink stamp)

meant for

>sees laminated paper with words on it
>paper has poor grammar ("other than assignee", should be "other than the recipient")
>supposed writing is fineprint, tho is typed in 11 point font at the top, rather than .5 font at the bottom like every other ID badge ever
>"badge" has full address of facility the person works at as well as closing times, just in case their fucking employees forgot

It's amazing that people that can't see through a simple larp pretend they are able to see the signs that the "bombs" were fake

turn the badge over and black out your name and face, then maybe i'll believe you. I'll be timing you, should be a simple turn over and picture, slight edit, and then post. But you won't cause you're a 17 year old larper whose mom has a laminating machine

Attached: ugh.jpg (306x306, 20K)

turn the badge over

nice try

Yeah, he's larping as a top secret letter sorter

>falls for obvious larp
>thinks he can spot glow in the dark

fucking kill yourself retard

Attached: figure 1-1 kys.png (205x246, 9K)

Stamped parcels practically glow in the dark. They are RARE. Most are metered, PVI, or printed priority.
You're literally trained, "If it has stamps, give it a second glance."
If these ever touched a facility, then it would have been an insider that tossied it in the priority container for on-site.
It still would have had to been ignored as uncanceled at the receiving facility, and the insufficient postage disregarded.

I'd have to mark out nearly the entire front, dumbass. Picture, name, facility, and barcode.

do it. I have a question but i don't want to ask a larper

You still didn't give me the nudes I asked for.

does anything look odd to you about this package, OP?

Attached: 1540515097100.png (433x386, 181K)

I'm not an expert on Post office ID's, though you obviously are.

The address is a valid office to the US postal inspectors. The badge is beat up, looks like from use. I've seen larper's, but who larps working for the post office?

Besides, Jow Forums has a wide readership. There's no reason to think we wouldn't have at least one postal worker among the thousands of readers.

shut the fuck up faggot

that looks like the normal boilerplate language on the back of an ID

I've had and have an work ID badge. The backs never, and I mean NEVER, look like that. Ever. The wording and everything is like something you'd read on a brochure. And people larp on Jow Forums all the time pretending to be insiders. doesn't matter where, they want the attention so they larp as having some hot scoop.

Let's say it was put in a box.
The carrier would have to not isolate it, being a stamped parcel.
Being lumpy, the manual canceler would have to ignore the signs and postage (and not send it to Revenue protection)
The sorting clerk would have to ignore the uncanceled stamps, and warning signs.
The receiving clerk would have to ignore the uncanceled stamps.
The delivering carrier would have to ignore the uncanceled stamps.
Depending on WHERE it was dropped, or the sorting facility capabilities, there could be up to 5 more people involved.

You ever have drug dogs in your facility? Ever found any drugs?

to clarify them NEVER looking like that, they either have fine print, a seal of the company, and some other stuff, or they are blank. they never look like that.

John I'm telling HR about this

I didn't know who that was, but now do. Thank you pol

Have you ever had a government ID?

I work in finance and sometimes we do these bulk mailings to participants. I get the return envelopes and find out the address matches what I can find in accurint. I send it out again and it goes through.

What are the odds something with a valid address gets sent back by accident?

mine does and it's a government regulated badge for a private company due to the nature of the work

I'd like to cancel my mail

Attached: usps-report-says-total-collapse.jpg (480x360, 10K)

That image is the ONLY one that looks like it's been near a facility. The yellow sticker matches the color and dimensions we order in bulk for Nixie and revenue protection.
But the stamps STILL should be marked out, even with a goddamn pen.

thanks

>thinks a government ID badge would fucking laminated rather than printed on an actual plastic card like every company from hospitals up does.

for reference, here's a simple fire fighter badge

Attached: fire fighter.jpg (500x417, 68K)

>Nixie
also, what does this mean?

How do you detect people sending bombs in the mail?

Yes, and plenty of times.
The inspectors usually play with Express mail.

thanks, really stimulates the cerebrum

They aren't sending their best.

Wut

he really should not answer this question

>has never read a legal document in their entire life
This an over 18 board, please leave.

You are a massive faggot

here's a picture of USPS ID badge. OP is a larper

Attached: USPS.jpg (570x575, 34K)

What's the longest you've gone without taking a shit?

This isn't really a place you want to post your employment status if you work for a US Agency of any sort, unless your goal is to be unemployed for a very long time.

It happens. Bad barcode, or a 'doublefeed' in a sorting machine, where it ends up associating one address with another envelope.

Okay but how often do you label said package with a yellow sticky note rather than an official stamp?

how retarded are you.
>hurr i have an ID badge therefore all other badges must look the same,

I work for a gov contractor, and my badge looks pretty similar. Same sized font, blurb about how misuse will get you fired and the badge is company property and then our ISO cert.

here's another one. OP is a larper

Attached: USPS2.jpg (1920x1080, 45K)

I don't know the origin of the term, but Nixie operations is bad addresses, return to sender stuff.

Underrated

thanks again

Sorry officer.
In that case, is there something in place that should be detecting shit like this?

Attached: vpln2p2yi2v01.jpg (420x420, 33K)

Rarely. The yellow labels are used when they're meant to be removed easily. The sticky on them is weak by design.
In my facility, they're most commonly used to remind people of things that might not be well known, like additional foreign postage.

Looks like an ID badge for PVC Print Shop LLC

no, I just don't want actual bombers to have this information. Do you?

>This is what it looks like
(x) Doubt

Yeah, my army ID's been like that since 2002. I haven't seen a laminate ID for probably 10 years, whether gov't or private sector.

You are so desperate for people to believe. Is this what happens to redditors when there is no downvote?

you have 11 posts in this thread faggot

shut the fuck up

youre shitposting is annoying

fucking 12 year old

I don't know about giant facilities. Mine is medium-large. The only detection is made in large envelopes and letters.
Security in parcels is limiting stamped items to 13 ounces. Otherwise it must be presented to a clerks, and if using stamps, receive a 'zero' PVI

So how fucked are we now that mail bombing is a thing.

Can the usps really handle the huge amount of shit being shipped.

Today we're all intensively studying post office operational procedures. I love Jow Forums.

Attached: 8fa1d23c3b10d026b02702e26d27c75d07ab35fb33e4466a02e475e1a6e882b7.jpg (448x522, 73K)

Are the stamps on these packages sufficient enough postage for them to be mailed?

What would your facility do if you had a dozen packages marked as from a politician full of stamps that don't accurate fund the postage due for their destination?

What happens if I don't put a return address?

My army Id is like that. got it in 2014. looks sketchy as shit. But they still let me on base to use the commissary and exchange.

3-4 days

Carrier here me in the pic AMA bombs were real lets get that out of the way.

Attached: AA472818-ACE0-4908-9A82-2DD877C1F503.jpg (675x1200, 140K)