What the fuck happened to FUN cars that are affordable? Now the Mazda Miata looks like a SERPENT lord...

What the fuck happened to FUN cars that are affordable? Now the Mazda Miata looks like a SERPENT lord, and it's priced at 25,730 base! The gen 1 and gen 2 Miata's were around 12k starting price, and the cars didn't look like reptilians overlords.

I could pick up a Honda Del Sol T-top in the 1990's for what was it... 11k base price? You could score girls and make friends while you're bumping based music in your T-top. But now? That's right everyone... instead of getting a T-top or convertible option, you get "sports" features and "improved mods" that increase the price +10k and boost your ego, but they don't make the driving experience more enjoyable. And enjoy the replacement cost! But hey, your sports logo looks cool.

Cars aren't about people (volks) anymore, or respect of the craft, but rather they are about narcissism and showing to the world how non-poor you are. Just take into consideration tinted windows: Why would you PAY MONEY to have that "feature?" You can't even see the driver, and the driver isn't getting natural sunlight. It's all about turning cars into moving coffins and disconnecting you from other people. It's about keeping people in a state of autism, anxiety, and fear.

Attached: 2017-mazda-mx-5-miata-rf-4.jpg (1280x854, 236K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8UT-2ovTLSo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's about politics and the NWO conspiracy.

Well can mods move this to the car section please instead of deleting? Didn't even know that existed.

>Mazda Miata

Attached: 99cf43f0fb.jpg (420x356, 93K)

>t. europoor bus rider.

This and it drives like a go kart.

Then buy an old car. New Miatas are awesome. So are GTIs. So much fun. Seriously, check out a GTI. You can race them (autocross especially) and they swallow 15 bags of mulch or 2 mountain bikes. They fucking rock.

Explain a better car please? We don't have the autobahn in the USA, so 4-cylinders feel really fun, plus the gas mileage.

s2000. Same concept as Miata, but not gay.

No cars cost 12k anymore, at least not one worth having. The Ford fiesta is about as cheap as it gets and good fucking luck finding a base model. 25k for a fun car is pretty reasonable, or if you can't afford that wait a year or two and pick one up used. Also if you think a first gen miata looks better than the new one you are nuts.

Sage

Honda CR-Z

6-speed Manual Transmission
Supercharged is a Factory Option for after-market
can achieve 40 miles to the gallon

can pick up a 2-year old used CR-Z for $13,000 easy

Attached: hondas-supercharged-cr-z-is-so-good-its-almost-unbelievable-quick-drive.jpg (1920x1280, 660K)

Would love to see an RSX priced and styled car but the auto market is so fucked it'll never happen. A lot of it has to do with people having shittier taste now

OP you do realize no one is FORCING you to buy new cars right? That said car culture is fucking cancer anyway. Take a look at the faggots that are "into" cars. Most of them lower the height, throw on some faggy wheels and put stickers on it, then pose and put up pictures on Instacrap. It's all about dick waving and showing off, not to mention a massive waste of money. Let's not forget also the spics that love racing their loud af hondas on public streets.

BMW 1-Series M

Attached: 2012-BMW-1-Series-M-Coupe-1.jpg (1595x1063, 103K)

Take it to the auto board. Not politics

I doubt you read my post, but the volkswagen's are overpriced by around 50%. It doesn't cost a car manufacturer more money to offer a t-top or convertible option at a fair price, yet they are only available at the 25k range new these days, just to spite us.

NPCs dude. Cars are just appliances and even appliances are cooler than cars now.

Get a BMW 135i, or a 2 series if you want one brand new.
>6-speed manual
>300hp stock which can EASILY be upped to 375-450 with some fairly inexpensive modification
>factory turbo
>n54 135is hover around 7-13,000 USD.
To put it simply I'm a 20 year old college student making (if I'm lucky) 40k this year and I can afford it with relative ease, and still have spare change to modify it.

Attached: 00F0F_9YkPo9feQu8_1200x900.jpg (1200x900, 132K)

fack m8 you beat me to it

Discontinued. Where's the replacement? Also the price went up because of discontinuation.

They don't offer it because normies don't want it. It's the same reason why manuals are being phased out.

I picked up a 2014 camaro for 12k a couple of months ago. It was only 24k I think new. Got it because wife wanted stickshift daily driver again like Europe, but after one drive she gave up and I've been driving it. Its only the little V6 but its still a decent bit of fun considering itll get 32mpg and insurance isnt much at all.

I expect to get destroyed for this but the Hyundai elantra sport is a pretty damn fun car that you can pick up new for under 20 k on sale.
Its got a 200 Hp turbo motor and around same torque, a independent rear suspension, backup camera apple/ android car play, and comfy leather heated seats. Its a decent dad car for the price if you want to zip around a bit more and be conspicuous.
Some youtubers autocrossed it against the new SI and it held its own.

If you want cheap fast fun is recommend it.

I got a 2018 Mustang Eco Boost 2 months ago loaded for $23,400. Almost went for a GT but wanted the better gas mileage. Haven't had a bit of buyers remorse.

You fags are missing my point entirely. Cars DO cost the same, except an 11k in the 90's costs 15k+ today. Where are the fun features? Your'e not allowed to have them unless you're upper middle class or more. Because the auto industry hates you.

I drive a truck... Merica!

I don't see a t-top option. Post pics of one. And it's ugly as fuck.

>what is inflation over time?
>what is cost of resources increasing over time?
>what the fuck is economics?
never change, John. your lack of understanding on how prices work is cute

Attached: columbo.png (279x213, 78K)

were called bus wankers here, faggot
youtube.com/watch?v=8UT-2ovTLSo

Blame the idiots that take out car loans and don't care that they are being blatantly ripped off, but do it anyway because they need to prove to their neighbors and people they don't even fucking know that they're not (((poor)))

>Mustang
>Eco
wtf is it? a 1.1 litre?

>no one is FORCING you to buy new cars right?
>relying on something that's in limited supply and only getting rarer

Attached: 1461635708723.jpg (633x758, 35K)

(((Normies don't want it. Call AAA when your tire is flat go... model citizen.We offer a tinted windows package, at a discount.)))

I wouldnt buy American anywhere near that small, but I used to have an SLK 1.8 that could fucking go.

You need help. My 90's civic is superior, and costs me 22 per month insurance.

Limited supply my ass. There is no shortage of used cars you can get.
If people brought it, they'd offer it. Why would a company keep making something that 95% of the market doesn't want? Stop being an NPC and think about it

You also look like a sperg driving it so

Cash for Clunkers fucked up the used car market pretty bad for a long time.

NA Miata = best Miata

what i was trying to convey, was i thought all your cars are like 5 litres or some crazy shit. you pay for a gallon of fuel, what we pay for a litre here. i thought mustangs had huge engines so seeing the word eco on one made me laugh

Fuck this thread. Narcissists out in full force. You guys actually think that audi, bmw, and Volkswagen are authentic versions of their originals. They're not. They're just a demonic NWO trap.

>I make gud money so the world is great!
>t. NWO npc that thinks only of himself.

Good goy.

>what is inflation
The current Miata adjusted for inflation is around the same price. They’re still an incredible bargain.

>22 per month insurance.
wtf its like £120 here

over-regulation and safety features stifled car design, it all looks the same now
i want my fuggin futurecars

>Just take into consideration tinted windows: Why would you PAY MONEY to have that "feature?"

Protip: some places are sunny and hot

look, if you like faggy cars, thats cool. but see
this should answer your thread. you should go over to >>Jow Forums and learn what economics are.

What is inflation for $500, Alex? A NA or NB miata was around the same price in the 90's when adjusted. Not Mazda's fault that you're fuckin poor.

I look like a guy in a 90's civic. So just like this.

Attached: 1996-1998_Honda_Civic_sedan_--_12-14-2011_2.jpg (1768x956, 1.01M)

Whatever dude, if you're not baiting then you're fucking retarded. The whole concept of car ownership is a massive dick waving contest, even from the people who supposedly are enthusiasts. Again, blame the assholes who take out car loans and buy shit they can't really afford, but have been convinced that they need it. The redpill is to stop giving a shit and buy/drive what you like

BMW = Buy More Warranty. Those cars are absolute dogshit after 50k miles (important shit starts breaking) I've owned several M cars.

Attached: 1527263128982.png (598x369, 387K)

Oh for sure they are usually huge. My wife has the smallest camaro you can get and thats 3.6. The 1.8 slk would still beat the shit out of it though i think. I learned living over there that small European engines were often fantastically fast, (I had a modded out Japanese import Impreza in UK, but still). It reminded me of 2-stroke motorcycles.

Mostly because modern cars have unnecessary bells and whistles.

Power windows please, that will do.

>tinted windows: Why would you PAY MONEY to have that "feature?"
Because I live in a desert that regularly gets over 100 degrees. Keeps ya cooler in the summer.

>these cars are absolute dogshit after 50k miles
Sure, if your dad stops changing your oil. If you take your car to a dealership or mechanic for basic maintenance you're an NPC

The last part is correct, but the car designs are more and more egotistical. See here:

Inflation

NA Miatas were NEVER EVER cheap. Don't fall for that stupid meme.

In the USA $14,000 (1990) for a 110hp Miata bought you a 200hp Turbo AWD Eagle Talon or a 220hp 5.0 Mustang. $14,000 in 1990 adjusted for inflation is $28,000. And boomers were literally paying $5,000 over MSRP for NA Miatas when they came out. So if you think a Miata was ever "cheap" you're dead wrong, just employment options were way better back then.

>sour grapes

if anything social media is causing a resurgence in car culture along with better employment options for young zoomers

12,000 in 1989 = 24,430 in 2018

This, but it’s getting better.

Do you know what they did with all those cars?

>own E39 M sport with 201k miles
No major problems in my end

This. I prefer cranks and grey interior. Everything is fucking BLACK and spray painted silver now. Fuck me.

>Sure, if your dad stops changing your oil.
Can't even come up with a proper rebuttal. Pic related.

Attached: 2FE-_TPc6AgkAyaGHHsf0mskAWbD2N028ZtXrwyZTlc.jpg (576x768, 67K)

120k on my M3 with no serious issues.

Tell me about your Impreza.

What year, engine, mods? How much money did you put in it?

boomer tier car

Simple, Inflation and destruction of the middle class. With everyone barely able to survive with only themselves as a single earner, you'll notice most of the economy is driven by debt.

Simply no one has the money anymore. Most jobs pay less than 35k a year. Think about that for a minute. I pay about 1700 a month in bills. If it was not for the fact I work almost 60 hours a week. I simply could not afford to live beyond just subsistence level. Without overtime you'll need to make 13.00 an hour minimum just to live. I could reduce cost just a little more and would leave me with some money saved for emergencies. I have no student loans, so I am better off than most. I am saving over 100-150+ a month due to that alone.

TL;DR. The American dream has been long dead. The loan economy is only delaying the inevitable collapse. The bill will come due.

EPA and Federal regulations of more EPA and safety = more costs

Regulations and development/labor costs make what you're looking for virtually impossible in the Western/1st world.

I dont know why man but...I recently got a drivers license, for several months now already and my prime defining desire for a car is

>has a nice looking butt

and for that reason I bought a 2004 punto, and probably want a newer punto now as well...but have you noticed how ugly the butts are of many modern cars? Pretty face, pretty bod but it is as if the designers do not even care the slightest for the butts.

Kinda this. I’d rather have a 25,000 entertainment system and a 2,000 car than vice versa.

I never actually seen a camaro in real life here. i saw a couple mustangs though. such lovely cars. the only fords we really have are ford focus and ford fiesta. i doubt you have these in america. would be surprised with the choice of cars you have, anyone would want them. on subarus, the prodrive place is very close to where i live. they do some really nice imprezas. my friend had a silver prodrive one, and the doors weighed nothing when you opened them. it was so fucking fast. we were on the dual carriage way, cruising the speed limit past a police van, and he just tuck his foot down, and we just disappeared. police didnt even bother to even try and chase us. one time his chick caught him cheating, so she took the car, cant drive, trashed it so fuckoing bad. riupped the front wjheels back into the wheel arches. dont even know how that is possible, smashed the whole thing up, and left him loooooool. she turned up at our work in the wreck, and he was out on a job, and our boss was just rolling on the floor laughing as she continued to smash the shit out of it in the car park. it was possibly the greatest day at that job.it was such a waste of a car though. it was so nice. prodrive imprezas are really nice. quite nice remembering that day now its come to mind

Attached: 19902018.png (387x293, 17K)